How will Emacs geezers ever recover from this?

How will Emacs geezers ever recover from this?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/ID_AA_Carmack
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Well, he isn't wrong. Emacs bindings are pure fucking autism. It is only nice because of how much it can do. neoVim is the superior text editor

perl6-mode :^)

Daily reminder that modal editors are for tards.

I take it you are a nanobabby?

No reason to restrict myself to xterm keybind restrictions. I usually use geany or textadep for programming. Nano for $EDITOR, indeed.

I take it you haven't tried spacemacs.

Why would I listen to a faggot that uses social media? He clearly doesn't know his ass from a text editor.

I'm inclined to believe this guy knows a tad more than you about programming:
twitter.com/ID_AA_Carmack

Except he doesn't use vi. He uses Visual Studio. You can be a brilliant programmer and still have shit taste, just like you can be a Nobel Prize-winning molecular biologist and still deny that HIV causes AIDS.

How embarrassing is it, then, that even using Visual Studio, that man is 100x the programmer you are? You insulted yourself. Besides, a good craftsman doesn't blame his tools. No tool will ever be suitable for you if you can't code.

fuck off

There are few programmers that measure up to John Carmack. It's not an insult to not be as good as him.

I never blamed the tools. I just think he has shit taste. What text editor you choose is a matter of taste and working style.

ry reading some of that guy's code. Shit blows my fuckin mind.

He's right, the same applies to Vim as well and especially to IDEs. For a beginner the most important thing is to get code out, how they do it is irrelevant. Just pick a regular old text editor and start writing, you can learn a proper programmer's editor later.

Guido "i want to remove lambda because the name is confusing" van Rossum isn't relevant.

Rocket design, another thing you know 100% less of than the person you're armchair-criticizing. Fuck off back to the earth you rose from.

Python is fairly powerful in that you can do a lot with it while not knowing how to program. Python is written in C, so its essentially a wrapper for C. I've been able to do things in Python that take much longer in other languages. The shame of it is that I dislike Python because it isn't compiled and it isn't so easy to share programs in a locked-down corporate environment where plebs are running vanilla Win7 with no admin rights... so there are just a lot of variables to whether something is useful or even "good" when compared to something else, and it really depends more on your unique circumstances to make that value judgement. I'll say this: Python has exceeded TCL and Perl as far as scripting languages go, and its more portable than Visual Basic scripting, so there's that. Does Python compare to C++ and Java favorably? Only in that its easier to go further, faster, for the amateur. So in this way I can say that although I would love to agree with you that Python is a shit language, it is useful. Python 2 versus Python 3 is a trainwreck because Guido fucked up on the earlier implementations... but rather than make a conversion tool to upgrade code, or maintain backwards compatability by retaining garbage and just calling it deprecated while promoting the latest syntax, the dude just broke everything and said, "not compatible, lol, idgaf". So in that respect Guido is not responsible, not as smart as everyone would like to think, the guy obviously made major mistakes than necessitated Python 3 to be a complete disconnect from the earlier versions.

Guido did something useful for scripting but he's not a demi-god and his politics are shit. I'm not a Guido apologist. His parents hated him or they wouldn't have named him Guido, holy shit, maybe we should hate him too, but I really just don't feel anything towards him, he's just another SJW whose tools will be used in furthering the eventual instantiation of the Omnissiah. Once the Omnissiah comes we will be blessed with the best programming language possible, designed from scratch by greater than human intelligence for use by humans.

what's so surprising about it?
This is a guy who rejected tail-call optimization in his programming language because he thinks it will scare noobs away.

don't mess with muh Kary Mullins :^)

This tbh
After using spacemacs for a few months there's no way I'll go back to a lesser editor.

is this what passes for trolling around here these days? step it up.

but what if C is wrapper for asm???????

Dutch programmer rating:

God tier:
Theo de Raadt

Good tier:
Edsger W. Dijkstra

shit tier:
Bram Moolenaar

trash:
Guido van Rossum

What did he do? Good list otherwise.

textadept?

kek

I was gonna say 'sub-sewer tier,' but that works too.

The default implementation is written in C, but it can alse be written in Java, and it can be written in any language... so its a higher-high level programming language.

Old brains were smart. New brains are fucking retarded.

every thread

EVERY THREAD YOU SHOW UP

GO AWAY

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

So does pypy mean python is a higher level language than python?
Does the fact that assemblers are written mostly in C mean that assembly is a high level language?

Don't confuse vertical versus horizontal. Obviously you can chain one language to call things in another, but in this case we are talking about using a higher level of abstraction to drive the lower level of abstraction, to then get to machine instruction. So you have high/low of twenty years ago becoming very high/high/low levels. I know it can be confusing because the distinctions are arbitrary at times due to a lack of standardization of terminology, but if you just let go then you will grasp everything, I'm certain. We are all gonna' make it bro.

DAE le wrong generation‽ xDxDxD

Are you so retarded you really think you can use rusty old hammers to repair electronic componets in rockets?

Fuck that guy tbh. Did he write a fucking compiler and OS? No, because he's another cia nigger.

Sorry guys looks like I'm #Vimzard now