Mods, holy shit, you need to get rid of fucking Jojo general

Mods, holy shit, you need to get rid of fucking Jojo general.

Get off your asses already, the shitposters aren't from just /a/, Holla Forums, or Holla Forums, they're from ALL OF THEM. They literally come here for that motherfucking general. Delete it and all this filthy casual scum will scatter like roaches.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anime
bato.to/reader#8ae112d5a4060560
youtube.com/watch?v=rR1cMPnMcaY
imdb.com/title/tt3756788/awards
youtube.com/watch?v=_vzlO4yvHVk
youtube.com/watch?v=pAcXt-NOb1U
youtube.com/watch?v=tVi_fs2oz3E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

GODDAMN IT, THEY'RE POSTING THE SAME FUCKING REACTION IMAGES IN THE THREAD THAT THEY USE WHEN SHITPOSTING

REMOVE CASUAL

Sounds like an Adventure Time fanboy is upset.

Literally nobody watches Adventure Time. Why do we even need a general if it's just for Jojo discussion?

I don't give a shit about adventure time, I want jojo shitposters to stop derailing EVERY FUCKING THREAD.

Its been happening since long before the Jojo general. Maybe its accelerated it, I haven't noticed. I still end up having to report several new Holla Forums, /a/, Holla Forums and Holla Forums threads daily.

Answer me this, where you have been the last 6 months or so ?

Seriously, how fucking insane is it that we have to derail off-topic threads to get discussion of comics and cartoons ON OUR OWN BOARD?

Is this fucking bizarroworld? Why is this allowed?

On here blaming /a/ for it when our true enemy was in sight all along.

This only happens when you bring up a shit series no one wants to talk about, or when you start getting assblasted about Jojo.

I just noticed a great influx of new retards, maybe because summerfags or cuck/co/ mods went on a rampage again

Maybe your shit threads. I never see it happen to actual good threads. Jojo derailing shit threads have basically become it's own in joke now. I don't know if anyone actually gives a shit about that series or just posts it to bother people like yourself.

Sonny Jim, not only are you exaggerating to comical levels, but any "derails" that happen are your fault for engaging.

Also, Jojo is its own unique thing, precursor to but separate from much of modern-day anime. It helps that the maker is a massive Westaboo.

The Chaos Gods speak clearly now…

What are you talking about 'my threads', I see comic discussion get destroyed all the time and it's not even ones i make.

I used to not believe people when they called Holla Forums really fucking autistic but when I see threads like these, I can understand where that sentiment comes from.

Maybe it's because you take the bait and start crying about it and everyone starts mocking you by Jojoposting. Stop derailing threads, retard.

An explanation of appeal, thick skull, not an excuse…

As you may now notice Holla Forums is literally the most autistic board. It's so fucking easy to troll because everyone here gets triggered at the slightest instance. Instead of rolling with the punches and making things great like /tg/ or just rerailing things onto subject by ignoring the trolls; everyone takes the bait and decide to be butthurt.

Have a JoJo pic. Special just for OP's shitty thread.

Tell me why anime discussion should be allowed here.

Tell me why people should be allowed to shitpost threads to death here.

Because cartoons and comics aren't worth a damn nowadays.

How about ignoring the shitposts and actually, you know, DISCUSS THINGS YOU TURBO AUTIST! But you can't can you? You just have to take the bait and help them get their derail train going. You're as big, IF NOT a bigger problem, than the trolls. You can't handle the bants and as such you make it incredibly easy.

TL;DR Git Gud

Holla Forums is very autistic but Holla Forums will always be the most autistic because of the sheer number of speds there.

Oh, so I was right. You are an autist that takes the bait.
Tell me why people should be able to make shitty threads whining about what people post here, either? Jojo is important to shove a foot up the asses of retards like you. Does /a/ even like Jojo, anyway? It's filled to the brim with western influences and it's not about moe waifus. So what's the harm in discussion in a general that's just meant to laugh at actual fuckings fans of shit cartoons like AT?

What's the font used here? I want to edit into something like replacing anime with adventure time.

Looks like Wildwords to me. A lot of scanlators use it.

I did that last month

Yes, I have noticed that people will take the bait for ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING. You name it. You just mention something Holla Forums and some Holla Forums nigger shows up and derails and vice versa. You mention how cartoons are shit and some cartoon puritan will tell you how anime is trash, and vice versa.

It's incredible. It seems every other board (aside from Holla Forums) can actually handle some banter, except for Holla Forums where cartoons and comics are s00per serius busnes guise.

I know a lot of people around Holla Forums are really, REALLY paranoid about Tumblr or Reddit invading like it did in cuckchan but seeing as there are threads like these where some guy is releasing his autism saying "MODS THEY AREN'T POSTING CARTOONS GET RID OF THEM REEEEEEEEE", it looks like Tumblr and Reddit have arrived in full force with the red carpet laid out for them. What a shame.

I'll get on that.

Yes but I want to do it with different panels from different parts.

I said it's not about moe waifus, not that there aren't any.

Of course, I forgot the two biggest moe waifus.

ayyy lmao

I would like it if I could shitpost about Adventure Time in an Adventure Time thread for once, no offense to Jojo, but it really should drop all pretenses of being the designated Adventure Time thread. They should also fuck off out of any others that are made.

What's stopping you?

Explain yourself

Not much I guess aside from it just devolving into Jojo posting, which is funny, but it doesn't exactly prove conducive to actually discussing how low Adventure Time has sunk.

I really do just want to pop into AT threads to be angry every once and a while, it's cathartic.

You don't still watch the show, do you?

We had a field day on /jojo/ when I am a Sword aired, y´know, when they LITERALLY cucked Finn to death
We can still discuss that shit, but it has to air first

There's nothing to be angry about anymore because the show hardly airs and when it does air, it's a bunch of bullshit that no one even watches anymore. That's why Jojo has taken over AT. It's not even worth being angry at anymore. It's not worth anyone's time.

Does Holla Forums have mods?

I thought the bo just logged in now and then to maintain bo status

Did you retards try not giving them attention?

On and off, only pop in occasionally to see just how bad it's gotten. It's like watching a train wreck, a wreck involving a train that never ends. You'd think after a while the wreck would become less horrible, that less people would be dying, but then you watch in horror as the car filled with orphan babies tumbles off the rails with the car full of innocent puppies and kittens not far behind.

It's fascinating to me, how one show can become so terrible.

True enough in that it has to air, but you can't blame me for not paying attention to the /jojo/ threads because they're actually just about jojo.

There's always something to be angry about, user. My rage is what drives me, what makes me whole. One day I hope that this pit of anger inside me will grow so large that it will swallow the sun.

They do, but they only remove general spam and cp. They're not a personal army for OP whenever he sees a thread he doesn't like on Holla Forums.

Of course not. Look at the Power Rangers thread. Or even look at this faggots' responses in this thread. Someone Jojoposts, and they lose their fucking shit. It's hilariously pathetic.

I didn't know Khorne posted on Holla Forums

chan autism is a blessing and a curse, user. You just have to live with it.

Also, the reason we don't talk about AT is because it's not even rage inducing, it's just really boring nonsense that no one cares enough about to keep up with. It isn't the blatant retardation like current Marvel comics that are straightforward with their garbage. It's for the better that we don't talk about AT.

Does AT even air anymore? I never see it on tv.

