Been rewatching S:TAS lately and it occurs to me that, were it made today, Livewire would have a Tumblr account

Been rewatching S:TAS lately and it occurs to me that, were it made today, Livewire would have a Tumblr account

Feels good

Even if she's tumblr-tier, Livewire could get it

Didn't she have a radio show or something? Why would she need a tumblr account, if she already has a huge platform for her opinion? I don't even get what you mean.

You can just say you want to have a Livewire thread, you don't have to just string together a list of "OP's buzzwords".

What have they done to you.

Just throw some wood crates at Superman. That will slow him down.

Why do they always feel the need to change the outfits? Her original one was simplistic, but simple isn't bad.

Why do celebrities have Twitter accounts? why would they need social media when they've already got a huge platform for their opinions?

She feels very social justice-y to me, even ignoring the blue hair.

Funny thing, most of that episode was Supes figuring out what her deal was.

And may have been a precursor to or part of Project Cadmus.

Yeah, but they don't have tumblrs. Even the hardcore social justice types don't. Because they already have a platform to spout their ideas.

They did a good job later tying every government experiment gone wrong into the foundation for Cadmus. Hell, Cadmus took a lot of plots that felt like throwaway "Government is so vaguely evil" and gave them a higher purpose that was far more believable.

But since this is a Livewire thread, what did you all think of the episode where she teamed up with Poison Ivy (and Harley was also sort of there)?

Cadmus is a fun idea, be it in cartoon or comic form, because it's based in a logical response. You see all these superpowered individuals operating beyond the law every week, occasionally racking up property damage, and folks in government will ask who they answer to. "No one" is a terrifying answer. Logically, someone would want to engineer counters or failsafes to these individuals. It's the old "who guards the guards, who watches the watchmen" problem. The Justice Lords and Injustice prove that it's well-founded. I'd also argue that Project Cadmus makes better sense and has been better executed than Marvel's SHIELD and Thunderbolts.

Unfortunately, I've never watched that one. That's something I'll have to remedy quickly.

Wasn't that great. It wasn't like The World's Finest, which I feel was one of the best episodes of S:TAS. It lacked the same impact, I think most likely because Batgirl and Supergirl instantly got along and they're basically the same except Supergirl's super strong and Batgirl's super smart. Whereas when they teamed up Batman and Superman there was this appeal in that they were two very different, almost opposite, people, and only sort of reluctantly teamed up together.

It's a TNBA episode

There are celebrities, or wannabe celebrities, who blog on Tumblr. A radio shock jock would fall into that purview.

What she was is a shock jock, which is a form of radio that really peaked in the early 90's. Nowadays you don't need to be on the radio to have a controversial, radical opinion that reaches the masses, you just need a social media account. Because the social justice warrior is more archetypal than the shock jock in the current era, it would make more sense to make her the former than the latter in a modernization.

There's no reason she couldn't still work as a shock jock, but the main reason to keep that the case is just tradition.

Didn't she want the superdick, or am I misremembering that?

The whole episode, I couldn't help but feel that she was playing up the brat stuff in the hopes that Supes would get pissed off enough to bend her over his knee and spank her.

Unless there's some subtext there that I missed, no.

It's Maxima that really wanted to fuck Superman

Just rewatched it.
Great episode.
Very self contained.
Still love the shows musical score.
Lori Petty embodied the character.
10 minutes of antagonist introduction.
So terrible you just want to punch her in the mouth.
Perfect antagonist.
10 minutes of her being a supervillain and fucking with the city.
The one drawback is that despite her showing superstrength and the like you can feel the kiddie gloves because punching girls is too shocking.

My other criticisms are that she seems to want revenge on superman for turning her into an energy creature despite him telling her to quit her shit at her show and trying to save her from the weather.
The biggest issue being that she also seems to enjoy being an energy creature.
I'd simply remove the "YOU DID THIS TO ME!" lines, but in a way the idea of blaming others is one of the defining features of that personality type.
So I don't really have any other criticisms.

Ah, that one. Watched it, couldn't help thinking of /monster/.

Well that's an appropriate name for the character's actress if I ever saw one.

She had a pretty poor run as a villain. Lost then teamed up with Parasite and suffered the double cross. Then teamed up with Harley and Ivy and lost to second stringers Batgirl and Supergirl. Joined up with other Superman hating villains thought they killed Superman and got beat by the Justice League. Finally I think she just ended up in the background of the Legion.

All she's good for is as a cocksleeve

She would, but that wouldn't be her main source of views. She'd be a shitty and edgy youtube e-celeb who also has a large and equally edgy twitter following. But she would be a tumblrite for sure and would be pissed that a being like Superman exists since he's a powerful man and a very offensive cis male pig symbol.

A lot of good villains never even had much importance and were reduced to background legion bullshit.

How come?

What's with faggot permavirgins and their obsession with tumblr?

It's sad how Sinestro went from only wanting to kill Green Lanterns and getting his revenge to let's steal some Euros.

Hey, the Euro is strong and will last forever. Sinestro knows a sound investment when he sees one.

I think they pointed that out with the 'At least now we know you hit girls'

All I can say is, thank god S:TAS was made in the 90s.

pic related

It was okay

Though in typical secret government organisation fashion, they went off the reservation pretty fuckin fast. At least it wasn't CIA, they'd be giving superpowers to dictators as soon as they could manage.

Wasn't the DCAU just before Sinestro got further developed in the comics are his own Corps?

I take it you mean the shitty new Thunderbolts, as opposed to the glorious old Thunderbolts, who were villains masquerading as heroes

It was around that time, yes

Yeah, that's who I meant. I completely forgot about the old ones, who had a nice concept going for them.

You talking about before or after Luthor sent them on a ruse cruise?

What's wrong with it? Looks like a punk rocker.

This. Not to mention irksome internet culture and slang, like people who say hashtag in real life. I recall that the new Transformers cartoon did that shit and I physically cringed.

What a fucking insult.

It was okay I guess. What bothered me was that this episode made me realize that all the girls in the series have the exact same figure/body shape.

Her and babs would have had one for sure

Does it make that much a difference? They were cloning disposable superheroes for a while, I figured.

And hiring Lex Luthor was already… well, can understand why a supergenius is what a shady government science project wants on their side, but as Waller said, she knew he was a snake and still let him bite her. And pretty much everything Cadmus did made their worries a self-fulfilling prophecy as they escalated conflict with the Justice League.

Of course, I suppose that's what makes it a story.

The DCAU did rely way too much on a pretty small set of face and body templates. Kept the budget down, I guess.

It was so the animators couldn't go off model. If you look at the original B:TAS the animation quality was all over the place. Of course, B:TAS used a variety of animation studios whereas everything DCAU from S:TAS onwards either used Dong Yang/Koko or TMS

I still preferred B:TAS. The characters had real variety as did the women with their own unique faces, uniquely supple lips ranging from pink, red to even that delicious orange and gooey look and the asses and figures. Fucking Talia man.

sinestro is no economist