Who do you use for VPS hosting, Holla Forums? What do you use it for?

Who do you use for VPS hosting, Holla Forums? What do you use it for?

Other urls found in this thread:

news.ycombinator.com/item?id=5667027
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why

On My VPS Servers I Run Several 1337 Haxx0r Programms I Programmed In RUST To Spread The Wisdom Of Feminism Across The World, Basically They're A Combination Of Adware And Trojans Needing Only An IP To Infiltrate An OS Thus Changing All Ads/Youtube Recommendation/Google Results To Otherkin And Minority Safe Spaces (Don't Worry I Didnt Forget About You Fellow Attack Helicopters). I Use Hostgator With Server Location In The US As A Host Because They Are Very Privacy Endorsing And Would Never Ever Rat Me Out To The NSA.

Really I'm using some lithuanian cheap but performant host to work on some personal learning projects.

currently only a weechat instance for IRC

Gestiondbi
One is for telegram bots and the other is a website tbh. Only 8 dollars a month, it's nothing.

I'm running a client off namecheap shared hosting.

I have a friends site running off a Joyent SmartOS container.

My company uses a Vultr vps running OpenBSD, that handles my website + email.

Elastic Hosts handles another clients remote desktop services.

I faff about with Digital Ocean for docker bullshit.

I have some basically dead testing sites with Nearly Free Speech.

I should really consolidate, somehow you just end up with accounts everywhere over the years.

I was going to completely move to Joyent Containers but their recent takeover by Samsung has left me with cold feet.

Any suggestions?

Cloudatcost is really cheap.
Pretty much one time payment and its yours for life.
Its a bit slow and shitty but enough to run some small websites.

Digital ocean

Cockbox

It was originally going to be for a website/personal e-mail address, but I haven't been assed to set it up yet. So far I've only used it to pirate Chinese cartoons.

Every cheap VPS eventually goes to shit after they overprovision the server

That was painful to read.

5/5 shitpost.

That just sounds like asking for trouble

I've listened to some of Brian Cantril's interviews and Joyent seems pretty based. Can you actually use SmartOS directly, or are they Linux container-only?

You can use SmartOS directly, it's basically Solaris + Pkgsrc.

They are based in my eyes, Cantril is a beast but I will have to see how they do for a year under Samsung ownership.

Great for normie shit but when they shoa'd TRS Radio with no warning it showed their hand, they're not an impartial host.

Better question: How do you find a good VPN?

I only knew about them because I'm a LAS faggot, but I recently realized how much better Vultur is.

Just google it. "Good VPS provider" or "VPS reviews"

I asked Vince, and he was okay with it. Plus Romania doesn't really give a shit about that copyright bullshit so it's all good. They don't even recognize DMCAs.

Wat? Googling it will only lead me to (((Google endorsed))) sites.

Nice botnet, faggot.

Time4VPS

Based in Lithuania on a 20Gbps network.
It manages to max out transfers to my french online.net server so it's decent enough.

It's dirt cheap if you get a two year plan. No issues so far, just werks (tm)

I use linode for my fairly minor needs. They acted pretty professionally when the node my VPS was on decided to tard out. Backups cost extra.

I miss the old /k/

They're incompetent and shady when it comes to security.
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=5667027

Why do these services always ask so much required information upon signup (name, address, phone)?

With website hosts it's the same thing. Then all that info is available in whois and you have to pay extra to keep that info private.That sucks.

So why do they require all that personal data?
Do you usually put real info or is it not really needed?

Reverse proxy to the pirate bay, since it's blocked in my country. Sometimes I use it for SSH tunnelling, and sometimes to host gameservers.

Enjoy your input lag.

My friend has a big sever in his shed split into VMs

Is it covered with tinfoil?

I go with alpharacks, 40GB storage with 2tb bandwith for $12 a year

go to lowendbox for prices and offers on VPS

I'm using mine for VPN. Only £4/year.