Though the pieces of shit took months to deal with the fucking spambot in the DBZ abridged thread. Finally the thread's dead.

It hardly airs. It follows that SU type of schedule where it hardly ever airs anything new, and when it does, it's just some pointless shit only Tumblr gives a shit about.

OP here, note that I didn't say to make it back into AT general, only the truly forsaken still care about that show.

What I want the mods to do is DELETE the general. It's just discussion of Jojo, which is already off-topic, but then the posters from that thread post about how comics and cartoons are "too far gone" when they know nothing about them. They talk about how it's all 'capeshit' and say you should read jojo instead, or if you try to talk about cartoons, they say that modern cartoons are all tumblr trash and you should watch jojo instead.

It need to stop. Let them have their circlejerk on their own fucking board.

I just want to talk about comics and cartoons.

I have seen literally none of that outside of the Adventure Time general. And I use this board a lot.

Well, let's say they're just not very reliant but they do eventually remove spam.

I visit this board every day and I participate in most threads. 99% of Jojo posting is contained to the AT general. Aside from the rare reaction image someone might use, I haven't seen a time where Jojo posting derailed a thread.

Do you just come here to tell lies?

The only thing I saw in the Power Rangers thread was someone probably you taking some stale ass bait and derailing the thread.

This is why we need IDs. So we can make fun of you fucking couple of faggots who actually care so much about bait in your shit threads.

Why should it be allowed here? It belongs on /a/.

The question isn't "why should it be allowed here", but rather "what the fuck are you going to do about it?"

Again, I'll say this. This is Holla Forums, why should your shitty Holla Forums-tier whiny threads belong here, either?
Jojoposting is more of a meme than anything else, anyway, to make fun of shitty crap. Contribute positively to the board and you'll see less Jojoposting.

Make a thread so cancerous the mods delete your thread.

If that doesn't work, you'll find it a kind of difficult to post when I start storytiming The Unfunnies and Crossed in your little general.

Woah, buddy, you're being way too presumptuous right now.

You don't get to derail any threads you don't like with your shitty manga and then tell people to "quit crying" when they call you a faggot. It's not gonna happen, I'm sorry.

So you're not a Jojofag then?

Prove it. Tell me jojo is trash. Say it has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Wow, it's like elementary school all over again. I would like to reiterate the fact that it's people like OP that really prove that what everyone says about Holla Forums being a bunch of whiny autists really is true.

Jojo is trash. It has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

You say I don't get to, but look what happens.
You're a retard. Stop taking bait and it wouldn't happen. Stop getting triggered and going full Tumblrtard by acting like you're entitled to your Jojo-free safespace.

The mods will not protect you since the general is on unstable ground as it is.

Cry all you want, you can't stop it.

Good, now redtext in all caps that anyone who likes jojo is a complete and utter faggot.

you what

IDs sucks balls and remove anonymity.
t. Holla Forumsirgin

jojo, like all anime, is trash and has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

If they had a problem with the threads, wouldn't they have done something about them by now?

What, are you going to crash any jojoposting with no survivors? Tell me, what's the next step of your master plan?

Actually, I'm not the OP. I am not the one who made an entire thread pleading to the mods to remove the Jojo general because "boo hoo muh cawtoons :^(".

IDs have done nothing but greatly improve post quality on every board that uses them.

t. another Holla Forumsirgin.

But I like samefagging on slow boards, it's what keeps Holla Forums alive.

You're fucking hilarious kid, post more jojo

My seven proxies say you're a faggot

But I like samefagging on ID boards without people knowing, it's what keeps Holla Forums alive.

at a fa/tv/irgin, I can agree that same fagging with red text is the bread and butter of that board, especially since shit posting is the glue that holds every thread together. At least on Holla Forums, people can recognize shitposting and roll with it rather than make threads about "MODS THEY ARE POSTING THINGS IN MY SAFE SPACE PLEASE DELETE IT ALL REEEEEE".

I don't know, do you?

Holla Forums isn't slow enough to warrant samefagging, samefagging is never worth doing, only retards and autists samefag.

I never said Holla Forums was quality, I said it improved quality. We've gone from 'shit' to 'terrible', an imrpovement.

Then what is a storytime, hmm?

wew

We meet again, turboautist.

How are you this retarded?

How are you this retarded?

By watching jojo!

No, you are the one who watches jojo.

Indeed.

…I daresay that this thread gets more childish by the minute.

well we are posting jojo

Definitely in touch.

In response to a whiny, foolish, and persistent OP, at that.

Hmm. You got any reaction images from Part 2? I'm a bit dry on those.

Well, then do it
Make a 2000AD thread, storytime the latest prog, or a Hellboy thread, whatever

Thanks, all saved.

A little context to the first image: It was technically my first exposure to Jojo, found in auld /tg/'s Zeonquest. One of the characters was more or less Jolyne Kujo as a Zeon pilot.

This must be the perfect intersection of autism and reverse psychology.

Jojo should be on every board. Every. Last. One.

Agreed. OP on suicide watch?

How is this jojo general? All I see are a bunch of faggots with shit taste failing to justify why they need a general.

The nice thing about anonymous imageboards is that nobody has to justify anything to anybody.

go eat a booger.

/a/ is like the only board on chan sites that isn't mostly concerned about widespread cancer consuming their media and still have fun with their anime without shitposting about ecelebs, journalists or rustled gorillas on twitter

Oh, but I do enjoy quality shitposting. The operative word there being QUALITY. This is just cancerous.

Board quality is determined by how much participation the anons have with the subject matter. Holla Forums's relationship with comics and cartoons is passive consumption so with the exception of some of the generals where there's at least a few edit and drawfags Holla Forums has the worst board culture. QED

It's the worst because the drawthread is barren and anytime someone tries to start a project or get-together they often get told to go back to tumblr, cuckchan, reddit, etc. because one or two things is considered too problematic.

HOTHEAD LEAVE

breddy much. Plus, the board doesn't have that atmosphere of promoting creativity so any drawfag or writefag threads just plummet quickly, unlike threads where people bitch about comics being ass raped by some tumblrite.

By "creativity" you mean "autistic cancer". We don't want shit like that coco or channel-tan shit here like in cuckchan.

Better question:

When are we going to get the second season of One Punch Man?

Apparently ONE started producing another anime or something but I don't think that would interfere too much. If it does then it might be a hot minute before we see a second season.

Even better question: When's the next JoJolion chapter coming out?

Mob Psycho 100 is a gem, and I recommend it. The volume of One's work far exceeds the quantity of redrawn material, so even if he just stopped making OPM it wouldn't affect the anime schedule for several seasons.

Not soon enough, I can tell you that much.

But at least there's no more "x", right?

all me

I agree, anime should be discussed on /a/ and comics should be discussed on Holla Forums, it's two different sub mediums that have their designated shitting streets.

But no one (From what I've seen.) has directly gone on a chain and said "THIS IS NOW A JO JO CHAIN, POST JO JO IMAGES FAGS." unless some user insults Jojo or some shit, in which case, it's karma.

It's a monthly release, it should come out this week.

Does /a/utism even like Jojo?
Probably less than Holla Forums but what matters isn't whether or not they like it, it's whether it's anime or not, Jojo is anime made for the Japanese market even though it has western influences and a style distinctive of the moe shit, shonen, crap filled Japanese anime market.
So therefore: Jojo belongs on /a/ as horrible of a fate that may be.

