Civil War II General II: The Bendis Polemic

Continuing from , which has reached the bump limit, this thread is a general thread for Marvel's big summer event, Civil War II. Here we can discuss the event and all of its tie-ins.

Here's what's going on as of now.

Civil War II - A conflict over the morality of using visions of the future to counteract crimes. As there's no real sane argument being opposed to using future police, Marvel is pretty much pulling things out of their ass to make some sort of justifiable anti-future police point.

An example is that Thanos attacks and Carol assembles a team of only 11 people, one of them being Dazzler. Rhodey dies in the process and She-Hulk is hospitalized due to an anti-hulk missile Rhodey got from the Bendis Armory. Tony is using this as proof that future police is not good, when the situation only went sour because Carol should have just called everyone and not Dazzler.

Currently in Civil War II #3, Bruce Banner has been murdered by Hawkeye with an arrow he got from the Bendis Armory after all the heroes confront him over a vision they saw of Hulk murdering everyone. Bruce has not been able to turn into the Hulk for about a year and the current Hulk is Armadeus Cho. The heroes did not confront Cho, but rather Banner. Why, I'm not sure. Hawkeye was in court, but the verdict was not shown to us. I am suspecting he was found innocent because I find it hard to believe that a jury who indict someone who murdered the monster man who destroyed Vegas and New York and declared war with the entire planet.

Ms.Marvel - Seemed gung ho over future police until her black friend tells her that profiling is wrong and racist, despite Ms. Marvel stopping a tank from killing everyone due to future police just hours before. Changes tune now that her friend Josh is suspected of future crime.

Nova - Does nothing. He doesn't know what's going on and is trying to find Tony to find out how his helmet works, but Tony's busy. We have no idea exactly when the events of Nova's tie-in are supposed to be happening.

Kingpin - Is teaming up with someone who has Inhuman powers that negate future police in order to rise back up to the top of crime boss. The artwork is not good and there's a lot of sugar sugar sugar. There is also confusion over exactly when this comic is happening due to the inclusion of Hawkeye, who is currently in trouble for the murder of Bruce Banner.

Captain Marvel - Is trying to track down a villain named Dr. Minerva. Very little is Civil War related.

Iron Man - Is trying to find his birth father. Absolutely nothing is Civil War related.

X-23, the new Wolverine - Is hanging out with Old Man Logan after fighting Fin Fang Foom. Absolutely nothing to do with Civil War.

Sam Cap - Nick Spencer does it again with all the black heroes meeting in secret to discuss Rhodey's death, Sam giving a eulogy on how inspiring it is to be a black hero, and Sam having to stop the AmeriCops, a government sanctioned police force that has replaced the actual police force that likes to hospitalize and oppress minorities. If you think that's just too insane and ham-handed, welcome to Marvel. It should be noted that Tony was not at the funeral, but Deadpool was. This was because Nick wanted another black hero to send off Rhodey, because black people black people black people.

Another thing to note is that Sam is officially anti-future police, as Tony says that Ulysses visions might be altered by racism and social media posts, I am not fucking joking.

Here is an archive of the previous thread

web.archive.org/web/20160714184835/http://8ch.net/co/res/622227.html

So, who's ready for more Civil War II?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Xuosmf1_mKs
readcomics.net/civil-war-ii-ulysses-infinite/chapter-1/1
readcomics.net/civil-war-ii-ulysses-infinite/chapter-2/full
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Didn't Civil War already kill off a ton of characters by this point? I distinctly remember it being a meat grinder.

Not seeing much "War" either, more like "Civil Bitching: Muh Profiling Edition".

I guess it is supposed to be a "Cold War" at best.

Only ones dead are War Machine, Bruce Banner, and I guess She-Hulk

So technicaly they do the Total Recall and pour it with regressive leftism? I know this sound rude but i can't think any other thing after you summary.

So… which new hero is going to be killed next time? Let's make our bets!

Mass Master.

He'll then pass on his density powers to some black genderfluid otherkin.

Let's see.

Ms.Mud and Spidernig all have AFFIRMITIVE ACTION immunity, Nova has MY DEAD SON immunity.

Any Mutie scum is too irrelevant, one MIGHT get killed to bring them into this "proper", hough i doubt it because MUH MOVIE RIGHTS

will probably be killed, between several replacements lining up and being "Right" but not this soon, that's finale material.

I wish.

So what we look at is a Male (There is a reason She-Hulk went to Hollywood Coma rather then die, guys and girls alike hate it when women die, remember the Ultimatum Wasp Scene Outrage?), Popular with old fans (for "SHOCK"), that doesn't have a active book, and probably have connection to a "Franchise Character" that needs the extended cast culled.

So Kaine/Scarlet Spider would been a good pick if he is still alive, but last i heard he got killed off recently already when looking up if he was even active.

Anyway, Ulysses "Visions" as presented flawed even on a conceptual level, since "perfect" predictions predicts it will make the prediction and how people react to it and do so until it predicts "perfectly", we MIGHT get that situation with Hulk though, but the second they could "change the future" they disproved it as reliable and unable to be tampered with.

Thank you for this very thorough "Previously on X-men" image, it sums up things pretty nicely.

Well, no one wants the TWO MAIN CHARACTERS to waste time with Civil War stuff. Especially when both of them are being portrayed as idiots in the main book.

I know I questioned how Nova's tie in could happen at all in the timeline, but then I figured it out! Sam's been dead for years, Loeb. You have to let him go.

Who? It has to be someone more well known.

Maybe a new Antman or Yellow Jacket?

So, someone to replace Hank Pym? I know they won't touch the Fantastic Four because of the movie shit. Maybe a new Daredevil?

So like why don't they just use the visions to then monitor the people who are supposedly going to commit crimes and stop them as they are about to do it like every other source of evidence for a crime that will occur?

So he'd get replaced by a 12 year old girl or something? I don't know what ethnicity, unless they're going to keep pushing blacks and muslims for SummerSlam.

Because Marvel heroes aren't about doing the right thing the right way. They just want to show off, even if a lot of the cases are thrown out of court.

You've never heard of Mass Master? On Holla Forums?

But user, how am I supposed to shoe horn in my 'profiling is wrong even though it works immensely' theme if characters act rationally and don't beat up civilians for literal throughtcrime?

1. Slippery slope to tyranny
2. Innocent people died already when it was used
3. Heroes are meant to be react to crime not go and stop people who haven't done anything wrong yet
4. This whole conflict is reminding me a bit of Cry for Justice and i was not okay with it there so i still am not okay with it here
5. Self-fulfilling prophecies are already happening
6. The pro future police side is lead by an idiotic, incompetent cunt
7. Ulysses algorithm predictions are not perfect

… I'm more arround Holla Forums and /tg/, sorry.

Neither I'm too invested in the big two.

I still don't know why the writer would place this AFTER the big lecture from her friend. Of course, I don't get why her friend lectured her on stopping a CRIME IN PROGRESS, when she saved a shit ton of lives.

Pym might be a good pick, especially due the WIFE BEATER stigma (that only exists because the writers just won't let it go.) making him less then wholes to me to the Tumblr audience they want.

That's because everyone think of the Power Pack by their real identities.

And isn't Julie the only one active in 616 (and Lesbian)? Alex worked in Future Foundation last time and i have no idea about Katie and Jack.

Read Power Pack. It's great.

This is the biggest one. If Carol was proceeding with caution, and making sure those under her (like the absurdly impressionable Ms. Marvel) also followed logical guidelines, the only arguments left would be "what if the system becomes corrupt". Which it probably would, eventually. But it's already not being run intelligently, not only are they arresting people BEFORE they commit crimes, they take time out of their day to hassle Wilson Fisk instead of FOLLOW HIM NORMALLY AND STOP RELYING ENTIRELY ON A PRECOG. If fucking Bushwacker can find where Fisk is meeting people, why can't the multitude of heroes?

I love that the entire argument Tony has is "Ulysses MIGHT be racist!", and he actually doesn't really go into the more troubling aspects of future policing. He's using the lamest argument possible, but it works sometimes because all his peers are also idiots.

How about Franklin Richards for the deadpool?

