Why aren't I losing weight Holla Forums?

why aren't I losing weight Holla Forums?
I already excersize quite a bit on a daily basis just by walking to work and even then having to walk multiple miles on the job
Don't eat alot, mainly because im too lazy to make food but I generally consume about 1500-2000 calories per day
Because my roommate does all the cooking I eat very little when she's out and alot when she's trying out new stuff (say only 500 calories for a few days every month and 3000-4000 once every 2 months or so)
6'' +/- 170 lbs

>Inb4 >>>/fit/
8chins /fit/ is pretty much dead last time I checked it and would never reccomend me anything but buy from whole foods and spend my days in the gym which im not aiming for, just aiming for a thinner body

Semen has calories too user - maybe try spitting it out more often.

Only like 5 calories per serving user, jeez you sound like my dad

It means you are doing something wrong. Do check your weight everyday, in the morning after going to the bathroom, before drinking? Did you calculate your correct calorie intake for your height? What is your cut?

lol fatto ratto

My cut? Anyways I'm pretty sure im already undereating which might atribute to fucking up my metabolism
plus my weight swings around quite a bit so It doesnt matter if I check it or not, last week I was 160 and now im back at 170 without changing diet or excersize

you have to drink a tall glass of cold water as soon as you get up in the morning to kickstart your metabolism

Studies have been done in which people of various weights were presented with plates of food and asked to guess how many calories were on the plate. Across the board, fat people severely underguessed. For example, resented with two slices of pizza, a fat person might guess 200-300 calories, when it's really double that.

So my question for you is, are you just eyeballing the amount of calories you're eating, or are you actually counting verified amounts? If it's the former, then you're probably not losing weight because you're eating a lot more than you realize.

Yeah probably man, It's more that I would be dumbfounded if my counts were really off but let me try for a typical day (as Ive never actually counted calories)

Breakfast
-Coffee (I think like 100 cal)
-max 2 sandwiches, usually with PB or cheese (200 cal each?)

Lunch
Same as breakfast but with an energy drink (AA) because my boss hands them out (400 calories + 150 from the drink so 1150 total)

Dinner:

Plate of pasta (500 calories)
or
Pizza (I really dont know this might be a fuckton but I always get the small one as im not a big eater)
or
Rice dish (300?)

always around 500 calories I think
I dont drink alot either outside of milk and water

I do eat a little every night out of boredom (usually a sandwich or 2, or a piece of fruit if my roommate gets some)

Start using tobacco. I am your height, weighed 180. 3 months of smoking brought me down to 130. People call me anorexic these days. Smoking speeds up your metabolism and dulls out your tastebuds. You will skip breakfast every day.

Cut that shit, stupid.
Calories aren't the only things that make you gain weight. So does sugar, and those energy drinks have a shit ton of it.
Unless your coffee is black, it's likely stupid sweet. Same concept. Drop the sugar,
Cut down on salt if you haven't already. Salt helps the body retain water weight.

Where are the vegetables man. Eat them before your meals to help fill you up.

you're not going to get slim without some combination of eating properly and exercise. Suck it up and do some basic cardio. 3 times a week is enough to shed 5 or so pounds.

Retard spotted.
Weight change is NOTHING but calorie in/out. I basically drink 4 redbulls per day and eat candy to get my energy up - I'm underweight. It all depends if you put in more calories than you use. That gets stored. It's not fucking rocket science.

Checked
So basically im an idiot for not looking at sugar?
Makes sense actually, the salt thing does too
Thanks man, I'll just make a list and make sure I keep it in mind
How many calories ARE in a pizza though?
I mean a personal pizza doesnt sound too bad but 600 calories in 2 slices?!

Way ahead of you buddy, already skip breakfast whenever I can just because im lazy

Pretty sure he means healthy weightloss, not looking like a slav and rotting my teeth out before 40

Your sandwiches could be a lot more depending on what's in them. Milk is 100 calories per cup. Coffee is probably 50 calories unless you use real cream and more than two spoons of sugar

Just do meth.

OP you need to find out what kind of stuff makes you feel more full for the same calories. For me it's fiber and fat.

no sugar, I usually just buy those no cal sweeteners (Stevea I think its called)
I should really cut back on sandwiches and instead just eat fruit and vegetables as just googling nutritional stuff just dry sandwiches is already giving me more than I bargained for

I thought about eating more nuts to curb the hunger but I think I just dont feel hungry like ever, more that I eat out of habit
As I said when my roommate isnt around I only eat dinner because It's a habit to order something when I havent had anything to eat

"alot" isn't a word you fucking imbecile. Start a raw food diet

Coffee is 0 calories, or 10 calories with "0 calorie" sweeteners and creamer

The problem with sugar, high fructose corn-syrup, and white bread (most pizzas), is that simple sugars and simple starches get converted almost immediately into energy (think white breads). If you're not out and about, but rather watching TV or using the Internet from a chair, the sugar synthesis is stored (into fat).

You need to cut the food that converts easily into "simple sugars". Only then can one begin to lose weight based upon 'Calories in > Calories Out'.

No more simple sugar conversions = sustained digestion sequences. This, along with cal in -vs- cal out, will manage weight, depending upon how much effort you put in place.