I'm curious, user, what did you expect when you made this thread? Did you expect some mod to descend from on high as say
YOUR PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED THIS DAY, NOBLE SPERG.
Did you expect some huge outpouring of support?
Did you honestly expect anything beyond being made fun of for complaining about other peoples' discussions?

Jojo discussion should be aloud because anime is cartoons you fucking autist. Last I checked this board is Comics & Cartoons, not American Animation.

Since this is a meta thread, why do I see threads in the catalog that have been deleted? And why did the thread about animation production get deleted?

Anime and cartoons are two different things.

>Japanese CARTOONS and CARTOONS are two different things

Anime is just what the Japs call all animation. Anime is cartoons.

No, I said anime and cartoons are two different things. If the Japanese make a cartoon then it's a cartoon, but they aren't in the habit of making those.

Anime is a distinct form of Japanese animation that emerged in the 1960s. The Japanese don't seem to have a name for it but that doesn't mean we can't have one.

Cartoons are stuff like Mickey Mouse.

No, retard.

>Anime is Japanese hand-drawn or computer animation. The word is the abbreviated pronunciation of "animation" in Japanese, where this term references all animation.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anime

It's almost like OP wanted this.

I'm not talking about what the Japanese mean by the word, I'm talking about what this thing we call anime actually IS.

Is that you, Power Poster?

If we look at anime such as Sailor Moon and Fate/stay night, we can find numerous things they have in common, and we can trace to commonalities back to Astro Boy. Thus showing that anime is indeed a form of Japanese animation that emerged in the 1960s.

We can also trace story elements back to the greek playwrights of yesteryear. You're talking about the way it looks, not it's story.

Okay, then what about Panty and Stocking with Garter-belt? If anime is just a style, then PSG is a Holla Forums show now. And on the contrary, what about western shows with anime-esque styles? Avatar discussion now goes on /a/? You are retarded, anime is cartoons.

I'm talking about story, aesthetics, animation, production, commercialization and the format (Astro Boy was the first real TV animation in Japan).

Although PSG is an edge case that intentionally emulates American cartoons it was made within the anime industry and has numerous features to it particular to the anime industry. And even if we concluded that it is thoroughly a cartoon and not anime, what difference would that make?

They aren't anime.

How could they be the same thing when they have virtually nothing in common? Even if we're talking about American animation broadly, it's still profoundly different from anime.

Got it, so nothing in common between the one animated story telling medium and the same animated story telling medium only in Japanese. You cannot give one concrete example of the differences between anime and cartoons other than who made them, as nothing unites all so called anime stylistically or thematically, which is what would be necessary to call Anime a unique style or a genre.

I just got 5 random pictures off of /a/, tell me what unites all of them.

I've actually been telling people in my Holla Forums gaming circle to start posting anime on Holla Forums since it seems to booty bother you faggots so much.

So +4 shitposters I guess

You mean chapter 56 or 57?
If 56 then here is: bato.to/reader#8ae112d5a4060560

No dignity

These are some screenshots representative of the cartoon animation style.

The characters are mostly fully in the frame, standing parallel to each other and oriented sideways to the camera, which is itself generally oriented sideways towards the scene (i.e. the set/environment) and is at center height. This gives scenes a very flat look, as if the characters were standing on a very narrow stage and in front of a matte painting. The backgrounds look very simple and don't have a sense of depth and realism to them (in fact even in Disney's movies the backgrounds often have this feel to them even if they're otherwise higher quality). The character designs are either caricatures or anthromorphizations, and they have low detail and no shading.

Cartoons were in the first place essentially animated vaudeville, and focused on physical comedy, singing and dancing, and generally the "performances" of the characters. Fluid animation was also a priority. The design choices described above made sense for what cartoons were trying to do. They make less sense today, but they're still around because that's just how animation came to be made in America.

Anime is based on manga, a non-animated artform revolving around serialized dramatic storytelling that Osamu Tezuka developed by imitating the techniques of cinema. Anime was built around the limitations of TV production at the time (unlike cartoons which were developed as short films), and the distinct "limited animation" style of anime was the result. Anime favors the quality of drawings over their quantity, emphasizes realism, uses the full range of cinematic techniques for presentation and storytelling, and covers so many different genres and stories that not even live action TV can compete.

There are many other differences besides these.

You can almost always tell whether something is anime or something else. You can even tell in American productions animated in Japan that they were animated in Japan, just by looking at the animation. I recently saw the trailer for that Cannon Busters thing and thought it must have been animated in Japan, and sure it enough it was. The same also has happened when I've looked at shows from the 80s and 90s.

There are genres, story conventions and character archetypes etc. common to anime.

Does this mean I'm not allowed to talk about cartoons made before 2005?

Why would anything I said mean that?

Not , but every single example you posted is quite modern, and hardly representative of all of western animation.

They represent the cartoon animation style and that's exactly what I said they represent. I never said they represent all Western animation, since not all Western animation is cartoons or derived from them.

so are you suggesting that the things you posted are the only sort of thing to be discussed on Holla Forums? Do you want to talk about family guy, brickleberry, and uncle grandpa?

Where do you think I suggested such a thing?

because everything else isn't cartoons, according to you.

According to me not every animation is a cartoon. How does saying that mean I'm trying to curtail what animation can be discussed on Holla Forums?

What does this question mean?

car·toon-
a motion picture using animation techniques to photograph a sequence of drawings rather than real people or objects.

So all anime and western animation. Also, you still won't tell me what all the anime I have in share.

because anime is animation. according to you, we can't discuss anime because anime isn't cartoons, yes?

That definition isn't correct. Or rather, it's incomplete and misleading. A cartoon is an animated motion picture, yes, but that's not all it is.

Some common anime features include:

- animation techniques
- character design
- cinematic filmmaking
- high production values, at least relative to cartoons
- production model
- the media mix system
- Japanese language, culture, subculture, society, history
- certain genres, story conventions, character archetypes

Holla Forums can discuss anime for all I care, but evidently that's not what the board is for.

So this is not a board for discussing shows like Samurai Jack and Avatar: The Last Airbender, either? Based on your narrow definition of a cartoon, they certainly don't belong here either.

Why am I suddenly responsible for deciding what's allowed and what's not on Holla Forums? Go talk to the board owner. I have nothing to do with it.

>"I don't decide what's allowed, talk to the BO!"

Where did I do that?

I'm not saying you're responsible. I'm saying your definition of cartoons is unreasonably narrow for the purposes of this board.

I don't care about the purposes of this board.

Then why are you here?

Why wouldn't I be here?

What you're arguing is that I should base my definitions on what is most convinient for this board, which is insane.

You don't have anything to do with anything on Holla Forums. None of us do. Posting here is so fucking meaningless that I can't get why someone could even get upset. You have no power, user.

Finish the definition then, since you apparently know better than everyone else including the Japs on what is/isn't anime/cartoons.

I am convinced you didn't look at any of the pictures based on what you said was similar.
See pic. Kiniro Mosaic has the same animation style as the cartoons you mentioned before, Dragonball does not, yet both are on /a/.
Now I know you didn't look at the images, literally nothing is consistent throughout all five of the designs. Nothing. 1 is crude, 2 is cutesy, 3 is detailed, 4 is flat yet defined, 5 is more jagged.
Again, see this image, same shit you complained about in cartoons.
See Inferno Cop, or Ninja Slayer, or any other low budget anime
This has nothing to do with the cartoon itself. Ben 10 had a big media mix system and you wouldn't call that an anime.
Many of the examples put as cartoons come from Canada, so they are imbued with Canadian culture. That doesn't warrant separating the medium.
There are no Jap genres that could not be done in western animation, and no archetypes unique to Japan.