That's fucking great. I'm going to pick up all this shit next time I got to proper comic shop (it's been ages).

that's the biggest problem I have woth this. it's already been proposed by much smarter people, and the argumemt usually goes along the lines of "what if it's wrong/what if the system is corrupt/arresting someone for a crime they haven't (and if you arrest them) WILL NEVER commit"
but no, instead they make a massive fucking pull to compare it to fucking profiling of all things. With no evidence as to whether such a thing is even possible, of course.

The glue holding this whole event together is every single major player making the stupidest and most rash decisions they can in every given circumstance.

So like in Civil War 1?

It's like the only criticism they took from Civil War 1 was hearing people ask "Why is everyone such a violent idiot", so they took out all the violence.

Power Pack is great. Original 62+1 issue run in the 80s and the 2000s series of miniseries are very different, but they're both very fun.

This is all fruitless. DC is Garbage at the moment, but Marvel is the HELL of comic writing.

They pretty much had Molecule Man come out to say "Contenuity shmontinuity. Its all wibbly wobbly whatever. We will write whatever we want".

That's outright spitting into the readers face. I have never read comics that hold such contempt for the audience until now.

I always think about how many angry stories there are about Shooter for running a tight ship back in the day, but now the inmates run the asylum. If I had to choose between happy writers and a happy audience, I don't see how Marvel would make the decisions they've made.

What did they say about having a room full of toys from older generations and doing whatever they want with them?

And even if they didn't there are OTHER arguments, if it is all on ONE fucking person (Ulysses) then Ulysses himself can be compromised or "go bad" and selectively choose what visions to tell, say he saw something he didn't and so on, though i guess the Inhumans would be butthurt by the mere insinuation that one of their could be fallible, if not in power then morally.

Frankly, the way shit is presented it seems like the guy is having visions 24/7 now, yet Tony couldn't get him to have even one earlier.

And if he has all these visions of disaster after disaster and everyone dying and dying (and apparently criminals doing as much as farting) and dying then that sounds like a mindbreak in the making.

He could be a fun bit of character exploration (How are his living conditions, how is he coping with his vision apparently increasing, is the "gratitude" worth it is it cooling off after "His Side" start to take his help for granted?) but is just a plot device and TANK DIDN'T DU NUFIN, US NIGS GET PROFILED SO THIS TRIGGERS ME gets the spotlight.

I think a huge issue is that Editors KNOW they can get away with not actually editing anymore, so we have a situation where a Restaurant has 20 cooks and no menu or (recipe book) and everyone switches who is cooking what every 5 minutes, and they all got hired because they were all in the same frat despite not studying cooking at all.

How.

Innocent people died because in order for the pro-side to be wrong, Carol has to be written like a moron 'I don't care how it works lets punch ppl' incompetent fuck. Despite leading an Avengers team based on her tactician background, innocent people like Rhodey died because Carol sent in Dazzler and some Black Panther to fist fight Thanos. Bruce Banner died because Carol decided to send in everyone to confront the guy who turns into a monster under stressful situations.

Hey, you wanna talk about innocent people dying, how about the celestial attack at the start of this and all the other minor damage prevented through future police? Rhodey and Bruce died due to bad leadership which was an effect of bad writing and shoe-horning in some justification of an anti-stance. If future police wasn't around, the celestial would've killed everyone.

And watch, later in this dumb event, Tony will pull something out of his ass that'll make Ulysses suddenly unreliable and therefore future police is wrong. It's shallow writing.

I see your point, but it doesn't have a lot to stand on. Stopping crime shouldn't just end at punching someone after someone's already been shot. Crime prevention is part of that. Are you seriously telling me that if you knew a violent crime was going to be committed, you wouldn't step in because 'thats not what heroes do'? Don't firefighters tell people to watch what the fuck they're doing with their stoves? Is that also wrong by your standards since no one has actually been burned alive yet?

That's not future police's fault! That's bad writing's fault! If Carol handled Thanos and Hulk the same way the celestial was handled, there wouldn't be an anti-future police leg to stand on. So Marvel is making up some horseshit just so people have some justification to be anti.

Case in fucking point. Suddenly future police is not based on visions, but algorithms. The fuck does that even mean. What's the algorithm percentage of a celestial attacking? Is a Canadian ninja smuggler stealing a tank just easy to predict based on statistics? It's bad writing again. Marvel is pulling a 'Oh yeah, Ulysses is actual wrong because his visions are based off of racism or social media' out of it's dirty, bad writing, asshole in order to still have some debate.

There is no debate when you think about it practically. Future police is the way to go. You might want to live in a world where you wake up not knowing if you'll be murdered by some crazy person in a costume, but I sure don't. Future police! Future police! Future police!

Really?
I though it was the other way around with the pro-side still needing to watch Minority Report to finally get it.

HAHAHAHA They have the black guy say it!! Oh man, I love Marvel.

Never forget.

That's putting it kindly. It's straight up shit writing.

…My dick says yes, but my brain keeps telling me that current Marvel would still find a way to fuck it up somehow.

But think of her lesbian girlfriend, who is also a Hand ninja.

It's Marvel, there would be NOTHING ambiguous about the brown, it would be showed in your face constantly how BROWN she is.

"You can hear my heartbeat, loli Daredevil, but how do I know you aren't just saying I'm lying because I'M BLACK!"

"Xe's right! Due to blacks having a higher risk or heart disease, aren't I just RACIALLY PROFILING Xer?"

Corruption

Yeah right, more like Pro future police needs to watch Minority Report and other stuff that handled the question better before they talk about this

So far Ulysses was only useful twice (Celestial attack and the tank problem) and Carol has totally done stupid shit before (she has been portrayed as bloodthirsty and an alcoholic among other things at some points since was created)

Fuck off. Way to twist my words you twit, I meant Superheroes shouldn't arrest someone just for thinking about doing something bad and if they want to be sure no crime happen then follow the person around if it DOES look like that person will commit a crime then okay

Yeah until it fucked up and showed the wrong fucking hulk

Fucking wrong again, you pro future police have leg to stand so again you should be watching stuff like Minority Report and other stuff that already handled the question

There is no debate when you think about it practically. Future police is the way to go. 1/2

You might want to live in a world where you wake up not knowing if you'll be jailed by some crazy person in a costume for thinking something that person doesn't like, but I sure don't.

0/10 stop supporting tyranny

2/2

It's sad that arguments on a message board are this much more thought out than anything even remotely touched upon in this "event" so far. Not to mention I think some reveal will invalidate everything anyway, next issue.

There is only one solution. Make Ulysses BLACK!

Everybody knows they can't be racist!

So the story should be about the characters travelling to find Bendis so he could do what he loves most:

Race fetishizing Giving roles to people of color!

As for future reading, has anybody alerted the general public about this? How many crimes would be pre-measurably prevented by just the notion that the heroes know about their actions?

Like I wouldn't punish people for uncreated crimes. Maybe get them some therapy at worst.

This is a very good op

Its gunna be iron man so they can replace him with teenage black girl

It's better than Civil War 2.

Killed off in a gratuitously edgy manner by the main villain of the next major event, both for the cheap shock value and to show the cis-white male villain being 'hardkore evuhl' in order to make the asshole heroes look better.

During the same event, Spider-Woman is de-aged to become a 15-year-old girl so that the writer on her book can make heavy-handed political statements about single teenage mothers, and then loli Daredevil is made an Avenger and they start dating.

A year after that, another writer tries to inject more cheap drama into the book by having the dead lesbian loli ninja come back from the dead, but keep ruining the tension by having everybody involved in the storyline engage in nonstop quips and memeing. It's eventually revealed that her corpse was actually possessed by the ghost of Typhoid Mary as the consequences of a mystic ritual gone awry, and Doctor Strange makes a cameo in the third act in order to promote his new movie and helps Loli Daredevil put her old love's body back to rest.

Then the book is finally canceled when sales drop low enough and its revealed that Matt Murdock was just on vacation or something, and he adopts loli Daredevil as his daughter when he returns, because of some supposed massive fan demand to keep her on in the series that ComicsAlliance keeps assuring people exists among the Marvel comics audience.

