US Army Special Operations ditches Android for iPhone

ANDRONES ON SUICIDE WATCH

dodbuzz.com/2016/07/15/army-sof-to-trade-in-its-androids-for-iphones/

More like
US Army Special Operations on suicide watch
tbh fam

More like
US Army Special Operations on suicide mission

There are no words. In any language. No words.

Lets face it. Android is shit primarily because of Java is shit.
The security issues are fixed in patched versions like Copperhead, but the shitty Java application base is inescapable.

Show some hard facts first.

My brother works at apple and said he'll get me an iphone 7 as a present, should I accept or get an android?

accept it, free shit

user... I think you might have misunderstood something.

iPhones

Lagdroid

Such a hard choice

Could you at least try?

You forgot that :
Apple :

Yeah, that shouldn't be influencing your choice at all ...

What disappointed me is that they didn't give a shot to safer things that both.
(android sec is still a joke ... )
Like cyanogen, or other far more open projects that actually don't stop for security when it needs effort.
Instead they just changed the whole platform to a far more proprietary shit.

Lagdrones are literally this retarded

who wants to bet that they cheap ass phones

yes I'm sure the US spec ops used some cheap sony phone

?

okay sjw

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

If you properly write your software well and not have it written by $2/mo Pajeets then it will be "clear, unbelievable".

Kickass torrents

Obligatory both are shit comment.

So you have no argument.

Stop being autistic, you know fucking well it's free.

Why are the US special forces using any publicly available phone and not their own custom built ones with Operating Systems that their government would have complete control and understanding of? +1 if these phones are made in China.

Apple and Google are basically part of the USG anyway. The government backdoors aren't a big security threat to the government.

Do you think they execute the programmers who make the backdoors after they're done?

literally treason/10

Your clearly aren't thinking with your brain.
One of the biggest reasons against backdoors is that they could fall in the hands of anyone, and even used against their implementors, as ironic as that might be.

EXACTLY

Best comment ...

The US Military still uses Windows 98 on their nuclear submarines, they're not exactly the picture of technical competence. The US Government can barely manage to scrap together a semi-functional heath insurance website given unlimited funds, there's no way in hell they could ever develop their own internal software.

well obviously

but you have to remember these are the same people that smuggle weapons to ISIS thinking its a great idea

There is literally nothing wrong with using Windows 98 aboard a submarine.

The Androne damage control ITT is about as effective as their cherished OS

Makes sense to switch if Android can't handle their streaming equipment.

Of course this thread is going to turn into yet another goytoy dick length contest by idiots with no reading comprehension like

There are very few positive things said about Android in this thread. Android rarely gets genuine praise from Holla Forums - the best you see is "it's the least terrible option for smartphones". You're complaining about "andrones" because you expected them when you made this thread. My guess is that you're new to Holla Forums and dived in without lurking and expected it to be full of hardcore Android fans. It isn't.

The reason people here are complaining is not that they think Android is so great (it's made by Google and most phones with it are filled with proprietary bloatware), but that Apple is even worse.

So what else is running on that phone?

Is it possible that the Java devs the US Army hired are actually incompetent and blame it on the Android? To me, that sounds like a fair bet.