Where did I say I have "power"? I very clearly stated in that post that the matter has nothing to do with me and that you should to talk to the owner instead.

You say you're not interested in the purposes of this board. The point of this thread was to explicitly discuss the purpose of this board. Why comment when you're apparently so unconcerned with the topic at hand.

Whoops, thought you were OP.

See

No, anime is very different from American animation. American animation is based on the "full animation" style championed by Disney based on their 12 principles of animation. A different kind of style was developed for Astro Boy, designed for maximum savings in animation and being able to deal with the constraints of TV production.

There are consistencies even if we can't explain what they are. You just always know you're looking at manga/anime character design.

Kiniro Mosaic also uses a cinematic style, even if it's much more rudimentary than what you'd see in, say, Joker Game. What makes you think KM looks like a cartoon?

I am talking about the big picture here, not individual works. You people always bring out outliers and claim they invalidate everything. Inferno Cop and Ninja Slayer are so far outside the norm for anime that I don't know if they should even be called anime.

Things don't exist in a vacuum.

It's not any single element in isolation that makes something anime, but many different things in combination.

The media mix system exists in America, but not in the same way and to the same extent as in Japan.

You are again taking something out of context, and I don't see what this has to do with anime anyway. I said Japanese culture etc. is an element of anime; what aspects of Canadian culture exist in Canadian animation has nothing to do with that.

"Could be done" is very different from "is done."

I said I'm not going to base my definitions on what is most convinient for this board.

I'm not telling you to change your definition, but the definition referenced in the title of the board is clearly incongruous with your own. This is the beginning and end of our discussion of this subtopic as it relates to the primary topic of this thread.

I don't care. Not my problem.

Friendly reminder

This is why weebs think cuckime is superior to western cartoons.

There are a lot of reasons why it's better.

I've heard it cheers you up to watch it.
You GoT faggots wouldn't get a show unless someone is raped or violently murdered.

I've only see Jojo derail one thread and I come here way too often. That thread was some Power Girl autist's failed attempt to post images in a proper order while calling anime the worst thing ever. Whoever that was called it on himself. I've never seen Jojo derail another thread.

Minor amendment.

Your definition is also incongruous with reality and a basic google search.

So anime must be more similar to other anime in terms of animation, only that is not true. Tonkatsu DJ Agetarou is animated closer to the Peanuts than DBZ, and DBZ is animated closer to the thunder cats than Tonkatsu DJ Agetarou.

So you are saying the differences were real in your mind?

Because it is a piece of animation meant to tell a story, a cartoon.

Well everyone else and their creators call them anime, so if you are the only one defending your shitty definition, you are probably the wrong one.

But that is how we categorize them. If when observed objectively by itself, Tarzan is human. We ignore he was raised by Apes and lives in a jungle because that information is irrelevant to what he is in principal.

The media mix system for each individual anime is different, so who cares.

Outside cultural influence has nothing to do with the final product was my point, it shouldn't warrant a new medium name.

Want a western SoL? MLP
Want a western Magical Girls show? Winx Club
What other OC donnut steal genres are from Japan.

Not going to lie, this is kind of badass.

I don't care what basic Google searches have to say on the matter.

Thunder Cats seems to have been primarily animated by a Japanese studio, and I have the feeling you're confusing "animation" with something else here or just don't understand much about it.

American animation and anime animation are fundamentally different with fundamentally different origins and objectives.

I'm saying the differences exist even if we can't explain them.

That's not what cartoon means, and cartoons aren't about storytelling in the same sense that anime is.

The Japanese primarily use anime as shorthand for animation, i.e. all animation.

I brought up the media mix because it's a key element of anime.

I am talking about the system, not the specific way in which it's implemented for every individual anime.

Again, you are taking things out of context.

Those aren't equivalent to anime, and this isn't just about ticking boxes on a checklist. The magical girl genre for example is a major, well-established genre in anime, not just a one-off thing or something that appears occasionally. And despite its Western roots, it has developed into its own unique genre in Japan that some Western shows like Winx Club now imitate.

More broadly speaking, Western animation has barely a fraction of anime's scope when it comes to storytelling.

Look at the animated fights thread. A perfectly decent Holla Forums thread derailed and destroyed by weebcucks.

I just went there and I don't see any derailing and destruction.

Half the posts are cuckime and there was only one real post after they derailed it with their off topic bullshit.

We need a blanket ban or they will just keep pushing the line until this board has been destroyed.

Are you talking about some older thread?

Right there. Halfway through the thread it is derailed by shitposting /a/utists. One user tried to revive the thread but it is dead now because of cuckime spam.

You can't give these faggots a single foothold or they will destroy every thread. We need a blanket ban on all anime and manga on Holla Forums

I seriously have no idea what you're talking about.

It's not derailed. No one's stopping you from posting western animated fights. It's just that for the most part, only anime has that shit down.

Speaking as OP of that thread, I don't see any derailment. In fact, I'm pleased that my first responder used one of the better and more brutal fights from that series. I also like the discussion so far, and want to see more of it.

You know, someone mentioned Avatar fights, but didn't post any.

…Ah, and I know which one I can bring in there from poor memory.

OP, don't attempt to use my thread as ammunition for your crusade again, capisce?

Half the videos in that thread are anime.

And? I said I wanted animated fights done well.

So far, I'm getting them.

But those were anime, and we all know anime is garbage.

Give me good fights drawn by the hand of man computer assistance nonewithstanding, anons. Prove him wrong.

Denial is the first stage of grief.

Why are you so triggered?

Hmm? I just said denial is the first stage of grief.

ANIME IS TRASH

Now reply to me again, weeb. I dare you not to.

One man's trash is another's treasure…

Finally, someone gets it, anime is cartoons.

Oh, you are one of those, gotcha. Confusing the particulars of eastern and western animation with the principal of cartoons (or anime if you prefer, same shit). Nothing makes eastern animation intrinsically special except it has legions of autists like you pretending it is somehow superior. Have fun pretending words mean what you want them to mean, faggot.

Anger is the second stage. Are you going to bargain next?

One of who? People making factual statements?

There's a large assortment of things that makes it highly distinct from other forms of animation and, yes, special. The anime industry is an anomaly.

You're a fucking autist.

In the fact that it and its fans are both spectacularly retarded, yeah.

You're just upset because it has surpassed Western animation.

They're two sub mediums, very related but have designated places. IT's like two different races of a species.
You don't mix them.

Wrong again, most western animation is severely limited by its budget, and you can thank the "cartoons are for kids" mentality for that.

But even with that, we still get cartoons that put anime to shame. Vid related is from last year.

Plus, fucking COMICS. Manga doesn't even come close to them.

American shows actually have vastly higher budgets than anime, and it doesn't do you any good to say that the "cartoons for kids" mentality is to blame, because it doesn't do anything to alter the reality of things.

That doesn't do any such thing. It's not bad but it's also not anime. And even if it was on the same level… well, so what?

youtube.com/watch?v=rR1cMPnMcaY

I've heard this before a few times. From people whose knowledge of manga begins and ends with Dragon Ball Z or something.