Can I be a writer for Marvel Comics now? :^)

But loli Daredevil is both blind and black herself. Wouldn't it eventually be revealed that xe was just a cis white man in blackface makeup and a dress the whole time?

HIRED!
PROMOTED!

She's a female POC. She'll rejenn just fine.

I also have a great idea for Civil War III. Basically, you take all the really toxic and problematic heroes that Marvel has left, and you have them switch places with more politically-correct, non-shitlord counterparts from a universe that's currently undergoing both of the first two Civil Wars at the same time.

The heroes that were swapped in try to continue their fighting at first, but they soon show their superiority to their original counterparts by deciding on their own to sit down and talk their problems through, and just when they've solved everything, they have to get all of the 616 universe's non-shitlord heroes and go back to their home universe, because the shitlord heroes got dragged into the Civil Wars and made everything worse, and now the alternate Earth is going to blow up in a way that will take the main-universe Earth out with it for some reason.

The shitlord heroes learn the error of their ways, and publicly apologize for their former wrong think opinions before bravely sacrificing themselves to save both Earths, and the more PC-friendly counterparts end the Civil War and start performing hero activities on both Earths, effectively replacing all the problematic lost heroes. Also, all of the tie-in issues are about the new PC-friendly counterparts, and how they're better than the heroes they will be replacing in every way.

This is sure to be a top-selling event and most definitely will not have any sort of horrible reception at all.

Well, you might as well just write all the books at this point!

Pym's currently in Uncanny Avengers, getting the shit kicked out of him by deadpool.

as far as I can tell Pymtron and the uncanny avengers have nothing to do with the 'civil war 2: this is terrible' arc.

Alas, one person alone would not be able to keep up with the colossal effort required to personally write on every single one of Marvel's fine lineup of comic books all at once. The closest I could get to that would be getting made Chief Editor for the company, so that I could hand down mandates and work with other authors personally to make sure that they'd write the right kind of stories under my tenure.

And since I'd have to retire eventually, I know how I'd end things, too. I'd have a big reveal in whatever the most popular books at the time are where we'd remind people of the 616 timeline's brief brush with the Cancerverse a few years back, and then reveal that the 616 timeline contracted multiversal cancer at the time, and now the cancer has metastasized. Then, I'd mandate a company-wide story arc called Decline where we'd cut our authors loose and let them spend a year telling the darkest, edgiest stories they can come up with, before ending it all in one big event called The Death of Marvel that I would write personally. In this event, it would be revealed that the multiversal cancer caused the 616 Universe to be turned into another Marvel Zombies universe, and every single Marvel hero would die, one by one, either during the event or in the tie-in issues. Eventually, by the end, the stars themselves would gutter and die, and all would fade to black.

And after ending my run as Editor in Chief by having it coincide with the literal death of the Marvel universe, I'm sure to be remembered as the greatest Editor of all time, so I'll be sure to help out my replacement's career by leaving a note on his desk on the way out about the Phoenix Force and the Infinity Gems, or something else he can use to get the universe going again.

Oh, and I'll be sure to stir up a big mob on Twitter if he tries to undo the work of all our fine black and female authors by retconning away any of the events that happened during the Decline story arc. Those have to remain set in stone forever.

And I think I'll stop now, before I myself contract cancer from writing out all this shit.

I feel like we could probably make some sort of fun forum game out of this sort of thing, though. Everyone cooperates to plot out The Next Big Marvel Event by taking turns contributing a single sentence at a time, maybe?

I think I died a bit on the inside reading that.

Only part of that I liked. Mostly because I like when superheroes adopt children. Although, I can only think of Batman and maybe Drax.

Which book this happens? This really happened?

Then that's a good sign that it's probably the sort of plot twist that actual modern marvel writers would come up with. Be sure to stay on the lookout for All-New All-Different Teenage Single Mother Spider-Woman in 2017.

Me too, actually. I tried inserting the stuff about ComicsAlliance to make it more cancerous, but I actually like the basic idea of Daredevil adopting some super-powered blind orphan child. It could lead to some good potential storylines if handled by a competent writer.

Great, you guys got me thinking about how cool that could be, if handled by anyone except modern Marvel writers.

Coming to your local comics vendor in the near future kids!

All New All Different galactus.

He encounters molecule man who pretty much comments:

"Yeah the continuity is messed up. Dead people are alive, Alive People are Dead. Watever. WIBBLY WOMBLEY! CAT IN A BOX! MULTIVERSE AINT GOTTA EXPLAIN SHIT!"

So anybody gonna storytime shit?

I hope so. I'd love to see just how unrelated some of these tie ins get.

Just say that it was in Ultimates #6, man. Don't need to go all ironic with this shit.

Well, that's obvious. I meant someone else. Another old time hero beloved by the audience with a catchy and well known name Marvel could exploit to promote some political statement character.

hey, only recently got into comics. been a DC and indie fag for ~1 year now

is now a good time to jump in on Marvel?
or should I wait for this event to end?

You should just read Marvel from the 80s, and stop when you get bored. Or if you can make it upto Infinity Gauntlet, that would be a great wrap up.

yeah, maybe that's the smart thing to do.

it's just that, with everyone on the internet shitting their pants over recent Marvel events, I dunno, I might feel like I'm missing out on stuff

Pick a character you want to follow and I'll look up some torrents for you for them.

Otherwise this and if you want blue balls Secret Invasion/Dark Reign/Civil War. All are good premises but end fucking terribly and leave you not only blue balled but with crushed nuts.

No, now is not a good time. Wait until October when the next crop of books hit. Pass the time by reading older material.

What I hate most isn't how stupid she's acting, it the fact that Marvel is trying to turn her into their own Superman.

If I were a Civilian living the 616 universe I'd do everything to become Lex Luthor & help Tony create a kick ass 'Capt Marvel Buster' suit of armor.

Failing that, I'd recreate the carcinogenic explosive that Nitro created to to drop the original Captain.

Honestly, I'm sorry if our ranting makes you think reading more of this would actually be fun, especially to a new reader. Even the stuff where we pick things apart is mostly fun because we've known these characters for years. We've been there for the highs and lows, the good runs and the bad. The bit of enjoyment I get from picking part this mess of an event is because it gives me an excuse to talk about characters I loved, when I loved them most.

So if you want that feeling, the one you're really missing out on, we'll recommend some old stuff, the stuff that made each of us love these characters years ago. I could tell you of Mark Gruenwald, who was considered a human encyclopedia of comic canon (both Marvel and DC), who wrote Captain America for 10 years, or how amazing Chris Claremont's 17 year run on X-Men was at weaving in and out of plot threads. The ups and downs of Peter David's 12 year run, and how good runs tend to lasted longer than they do today simply because the writers LOVED these characters so much. So I am very sincere when I say you'd get more enjoyment from some old books, because a lot of older stories have a more care and love for the characters, and a more timeless feel. There are of course missteps, many in fact, but overall I think you'll find a higher quality of story, even if older methods of coloring and printing make the art feel much older.

user. it's everyone taking a shit ON the recent marvel events, not their pants over them.

No, not even the SJWs, they wear diapers that they shit down because check your bowel control privilege.

I'm too lazy to make a fucking webm, but this video is about event fatigue, and it goes over a lot of opinions I share, and opinions I've seen here. The core of it being that Marvel's repeated, retcon filled events just make it harder to follow or care about individual characters. So the sales boost they get now will result in less and less readers in the future, it really feels like Marvel will eventually alienate their entire audience.

It also goes a bit into how events were handled in the 90s and such, which I definitely feel were better. Infinity Gauntlet was not only set up over 18 issues of Silver Surfer and a 2 part Thanos mini, EVERY THANOS STORY before it helped build up who this villain was. Civil War? Just sorta happened one day. Civil War 2? Ulysses just sorta showed up one day (though, yes, I know the mist floating around changing random people was developed, but I don't yet know if him being a "wild" inhuman actually matters). These are just short ideas with little set up, and what set up is there is sometimes retconned in. Anyway, just thought this would have a few things people could discuss (maybe someone else who isn't lazy will make a webm).

wtf

Sad that this guy defends Iron Nigger and Bendis

It is. Actually, a lot of the comic channels I follow honestly have pretty shit taste, but at least they mostly focus on giving me the news. I may roll my eyes at their opinions a lot, but sometimes they're not terrible.

