Wire Messenger Going Fully Open Source

https:[email protected]/* *//you-can-now-build-your-own-wire-client-ea9ed9214e26#.slgodgbus

Thoughts on this, Holla Forums? I've been watching this client for a while, and was turned off by its once closed nature.

Other urls found in this thread:

cs.au.dk/~jakjak/master-thesis.pdf
archive.is/mlZuu
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is this p2p or are the servers open source too?

Not sure. I've been wondering the same thing, but it isn't specified. They do mention they can't see or store messages, but I'm not sure what it can imply

Not p2p, server is proprietary

I wonder though, if Signal is structured the same way. Unfortunate that there's no way around it.

What's the point then? This is literally the same as Whatsapp's client being open source and it's still not safe to use.

I wonder what's going on there if they can't open source the servers too

Worthless. Use Matrix, XMPP or Tox.

use telnet faggot

use telegram faggot

Right? Especially considering that one of the creators co-founded Skype, which was originally P2P. What's stopping him now?

so every web app is fully open source if you use firefox? no need for AGPL to exist

Whatsapp's client isn't open source. It would matter a lot if it was, because their security system is actually decent and stops them from secretly reading messages if it's implemented correctly. The problem is that you can't verify that.

Telegram had several attacks*. They are also incredibly fishy wrt crypto practise. Concerns were brushed away with "don't worry we have math people" (even though said people didn't even specialize in cryptography) and "hurr durr win our contest then and get $200k" (the contest was a plaintext-only attack, which can be almost impossible even for completely broken systems). The developers are either malicious or grossly incompetent. Which one it is shouldn't matter to you.

* cs.au.dk/~jakjak/master-thesis.pdf

I don't know if your post was an ironic shitpost but I see enough people who unironically recommend Telegram.

Telegrams. Not some faglord's app named telegram.

I don't know how this service works, but if the clients are designed properly, you won't need to trust the server, so it doesn't matter what they run as long as they deliver the messages.

wew
Freetards BTFO again.

You've already lost the argument

archive.is/mlZuu

What kind of rock have you been living under?

the "open sauce" meme strikes again.
thank you Eric Raymond for derailing the conversation with buzzwords; the NSA will be proud to wiretap those Whatsapp, Telegram, iMessages, and now Wire, servers.

Fuck off normalfag.

better normal than subhuman :^)

The only subhumans here are the ones making shit non-technology threads then bitching like a 5 year old when they get saged.