I stated before the majority of the anime market is 99% fucking shit, full of unoriginal harem moe shit, MMO faggotry, and shonen's circlejerking each other.

Western animation isn't any better but I doubt the clogged toilet that is the Japanese market has "Surpassed." it.

Yeah, you got that right. Comics are so superior…

That's not even the best western animation I've seen, but for the sake of the argument let's call that one a draw since cartoons are not my area of expertise. My speciality would be comics.

So when it comes to the manga vs comics, I challenge you to find anything that even comes close to The Dark Knight Returns.

This is a meme. Everyone says this. Because everyone else says it too. Because it's a meme. You don't even know what you're talking about, as evidenced by a nonsensical concept like "harem moe anime." And complaining about "MMO faggotry" when there actually not very many such shows and all of them are very different from each other.

I'm afraid it has.

The manga Umimachi Diary was adapted into a movie that won and was nominated for the following:
imdb.com/title/tt3756788/awards

The manga itself was also critically very successful but you'd just dismiss that as bias or something.

I hear Boku no Pico is good.

You're failing to explain why it's better than one of the most respected comics of all time, if not THE most respected.

I had friends trying to explain to me that comics were better because each comic could have several artists and writers. I fail to see how would that make it inherently better when other mediums have seen fucking nice one men armies, like Pixel and his Cave Story.

But I have to disagree, the "cartoons are for kids" is a harmful mentality that needs to go. If you pay attention to most of the best Japanese animes, they are given the seinen qualification; they are for adults, and more often than not they try to be more original than the more formulaic shounen or shoujo animes. You could compare it to some of the more serious western comics such as The Sandman, they aren't made with merchandising and maximizing sales in mind and it shows.

But we don't have adult (I know The Simpsons, Family Guy and the likes are considered adult cartoons, but other than the tone of the jokes, not much varies between these and, say, Regular Show) cartoons in the west. We don't even have serious cartoons in the west, they are all comedies of variable qualities. Fuck, cartoons with overarching plots that don't rely on self contained episodes are pretty rare. These are all factors preventing cartoons from evolving, because we will never try anything new with them

Nigger have you seen anime? Most of the things I've seen in my and many others opinions. literal shit. Yes it's a meme, but it's a meme based off truth.

No, if anything they're on the same level. Yes Jojo and many others are MUCH better than any Western animation I've seen. But I still stand by my statement that it's less shit than the majority of Japanese animation.

Well, what anime have YOU seen? Stuff they air on TV? Holla Forumscore anime?

Okay, I challenge you this: what is the essential definition of anime and that of cartoons? What makes anime anime, not the particulars of what you call anime. To give an analogy, most horror movies have a female in them, that does not mean that horror movies by definition have a female in them. Just as your media mix and animation style are trends in anime, they are not what makes something anime. Just as lists trends in cartoons, these practices do not make cartoons (Motorcity has none of what you say in that post). Just tell me what you think the essential characteristic of each of these words that most people who know what they are talking about think are the same, so I can know where you are coming from.

That's not Maus.

I've seen a lot but for the sake of simplicity I'll state the best one's I've seen.
-Jojo.
-Tokyo Ghoul It's actually REALLY good. Just ignore the fandom.
-Fist Of The north Star.
-Cowboy bebop.
-Trigun.
-Paranoia Agent.
-Michiko and Hatchin.
-Darker Than Black.

I haven't read either of them, I'm just giving you an example of a critically acclaimed manga that was adapted into an even more critically acclaimed movie (e.g. Best Picture, Grand Prix nomination). Since your knowledge of manga seems to start and end with Dragon Ball Z or something.

Sure it's a harmful mentality, but I'm saying that pointing it out doesn't excuse anything. It's not going to unfuck American animation or anything like that. It is what it is.

Those are all just nominal target demographics for manga magazines. They barely mean anything at all, and don't even apply to original anime or light novel or visual novel adaptations.

I've seen hundreds of anime.

It isn't. You people have no clue what you're talking about.

Anime has superior character design, animation, cinematography/filmmaking, background art, music, sound design, voice acting, writing and variety.

I've already talked about this at length in several posts.

Maybe it isn't a cartoon then.

Those are fairly good in general except Tokyo Ghoul, what the fuck man. I fail to understand why you say anime is shit after posting what you just posted. I am not sure you could list as many good cartoons as those.

For most people it's not the aesthetic, story, influence, or even art.
It's for whether it's made for the Western or Japanese market.

A comic can be very VERY similar to anime but it'll still be for the American market.
And anime can be very very western but still be made for the Japanese market.

Again I've already posted at length about this. There are many, many differences between cartoons and anime, they're barely from the same planet.

There's already a board for Japanese animation, that's the only argument you need. Anything more just invites pointless debates and shitposting.

Ignore the anime and the fandom, and it's really good.

It's dark, has good relationships, it has great characters, the art is AMAZING

Seriously dude get into it, I highly recommend it.

The demographics still apply after an adaptation, why would you think otherwise? They are not something clear cut, but they have distinct tastes and themes. It's not just marketing, format and/or publication. Fuck, some original anime (not based in manga) still get a demographic classification.

They're meaningless labels and people people who obsess over them have questionable intelligence.

No you haven't, you have talked about the particulars of the western and eastern animation industries at the moment which could change tomorrow, no essential characteristics.

You on the other hand have actually given a concrete explanation to the differences that all cartoons differ from all anime. While i disagree that different target audience could make something different enough to make a new medium, you could actually make an argument, unlike the autist who thinks he knows better than everyone.

Well okay if you think anime is better, that's you're opinion. It's great you believe that.

Just do me a favor and try to find a source that shows the majority of the anime market isn't full of all the stuff I said. Find some market record of best selling manga and see how much of what I've said is there.

I know there are certain differences, which is why I compared them to being two races of a species. Both are animation but have a lot of differences.

Agreed.

Maybe the manga is better, but my first contact with the anime was through a friend of mine. I spiritually puked the moment he told me about the plot.

Sounds so braindead I would expect shit like this from a shit fanfic, to be honest. I can dig the manga's art, tho, maybe I will start reading it only for that.

Well, fuck you too man.

What are these "essential characteristics" that are guaranteed to remain the same even a thousand years from now no matter what happens?

The American and Japanese animation industries are both living entities and are always changing, even if only a little. However, the basic properties of American animation were established in the early 20th century and the basic properties of anime were established in the 1960s.

Except it's wrong.

I've made plenty of arguments, you just don't want to read them.

What, a "source" that specifically refutes the specific claims you just made? Are you stupid? How about you prove that the market is the way you claim it is, since you're the one who made the claim in the first place?

Your friend completely fucked up on explaining it, like I said
STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM THE FANDOM

It would be too long to try and explain the first part so I'm not going to. I really recommend reading it though.

Because I'm a lazy stubborn faggot. If you don't want to believe it, don't, if you wanna debunk me because it'll make you happy in life then look it up and debunk me and show everyone I'm a fucking idiot.

To be perfectly honest that advice could be pratical from any comic/show/vidya you'll like.

Buuuuuut if we're recommending Manga, Shamo is really, really good. A boy who is sent to prison after killing his parents, gets abused, learns Karate and kicks ass.

Then he's release and it goes downhill for everyone else.