Weight lifting with foods like Chicken, Beef, etc, may result in a net stagnation (or even loss) of body weight, but know that muscle weighs more than fat.

OP just do basic exercise like pushups or some shit, extremely hard to fuck up and cause serious body injury

If you're too lazy to do that, I heard fidgeting while at work gets rid of a surprising amount of calories

Count Calories fam. Youd be surprised how much you eat when you take time out of your day to count exactly the amount you eat

you're living on a shitload of carbs moron

then again, I have no motivation these days, so I don't have much room to talk.

a single serving of two tablespoon of peanut butter is 200 calories. Each slice of bread is 80 to 100. Your counting is way off. Use an app like myfitnesspal to track calories

OP Updates;
Stopped eating sandwiches alltogether and started cooking more myself, replaced coffee with tea because I dont need sugar nor milk for that
Also started drinking mainly water and doing push ups while waiting on things

I'm at 165 now so I already lost 5 pounds in a few days so im making at least some progress to become hulk hogan

Keep in mind that diet moderation will prevent further weight gain, but unless you have a really active metabolism, it won't cause you to burn fat you've already gained.

And in terms of fat-burning exercise, walking and push-ups won't really cut it. Usually it takes around 45 minutes of cardio to reach a point where your body starts using fats. It's good that you've already seen improvement, but keep this in mind if you reach plateaus.

I dont have a high metabolism I just have an easily changed weight, as I didnt do alot to lose this weight so far

Ive heard that weight lifting burns the most calories, if that's true cant I just do a bunch of pullups throughout the day to lose weight? Or is it really cardio that has me burning fat?

By so far, do you mean the three days since you started the thread, or some time before?

Weight lifting can burn a lot of calories, but strictly anaerobic exercise never quite gets your heart rate to a steady BPM needed to burn fat efficiently. Although, as you put on muscle, your fat becomes less noticeable and muscle itself requires more energy to maintain.

10-20 pull-ups doesn't burn the amount of calories it feels like it does, but it's better than nothing. If you didn't want to do conventional cardio like running or biking, there are plenty of cross-training type stuff that offers even more benefit. While the exercises are more interesting and provide you with more, you have to put more into them to keep your heart rate up.

I've been trying to lose some weight myself. I managed to get down 7 lbs (I want to lose 30) and back up 2. so I'm pretty stable at 5lbs lost.

I like to eat carbs, but I'm trying to cut back and eat less of them.

Coffee and tea are both fine as long as you drink it raw.

I drink black coffee all day long (water too so I'm not dehydrated.

3 days since I started thread, I once only lost 4 pounds after walking and running for a week long (Big hiking trip) but seeing how I lost this with just a good diet I think cardio doesnt matter too much
Thanks for all the tips man, I''m actually writing most down to keep a good plan going

What weight are you now? and muscle is heavier than fat so maybe thats the 2 up

Right now I'm down from 150 to 145.

I'm trying to get back down to 120.
I'm very short so being fat doesn't look good, and being muscular looks even stupider

How short are we talking?

Don't count your chickens so fast, man.
It takes around 6 weeks for any lasting change to take hold speaking for both diet and exercise.

It's good to remain optimistic, but most fluctuations in weight in the first 3 weeks will be temporary water and waste. Weight itself is somewhat unreliable for men given that muscle weighs more than fat. If you wanted to monitor it more accurately, keep track of your measurements with tape, along with overall elasticity.

I know but 3 pounds is still quite a bit for 3 days, Im aiming for at least 10% body fat loss, its mainly appearance though but weighing is currently the easiest way of measuring anything
What do you mean with elasticity? The elasticity of my fat and being able to grab it?

3 pounds is a reasonable daily fluctuation. It could just be random or due to eating/shitting/timing factors.

Yes, about the elasticity, though it's more about the density of what you're able to grab and manipulate.

Going by weight may seem "easy," but it's not the best for your weight range, especially if you're acquiring muscle you didn't have before. You are actually at the right weight range for your height, so if you were to get "fit" you actually wouldn't lose much weight at all, you might even gain 5-10 pounds.

yeah as I said its all about aesthetics and body fat percentage
is more density better or worse? Because right now the fat itself is really soft but I cant pull on it too much as it pulls on my muscles, you can actually see pectorals and such on the top but still got fat legs, hips, tiddies and lower somach

More density would be worse, less density is usually loose skin as the case with greater weight loss.
It should be obvious where your muscles are so anything you're able to grab and pull away while contracting is fat or loose skin.

If you're motivated by aesthetics just forget about weight altogether, you'll know when you're satisfied.

167 cm.

Most girls my age are taller than me.

Move to asia, at least there your average

Yeah I already know.

My only GF I ever had was asian

it may seem extreme but aren't there operations to enlarge your legs? I think that one popular soccer dude got it because he was like 1.50 and couldnt compete at that height

Anyways a bunch of girls are really short if you really look for them, try going to asian communities and get another asian Q.T 3.14

You look bad at any height, it's about ratio, eg, i'm really tall but really skinny so look bad, could be fat or super muscle bulk, id still look bad, gotta work for that in between or just get comfortable in your body