"Kino"/Visually Striking Films?

Looking for the best of the best. Have a week off of everything and id like to spend it watching films. Last great thing I saw was Barry Lyndon and everything else since has seemed like shit. Help me out?

Pic unfortunately not very related…

Other urls found in this thread:

en.
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Holy Mountain may be pretentious dog shit but it can definitely be described as "visually striking".

Tron

Yes, but Im looking for shit that has the visual aspect and is actually good all around, best of the best. Maybe I wasn't specific enough.

Brade runner, russian ark, the cook the thief his wife and her lover, most fellini movies. The nightwatch comes closest, but it is a mediocre film otherwise. Look for movies with natural lighting. That was kubrick's trick.

Sorry to say, I haven't yet encountered a film that could match barry lyndon in terms of mise en scene, lighting, and general cinematography.

Agree

Fuck off. This is the third "recommend me kino guize" thread in the catalog I'm not posting them again.

Not nightwatch. nightwatching.

Cool thanks man

I already got some good recommendations but you sure showed me by not posting your super secret elite list lmao

The Seventh Seal

Some of those are new to me, Ill check them out, thanks.

I loved everything about it. I may have fucked myself over by watching it and peaking too early.

Saw this, didn't blow me away but I certainly enjoyed it.

Nosferatu

Go read one of the other threads moron

Akira
Ghost in the Shell 1 and 2
Redline

Sir calm down Im getting scared please stop

Actually you can pretty much add any Mamoru Oshii film, including his live-action stuff. I enjoyed this one.

He certainly likes whores from the future

Beyond the Black Rainbow I guess

Have heard mixed things but I suppose It couldn't hurt to have it laying around.

also any Mad Max, Oblivion, Alien, Interstellar

Oblivion looks promising as I find pretty much anything with Tom Cruise in it hilarious

well you did ask for visually striking films, not necessarily masterpieces and the movie has cool aesthetics

I wasnt being sarcastic bro ;)))

I know. That's the only way my answer makes sense

Look man I asked for the best of the best so if this has the visual appeal I demanded as well as a fantastic performance by the sprinting tom cruise this shits gon fit the beel?

well it has cool aesthetics and hot actresses so I guess it's worth your time. story is very simple though and the twist is kinda obvious

HERE YOU FUCKING PLEBS. I'LL POST IT FOR THE 548TH TIME SINCE PEARLS BEFORE SWINE MAKES MY DICK HARD. ONCE AGAIN NOBODY WILL REPLY TO IT. ONCE AGAIN NOBODY HAS SEEN IT AND NOBODY WILL WATCH IT BECAUSE YOU PROBABLY CAN'T EVEN FIND IT BECAUSE THERE ARE NO SEEDS BECAUSE NOBODY REALLY WANTS TO BE CHALLENGED OR ENLIGHTENED AND """KINO""" HAS SIMPLY TURNED INTO PLEBSPEAK FOR ANYTHING BRIGHT AND SHINY THAT DOESN'T REQUIRE TOO MUCH THOUGHT. SCROLL AND IGNORE YOU TROGLODYTIC PEDESTRIANS. SCROLL AND IGNORE.

Im literally acquiring this as we speak, it better be as good as I hope you fuck

Also if you have any more "pearls" in that tiny, but tightly clenched fist feel free to cast them my way…

Thank me later. If after the end you're not moved beyond words something's wrong with you.

Let me know what you think of russian ark. No use recommending anything else if you don't like that.

Looks like my kinda thing, thanks!

Copy that!

It's incredible how Holla Forums has devolved this much. Such a high concentration of plebs. All of you faggots have shit taste by the way and you don't even know what kino is.

they probably all post on the other board by now

TARKOVSKY

He made all his films look beautiful.

Also try some Andrzej Zulawski.

A Field in England is another good one.

No, something's wrong with ``you``. ``You`` must have some sort of chemical imbalance, looking at things emotionally will kill you.

At least Holla Forums is still alive, /film/ is dead m8

Not a lot of bear kino

It's only alive as the new Holla Forums. Or the ghetto of /a/ and Holla Forums.

Hahaha wow, "Got 'em!" hahahaha!

Dang man I was hoping to find aome good films but if you say these are all trash (while posting no actual kino despite being an expert) I better just take your word for it!! Fuck dude how is such a smooth and sex having guy even posting here?!!

In-naruto kinda fucked around too much in this one for my liking. The whole thing shouldve been about Tom Hardy's character instead…

Nigger, first off speak fucking English you retarded abortion of a person. You are so painfully new it's hard to bear. I'm not giving you any actual "kino" or whatever the fuck that even means now because I know that you don't even have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate let alone understand high concept works of art in any field. By the way just to set you on the right trail Russian Ark, and while it pains me to say it the revenant, are the two closest films to being kino in this entire fucking thread. Someone also mentioned Tarkovsky but the plebs here only see him as a meme and not as an actual good director. Also I'm assuming you are OP, the holy mountain is not kino it's simply an art film more concerned with visuals than any sort of reflection of being.

According to the official, non-Holla Forums meme definition of kino, your average youtube poop is more kino than any of these professionally produced, high budget, bourgeoisie effluvia. MDE is more kino than Tarkovsky will ever be. Fucking Nostalgia Critic and the aspie wonder crew are more kino than anything in this thread.

The traditional Holla Forums definition of kino should actually be called art house. Movies like Russian Ark, Tarkovsky's shit, Ingmar Bergman's stuff, etc are art house movies. Attaching the classification kino to shit movies like the SW prequels and those sniper movies with John Cena was at first ironic. Then the regurgitation of these memes as an ironic jab at pretentious art house culture evolved into a kind of annoying post-ironic seriousness. At least that's how I see it.

You are one arrogant motherfucker. Also mad.

Kino, the actual definition, just means cinema. I have no idea what you are talking about with this…
However I understand the rest, but kino and art house do not necessarily equate. Usually kino, the older Holla Forums definition, is characterized by long takes, reflection, and a sense of being; not all art house films are like this. 'Patrician' and 'kino' are also different but kino falls into patrician as well.

Picnic at Hanging Rock.

I'm going off of this:
en. wikipedia. org/wiki/Kino_(movement)

You are also right. There are multiple definitions.