Yes, actually. What is the characteristic at the essence of anime that is eternal and unchanging? Name a characteristic that, if present, makes something anime and, if absent, makes it not anime. same with cartoons. Analogy, a cup is defined by its cupness (ability to hold and pour water easily), what is animeness, and while your at it, what is cartoonness?

Again, you have many arguments about the existing state of what is anime and what is cartoon, not the core essence of the two.

So just read until he get's out of Jail, then in head canon believe he died?

Country of precedence. Is it Japanese? Is it a drawn animation? Yes? Then it's anime.

"Harem moe shit" is nonsensical, and there have only been a handful of "MMO" shows and you're just stereotyping them based on some meme because you've never actually watched them.

There is no such characteristic because there is no one single characteristic that defines anime. I've already talked about this but I guess you'll just keep pretending I haven't.

No. Anime can be traced back to Astro Boy, and not all animation produced in Japan today is anime either.

Well….you're not too far off the mark actually.

Honesty, I kind of consider it a shounen manga except the protagonist is the antagonist . It's hilarious, he goes against other heroic types, the ones which would be the main character in less cynical works, The one doing it for family, the one who's in it for fun, the pure good nature type that is the champion.

And in contrast, here's our guy, a short fucker who can hardly keep muscle on and does his very best to cheat andwin.

Tonkatsu DJ is Japanese animation, but it is completely unlike any anime in both style and writing, way more reminiscent of western cartoons.

Are you the same guy who from the other posts?
If you are I already said you can believe whatever you want, and if you genuinely want to show everyone I'm an idiot show sufficient evidence debunking my claim if not then stop bugging me.

Sounds retarded.

Harem and moe are two different genres (if moe can even be called one), and the only "MMO" shows that have come out recently that I can recall are Re:Zero, Gate, KonoSuba, Grimgar and Overlord. There are somewhere between 35-55 full length shows in a single season and seasons change every three months.

It's not. Half the fun is watching how things goes worse and worse for everyone.

The other half is watching the hypocrisy of everyone

I have to disagree, because that would warrant splitting all animation into categories based on country of origin, which just isn't that relevant, but at least you gave an answer.

So you admit there is no concrete standard for what is and is not anime then, but rather you know it when you see it. That is pretty convenient user, because that means you win the argument already by claiming to be the ultimate authority! I am amazed at your argumentative skills. I guess I'll just crawl to you and ask whether something is or isn't anime every time I need to know.

Did you even read what I just said? I said that there is not a SINGLE trait that defines anime, but MANY.

Harem, moe. and slice of life are all one large genre for me even though, yes they are different.

Yes but you'd be surprised the large amount of MMO light novels and their anime adaptions.

Why should anyone care about a story where the protagonist is a rapist?

This flood of "MMO" anime that some people claim exists does not in fact actually exist, and KonoSuba, Grimgar, Re:Zero and Overlord at least are all good shows. Re:Zero is in fact one of the most hype shows on the air now.

youtube.com/watch?v=_vzlO4yvHVk

That's because you are trying to put your definition of anime over my definition of anime.

You are essentially arguing that there is no real definition for anime, but at the same time, you already have in mind a definition of anime that is truer than the rest. Isn't that contradictory?

Look, I understand what everybody is trying to get at. Anime does have a distinct feel in general, but trying to define it with clear guidelines would be impossible; cartoons like Avatar are essentially animes in this sense, but people don't consider them animes because they are not Japanese.

You can't have both "anime is a style/animation philosophy" and at the same time reject anything that's anime but made in the west. It's easier to define the earlier, but the latter is also valid unless you are the purist objectivist user from here. Having both is kind of contradictory.

But not a SINGLE trait you listed is present in all anime.
Some have unorthodox animation techniques
Some have unique character design
Some lack cinematic filmmaking
Some have low production values, at least relative to cartoons
Some have a unique production model
Some lack the media mix system
Some have no Japanese language, culture, subculture, society, history
Some are not part certain genres, story conventions, character archetypes
Because none of these are universal in anime, none an be considered part of the definition or essence of anime. Instead you have said that enough (how much is enough) of these factors will make it considered an anime, which means anime is not a state of being that anyone else but you can decide on since you won't share the essential characteristics in your mind.

This

BAN ALL WEEBCUCKS

Like I said, watching the hypocrisy of others is half the fun. Besides, you'll make it sounds like he doesn't get his comeuppance.

MMO light novels are a social construct.

GAS EVERYONE WHO TALKS OR POSTS ABOUT ANYTHING OTHER THAN COMCIS OR CARTOONS

I'm simply looking at it logically by examining the features that anime works have in common and then tracing them back to their origins.

What?

There's nothing impossible about it.

I'm not aware of any anime that has been made in the West.

I never said that every single one of them necessarily has to be present, let alone in exactly the same way. And if something doesn't meet enough criteria to be anime then it just isn't anime. Not all Japanese animation is anime.

That is not very likely seeing as how they're made by Japanese people.

They're all typical, representative features of anime. That's why I listed them.

Don't try to lie about what I said:

Guys, just do what I do. Every time you see a weebcuck post report it. If we keep spamming the janitors eventually they will give in or quit. If they give in they will outright ban anime. If they don't we can keep pushing and pushing until they get sick of this shit and quit. Then once the board is abandoned us real comic and cartoon fans can take back the board and ban cuckime forever.

Then what is necessary?

And what are those features? they aren't the ones I said because:
They are just typical features an anime may or may not incidentally have, as you claim, not criteria on whether or not to call something anime.

There is nothing stopping them from making a silent anime, or making an anime that comes out in English first (like Space Dandy). In addition, some take a more abstract and fictional setting, or base culture off of non Jap culture (LotG wasn't very Japanese).

I've already answered this.

There's nothing incidental about it. They are typical, representative features of anime.

None of these things matter. They're still made by Japanese people.

All I see is an Adventure Time general.

You haven't because:
Typical means incidental you fuck. All typical, nothing definitive. You wont give a definitive feature of anime because there is none. Anime is cartoons.

That actually does matter if you are claiming Jap culture and language is a major piece of anime. I was just showing examples of anime not containing those features to show that they also were incidental, not definitive, characteristics of anime.

Translation: help me, I am having a stroke

I have. It's time to stop lying.

Uh huh.

I already told you very clearly, in no uncertain terms, that there does not exist a SINGLE feature that defines anime.

I've already explained at length that this is completely wrong.

Do you really think that because Cowboy Bebop is not set in Japan and doesn't involve Japanese characters that the language, history, culture and society of the creators had no effect on the work? Cowboy Bebop is the product of Japanese people. It makes no difference that the setting and characters are not Japanese.

By your shit logic we should have separate boards for French, German, Canadian, etc cartoons than for American ones.

Anime is the largest and most unusual animation industry in the world. It's a system and a culture. It's perfectly justifiable that it has its own name and is considered separate from other animation.

If you want French animation to be its own thing like anime then go do something about it.

You're making some pretty big assumptions there, weeb.

Stop lying to yourself and admit you watch cartoons, you nerd.

Got it, is anime is not a state of being, but rather a spectrum, a spectrum many cartoons fall onto.

…by creating your own definitions and creating you own standards for an industry you aren't involved in in any role other than consumer.

I never mentioned Cowboy Bebop, faggot, I just an anime can be done without reliance on Jap culture.

Shut the fuck up faggot. You know what he's saying and you're reaching pretty fucking far to justify anime being allowed here. I'm sorry to tell you this, but it will NEVER happen. Your presence in that general is barely tolerated as it is, but since someone made a thread asking the mods to make you fuck off that's gotten 250+ replies I'd say you're in dangerous territory.

