Is there a way to make Windows 7 more secure?

Is there a way to make Windows 7 more secure?
I'm always hearing about how Windows is very unsecure, but is there
a way to make it more secure so that I can browse the deepweb safely?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/deepweb/comments/56jtbv/lets_talk_about_internet_security/
privacytools.io
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Stick a buttplug in your ass to secure your hole.

Get virtualbox then run whonix inside it.

To be honest though you don't really need it for browsing the deepweb or even to disable javascript, as long as you aren't searching for cp

See reddit.com/r/deepweb/comments/56jtbv/lets_talk_about_internet_security/

1) Block Microsoft telemetry servers using hosts file (they're the same as for Windows 10), list can be googled easily.
2) Don't install recent updates or at least review KB descriptions carefully
3) Browse darknets inside virtual machine
4) Install Linux

yes. format you hd and install leehnucks.

+1 for #4

Study its source code and take note of any vulnerability, of course.

Install linux.

Rolled 16, 23, 20, 17, 5, 18, 12, 25, 10, 20 = 166 (10d26)I'm feeling lucky.

Rolled 6, 7, 1, 12, 12, 25, 15, 23, 4, 1 = 106 (10d26)Pwtq Erlyjt

Not even one letter.

Fgallyowda

Never connect to the internet

For starters, shrink your Windows partition, install Ubuntu or the GNU/Linux distro of your choice and use it for everything else but your games.

Windows is inherently insecure no matter what you do to it because it is proprietary software, so even with Win7 you don't really know what's going on in the background.

install windows 10

norton

you gotta delete system32 found in C:/Windows/

fucking dumbass

jesus christ n00b

oh right my dumbass forgot

there's a security lock on it from Windows itself, fucking micro$oft

anyway, you'll need a special program to delete it like WinDirStat (Windows Directory Statistics)

Do what this guy says, for it is sage. If you're doing illegal things online, don't do them on a Win OS. If you just have regular privacy concerns, use a no-log encrypted vpn, encrypt your HD, use a secure browser, and set all the privacy related settings you can to max.

Get a social net, be a normie, get a gf, upload pics, talk bad about trump and racists and eventually you will be ignored by feds.

just use tails you faggot.

Who still uses Windows these days? I mean - seriously?

people who want to play vidya with decent framerates

On the off chance OP is serious
You need to get rid of Windows if you are concerned about your privacy. In the meantime privacytools.io has pretty good advice.

and you dont' know what the fuck is going on in the back ground with linux either FFS

I bet less than 1% of you cock suckers, decompile ANY of the linux apps you install and "look at the code"

fuck off.

Linux shill

Please. (yes, i am typing on mint right now)
but I am not going to be some god damn wanker and say "linux more secure cause i can look at the code"
I am not a coder. I would have no fucking clue what im looking at.

There, honest shit right here.

Use windows. But like i got at home. I run a cisco ASA5505. And then i software firewall my box's behind that firewall and I nat all of my traffic from my modem throough my ASA and then onto my network. *and yes, this is a simple setup just at my home.

My work network on the other hand is a bit more complex

Get 2 computers
The desktop runs windows and is only connected to the internet to download steam
The laptop is where you do all your browsing with some linux distro of your choice

That is why you install from trusted repos.

With GNU/Linux there is no way that an application can access the network without being allowed, and you can verify this with portscan.

There is literally no reason to run Windblows except for gaming, and even that is changing quickly as more new games are going cross-platform.

Steam is available for GNU/Linux now, and there is even SteamOS. If you are a gamer, you should support Steam for GNU/Linux. It's not perfect but they're on the right track.