So, any chance of anyone storytiming the Wolverine tie-in? I want to see for myself how badly they've fucked up Laura's personality in recent times.

Someone posted some panels recently of X-23 acting like a bog standard perky hero grill, but I think that thread dropped off so I can't repost them.

Still you are probably better off not seeing what's happened to her as of late.

Why don't they just tell Whedon to write all the books instead of Bendis, if everyone is going to become Buffy anyway?

They actually already called atention to his race.

Bendis never watched Minority Report

Got the rest of this comic, I want to see how bad all the tie ins are.

Didn't Whedon have DRAMA and basically quit because Avengers 2 was sexist and Tumblristas bullied him or something?

But they probably would if they could.

Yeah, he's totally a part of the cult now. He even claimed the feminists didn't bully him after. Which is funny because the reason he originally was considered a good writer of women, is because he focused on making them CHARACTERS who happen to be women, not WOMEN who happen to be characters. But that doesn't work with SJWs, because he wasn't aware enough of how the dialog for a WOMAN character could come off, and they fucked him.

I enjoyed his X-Men run though. Not sure he still has something that good in him or not, but he's gotta be better than Brian Michael "what's characterization?" Bendis.

BRAVO MARVEL
You dumb fucks can't even rip off Minority Report correctly.

Not black enough. Bendis can't masturbate to him if he isn't black.

Also Minority report is pretty stupid as well, but that's a whole other story. Million times smarter then this at least.

Yeah, I wish it was only as stupid as Minority Report. Bendis found a way to take something that already wasn't an amazing idea for an event, and made it worse.

Dude, i'm hispanic myself and i find this shit insulting.

And i don't mean "oh i'm a gringo and my parents were from mexico/cuba" hispanic. I mean "i actually still live on a hispanic country" hispanic.

And seriously, this is why we have to trust this guy? I'm feeling bad for Tony already. He is going to lose just because he is white. And he is the one on the right!

People here keep mentioning Minority Report.

I think Bendis thought about it to, he just took the title literally.

That little inhuman bitch knows.

Are they going to address the fact that the only thing Ulysses ever sees is gloom and doom now and how that's peculiar?

I admit that I've never actually read Spiderman, but I thought he was supposed to be the everyman's sort of hero.

This is the exhumed corpse of spiderman walking around here.

It's a neat concept but the worst superhero to do it with.

Not anymore, Satan. I think it's has to do with this all new business. Peter's a big time tech CEO now.

And thats it! Fuck it. Fuck it all to hell!

BTW. CWII Amazing spiderman #02 is already out.

Do you guys want to read it?

I'm really getting tired of Ulysses the wise cracking psychic superhero who's always right, always has a snarky comment, who can never get into trouble. The man who's too cool to wear a costume, who's also latino and, knowing marvel, probably gay.

just hearing his name is tiring at this point. What a fucking gary stu.

Yes, show us.

I never thought i would miss the days of Karolina Dean being marvel's most notorious faggot.

Yes, she was ham fisted and some time she had her SJW moments. But at least most of the time they were subtle with the message god dammit.

Why not.

So.. does his predictions take into account the reaction that happens when he makes them? Couldn't he just use his power to tell the right people the right thing at the right time to nullify all problems in the future forever?

Thats the suposed conflict of Civil War II.

Thats the stance Carol has on it.

Tony is smart however (and also saw Minority Report), and knows that the future is not fixed on one place, and that one can change it.

The thing is. Carol is part of the ultimates ""GALACTUS JUST EXPLAINED THIS TO HER""

Remember, if Bendis didn't write it, he didn't read it. And if Bendis did write it, he probably forgot.

kek

Well, Ulysses is ALMOST a character here. At least we know what ethnicity he is… but it's not much. It's more than the main book, but I still don't care about this kid.

He's just kind of a guy saying hi to people and going "whoa watch out spidey!" but this is possibly one of the least bad comics to come out of this awful event, I guess.

That's a cool explanation that I enjoy, shame it will probably be ignored.

In fact, a competent writer would pull in that idiotic Mandela effect that's in vogue right now and justify all future continuity errors. Alternate timelines that are close to each other eventually merge so that people might remember things that never happened or forget things that did.

Instead it will result in something idiotic, won't it?

you know who was a better character with the same gimmick?

Layla Miller. She knew things.

But she was white cis and hetero

So rather than a possible actual difference of opinion that causes problems by everyone acting retarded like the original Civil War, Civil War 2 is a "problem" that has an obvious solution (treat the visions like any other piece of evidence ever and use it to find proof a crime will be committed or stop crimes as they are attempted) that should appeal to all but those who are completely crazy that just gets ignored entirely?

Actually that's exactly what they did.

And I would prefer NO continuity errors and retcons instead of "Fuck you, I write what I want BITCH!".

You know, I was just thinking about that.

Also a way better representation of such a power. I can only really remember the first few issues with her, where she set things up to occur a certain way.

Seems like she had the good sense not talk about it.

I guess you're right. I'm thinking of the little continuity errors and retcons that, you know, a competent writer or company would have. Like a character saying he was poisoned but really he inhaled some fumes from a corrosive chemical.

Current marvel… great, now you have me actively dredding what Bendis is going to do with this. Batten down the hatches, continuity is overboard and we're hitting a perfect shitstorm.

Like I can get your point. To possibly change which color underpands captain smarmy was wearing when he fought lord jackass.

But its being used for lazy storytelling like: "Wasn't Cap Dead? Why is he back now? But of he is back and Fit again why doesn't he have the classic shield?"

"Uhhhh. FUCK YOU CATS IN A BOX!"

The concept would work a lot better if this were not Peter Parker, who's first lesson was that using his powers to make money instead of helping others is bad, but instead Alex Power as assistant to Mr. Fantastic.

One of Alex's big character points in his original series was coming to terms with how futile just beating up street thugs was in regards to "saving the world". "Use your powers to advance science and save countless lives" is entirely in character for him.

What the fuck am I reading?

Wait. Are they literally passing Ulysses (Hispanic? With that fucking name? At least call him Jesus or Juan for fucks sake) like a fucking village bicycle? Does he need to be at a specific distance? Thanos incident proved that wrong. What the fuck reason is there for Ulysses to move anywhere? Seems to be forced into the spot like cause his actual presence is non existent.

IKR

Or at least use the spanish pronunciation. Down here, we would call him "Ulises"

If I was writing Ulysses, I think I'd make him wear a bathrobe and some boxers most the time.

I'd make him a little crude and unpleasant to be around, a little abrasive, someone who can see a characters bullshit and calls them out on it as he's dispensing life saving policy, and the heroes have to eat his critique because he's directing them to save more lives than they could on their own.

Someone who sits around the ultimates watch tower eating their food and watching the news and loudly talks about his politics as part of his price in dispensing vital future knowledge.

I think this would have been way more interesting than a t-shirt and jeans superhero dickrider who's a fan of literally everybody.

So, kind of like Spider Jerusalem?

Having a character who is a sort of audience stand-in becomes awkward when you've got a series that this well known.

From his perspective, Superheroes and Villains are commonplace, every day, mundane things. They are like cops and soldiers, just out doing a job.

No one in the real world has a favorite cop or soldier whose face they wear on t-shirts and put on mugs.

Shit like Kamala writing fan-fiction and blogging about the avengers like they are just fictional characters comes off as creepy.. Like, faggots on Holla Forums obsessing over some Disney channel child star's feet creepy.

mixed with The Dude yeah.

Well, his abrasiveness wouldn't come from breaking the 4th wall or anything like that. its more from him actually getting glimpses of these heroes lives so he sees their faults as well as their triumphs and seeing these are just normal people with powers who put on a lot of airs

That facepalm cover sums it all up perfectly doesn't it?

Could the Cho Hulk tie-in be storytimed when it comes out, i want to see shit hit the fan after the "heroes" fucked up

I'll post it when it comes out.

