The Marvellous Adventures of Flapjack, why is it bad

I used to watch The Marvellous Adventures of Flapjack with my brother.
Then the show was cancelled and he pretty much forgot about it. But now my bro won't believe me when I tell him it has made most lists of worst cartoons.
He thinks I'm making it up. He has an argument: there's no reason to dislike Flapjack that doesn't apply to Sponge Bob, and Sponge Bob is a success.

So please help me convince him, and also he a bitch. Call him a bitch, he likes that sort of thing.

Flapjack was cancelled to make way for the shows that were made to replace it. (Regular Show and AT)
Flapjack was good in my opinion good, if you dislike it you probably just aren't a fan of it's format/style of humor. I recently rewatched it on Hulu and really enjoyed it. I thought it was really surreal and avant garde for the time it was released.

It wasn't bad though.

The gross humour perhaps!? I didn't watch much Flapjack but I like it.

This show despite a lot of effort was the mother of all modern calart style. Alex Hirsch, Thurop Van Orman, J.G.Quintel and Pendleton Ward worked on the show.

It's actually one of my favorite Cartoons.
I loved the surreal and Dark setting and how much of a non-role-model jerk K'nuckles could be in children's show despite being a main character.
Flapjack was the only nice character in the whole show.
I don't think it was cancelled, I think it ended because the creator didn't want to go on without his crew, which is a better idea than getting a new one like many other cartoons and look how well that usually turns out.
I can see why people wouldn't like it but I don't think it was bad.

None of the jokes were funny, the premise and the characters were interesting but the show was so fucking unfunny its unbelievable, no show in history has made me laugh less than Flapjack

It had the same problem Chowder had, great setup, great characters, great premise, but no fucking humor. I will even say Chowder had a few good jokes and memorable moments. Flapjack had none of that

It was a show with a lot of potential that got ruined with shitty writing, bottom fucking line

I kinda enjoyed it, disgusted me at times too

What the fuck is it with you few retards on this site and trying to convince people that what they like is shit just because you don't particularly enjoy it? I'm sure you fit your opinion based on what Holla Forums tells you is shit, and that's why you think it's alright. But normal people aren't faggots who change their opinion just because someone tells them to.
Flapjack's not a bad show, OP. You're just an asshole and I'm sure your brother thinks so, too.

I didn't say I don't like the show. I do like it, but I have point out that it has made several lists of "worst cartoons"
Maybe I typed what I typed in a way that wasn't very clear. The point is, I like the show but I know it has lots of detractors. My brother refuses to believe that.

You really are a faggot.

Those people are probably sensitive about cartoons like that phantom guy and enter or simply mimicking a popular opinion

probably too many autists got triggered by its "gross" and "mean-spirited" humor.

I liked Flapjack. At the time I sort of saw it as "South Park for kids".

The art style and animation is shit. The jokes are very hit or miss and rely on randumb humor. Also this show would go on to be the thing that pushed Cal arts shit into the spotlight and make complete SJW nutjobs like Alex and Penn get a career.

South Park is for kids.

The thing that bothered me about Flapjack was that it was too loose with how it presented its plots. The Marvellous Misadventures of Flapjack was, as far as I am concerned, an attempt to be the spiritual sequel to Courage the Cowardly Dog, as both shows presented a fairly odd setting wherein not-necessarily-kid friendly horrors awaited in most (if not all) episodes. However, Courage the Cowardly Dog began each episode with a clear, concise plot that lasted throughout the episode, weaving the horror into the plot as seamlessly as possible. Flapjack, on the other hand, tended to start with a plot IDEA, then get distracted by it's own attempt to be weird, and the various spooks it tried to utilize were done in a very "jumpscare" way.

That is why the episodes of Flapjack that maintain clear plots are usually the best, such as the West episode.

Same here. Even if the joke wasn't clever and even if it was the cartoon that fostered people that later worked on less triggering Calart works, I'll give it credit for being one of the few cartoons to have the balls to show this in public air.

The only bad Flapjack episodes were written by Jackie Buscarino and Steve Little, and now that it's been over for 6 years, rewatching them, they're still good.

It was the proto Adventure Time. Only reason it didn't hit off was because Knuckles wasn't an attractive male teenage boy that tumblrfags could ship with Flapjack and also tumblr was just starting out back then and hadn't become the cesspit we know today.

Someone get this hothead outta here

Chowder really wasn't funny dude.
I never understood the appeal of that show.

Could you be anymore of a pretentious cunt?

I liked flapjack

Chowder's problem was that it relied too much on 4th wall breaking and didn't take itself seriously enough nor its cooking element. Unlike Billy and Mandy where they treated everything seriously and acted as though they were real and their actions had consequence unlike Chowder where they just outright say in the plot of each episode that they gotta do shit before the episode ends or how much it will tear into their budget. Also Chowder himself was an unlikeable cunt who made everyone's lives miserable. Hence why the pilot episode was probably the only true good episode. Chowder was only a minor hindrance and actually learned about cooking while also showcasing ingredients in a humorous fashion and actually maintaining the business, unlike the show where Muung is portrayed as a failure and a terrible/mediocre/decent chef.

Its the same thing that happened with Foster's. The pilot/movie was imaginative and charming with likeable characters who were heartwarming but had their own flaws. Unlike the series which felt more like a parody of the film with Bloo suddenly becoming a completely unlikeable asshole to the point where the main theme of the series (which was "visit your friend every day to keep him") became questioned and makes you wonder why Mac bothers sticking with this shit at all if all he does is make his life miserable as well as those in the house. He even freaking got Mac lynched and rejected by his peers and went out of his way to ruin the adoption opportunities of his friends. And don't get me started on the status quo bullshit and how they just up and returned Eduardo the day he was adopted or the fact that not only Bloo but almost half of the cast became assholes or parodies whenever the series called for it even when it made NO. FUCKING. SENSE! Looking at you Bendy. Also that bullshit with Eurotrish was unforgivable. Fuck both Chowder and Foster's up the ass, and a special 'fuck you' to CN.

And most of all…

FUCK YOU BENDY!

'Her' name is a Alexa Hirsch you filthy shitlord.

I will agree that chowder was the weakest character, but the entire appeal of the show is the 4th wall/out-there humor. the plots were literally just excuses to set up jokes, and there's nothing wrong with that because they're funny. the style of the show was incredibly experimental which was complimented by its bizarre-yet-appealing art direction.
also foster's was kind of overrated, as it was only good when it was REALLY good, else it was just okay.

fuck beta Hirsch

I understand that some cartoons are meant for adults but c'mon chowder isn't made to entertain adults

But it had the potential to be appealing to everyone while also having even greater potential for comfy as fuck moments that brought on some real feels if they had expanded the cooking shit and the whole father/son / master/apprentice theme. The KND episodes with Numbuh One and his dad still choke me up.

I watched through all of Chowder recently. The first season is genuinely good- the stories are simple and focused, it takes its time setting up jokes, and the characters are all pretty likable.

The quality of the writing seems to have taken a pretty serious downturn in the second and third seasons. The stories start to get really poorly developed, they start trying to make way too many jokes and it ends up being an extended sequence of unfunny non-sequiturs. The characters got flanderized something fierce as well. There are a handful of okay episodes in seasons two and three, but if you plan on watching Chowder, I definitely recommend only bothering with the first season.

too many episodes of fosters are just [insert character name here] gets tortured or this guy tortures everyone for the whole episode