What do I do Holla Forums?

Sitting on a refurbished t60 with 2007 era hardware. Picked it up cause it'd seem like fun to muck around with.

What're some fun ideas?

why are you sitting on a laptop user? They don't seem very comfortable to sit on. You should be using it as a computer as intended. Doesn't your ass hurt user?

1. Stop sitting on it, asscheeks uncomfortable.

Not a bad suggestion, user.

if you want a project - flash it with libreboot using hardware method. You'll get to completely take laptop apart, clean it, replace thermal grease, flash BIOS, install wifi card that doesnt require proprietary blobs, install whatever distro you want to play around with. you dont necessarily need BBB, a raspberry pi can be used too.

shove it up your ass

install linux on it

Sell that old piece of junk, doubt you could even run Minecraft on it. lol

It's nice seeing good bait like this. Pretty rare nowadays.

use it as a server

If it has a 15" screen, you've got a really good "FlexView" IPS screen.
My daily driver is a 15" T60p. Damn fine machine.
You should upgrade the RAM, run Linux, shitpost and fap.

Neverware CloudReady should run on it like a champ.

Install Libreboot. Then install whatever shitty meme OS you've been wanting to try out lately.

What can i try that isn't ubuntu? Arch is a shit, and i've been thinking about either manjaro, Mint, or Gentoo/Calculate.

Trisquel GNU/Linux.

AROS/ICAROS.

ReactOS.

Use it to try something new / experiment.

You are a shit.

Debian?

Install KolibriOS and use it as an FTP server if you feel like it.

You're going to need something pretty light. Manjaro fluxbox is pretty comfy. Other good options would be bunsenlabs (crunchbang successor) or, for a full desktop, q4os. Q4OS uses the trinity desktop, which is KDE before all of the bloat.

Plan 9 can run on that model.

Throw it out the fucking window and rethink your life's financial decisions.

You've already got GNU/Linux installed on something right? Look outside of that. Try a plan9-based OS, try a BSD, try an Illumos, try TempleOS. Just fuck around with it tbh that's what spare machines are for.

NetBSD so you can say you're using an OS that was used on the international space station.

Libreboot and Trisquel if you just want to fuck around with it

Libreboot and Parabola if you really want to fuck around with it like the overly-obsessive faggot we all want you to be on this board.

libreboot

parabola grsec

tor transparent proxy

why would you need a separate libreboot? just install systemd-rebootd fucking newfags

I have a T43 and I pretty much only use it to fuck around with new distros.

It was pretty sweet back in the day though.

RIP Thinkpad

Install Antix and breathe new life into it.