Young Justice

I really liked how this show adapted the DC universe as a whole.

Other urls found in this thread:

watchcartoononline.com/young-justice-episode-1-independence-day
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Young-Justice-2011
readcomics.net/comic/young-justice-2011
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Volcano
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So did I. The first 6 or so episodes are rough, due to me just hating most of the kids (except Aqualad), but it got a lot better after that. The way they were building the DC universe reminded me a lot of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, where smaller characters could get a lot of time to shine. Some people probably liked that Batman villains were, seemingly, purposefully underwhelming, but it let others get the spotlight.

It took til the end of season 1 before anything the badguys do made sense, but it was a good pay off. Season 2 was tons of ruse mastery from both the bad guys and the good guys, and the time skip got even more characters into the mix.

People are watching it on Netflix, hoping Netflix will greenlight a 3rd season. That's pretty much the only chance the show has to come back.

2tacticool4me

Since we have thread about cliche writing tropes, one of my favorite moments in the end of season 1 was when everyone was blackmailed or had something to hide. You'd normally get some bullshit part where they'd all go along with it and only change their mind when someone is in danger. But instead, they all reveal their secrets to the team, come clean, and make a real plan to fuck up the badguys.

Its been awhile, but I do remember it well. Picking back up.

From the beginning.
watchcartoononline.com/young-justice-episode-1-independence-day

Yes I know, too lazy to torrent or stream.

Well well well, I didn't recognize the voice when I first heard it. Rene Auberjonois (Odo to DS9fags) is Dr. Mark Desmond. He's clearly refined cranky into an art form.

Enjoy it. There are some rough parts, of course, but once it hits its stride, it doesn't stop.

What you did was RAPE m'gann
You raped Conner

It's fine to rape him, because he's a child.

Or wait… that sounded like a better justification in my head.

honk honk

Fan of /ss/, are we?

Oh yes, I remember.

Especially M'gann the not-so cute monstergirl.

Oh, and the pleasantly irritating games of the Light.

Don't forget the mind raping in season 2.

I lost my shit when they adapted The Reach storyline, AND made Arsenal a character.

It was super rushed at the end though.

Kinda like Wally?

The clone was a really good solution to use two wildly different versions non-compatible version of what were (supposed to be) the same character

Wait, that was an adaptation? Black Beetle included?

Which reminds me, that was a fine way to do a (mostly) one-note thug.

The show did some good ideas for characters like that. Another one would be the Miss Martians donated alien blood granting Beast Boy his animal shape shifting powers (and green skin).

Or even keeping the Martian race alive instead of making them extinct due to being too kinda similar to Superman/Krypton. (One male survivor and cousin). Keeping them alive also allowed for the original martian hero "Green Beetle" character.

The appearances of Rocket, Icon, young Zantana, Wonder Girl or even the original version of Dr Fate and any Jack Kirby character in animated form were good to see as well.

You wonderful bastard can a joke involving the Flash family be considered a infinite mass pun-ch?

Aliens from another planet with radically different physiology (The green human form isn't their true form) have blood that is compatible with humans.
MAKES SENSE

Dude, she SHAPE SHIFTED HER BLOOD to be compatible. That's what she actually did. They state it.

You're running out of room, buster!

SO FUCKING GOOD

I guess I need to watch this at some point. No excuse if it's on Netflix.

They nailed how the Flash Family is supposed to be. Every one of those Speedsters is a little goofy, even old Jay Garrick, but they all bounce off each other even the normal parts of the family.

This is heroic legacy stuff done right.

Seriously?

"Now excuse me, I have a hemisphere to save."

I liked Clancy Brown better, but this Luthor's got it.

Young Justice is actually canon to Earth-16, so it follows that the adaptation would be very faithful to the lore for that dimension

I watched the series during its original run. I still stand by this statement: This show, and Brave and the Bold did the DC Universe right.

However you can tell this is a Greg Weisman show because it has some of his quirks and favorites. Black Canary and Captain Atom two characters he work on in the 80's. An painfully extensive show bible I'm serious, this fucker knows when and where a character met, what was discuss and their backstory like whatever or not they know a language. a Bible you will never read. Word play, and oh the main villains getting away with their crimes. So far, I didn't see any out-right references to Shakespeare so

He's also in establish universes like to combine certain characters traditional history. Like in Spectacular Spider-man Combining Montana and turning him into The Shocker or and this is a spoiler Turning Zatara into Dr. Fate, separating Aqualad and Garth. Removing Donna as the First Wondergirl (Yeah she was on the team and left) I suppose this is to distill the best quality of the universe but it feels, off, I don't know.

Still, it's a testament to the series that Young Justice for its hundreds of characters literally only two were awful.

That would be Joker and Madam Xanadu

Well, two, and then they ditched those two at the end of the season and gave us another two.

Huh, I thought Earth 16 was that Earth where all the heroes acted like Celebrities, since their parents more or less made crime-fighting obsolete? You know, the one where all the heroes are hipsters that sit around and recreate famous battles? The only mention of "Young Justice" was in a video game.

If they did get Young Justice to stay as Earth 16, I hope they keep that other world; it was delightfully depressing.

"Well maybe Tommy doesn't live in Tuppence's stupid fantasy world where everythin's solved in half an hour!"

And then a few episodes later Megan Wishes she could solve her problems in 22 minutes.

"I think I'll call him Mister Tawney!"

Hmm, since Anons are enjoying the show, you might as well brush up on the official tie-in.