I don't use the general, sperg. Delete it for all I care. I was just trying to tell the autist that anime is just cartoons in Japan, and he shouldn't feel like they are some intrinsically different mediums.

Most of these 250 replies are people laughing at your ass, faggot. No one cares if someone brings up anime. Even outside the Jojo general, we've had plenty of DBZ threads.

You say that like there's something shameful about watching cartoons and admitting to doing so. Which just goes to show (for the thousandth time) that cartoon does not simply mean the same thing as animation. It has a different meaning.

Anyway, I've already shown that cartoons and anime are two different things.

There are a number of features that anime have in common. Sometimes some of those features may be missing, or exist in an unusual way. At some point something just isn't anime anymore. It's impossible to draw absolute, precisely defined boundaries between anime and not anime. It's also unnecessary 99,99% of the time because virtually all the Japanese animation we watch is anime.

Cartoons however cannot be anime. If they were, then they wouldn't be cartoons anymore.

It makes no difference that I'm not involved with the industry.

That's not the point and you know perfectly well that it isn't.

The creators are Japanese. Everything they do is influenced by the fact that they are Japanese.

Whatever you say, o brave keyboard warrior.

Your general will be gone one way or another.

You can be banned wheras I cannot.

No, I claimed you were a nerd, nerd. You have been arguing on the internet for a number of hours about the labels you give animation, when, according to the definition, can all just be called cartoons.

So yes, it is a spectrum in your mind, and Ben 10, which is a cartoon, falls on it for having a media mix, one of your criteria, invalidating the statement:

I know that wasn't the point, I just thought you refuting a point i didn't make was silly.

You can be influenced by other things, like your common human experience or your own personal life. Therefore, not every anime is going to be dripping in Japaneseness.

How is derailing real thing hahahaha. Like just hide the general and filter the jojo posters hahaha.

You think you're the only jackass with a VPN around here?

You said:
If there isn't anything shameful about watching cartoons, why would anyone have issues with "admitting" they watch them?

So have you. This is not an argument.

As has been demonstrated already, anime and cartoons are not the same thing.

These are not the same thing no matter how much you wish (for whatever reason) that they were:

youtube.com/watch?v=pAcXt-NOb1U
youtube.com/watch?v=tVi_fs2oz3E

It's not a spectrum, and as I've said many times now: anime is not defined by a SINGLE feature, but MANY features.

Why would you say if you know that wasn't the point? It obviously doesn't matter which specific anime is being used as the example.

Nobody said otherwise. But the creators are Japanese and their works are influenced by the fact that they're Japanese.

No, I don't.

What I'm saying is that when I shit up your thread, the mods won't ban me because you're not allowed here anyway. I am essentially allowed to do whatever I want to you and you can't stop me because you'll get banned if you in any way try to retaliate.

See, this is how I know you're some newfag, other than bitching so much about something iconic about the board.
You think that we'll actually get banned. The mods don't do shit. They barely even delete posts, and when they do, it's when it's straight-up spam. I don't think I've ever seen them actually ban someone. Much less Jojo posters.

I made a thread asking the mods to ban you.

If they don't, I will take it upon myself to wage a holy war on your thread and remove you from the board.

REMOVE CASUAL

I never actually use that thread, I just Jojopost to piss you retards off.

Though hilariously enough, I have a feeling that the mods are more likely to ban your whiny newfag ass.

Anime will never be allowed here.

Manga will never be allowed here.

Cry more.

No idea, but getting you to admit the anime you watch is cartoons is like pulling teeth.

Never claimed I wasn't a nerd, nerd.

By your own definition no one else shares.

I don't wish they were the same, they just are. Your two examples prove only that you have some decent taste in spite of your retardation. There are hundreds of anime that are nothing like Madoka, and 100s of cartoons that don't look like Bugs Bunny. The differences between the two cartoons could be indicative of 7 decades and totally different genres rather than anime v. cartoons.

If there is, as you said, no definitive line, then it must be a spectrum. There must be degrees of anime. There must be at least one example that straddles the line between anime and non anime, and the presence of many features means that having even just one of these features makes you at least a little animey.

So they are subconsciously affected by there culture, that doesn't warrant the classification of a new type of medium.

You seem upset

I think you're the one who's upset here, pal.

You're the one grasping at straws so you can believe you're actually wanted here. We HATE you.

A minor schism, brother, pay it no mind.

Who's "we," paleface?

Sure they are, you can find some right at the Jojo general

Nigger there have been Jojo threads for months, you are one of the first to bitch about it

You sound upset, weebs. Why don't you run along back to /a/ where you belong?

wow what a fucking hypocrite stop derailing this thread with bone crack show why dont you head over to bone crack general bone boy

That's from Arrow, genius.

This is Holla Forums not Holla Forums take your idiotic shows where they belong.
>>>Holla Forums

Comics from a different country don't belong on the board for comics but a live action show does?

Comic book adaptations should obviously be discussed here, are you telling me you're not gonna talk about the ghost in the shell movie on /a/?

This reminds me of that guy who kept posting that pic of Lex Luther with an expression of disgust while he complained about "cartoonshit"
That and those fuckers who kept saying that Holla Forums should be divided into 2 boards

But anime should obviously not be allowed here, it's completely different.

It's never been allowed here.

Thus, OP sped up board post rates while making his case look stupid. A win-win situation, I'd say.

casuals, everyone

This. You're giving cross-board shitposters a safe haven in the name of some misguided principle or policy.

The JoJo general has been up for over a YEAR at this point. How the fuck is that equivalent to "never"? Seems to me that you're grasping at straws newfag summer-kun.

I'm glad you think souless television cash ins belong on this board, but actual comics don't just because they're made in a different country.

user what are you even talking about. Nobody one here, and from the look of it your thread is gonna be spammed to death

And you sound like a complete faggot

Why would they, it has Anjolina Jewlie playing the main character

You fucking what, the first two seasons were great, it's only recently fallen into disrepair.

The Flash and Legends have been amazing as well.

Pardon?

Go back to Holla Forums.

Expand your horizons, Holla Forums

Are you secretly from /a/, user?

I think he might be from /a/ personally. There's no way a Holla Forums user whose been here longer than five seconds would be this buttmad at the JoJo Cuckventure Time general.

You'd call it manga if you could, but that's not allowed here. You're trying to get the mods to let you post weebshit as though it will make a difference. I've seen this "this is now a jojo thread" shit too many times, and you know what? It's pretty much the same as "this is now a pony thread". You're just as cancerous as bronies, if not more.

Oh OP, I could kiss you if I wasn't so afraid of catching the gay from you. As a shitposter, it's cows like you that keep me coming back to get that sweet, sweet milk. The moment someone posts an anime reaction image, uses a tumblr file name, or calls super-heroes "capeshit", spergs like you pop out and spill your autism all over the good furniture.

You seem to be under the impression that there's some grand scheme to try and flood this board with anime. I don't even go to /a/, I just post it because it makes you flip your shit. The moment mods crack down on anime, I'll start posting how comics are dead and will never be as good as video games/Kino/Neutral Milk Hotel albums etc etc etc.

I actually like comics (mostly old horror books like Eerie/Creepy and adventure stuff like Xenozoic Tales. I hate most capeshit), but it's much more entertaining to shitpost, because you faggots always take the bait.

