Good lord

good lord

Yes I do like being elitist.

Oh no.

Good thread m8 10/10
WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO NORMAL Holla Forums THREADS WE HAVE 5 LOW EFFORT THREADS ON THE FRONT PAGE INCLUDING THIS ONE

* Anonymous likes this post

This is a sad state of affairs, gentlemen.

sage for facebook normies

sage for normalfag

you know we're not on reddit right fam?

Try /g/. I'm not even kidding, it's so much better than this place.

8/g/ or 4/g/? The latter i'd rather hang myself.

More technical threads get classified as "tech support" that should go in the sticky thanks to one faggot who takes reporting threads way too seriously. As a result, you can only make extremely wide threads with loose topics, generals, shitty uninteresting tech news reposts or threads without any specific questions in the OP, like this one.

At first I thought having soft moderation was a good thing, but then the BO decided to let off-topic drama threads such as HWFYS generals and the board has simply plummeted in quality and number of users since then. Worst of all is that they actually moderate the board, but our most important and enforced rule is "tech support goes into the sticky", and we are considering way too many threads to be tech support.

tl;dr moderation is unfocused and misguided. Start taking peeks at /prog/ and /gentoo/ or even /cyber/ if you want better tech discussions.

Forgot to comment the Holla Forums AGDG thread talks way more about technology and more specifically programming than all our Holla Forums posts combined. Same goes for the /agdg/ board, although to a lesser degree.

We've fallen THIS low, Holla Forums.

I ain't going down with this shit

This faggot has a real bright future ahead of him. OP too like said.

good lord

Deliberate avoidance of capital letters pisses me off just as much.

good lord

I feel bad now
t. OP of the first 4 HWFYS threads

Nah, don't feel so bad. The third and fourth were maybe overdoing it, but there actually was some technical discussion in the first two. It also managed to bring the staff to discuss the problems with us, which was also nice. Everything after that was bullshit, though.

CMFYS was a total, absolute, irredeemable drama circlejerk that should have never ever been posted. But this is the BO's fault, he should have deleted the topics the moment technical discussion and staff posts dropped to 0.

It's not like you single-handedly killed the board. It's pretty much been dropping in quality since last year, and the only thing we have worse now is that we have less traffic and have dropped far away from the top 3 boards

That's partly due to Mark being a faggot and allowing Holla Forums to become Holla Forums: Videogame edition.

Yup. Most threads these days are just "MUH FOSS" and proprietary software hate threads with little to no technical discussion.

Holla Forums teeters below /a/ and above /a/ on a schedule, particularly below /a/ in the summer. You'd know this if you weren't a newfaggot.

The threads are still technical, the problem is street shitters have no technical arguments, and deflect with personal attacks.

I've been here ever since the board was created in response to /g/ being a gay board. Fuck you.

Truth is, we have NEVER been at the tenth position. We were almost always below Holla Forums or Holla Forums (depending on which one was the least hot at the moment), but never behind Holla Forums, Holla Forums, /furry/ or motherfucking Holla Forums. /n/ and Holla Forums also managed to put themselves after us, although I guess I can kind of understand why.

There was a time where we were the third or fourth most visited board in this website, but not now. Now we are a slow board full of shitposting.

There is nothing wrong with MUH FOSS, but fuck, I would love to discuss something more technical from time to time.

Worst thing about the "MUH FOSS" threads is that they are more often than not the same overdone license war or news for the latest released version of the dankest meme software, more often than not without significant improvements. Just look at the Pale Moon thread, it's there to announce motherfucking 1080p video support.

you're joking right?
Holla Forums has been behind /furry/ on plenty of occassions

At least half of the current active threads are simply not suitable for technical discussion. The rest vary between "maybe you can get one or two interesting posts from this" and "I guess this could work if people weren't such fucking faggots".

Take a look at the catalog:
I guess it could be interesting, but it's a thread made by a Holla Forumsack announcing himself to be a Holla Forumsack, and we all know those usually describe fantasy tech.
Self explanatory. It's more productive as a meta thread than anything else.
Meme software with even more meme updates. What can you discuss here? How shit this browser has to be to add 1080p support when we are already starting experimenting with 8k?
Holla Forums tier.
I guess you can actually discuss this, but it's not very technical.
Paranoid cracker starts breaking things for no reason. It is technical, but there is nothing to discuss and very little to learn since OP seems to be more focused on making his posts sound rambly and 1337 enough.
Educational.
I guess you could consider this barely technical, but shell ricing is a fairly shit topic, just above desktop ricing.
I guess you could get an interesting topic out of this, but it's mainly filled with shitposting.
Muh buttnet.
Yet another news thread. It's interesting, I guess, so I will not shit on it.
This thread is actually fairly technical and educational.
Not exactly technical, but it is not a shit thread since it can be educational.
Thinly veiled Rust thread? Sadly, it's full of muh SJW and muh I won't use this language because the devs politics trigger my feefees.
We already knew this. Thanks, user.
Fairly technical. Good post, although I wonder why the fuck was my C.H.I.P. reply deleted.
High grade shitposting.
Torvalds going meme nuclear on ugly code. Wow, this is truly newsworthy.
I thought we left this garbage in 4/g/.
Not very technical, but as long as it's not a private tracker circlejerk discussion, I guess it's fine.
Niche news thread.
Low effort bait.
I guess you can have some fun discussing this, even if it's not very productive.
Fairly technical and interesting, when it's not ">Go"-posting
Fairly technical. Not a bad thread.

Look at my eyes and tell me this is a quality board with a straight face.

Hardly ever. It started happening shortly before summer started. Before that, most of the time Holla Forums was on top, despite /furry/ following closely.

Does anybody have those screencaps of the kid who kept bragging about knowing python on faceboook?