I hope cho wants as much murder as me when he finds out banner is dead

Okay, story time

And thats it

I already like this better than a lot of the other stuff. Hell, the whole event seems covered better so far than in anything else. We have a clear moral question, and Peter actually isn't enough of a fucking idiot to act rashly (at least not yet). Why is Bendis allowed to write books if they have real writers?

I also love seeing this guy's life be shit. Makes me feel better.

same, I hate this the least

I agree, this is way better. I mean someone actually sat down and took the time to think about consequence for rashly using the word of a precog and how it might lead to self fulfilling prophecies.

now we just need someone to actually go over what it means to prosecute someone before they commit a crime. and possibly mention how much of a 4th amendment breach it is to look into someones future life.

I'm not familiar with this character, but his outfit is positively OUTRAGEOUS, and I like it.

This isn't an issue. There is no moral dilemma. There are already legal procedures covering exactly what to do about this situation.

Just do exactly what you would do if you heard from any other source somebody was planning to commit a crime.

In the real world, if somebody is planning to detonate a bomb and they are stopped based on a tip off, we do not question the morality of convicting them of a crime they never got the chance to commit. We prosecute them as terrorists. It should be the same here.

New theory: Ulysses' power isnt to PREDICT the future, as much as it is to CAUSE it.

Wait.. was that done before? I feel like it was done before.

In the real world you still need enough evidence that someone wanted to blow himself up to convict him.
Otherwise he'll go free if all you got was a tip, but during the bust no explosives or similar were found.

In germany a guy was recently convicted to 2,5 years for endagering the public by having a massive amount of chemicals at home that could potentially explode.
He wanted to build a bomb of it, that's pretty much clear, since plans for it were found.
Yet he didn't build it yet, so he couldn't be prosecuted for a crime that he wanted to commit, but didn't.

Fucking wow. Is anybody else seeing the spoilers in the preview? They are pretty clearly working together to fight the robots. I wonder if the writer has any input on this. I'd be pretty pissed if I wrote the closest thing to readable literature to come out of CW2 and someone just plastered my twists all over the covers.

It could be a bluff. The "cooperation" cover might lead us to believe that they work together, but the reality is that he takes up competitive baby raping as a hobby.

For the love of god let the reformed bad guy remained reformed. That's my favorite archetype and I just wish they would let it be.

A cheap gag, but it works.

This however, is stupid.

I love that it's an old theme that dates all the way back to the early Stan Lee days of the book. It's an archetype that is easy to cheer on.

Yeah, it's not amazing, but it's workable.

The art is pretty bleh, especially the backgrounds. It's better than a lot of the crap Marvel passes off as art and it's possible the artist could be good years down the line, but not good.

But user, in addition to earning the minority, female, and LGBLT readership, they need to appeal to alcoholics as well!

Civil War II is just alcoholic vs alcoholic

I'd like to see this shit resolved with a whiskey duel ala "Raiders of the Lost Ark".

Is Marvel saying hispanics can't be racist, too? That's racist. They can be just as prejudiced as anybody else.

Most hispanic people are extremely prejudiced against darker hispanic people.

Some black people are like that, too.

I can vouche for this. I seen a latino friend of mine employ discriminatory policies with his hiring and loaning practices. He always get away with it, even after a investigation. When it came to blacks he will ensure to get them so deep into his pocket that they be force to give up their property to him.

I think that'd be more viable if the entire second issue hadn't been telegraphing the recidivist heel turn.

Also this. It's why I like Venom in the 90's cartoon. I can see them trying to paint a realistic picture of someone trying to make it with a criminal record (see also, the Ant-Man movie), but that's also inherently flawed in this unrealistic world. Either way, I don't think an idealistic hero like Spider-Man is the book to tackle that in.

I think he won't turn, or if he does, he'll realize his mistake but it will be a tragic resolution. Factors against this turning out happy are: white character, tragic recidivist narrative, and his awesome costume design*.
Factors pro: this writer seems to be intent on an engaging story, anti-future crime narrative.

*Why isn't this guy moonlighting in graphic design? The logos on his suit are really cool.

The dumbest thing about the whole "prejudice" angle is:

What the fuck does that have to do with the guy predicting Thanos or a Celestial coming to earth?

Was the guy trolling through Thanos social media accounts to see if he was on his way to earth? Is he prejudiced against Jack Kirby's solo work?

Thanos:

There is still a bigger issue though. If prejudice is how it works than the future visions are his creation. Not a vision of what is to happen. So now we have a God creating fate for people. So it's not visions but j.u.s.t a w.r.i.t.e.r. l.i.t.e.r.a.l.y. p.r.o.j.e.c.t.i.n.g h.i.m.s.e.l.f

Oh jesus fucking christ please don't let this be so.

From what I could figure out from what we've seen so far, Ulysses' power basically seems to be Laplace's Demon, except that quantum indeterminacy means that he can only figure out what the most likely future is, rather than having the certain knowledge of the future that living in a purely deterministic universe would afford him.

Iron Man's problem then seems to be that he doesn't know the exact mechanism by which Ulysses determines which outcome is the most likely one, or whether or not that mechanism can be influenced by extraneous factors. And of course, the politically minded retards writing for modern Marvel can't come up with any compelling arguments from that beyond 'But what if Ulysses is RACIST?!'

Which is pretty sad, because it seems like there's a much more interesting case to be made for the possibility that supervillains might try influencing what Ulysses sees for their own gain. Like, Red Skull could shield Hydra from his vision while at the same time turning him into a recruiting tool by also making sure he can't see Islamic terrorists who are about to commit massacres, for example. Or if the writer for Captain America really wants to keep jacking off to images of black people doing nothing wrong, Tony could have brought up the possibility of someone trying to stir up even more racial tension in the United States by making it so that a black person was shown committing the crime in Ulysses' visions any time a white person was actually the culprit.

Toss in a line about Carol Danvers being the one who got Rhodey killed because she's like a kid with a new toy who thinks future sight is going to be an instant win button for all problems everywhere, and suddenly Tony's side of the fight might actually have a decent argument backing them up.

This is what the kingpin story is about. he has a man who ulysses cannot see. Which means that stuff that happens around anti-ulyssees would cause a butterfly effect that ripples outside of that bubble, changing events and making his visions innacurate.

For instance, Ulysses has a vision of a man committing murder, but before he does kingpin has him killed. Thus you have contradictions that make Ulysses unreliable. Right now these effects are minor, but eventually there could be a major deviance that could throw Ulysses out of whack entirely.

What if war machine isn't dead because he went up against thanos but because the anti-Ulysses placed a stone that caused him to trip slightly forward, into Thanos blow taking more blunt force from his attack? What if that same pebble and balance shift is what caused War Machine to shoot a missile that she hulk takes in the tit?

Not to mention that the Kingpin could use this to set up "no good path" scenarios where the only visions Ulysses gets are choices between bad and worse causing the entire system to fail from subterfuge and sabotage from over-reliance on it

It is entirely possible to cheat this system that Carol seems to be placing blind faith that it is 100% accurate.

Even without Janus, the way Ulysses' power works means that time travelers can dodge his visions, so long as they don't stick around in the past or future for too long. That's the sort of thing Dr. Doom could exploit pretty easily.

But he'll be too busy being Iron Man.

And what does Iron Man have to focus on? Getting reading for Civil War 3, where some other interesting idea is turned into the worst take on a social issue you've ever imagined

yeah but why would a 15 year old black girl give a shit about civil war 3? Unless its black lives matter themed.

Nope, next headline to turn into a half assed event is…. hmm… #BREXIT

So however you can turn a completely absurd comic plot into being an allegory for why #BREXIT was wrong or some shit. Also there will be refugees. Skrull refugees or something… or did they already do that?

you know I could think of an interesting story involving intergalactic migrants where most first world countries would try to keep them out and keep their nations for humans only, but places like china and the norks would be all "Welcome blorfnaf! Please come, bring your family! We'll settle you in a special camp for your kind!"

And then the norks and the chinese get a tech boost from the ayys. not to mention all the boost their genetics programs could get. China could figure out how to get a country of 2 billion mutants.

But marvel, especially this marvel would never do anything this clever with the topic.