Since, Greg probably guess they were going to get fucked over the official comic follows the events of the Show.

Issue 0 literally shows what happen between July 5 through 8 in which is like the last five minutes of episode 2.

Wally and Superboy goes on an adventure in the mall. It also shows where and how Superboy got his shirt.

You mean shirts, given how many times those got ripped up.

I swear, this show knew quite well how to do fanservice for both sexes without worsening anything.

Got more?

You can read it yourself.

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Young-Justice-2011

Issue 5 you may like.

Hey, user, first issue was grand and Tuppence was trashy cute, but issue 2's borked.

Wait, nevermind, only partly borked. First couple pages went weird.

Dammit, page 4 and 5 are broken.

Sorry, meant issue #1. Forgot it started with #0.

Okay, the real issue #2 works.

Issue #3 completely kaput.

Try this link:readcomics.net/comic/young-justice-2011

Result.

ADORABLE

#5-6

Both good. Shit, they made Dick's backstory even more painful.

Also, M'gann sure seemed to pretty up the White Martians.

To be fair we have NO idea how they act since apparently they're not crazy war-like motherfuckers like they were in the the source material

APOLOGIES, I SUPPOSE THE PROPERLY INCLUSIVE TERM IS MEATBAGS

Was he an original character? If so, wow, he was gone too quickly.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Volcano

At least, I think it was Red Volcano that said that.

To contribute, I can't believe some of the shit that got past CN's censors, like the entire Harm episode. The character, the imagery(the dead little girl ghost walking through his blade), the whole time I was wondering if the censors were snorting coke like they did in the 90's.

Yeah, that was him.

NO MORE PINOCCHIOS

What beautiful escalation, though. From sneaking around drug cartels to world-saving Justice League-sized crises.

And the dialogue through the whole show! So much on mortality and sexual innuendo that would make 4Kids censors blanch.

What an American mystery.

Got me.

So nice to see Eiling and Atom, though.

The dialogue was great, so much wordplay and so many clever references.

"Who would have thought a Martian could catch an Earth virus?"
"Uh, H.G. Wells?"

You have to go back: >>>Holla Forums

Hey, it shut him up for now, didn't it?

And this is why you don't piss off Talia al-Ghul.

Only Bats can get away with that.

Better, still 3/10 though.

Ah, that kind of episode. The kind where the writers can kill and destroy all they want without actually hitting the deus ex machina reset button. Those are always good for tugging the heartstrings.

It had all the typical weisman problems
Art style was kinda off
Okay show

Which are?

JLU was better

Not that guy but when i think of a probable "Weisman problem" i think JUST AS PLANNED escalation where the villains win even when they lose, which depending on the frequency can be annoying as fuck.

Mmh. I remember when I first watched that show with my friends, we got annoyed waiting for the Light to slip up or suffer straight failure.

Though, now that I'm rewatching it, their first major failure may have in India. The Brain couldn't salvage anything from that, and the Justice League gained a regional ally (Tawney's "animal kingdom") out of the debacle.

They're a bit apples and oranges, though.

A psychic demi-god with the mind and body of an ordinary teenage girl. And I'm glad they're playing this as a bad thing.

But she still barely faced any consequences for it. A breakup, but she gets him back in the end. After mind raping him

I personally liked gltas better
But this was alright

Hmmm, haven't reached that yet. On Harm's Halloween Hijinks right now.

It's S2.

Well she got suicidal depression and thrown around and nearly killed by "Tula". Although, why they neglected to tell the MIND READER about their ruse will always be beyond me, especially after Artemis joined Kal'dur and they knew the two might fight.

Well that was fun. Never saw that episode, glad I did now.

Is it just me, or was Harm a Shonen animu villain?

Getting the feeling that Klarion's No Adults Allowed world was a spark for a bunch of new generation heroes (and villains) worldwide.

I forgot the whole tula thing.
And the whole sneaky subplot ended up kinda hilarious, tell everyone except the mind reader AND anger issues super strong guy. And then everyone finds out anyways even the fish dude

I forget, was Fate/Nabu a possessive entity in the comics? I like the element of danger given to him here.

Not that I know of.

Artemis definitely got away with the censor thing the most.

Well, it's better than villains that always lose. Plus it makes the threat seem more dangerous. And it makes the heroes winning even more rewarding and look better since they overcome a villain who was so thorough. YJ did it right. Bleach did it WAY wrong.

step up your pun insults

THAT'S NOT HOW BLOOD WORKS

It is when you're a shape shifting Martian.

So she can shape shift her fucking dna?

She can shift enough to give you blood, but down the line you might turn green and start shape shifting as well.

Might as well post that in every thread on this board

I always thought Xanatos was just an incurable optimist as opposed to a master planner because it sure looked to me like he was constantly getting his ass kicked

readcomics.net/comic/young-justice-2011

We seem to be having issues with the database.

You have shamed me with your skill

Site's back to normal.

Bomp

Yes, I can answer this because of that Magic Source book.

When Nabu control you, you end up becoming cold and logical. When Nabu and the host get together they are Dr. fate.

When Nabu is in a Human. He wants to experience every new sensation. So he eats himself sick, drink himself drunk and sick down and watch television days at a fucking time.

God knows what will happen if it get horny.

Wow, you pulled this sucker from PAGE 10.

Anyone still binging it on Netflix? I watched it again once on there, might do it again if it will really help a 3rd season happen.

Reach Scientist was pretty hot. I'd give her a DNA sample.