But this is actually true

I don't know why you're pretending to be some kind of ebin b8master when all you're doing is basically pic related.

Sure you don't.

Aren't /a/'s mods actually worth a damn, too? Makes perfect sense he'd be claiming we're all going to get banned.

Now I agree with all except that last bit. It's popular among the assholes making comics worse in the industry.

When this thread hits dies, I will make another. I will cause such a shitstorm that the mods themselves will call you an infestation and the posters here will get upset with "Cancer General".

When we get to the third or fourth thread like this I doubt anyone will be able to take it.

And you're gonna help me do it, too. You can't stop replying. None of you can.

that should be "hits the reply limit/dies"

I'm not pretending to be an ebin b8master. I'm plainly telling you why shitposters are attracted to this place.

You mean this thread? It's pretty fucking cancerous tbh smdh fam.

It's pretty much just because our mods don't do shit.

So you're literally trying to be this guy. I'm sure that will work out just the way you want.

Pathetic

You are aware you can create new boards, right? So then why don't you stop being such an autistic baby and create a new Holla Forums where you rule it with an iron fist. If the majority of people are unsatisfied with this place and sick of /a/ posting, then they'll follow you to the new one.

Be the change you want to see, faggot.

Holy shit user, stop being retarded. /a/ content is already against the rules, I just want the mods to actually enforce it.

You and I both know creating new boards barely ever works.

reported for admitting to trying to shit up the board.

reported for actually shitting up the board

Sure, most of them fail, but you never know until you try. There's a better chance of creating the Holla Forums that you want, than the mods enforcing shit.

A board that only gets advertised here and has threads telling people about it that get deleted instantly couldn't possibly succeed.

I am not the one making threads about banning what I dont like. Also, how do you even know if I post jojo, nigger
I am trying to bump the moana and the storytime threads to stop retards like you from shitting this place even more. So shut the fuck up.

Now I know you are not a regular here. Pretty much nothing gets deleted here and if it does it is because it dropped down the catalog and nobody bothered to respond to it, so it gets purged.

Well then enjoy being surrounded by anime, faggot.

What the fuck is even going on in this thread anymore.
It started off with some guy pissed at Jojo, then people started arguing about what "Anime." is, now I don't even know, what the fuck is happening.

It's bait central, right it's a feeding frenzy! Come join us user it's fun!

There's too much bait though, you can't tell what's what. It's no fun.

You have to be the most idiotic motherfucker I've seen in years

You're the one who said it so shouldn't you have some idea?

Why would I admit something that is obviously, blatantly and demonstrably untrue?

If you have no issue with arguing about something for several hours, why are you complaining about it then?

It's a logically sound definition regardless of whether or not people here believe in it.

Try explaining what makes them the same. This should be amusing.

They all share numerous similar features that make them part of the same form of animation. And it's strange that on one hand you insist that two animations as radically different as Madoka and Bugs Bunny are exactly the same while on the other hand insisting that there are hundreds of anime that are nothing like Madoka.

It's not a spectrum.

You are ONCE AGAIN taking things out of context and insisting that anime is defined by a single feature, whatever that single feature happens to be at any given moment. You've been doing this over and over again for no discernible reason.

And now there's faggots trying to start shit in other threads by mentioning Jojo. Wouldn't be surprised if it was OP trying to make people hate it.

Okay listen, forget all the tangents, here are the two main points you have yet to address:

1. Your definitions are wrong
I shouldn't have to explain this, but language works in that all speakers of the language agree on the definitions of words in order to make communication possible, and this is especially true in languages like English which lack a governing body. Because of this, you cannot go making up new definitions for words unless you can convince enough others to use said words. Instead of providing an expert or pointing to a large group of people that use your definitions for cartoons and anime, you keep (vaguely) restating your definitions. Cartoon in the minds of most people is all animation (in fact even some non animated things, such as in a political cartoon), not just the ultra specific style you mentioned earlier. Anime, a Japanese word, is accepted in its own language as all animation. Now you could claim that that anime in English means all animation from Japan, since enough people accept that definition (see /a/), but you are not. You are making up your own definition, which renders language useless. Until you can give a source for the definitions you are using and their use, you have no leg to stand on.

2. Your definition is contradictory within itself, even if we forget it is wrong
Two items have been given in your definition of anime:
The first claim implies that there is a spectrum of some sort. Think of it like this: if have two animated features, one had no features on the list you provided for anime, and the second had one feature, we could say the second animated feature is more animey than the first, even though neither could be considered an anime proper. The same could be said if one anime had all but one feature present and the second hat all features preset, the second would be more animey than the first, even though both are animes, according to your definition. The fact that the number and degree of anime features could differ among animes means anime is on a spectrum, much like you. In fact autism works the same way, you can be more or less autistic depending on the number and intensity of the symptoms you experience, and since you just gave me "symptoms" of anime and not any required parts of anime, I can only assume anime is on a spectrum. In fact, the fact that you claimed there are grey area cases like PSG and Inferno Cop means there must be a spectrum where animated features could be considered borderline anime, and borderline implies anime is not a binary yes/no state, or else no anime would be any less or more anime than any other. You need to throw away either the first statement and provide a concrete feature present in ALL animes that defines animes as a whole, or throw away the second statement and admit that your (wrong) definition puts anime on a spectrum.

My definition is based on logical reasoning, history and observing how people use the word. I don't care what a dictionary says or how you feel about things.

This is not true.

Based on logical reasoning.

M-muh source.

You people would believe that up is down and night is day if Wikipedia said so. You have no capacity for anything except blind obedience to anything that seems like an authority, and you never stop to think about what that authority actually is and where their views come from (hint: they are just people like anyone else, not gods).

It is not a spectrum.

Then you have no definition.

So you admit you are making words up. Language doesn't work that way.

But it is.

Never said Wikipedia, just evidence of your definition being used outside your own head, because I have never heard it. If you have no proof, you are wrong, that is it, because language, unlike most things, IS decided by the masses, like it or not. you cannot say "This my OC word/definition" others have to use it for it to be useful. Everyone having their own definitions is how words lose meaning (like "freedom" everyone thinks it means something different).

I do.

There's no reason why I can't redefine something if I have justification for doing so.

But it isn't. If it was, then we would not see such stark differences in how the word is used in the Wikipedia articles for Ghibli, Disney, American animation, anime, comics and manga. If it was, then people wouldn't constantly keep arguing something like "you just don't want to admit you watch cartoons!" and "you just don't want to call anime cartoons because you think it's something more mature than it really is!" If it was, anti-anime activists would not go out of their way to make sure to call anime "children's cartoons." If it was, we would not be talking about this right now.

I can and I just did.

Okay, this isn't going anywhere, you don't have a grasp on how language works. I guess you re right in your own mind. Nobody is wrong, but nobody is right, because we all have our own languages in our head now.

For the record, I never called anime children's cartoons, and I watch to much of it to be called an anti-anime activist (whatever the fuck that is), I was just commenting on the widely accepted definitions of the words, and pointing out that the only real difference is the country each word is used in, but there is no convincing you. Keep believing whatever and enjoy yourself.

I don't care about your ideas on "how language works." It can be logically shown that the dictionary definition of cartoon that people parade around is not valid, and it's perfectly reasonable to argue that "anime" should refer to certain Japanese animation rather than all of it.