That's the lovely thing about time travel. You can make as much room in your schedule as you want for hobbies and still get in to work on time.

It'll mean giving more screen time to the X-Men, but they could always have whichever of the two Shi'ar empresses that isn't on the throne at the moment decide to secede from the empire. And then they leave to found their own empire, and conquer some ask rum worlds, sending a bunch of Skrull refugees out into space, perhaps? And then the Skrull Queen asks if Earth can take on a few hundred thousand new interstellar immigrants, and we get teenage black girl Iron Man vs Victor von Iron Man for Civil War 3.

Fucking auto-correct.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I picture. Because Iron Man vs Iron Man is really the only way to escalate these events at this point.

Too bad Victor would be absolutely right in everything he did and said, but in the end somehow Riri wins. Because she's a 15 year old black girl, and Bendis is writing.

What if they had Spiderman decide that "With great power comes great responsibility" means that he needs an adequate amount of power to match his galactic responsibilities, and starts using his Parkertech to replicate the abilities of other heroes to the point where Spiderman becomes godlike? His status as always being the team moral compass will protect him from any accusations of wrongful intent, but when he starts doing some morally gray things, the other side would be arguing about absolute power corrupting absolutely.

It would be a metaphor for how the United States of America started as the plucky country who could and then swelled into the monster that it is today.

You know what. I'm actually insterested on that. Because he has been "trying to be better" since before Secret Wars.

I really want to see what he will do.

I hate comic exposition dialogue. It's so forced and bad. There are several ways to do it outside of a long, drawn out sentence like this. Especially when comic books now have an introduction page in each issue to catch readers up. Don't Marvel writers know better by now?

Did he just not respond to his parents until 18 minutes later after he finished eating and then walked over to the kitchen?

A recorder that can pick up leftover soundwaves picks up the conversation from days ago perfectly, but not the dozens of other conversions or ambient noises or farts in that room that happened within that time?

Overall, it was a hell of a lot better than anything else we've seen in the last thread. I wouldn't call it good, but not so bad.

Just be happy this isn't a Kate Leth deal.

Yet.

And then once they've done that, the only way to escalate things beyond that will be World War Iron Man. An event where they take the dream of 'an Iron Man suit for everyone' and make it real.

Plus some heavy-handed allegory for gun control, because modern Marvel.

Isn't there going to be a Hellcat Civil War tie-in?

I can somehow see this going through.

That's right, you need evidence to secure a conviction. That's fair.

Let's simplify this down to two cases of murder; pre-meditated and impassioned.

In the former, we have someone sick and twisted enough to deliberately plot out how to kill someone. He'll have a motive, acquire a weapon, decide a time and a place, work out how to dispose of the body, any of these could be picked up and used in a prosecution for conspiracy to murder.

In the other case, impassioned murder, let's assume that the potential killer came home to discover infidelity, or was involved in a fight that got very out of hand, or something along those lines. There was never any plan to kill, but things could go bad and someone could end up dead. In these cases, it would be better, I think, to tap the person on the shoulder, say "Don't go in there" and perhaps offer some psychological counselling for aggression.

"But," you may well ask, "what if the killer doesn't neatly fit into one of those two categories? What if there's insufficient evidence to convict a definite premeditated murderer? What if the justice system fails?" Just put a little faith in the courts to sort things out. They may not be perfect, but if the prosecution can't turn up any evidence that the defendant was actually planning to commit a crime, then I'd call that a win for everyone, on the grounds that the heroes butterfly effected away any such intention from ever forming.

I don't read capes, but something tells me a woman came up with this idea.

"An armored society is a polite society."

I guess I'll story time the X-men stuff. Anyone know a quicker way to save all images on a page, this is taking me a while doing them one at a time.

Anyway, the mutants are still angry about that mist that kills and neuters them. For some reason. Unless THEY'RE FUCKING RICH!

Everyone dies, the end. It was a good issue, short and sweet.

Why does Iceman look like that? Can he just not look like that?

And here this tie in establishes it's angle… and I'm left wondering why it isn't a part of the main book. Considering Mutants and Inhumans fighting over who gets to be the stand in for everyone ever oppressed would be almost interesting. Too bad we know who'd win, due to movie rights.

End of issue 1. I'll do issue 2 in a bit.

RUN, HIPSTER, RUN! THE BROOD ARE A COMIN'!

Something about how Captain Marvel is punching that first Brood is really funny to me. Also some poser in a Punisher shirt. I bet she's never even killed a single drug dealer.

And here Nightcrawler makes a better argument against rampant, unchecked use of Ulysses than ANYTHING in the main book. It's almost like this book has a real writer on it, instead of something like Bendis.

So the whole concept of Magneto coming after the Inhumans… that seems KINDA IMPORANT. But it's not even hinted at in the main book. Is that seriously just because they're phasing out the X-men that hard?

I didn't mind this tie in at all. It, like the Spiderman one, does highlight why I HATE the main book. The main book is awful wasted potential. What do you guys think?

I think that a event about the Inhumans and X-men fighting each other and then escalating to a new Civil War with other heroes is more interesting than what we got, a event from fucking nowhere.

But, yes, the story is better written in the tie-in.

damn it, this inhuman vs. x-men angle is way, way more interesting than everything else we've seen.

From what I've heard about previous events, having the tie-ins be better than the main book has apparently been par for the course at Marvel for a while. This is probably the first time the main event has been quite this bad, though.

Wasted potential is absolutely the right way to describe this.

I don't know if I should be happy or sad that uncanny avengers doesn't have a tie in with this.

On the one hand, I like the book and not being a part of this and doing their own thing is probably better for the comic, and it means they aren't getting tapped for any superhero deaths or hamfisted political writing or anything.

On the other hand, not having a tie in makes the book seem outside and unimportant to everything, and some of these tie ins are ok as far as dealing with the topic at hand goes.

I think it's probably because they have cable who's from the future, and he could ruin everything by saying how this shitshow turns out or something.'

You can't give into that mentality, simply because that's what Marvel wants you to think. They want you too feel like you NEED the event, like it's all that matters. Even though, all the events of Civil War II will be forgotten in a few years, easily.

See, right there he hits the nail on the head. What was Xavier's range of influence when he used Cerebro, again? How many other astounding psychics have we seen in Marvel? How many supergenius technowizards are there? How many evil groups have a few billion dollars to throw at a fast track to global domination?

A whole shitload, that's how many.

Putting a top tier psychic into a cerebro-like machine is a huge power play, but he normally can't get everyone that matters and would just get beaten by the plucky band whom he dismissed as not worth the effort. But if they only need to control one person? One impressionable teenager that spends 99% of his day in areas that don't protect him against psychic attacks?

It's too bad that there isn't a huge psychic showdown happening in the mindscape between all the evil telepath's that want to rule. That would be awesome.

If you're gonna have your characters ramble off exposition at least have someone ask ,"What the hell are those!". This comes off as so rigid.

It really feels like something that should have been done in narration. But modern comics don't do narration so… yeah.

So the whole stolen Minority Report-idea is deemed bad in Civil War 2 because their futureteller gets the visions of his future from Facebook and Twitter. Thats the dumbest fucking thing ever.

I don't think we actually know what the problem with it yet, only that there is a problem

last mainbook had tony discovering something but it didn't say what

The real problem with this power, is that it's retarded to build up all this drama around it.

There, we're done here. Life goes on. Profiling already exists, and is a useful tool when used to enhance traditional investigative methods. But these awful hacks don't get that. It's like when the Red Skull spouts FACTUAL TRUTHS, but they expect you to treat him as the bad guy because FACTS go against your beliefs.

*Algorithms? Seriously? Just so you can draw ham-fisted parallels to predictive analysis in the real world? I already hate over-explained powers, but now you are over-explaining to push your narrative, a double whammy of vomit.

See THAT'S an argument Nightcrawler. Fucking dammit why is Bendis still allowed out of his cage?

They expect you to treat him like the bad guy because he's been established as one of decades. Diatribes on the refugee crisis are just another means to an end for him.

So, I've heard there's some new tie-in for this out involving Vision and another self-fulfilling prophecy. Anybody know anything about that?

