GNU/Linux email clients

Which one do you use? For me every single one seems to have at least one crippling disadvantage

Thunderbird

N1

Evolution

Geary

Other urls found in this thread:

techcrunch.com/2015/11/30/thunderbird-flies-away-from-mozilla/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

emacs(1)
mutt(1)
mailx(1)

Install TT DeepDark theme, make default background black with white text. Looks great. Haven't found anything better except emacs

claws

I don't mind how Thunderbird looks. If the only drawbacks are that it's subjectively ugly and it's by Mozilla, it's not that bad.

I'll take a look at themes, thanks user.

mutt if terminal
sylpheed if graphical

This.

Sylpheed fucking rules, I'll never go back to anything else.

Thunderbird is as good as it gets which is sad. Does IMAP /okay/ and also has decent OpenPGP support via Enigmail. For Android I use K-9 mail. We could really use a new client written by competent people.

I had tried mutt once before and had trouble with getting shared inbox set up so I could delete an email from both local storage and gmail account.
I read somewhere about mutt needing to be compiled with some extra module to allow that functionality, ever get it to work?

upboat for Sylpheed.
THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST

Emacs and gnus. Not only on GNU/Linux, but Windows and macOS too (I'm lazy, don't want to learn more than one program). Works in GUI and over an ssh login (again, too lazy to set up VPN, just have an ssh service running). Also, good integration with GnuPG 2.1, built-in emacs-pinentry package.

mutt traditionally, but i've moved to alpine lately

I think Geary looks the best, and like it was made from this decade, but it can't do GPG on It's own so fuck it.

you forgot about kmail.

You'll be just fine with Sylpheed. It's nice, does what you need, and then some.

Don't know, I never delete emails (hehe). But mutt has had POP3 support for some times now, and I doubt it would be used if your thing couldn't work.
But it was painful setting up multiple accounts with pass.

Thunderbird isn't going to be SJWzilla for much longer right?

>techcrunch.com/2015/11/30/thunderbird-flies-away-from-mozilla/

Wasn't there talk of the Document Foundation picking it up?

I use Claws Mail, it's okay, I guess.

Icedove

Sometimes I think the KDE developers did, too.

SJWzilla is a bad meme. Their software is terrible enough without bringing in politics, yet all they are criticized for is muh SJWs.

Thunderbird has a terrible UI and is bloated to hell. It eats >100MB RAM after a clean installation.

I use mutt and find it good

fucking barbarians.

Oh, WOE IS ME

Thunderbird or neomutt.

I'm worried about Thunderbird that sooner or later Mozilla will stop caring all together and ditch the project.

Nigga people do criticize SJWzilla without bringing politics into it. Bloatfox is practically a Holla Forums meme in and of itself, and there bound to be people complaining about useless features like Pocket and Hello in any given Firefox thread. You're also forgetting the giant shitstorm we had over Firefox removing userchrome.css and the constant doompauling over the switch to webextensions.

Use Icedove. It's the free alternative to Thunderbird