Is Bitcoin worth the hassle, mining, electricity, etc., or is it just one big meme?

Is Bitcoin worth the hassle, mining, electricity, etc., or is it just one big meme?

Pic related, what I'm saving up my money for.

Other urls found in this thread:

blogtalkradio.com/ghost/2016/07/26/true-capitalist-radio-hosted-by-ghost--episode-318
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Last I checked, bitcoin has gotten so overmined that you pretty much have to waste $1000 in electricity mining in order to get $10 worth of bitcoins.

There are industrial warehouses in China lined wall to wall with bitcoin miners, consider that before anything else. It's too late, there's nothing left to do but regret not buying in at $0.50 per coin. The price has been fluctuating between 600 and 700 dollars recently.

Yes goy, spend your money on this currency that totally has real life value!

If it was backed by MD5 bitcoin would still be worth more than USD :^)

yes goy! keep mining!
Don't forget it's totally secure!

It was and it still is, but it's gotten so big that it doesn't yield much to solo mine. What you should do is mine an alternative cryptocoin and use those to buy bitcoin, but that's if you need bitcoin. In the meantime, hope the price of bitcoin goes down. People are still trying to figure out why it shot up so high in the last month.

Unless you've got a secret source, it looks like that mouse pad is sold out. Nice taste though.

Wait, are you serious?

No, I was looking forward to it. I wanted it.

I wonder who is behind this post

Even 4x GPU mining rigs are worthless now thanks to Chinese FPGA/ASIC mining farms.

I bought a can of peanuts and a tshirt on some onionland market months ago.

Last week I paid an IRC friend to 3D print a part for my thinkpad and mail it to me.

I like it.

I may or may not have bought weed with it. There is Chinese miners running illegally and crazy slave trade conditions unless you can move to Africa or something with a powerful pc u won't make shit

Easiest way to get bitcoin now is to use some cheap ASIC miners to mine lesser cryptos and trade them up on exchanges.

Also that one free bitcoin faucet which has a lottery for like 250 dollars worth of coins every week. I've seen people with like 16 tickets win first prize while people who have bought millions of tickets got last prize.

Hold on, I'm a fucking retard. I meant that first prize is usually one or two bit coins, not 250 dollars worth of bitcoins. 250 dollars of bitcoins is max payout on their faucet for each roll.

No currency does you idiot.

With developments like IPFS and Zeronet, Ethereum seems like it's set to replace Bitcoin both as a currency but also as a platform. I'm really interested in seeing what becomes of this stuff, the idea of decentralized applications with decentralized hosting using what is essentially digital cash (crypto currency) is pretty exciting but I wonder if it will actually take off in a big way.

Is having non-proprietary money worth the hassle?

>>>/meme/

>>>/suicide/

nope.
https:[email protected]/* *//the-resolution-of-the-bitcoin-experiment-dabb30201f7#.8fxl1ud8d

>>>/g/

And your posting style is really apparent of a retarded teenager. Leave.

I regret not setting up all the machines in my old work place to mine bitcoins 24/7. No one ever turned off the machines, and the only computer savvy person in the building was me. The only thing anyone in the building knew how to use were mobile phones, and even then they had to ask me tech support questions about those too.

Could have easily gotten away with it.

Is there any hope for non-governmental cryptocurrencies?It looks like most cryptocurrencies seems to be a big meme in the end.5 or 6 years ago I had high hopes for it.

It's only a meme in here for whatever reason. In reality cryptocurrencies are growing more every day.

Seems to be only applicable in China though

China just has the most miners because they have the cheapest power.

So, what about ether?

And your posting style is really apparent of a retarded teenager. Leave.

You're using the Austrians' subjective value theory, and are also denouncing gold?

Right. Nobody uses gold anymore now that we have brass.
The idiot probably thinks wedding rings are made of real gold, or that there are gold flutes used by professionals, or that we use gold in electronics instead of the cheaper and more conductive silver.

we do use it for thermal shielding ins spacecraft

No *fiat* currency.

Bitcoin holds more value than regular money because governments can't print millions of bitcoins and devalue the ones you own. They do it regularly with fiat money though (euros, dollars, etc.) because all you need is a printing machine.

97 % of a typical fiat currency is never printed or minted.
97% of fiat currency is digital entries on a computer.

At least bitcoin is honest about the fact it is purely digital and backed by nothing but faith and scarcity.

Well, given that banks can lend money that do not have (Fractional-reserve banking) , but cannot do the same with BTC i think that it will be more stable than quite a load of money.

But the IRS does not consider it Money but propriety, so it is Highly taxed if you turn it or anything that you buy with to Dollars.
Ghost did a good explanation about the taxation of this in episode 318 of TCR blogtalkradio.com/ghost/2016/07/26/true-capitalist-radio-hosted-by-ghost--episode-318