Looks who make an appearance in the Nova tie-in…

Who is that? Can you story time the whole thing?

Okay.

The end.

Also, you should read Nextwave, user. It's a lot of fun.
youtube.com/watch?v=Xuosmf1_mKs

I honestly don't mind this story. I'm not in love with it, but it's a nice simple story of Nova feeling left out because all the heroes are absorbed in other shit. It doesn't actually need to be a Civil War II tie in AT ALL though, though I suppose it helps that there is some event going on that he feels isolated from. Pacing could use some work, just because I think the fight could have taken less pages and left more time for the talks with The Captain or his mom, which are obviously the core of the story. So yeah, I'm not rushing out to buy the book or anything, but I'm not angry after I'm done reading (which is how the main book makes me feel).

You're right, I kept hearing it was really good but never got around to reading it.

Machine Man's coming back in Deadpool's new team

Is that Negasonic Teenage Warhead?
Yeah.

Bitch, you ain't even got wisdom supreme yet, I'm just as skeptical about Deadpool, but I'm not going to respect your opinion.

Who the hell is that low-budget deadpool knockoff next to Domino?

I assumed it was the mutant Jesus girl, whom I believe movie Negasonic's design was based on.

I believe that's Masacre, a former Mexican priest who was inspired by Deadpool. His original appearance was in Deadpool #3.1, which I think was originally published entirely in Spanish.

As it happens….

Jesus christ.

fuck that cuck ellis

please let it be Emma Frost please let it be Emma Frost
I haven't read Marvel since Marvel NOW! so can anyone fill me up on what the fuck happened to Emma Frost (I know that Scott died for a while, and that the Phoenix Five powers were broken as well)

I haven't been following comics lore since like Ultimate Spider-man 100.
So…
>Magnetto is now edgier than ever and is leading the X-men because… Hulk didn't kill him in WWH, so when did they kill off another straight formerly disabled white male?

I am so glad I dropped comics when I did. I come by /storytime/ during nightshifts or slow work days like today

I spoke too soon.
I got about half right and half turned out to even worse than I expected be worse.

Wasn't magneto all about THE NEXT STAGE OF EVOLUTION! And it was ok or mutants to replace humans, but it's not ok for inhumans to replace mutants?

Well, HE isn't a Inhuman, so OBVIOUSLY they aren't the superior replacer (OY VEY).

But really the whole "Inhumans are then new Mutants" shit is so godawful it is silly.

That all the books involving Inhumans since then that i tried reading have been terribly written and made them unlikable as fuck (whether on purpose or not) doesn't help.

And neither does the transparent as hell reason that they only do/did it for the fucking movies (Have Inhuman rights, Doesn't have X-men rights), Gee, no impact on comics? riiiight.

its marvel what do you expect?

I think older stuff, long before this recent status quo, is where to go if you want enjoyable Inhumans stories. Another aspect is they never really seemed like "heroes" but it really was about them being a royal family, for good or bad. They do what is best for Inhumans, and that wasn't always what was good for other people, and it wasn't always clear the best way to proceed. Jenkins and Lee's Marvel Knights Inhumans book was really good, if you got time to check it out.

I don't know how or why they got to the point where Blackbolt isn't around, but I find it a huge misstep. Blackbolt was the key to the entire concept, to me, the silent king whose power was so great his merest utterance could fell a nation… that's fucking awesome. A king who has to make very measured use of his power, along with the vast power of his nation of super humans. There was one story where all he did while the other Inhumans fought was stand there, as a deterrent to keep Sentry from entering the fight. And Sentry stood by, because it simply wasn't worth the amount of destruction Blackbolt could cause. The Black Bolt/Medusa marriage is one of the single most interesting relationships in comics, so again I don't know what stories they think they can tell that are more engaging than that.

The drive to turn them into the replacement for mutants is completely ill thought out and forced. They're trying to make poor use of an idea that was never meant to fill this role.

Okay, here is Civil War II: Ulysses
readcomics.net/civil-war-ii-ulysses-infinite/chapter-1/1
I'd just story time it, but I think it's a digital comic or something, so it has 69 "pages" to chapter 1.

Let's check it out and see if Ulysses is a real character yet.

And here is chapter 2 (I found it easier just to load the entire chapter)
readcomics.net/civil-war-ii-ulysses-infinite/chapter-2/full

Spoiler Ulysses isn't really a character at all, and you get to meet some other inhumans and see how much of an asshole Karnak is

Also I'm going to pretend the vision Ulysses sees at the end is him foretelling the Edgy thread and the storytime of Nemesis

Hey, now that the X-Men and mutants are in a separate continuity, are Black Panther and Storm still married?

Paul Jenkins is cucked now

That's great. Read a story he wrote 14 years ago.

They stopped being married a long time ago, user. I think they broke up during AvX.

So what I'm getting frome these is that Ulysses experiences his visions. Now this has already been mentioned before and all but I'd like to point it out again since the entire "profiling" metaphor relies on him calculating the odds of an event based off of prior knowledge/assumptions. So he either doesn't experience any "visions" because he's actually calculating the most likely sequence of events with a ridiculously low margin of error or he is in no way doing anything comparable to "profiling" because he isn't actually making any predictions whatsover he's simply re-telling what his senses convey to him.

So Marvel can't even get the central superpower in their narrative consistent despite the central point of the conflict they're writing apparently being based around one of the models of the power and not working at all when Ulysses's powers work the other way.

Wow, digital comics are just terrible, aren't they?

Karnak is super cool

But the coolest inhuman of the book was obviously Tongue

I am determined to find a use for this.

im into it,
im really into here ;^D get it

Anyone good at shopping Frank faces? I'd love to see it say "No music here. Only Frank.

He looks like Spiderman meets Dr. light.

I tried

It's beautiful. Thank you, user.

So Civil War #4 dropped today and the event spirals into more poorly written shenanigans. Here, I'll show you.

Let me guess, there isn't a single cool fight scene?

So She-Hulk is out of her coma and has turned into..Jane Fixit? I don't know. She also seems incredulous that the Hulk was killed by an arrow.

Is there a single fight scene?

Earlier, I made the prediction that there's no way Hawkeye goes to prison for murdering the giant monster man who destroyed Las Vegas and Manhattan several times and declared war on the whole planet and almost broke it.

After Tony's research, he comes to the conclusion that the guy who predicts the future and is right all the time must be playing off a hunch due to future energy or whatever the flying fuck.

Right here is the turn where Civil War II becomes less about some sort of back and forth and more superhero fights for no reason. Marvel needs the anti-Ulysses people to somehow be right, so they're just making shit up in order to Ulysses to suddenly be wrong. This only begs the question on how someone can predict a celestial attack based off an algorithm.

However, unlike in Civil War I, everyone has the common sense to be brought into a room and talk this out.

What's the point of superhero comics without fights?

Using science, Tony is able to prove that Ulysses's powers are unreliable and shouldn't be taken at face value. Everyone else agrees with this.

Carol says no and then leaves.

I see, this is the point when "heroes" turn against the majority, because "how could be so racist". In the end of the events there will pull a "world is rotten but we will protect them anyway" kind of moral, forshadowing the marvel fag staff opinion about the rise of the right arround the world.

Of course you could say i overreact this and bring up politic where isn't any. But just watch and see guys. Watch and see!

They are cheap.

Waitasec, are they going for some sort of Trayvon Martin shit with Hawkeye walking? Like he's some racist vigilante for killing the Hulk, but since he's white there are no consequences?

Remember how in Civil War I, instead of having two sides with arguable points they just made one side the 'bad guys' and did so by having Tony just lose it? And how people thought Marvel would be smart enough not to do that a second time?

As i said: they are cheap

Holy shit the fucking cringe is real!

Are they trying to make Carol a dumb cunt? I have a feeling somehow they're going to twist it all around at the end and say she was right.

So all the diverse heroes come to protect the colored woman woman of color from Captain Marvel's profiling. But wait, she calls in help from Venom the Space Knight and the Guardians of the Galaxy! Why? Shut up, that's why!

I remember in Civil War I when all the heroes had their own seperate reasons for being thrust into a war no one wanted. Here, they're just fighting because it'd make a cool splash page.

