Krita

i haven't used Krita in a while, wow its become so easy to use and not nearly as clunky as before. now i can make memes at a mile a minute

Krita is also available as an Appimage nowadays too. there are no excuses, its time to meme it up

heres Krita's website if you're retarded and can't find it: krita.org/

GIMPs and Photoshop street shitters need not apply

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.krita.org/Main_Page
twitter.com/AnonBabble

literally what can this do that gimp cannot?

cmyk

Actual animation, effects as non-destructive layers, transformations as non-destructive layers, significantly better brushes to the point where comparison is meaningless, view and draw in wrap more where the canvas is like a repeating texture, and draw in various modes of mirroring.

What digitizer tablet do you have, OP?

I'd use it if it weren't for that, honest.

Is "can't draw worth a damn" acceptable? I would like to though, are there any decent starting points?

Use the appimg. At 70MB it probably doesn't have room for KDE. Even if it does at least it's stuffed into one blob not spread all over your PC.

Only one appimg for i386 and it dies. Fug.

none

be usable by normal human beings

i am shit at drawing but i can make stuff pretty fast with krita compared to ye olde GIMP days and older versions of Krita. i dunno where you'd start with drawing, find a book or something. theres documentation for Krita though, check it out i guess: docs.krita.org/Main_Page

fuck it i'll just go to 16chan

Quit bitching, at least it doesn't pull in qtwebkit any more.

GIMP is for editing, Krita is for drawing.

>>>/loomis/ my friend.

you know Krita sucks at animation. It's not animation software.

what is GEGL?

according to whom. I can load arbitrary brushes into GIMP

useless gimmick. A GIMP plugin could achieve that in an eyeblink, so that's not a selling point.

Krita is good for bloating your desktop with KDE dependencies and slowing the CPU to a crawl.

Why is everyone saying this POS is better than gimp?
I need an image manipulation program that
boots up reasonably fast and does not hog all my system resources.
I don't need a program to draw furshit.
Take your shitty fursona drawshit and yiff in hell.

This is now a Kiki thread

I can tell you've never done frame by frame animation before in your life.

I don't know, why don't you tell me about it.

I'm not talking about default brushes, I'm talking about the brush system. If you think GIMP even comes close to Krita's brushes then you definitely have no clue what the fuck you're talking about.

I can also tell that you're not an artist.

If you need a plugin, it's not a selling point of your software either. Plugins can become outdated, require you to find them, and require you to know about them in the first place.

vaporware

Shitty lineart and retardedly heavy.

Clipstudio Paint Ex loads in 2-4 seconds, Krita takes about a minute.

Krita loads in 5 seconds here, 12 with cold hard disk cache. Get a less shitty OS.

wat

What more do you need for lineart?

even worse

Well, I could excuse this if it's used for a job where you need Adobe licensing for some reason

Can Krita do all the technical stuff GIMP can do?
I tend to do technical image processing of pictures from various space missions.

I'm seriously considering just doing most things in scientific python. I'm getting sick of dicking around in GIMP, FIJI, and ISIS. Yes, the government calls their image processing software ISIS. As if there was any doubt of their occult dealings.

Define "technical image processing". You're using a program that can only handle 8bpc to edit scientific data?