This is my lucky coin, a Sacagawea dollar from the year 2000

This is my lucky coin, a Sacagawea dollar from the year 2000.
Unfortunately one side is stained with dark green crap and neither side is too shiny. How can I make it shiny and new? I've heard you leave it all night in Coca-Cola but maybe that was some troll information.

it doesnt really work, it just corodes everything but mainly calcium so you will get rid of the schmutz but also the detailing if youre not careful
Youre better off cleaning and rubbing it a little with more corrosive substances or getting it cleaned by a pro if youre serious about keeping it in good condition

Thanks.
I don't think I'll take it to a pro, but I'll avoid the Coca-Cola solution. You sound like you know your stuff.
I'll just use cotton, polish, my fingers and patience.

A wipe with vinegar can sometimes get rid of the green (copper deposit) if you don't want to spend money on your money.

Who is on that coin? I thought it was a Mexican chick and her anchor baby.
Don't do anything to the coin. Coin people HATE it when people clean coins. It rubs off all the tiny little details. Just go up to the bank and buy a few. They sell them for a buck a piece.
But if it has to be that particular coin, distilled water and a little dish soap will be fine. Just put it in a mild mixture and rub the coin with your thumbs, starting from the center working outward. Then rinse it with distilled water and badda bing. Shiny coin. Make sure you wash your hands first.

Sacagawea. She was a slave Indian chick who got bought by a French man and they made a baby and then she was employed by Louis and Clark. She was brave enough to dive when their boat went under and she saved their documents and diaries and maps. Of not for her, the whole expedition would be a legend now.
In fact it'd be a spooky legend about a failed expedition because there's no way they would have made it without her.
What? Coin people?
I know coin collecting is hobby, but I didn't know they were called "coin people", or that they were serious enough to hate. I figured they were called Coinies and were very tolerant.
I live in Chile, I don't think banks around here have these. They have regular dollars. I've never even seen a $2. Besides I only like this one.

coin people are like bill people only small,racist, and have love of dirt.

Beware the Coin People!

Vinegar works for me.

use the acids of your piss

Coin people. They're cute when they're little, that's how they getcha.

she looks like she's 5cents short of a dollar

Ha, puns…
Wait, is that a pun? I mean, by definition.

The pun, also called paronomasia, is a form of word play that suggests two or more meanings, by exploiting multiple meanings of words, or of similar-sounding words, for an intended humorous or rhetorical effect.

Is that child getting their photo taken under duress? Like is he in a Halloween related ISIS video?

He's sad because he knows he's becoming worthless.

I need to get myself some dollarcoins.

Dubs confirm the punnings

Also if you want to sell reddit accounts with karma on them make sure you get first comment as a pun. Then you're in dollar town.

Reddit really love puns about horses, where relevant. They're addicted to them. They're like Mr Hands but with horse puns instead of horse cocks.

What?