Why the fuck would Flash Thompson fight against Captain America? That literally makes zero sense.

I think after this we should make bets on whose gonna die…

..for no purpose

Iron Man, and any other cis-white males of prominent stature,

I'm just going to point out that, while Carol's reinforcements are impressive, Tony is still standing next to Doctor Motherfucking Strange, the guy who fights and kills gods for a living. The Sorcerer Supreme should have no problem shutting down all those characters that can't defend against his magic while everyone else runs interface for him.

I just want Marvel to burn to the ground.

This isn't even funny anymore, not even meme worthy.

I can see this level of asspull actually happening now that the Guardians are here with their weird space tech. It might even actually be missiles again.

Don't get your hopes up, Bendis wont even bother explaining it. Strange will just use a couple magic blasts while being distracted by some random shit. At most Strange will have a line saying he doesn't want to use his full power on friends or something.

Nice to see consistency still being a big point in comics.

Read the Carnage series by Gerry Conway, it's actually well written.

All it takes is him striking a pose and chanting
BY THE EYE OF AGAMOTTO
ALL THESE NIGGERS SHALL FALL ASLEEP
And suddenly this whole shitfest is over and done with.

I can't wait to see how irrelevant they make him.

Are people actually buying Civil War 2?

Is Bendis just fucking with us now? Is he just having fun with his own Bendis speech?

Last panel of page 2 is how I feel most days.

"Sorry, Jennifer, Hawkeye walked! In fact, everyone is throwing a big party for him. Last I saw he was getting his dick sucked by a line of girls. I mean, Bruce was nice and all… but people really love that he's dead. I mean, that doesn't upset you, right?"

Why was Banner Hulkless, again?

"Well, I'm losing this argument. Fuck you all, I'm OUT!"

I actually was happy, because the X-Men tie in was the only book I could 100% say was good in this whole thing.

Why would ANY of these people agree to be on Carol's side? Oh, yeah, to make the event happen.

Too bad modern comic fights are boring affairs. I got the feeling a lot of Bendis's next script is "random heroes fight for 8 pages, make sure Carol and Tony get busted up a lot"

Carol's side

Tony's side

Even fucking Ms. Marvel is with him, and she would suck Carol's toes if invited to.

To be fair, I would suck her toes if invited to, but I'd be murmuring derisive insults about her stance on this issue while I do it in order to drive her pleasure higher.

>Cap and Tony both think Carol is being a fucking idiot
How stupid do you have to be to see Cap telling you you've gone too far and your response is to call your space friends to shoot him?
Is there anybody in real life who thinks Carol isn't full of shit? Anybody at all?

So… do Marvel pay their writers? I think they could get even better writers in erotic fanfiction forums working in exchange of peanuts.

Fuck, I would even work for Marvel for free just to unfuck the whole thing.

I honestly don't see how her actions can be defended here. She acts like a child when confronted with evidence showing that she is wrong.

Also, has anyone who's sided against Captain America ever been in the right? Steve Rogers siding against you on a moral issue should be a fuckhuge red flag that you might need to rethink your stance.

You have super beings fighting out of boredom, saving people has become an after thought, and all the heroes of the old generation with the old morals have died or moved on. Again though, the people at Marvel don't even know how fucked up their Universe has become or how what they portray as heroes really aren't heroes at all.

Higher ups probably only pay attention to quota meetings and controversies. They just let the idiot writers loose and let them fuck shit up.

Of course, I just find it crazy how the tumblr writers at Marvel naturally led that Universe in the direction Kingdom Come called out years ago. Of course, Kingdom Come did a interesting job at recognizing what happens to the every man and super hero when the world becomes crowded with them, where Marvel writers don't even realize they are writing the type of characters that Kingdom Come criticized.

I've looked into it. Both Marvel and DC refuse unsolicited submissions, which is pretty standard protection in industry, but they also don't have periods for open submissions. Both companies instead adhere to an entirely back assward structure where they want you to come to conventions (at your own cost) and meet their people who might look at your work out of the kindness of your heart, or "if they've heard of you, then you matter", where basically if you have produced work in industry and been mentioned in the trades you might be worth their time.

This means they not only aren't looking for new talent, but the only talent they care about is already established names, which in turn calcifies their writing and stagnates their creativity. On the other hand Image and Dark Horse both accept submissions, but are exceedingly discriminating in what they accept limited by their guidelines.

Man, the editorial sure isn't doing their jobs in this shit event.
Do they even read the fucking summary of the tie-ins?

Why the fuck Nova would go to this battle if he decided to deal with his own shit first in the last issue of his book?

Why Luke Cage would be there? He wants to be with his family and friends, not fight with others heroes again. This is all in the last issue of Iron fist and Power Man book.

My fucking god, this is so dumb. SO DUMB.

Isn't Dr Strange powerless in his book though?
I didn't read the last issues

Hm… I have a dossier for a series but I suck at drawing and my english isn't perfect.

Do they accept scripts? how the fuck do you do a script for a comic?

Is he? I haven't read any books that tie him into this. If he is powerless, then I have no idea what he's doing here.
Actually, if the Sorcerer Supreme is powerless, then everyone has bigger problems than resolving their spat over due process.

Google it, there's a lot of examples out there.

Well, maybe i'm wrong. I'm not reading his new story, just know the premise

Search for Unity Press Digital we'll take a look.

As I understand it editorial is functionally gutted.

Marvel has these semi-annual retreats where all the artists, authors, and administrators get together (presumably smoke cigars while claiming not to, drink prodigiously, and sleep with women who aren't their life partners) and figure out the next several years of plot by popular vote.

A committee determines the future of your favorite comics.

This means stories aren't done for passion or for quality, but are voted on by the scale of least offensive (to the staff) while there is a sliding scale probably based on seniority. If Bendis can bully through his favorite bullshit, then he gets to write the story he wants and editorial won't get in his way because "well we all agreed it would be good, what's wrong with YOU that you don't love our work?"

They never even think "I might be a fucking hack."

From what I've heard, apparently something happened in the Marvel universe recently that majorly nerfed all the magic using characters. Since Marvel plans out their big events by getting all their writers together in a room and having them argue over which character's head will be the next to go up on the chopping block, this was likely done deliberately to either get Strange out of the way, or to make it plausible that he could be killed by Mockingbird or some stupid shit like that.

That sounds stupid enough to be true. It'd be just like them to ignore the fact that structural problems with magic are things tbat he actively works to correct, and then shove him into a pointless melee to die and be replaced by a donut steel character.

I guess the best thing that could be said about all this is that they TRIED to talk Carol down. And if they wanted her not to look like a fucking warmonger and this wasn't an "event", that would be the end of the story. But the portrayal of Carol through this whole thing has been a person who makes shit decisions that cost the lives of her friends, and they know they hold all the characters ransom now because they have to kill one or two more off to make the event feel "impactful" (despite that character coming back to life in less than a year).

It's such an unnatural, forced work of fiction. Any better writer would have at least made Carol a tragic figure by now, how knows she's rushing headlong into something bad but has absolute faith that what she's doing will be worth it in the end. But she seems completely unaware of how far she's pushing the situation, which doesn't make her feel like a protagonist or antagonist, she's just some retarded asshole. Like if she knew she was risking everything for some higher ideal because she obsesses about living up to Mar Vell, or she had some vision from Ulysses confirming that what she was doing would make the world better… anything, it would make her an understandable character.

But no, she's just fucking retarded and can't act like an adult.

As if the current writers have ever even read past comics for anything.

In the current Marvel universe Eddie Brock is more of a super-hero than Peter Parker. Think about that for a second.

They can say whatever they want, this is the most retarded crap they've ever produced.

Wow. I'll bet everyone's going to walking on eggshells in the NY District Attorneys office…

All kidding aside, it's good to have a Savage She Hulk around. Hope she wrecks some shit…

She's going to wreck Patsy's pussy with her new glowing She Hulk cock.

MARVEL NOW

Bags & boards. I'm sure lots of people have dollars signs in their eyes when they buy a #1 anything.

Where did it all go so wrong, Carol?

The rape from your newborn extra dimensional baby? The alcoholism? Bendis?