So, I'm of the theory that the powers that be use Hollywood to test reaction to things like new technology...

So, I'm of the theory that the powers that be use Hollywood to test reaction to things like new technology. Once whatever the technology is becomes mundane and widely accepted, it's released to the public. The primary example of this is communication technology. For years communicators, screens and such were considered amazing future technology. No everyone's got smartphones and ipads and can be connected and tracked and see any other person on live video from virtually every corner of the Earth. We see the same with cloning, regeneration, robotics, and most recently self-driving cars. I feel like once the public stops being impressed by something, they release it.

On the same token, I'm very curious about recurring themes they push, like black male/white female, cuckoldry, alpha males being written as returning to find their wives with other men. I usually just assume stuff like that is the writer working through their own personal issues or fetishes on screen, but recently I've been curious about a very specific trope I'm seeing pop up in horror stuff a lot.

Character dies.
Character is brought back to life in a shriveled, smaller form, usually as a slave.

-In Phantasm the Tall Man takes corpses, shrinks the bodies into little monsters, and shrinks the brains and puts them into little floating spheres, and controls both of them.
-In The Vampire's Assistant, the film's ending reveals the cloaked "little people" seen in the background throughout the film are created by shriveling corpses and transforming them into them.
-The original Troll film largely centered on the inhabitants of the apartment complex being shrunk into various monsters.
-Virtually any horror film involving dollification has scenes of this, notably Dolls where the intruders are punished by being horrifically transformed into dolls and kept as slaves.

In trying to think of contemporary conspiracy theories and paranormal topics that mention this phenomenon, I can only really think of two examples. The first is that proposed evolution path where they claim the elites will become taller and lighter skinned, while the poor will become a muddied, shrunken race of hobbits moving about at the leisure of the elites running things.

The second are the "clockwork elves" mentioned by DMT users and the likes of Joe Rogan and Alex Jones. The claim is when you use DMT, you experience ego death and what happens when you die. You're transported to a fractal dimension where strange elf-like creatures bounce towards you joyously. They sing, and their words turn into machines. They then encourage you to try and join in with them. As you do, they cheer you on and dance and clap, and gradually you become like them.

Thoughts on my paranoid psychobabble ramblings?

You sound like a legit paranoid schizophrenic

best thread in ages

see also: the Puppetmaster series

Good call.

Also, I don't know. I just downloaded and watched Phantasm: Ravager (it sucked) and have spent way too long listening to Joe Rogan's podcast because it was just all that was next in my "playing next" list so I'm in a weird headspace.

I recommend a good dose of cyanide.

You'll be sorry when it comes to pass

The black man/white woman cuckoldry shit is part of the Jewish goal of tikkun olam, or "world healing" where they rule a unified goyim slave race. Look up the Kalergi plan.

What are you on and where can I get some

What are you on and where can I get some

Reality

How does it feel to have such a short historical memory that you're basically reduced to livestock?

Was meant for .

Nothing exciting. Sleep deprivation, sugary beverages, anime, video games and shame.

Oh, that's a bit disappointing.

Also, what anime you watching? I just started LOGH and the new berserk.

Oh, and I also take daily doses of losartin and l-argenine, not that I think either of those would effect anything.

I tried watching the new Berserk, the cgi irritated me way too much. Not to mention the nudity without nipples.

I have LoGH downloaded, but I'm only like ten episodes in.

I'm currently going through One Piece. I'm all caught up on the manga, but I don't like watching the anime until the current arc is done, and I waited a long time for them to finish Dressrosa, thankfully he Zou arc will likely be short in the anime. I'm up to episode 720.

Before that I'd just finished Occultic;Nine and Drifters.

I don't *just* watch anime, of course, it's just very little of what's come out in theaters or on tv has been all that memorable.

what are some good animes where people get shrunk and turned into slaves

…You know, it hadn't even occurred to me when I was making this thread, but one of the major plots of the Dressrosa arc is that one of the villains (Sugar) has the power to turn people into toys who the villains then use as slave labor, while part of the spell is that everyone else forgets all their memories of them.

Also, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. The younger D'arby brother steals your soul and puts it into a doll if he beats you at vidya games.

word.

What are you doing here on Holla Forums?

Your thread reminds me of the massification of the foot fetish and the small / giant dynamic that comes tied with it. Seems to me like we are somehow designed to be a slave race. We are made to follow. Also the Minions movies and how normies consumed them and regurgitated them without a single thought.

You can escape this by:
-Becoming an opressor yourself
-Realizing what you really are
-Distancing yourself so much from society that you don't matter and become essentialy non human

The latter option is really harsh, as many of us can attest. Even if you deviate a little from the status quo of the current year, you end up suffering.

I recommend meditation, good sleep, and healthy eating to everyone. Don't listen to anyone, don't consume popular media, don't believe in anything other than your personal experience and reflections. Do your thing and be content.

Normie society is top tier shit. Even the most 'enlightened' individuales are nothing more than walking memes and as soon as they discover they have a preference for something they invest and believe in all the memes associated with it and integrate it hard as part of some bullshit 'identity'. For some reason North Americans are super susceptible to this. See: Tattoos, 'runners', geek culture, feminism, right wingers, family values, etc. It's nothing more than stupid shitty clubs where they all lie to each other. However, you must act as a normie around others. It's a balancing act.

What you do, even the most trivial thing, matters and echoes through the ages in ways we cannot comprehend. It's insulting that there's this enormous pressure to 'define yourself' into what are essentialy brands.

t. another schizo

What are you doing here?

We live here.

I really don't have anything substantial to say, but this is really interesting. I guess there's also the correspondence of old fairy lore to modern UFO encounters, both of which have some similarity to "machine elf" experiences.

Also, the thought of someone being revived as or replaced with a diminutive monster makes me think of homunculi, which were supposed to be little artificial people a sorcerer or alchemist could create.

OP you are all over the fucking place. These tropes are fucking ancient, have none of you illiterates ever read anything related to Greek or Biblical mythology?

Gods/magicians have punished many people by turning them into puppets, slaves, dummies, and animals. King Agamemnon came home from Troy and was murdered by his wife and her lover.

There's propaganda, and then there's hacks falling back on their college courses to get their script approved. It can be hard to tell the difference but it's there.

show me one story in the bible about a space man turning people into slave midgets

I don't take kindly to your kind around this here board

Oh yeah? Well we don't take kindly to folks who don't take kindly around here!

There's a movie calleddark crystal made in the 80s where the life force is sucked out and they turn into mindless puppets.

I only read the first paragraph about technology, and glanced the rest as it didn't interest me.

I think it has less to do with Hollywood hoarding tech and releasing it once it's normalised, and more everyone sees this technology, so there's incentive for engineers and scientists to actually create it, then sell it highly priced and claim it's just like the films.

As for the rest, you need to take a nap.
The clockwork elves thing is some neat reading, as I've never heard of them before.
Sounds like a bunch of druggies thinking this one drug is better than the rest and a bunch of joint memories.

In not one of those cases that is well documented do they accurately describe the elves. They simply get shown a picture while trying to discover more about what they saw, then instantly connect the picture to the jumble of messy thoughts in their hallucinations.
As for ego death, I'd chalk that up to being legitimately close to death and your mind processing it while drugged.

I liked one of the ones I watched, and good fantasy anime is depressingly lacking. I don't like shit like Inu Yasha.

The chopping block folder are series I'm *considering* dropping because they didn't immediately hook me, or I've watched like four episodes and still can't decide whether or not to drop it. Once it's dropped, it's deleted.