typing-speed-test.aoeu.eu/
play.typeracer.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Slow down and think.

90-110 wpm
thanks world of warcraft

follow the GNU typist tutorial
$ gtypist

Don't. You'll just fuck up your hands. Type at a reasonable pace.

pretty disgusting

84wpm according to the link you posted.

I'd say that's usable for everyday life, no?

Slow and deliberately

Practice makes perfect.

A lifetime of computer use helps too.

On my best days I can hit around 130

>typing-speed-test.aoeu.eu/
>Also known as online keylogger

Just how bad at life do you have to be to try to make people jealous on an anonymous imageboard by cheating?

Your score: 379 CPM (that is 76 WPM)

Got a few words wrong, I'm not so good.

~90wpm, got 4 words wrong.
I wish that main language wasn't so fucking slow to type, lots of ยด, ^ and ~

No one in this thread has posted a score that is insane enough to be edited. What are you even bringing it up for?

Use plover
Learn steno
Type at 220+ wpm
????
PROFIT!

On kratom and alcohol right now, and typing on a kind of shitty chiclet keyboard. Not that anybody cares about the results

And I learned touch typing for this reason.

Most of it comes with practice and then there's some little tricks (e.g. pressing adjacent keys on the same column, such as ki and ju, in one stroke, using both sfifts)

Reaching 110 wpm is hard, especially when typing actual text, as opposed to loose common words. Even moreso if you add symbols.

I'd say that's pretty decent. I don't see much of a need to improve since I'm not going to be a secretary any time soon.

I've been forcing myself to use both shifts from the start, and it works fine, except for symbols. I hate the spanish keyboard layout in that the altgr key is only at the right hand, and some symbols I often need ( [] and {} ) need altgr and are also at the right hand. In the end I end up using a single hand for most of the symbols, including reaching from shift up to the 6-9 with the right hand for &, /, ( and ). The only exception being !, " and possibly $.
tl;dr, there's room for a lot of optimisation, but old habits die hard.

guess you need to practice then

i know several people who hit 140 wpm

You're only typing in the words that they're telling you to type.

Sage because I'm tired of seeing this thread.

Not very. Started typing this response 3 days ago.

uh huh
I don't need to waste time getting 100wpm to impress NEETs like you. I have shit to do.

Sour grapes, faggot.

On a suboptimal keyboard that I'm not really used to.

how is wpm sour grapes that doesn't even make sense

434 cpm and I'm a lazy faggot.

Not bad, if I didn't have to correct a couple words may have hit 130

Shitty knockoff macbook tier laptop keyboard, default qwerty key layout.

how does one adjust one's score per standard drink?

You can do training exercises that specifically address key pairs that you have difficulty with, gained a good 30 wpm in high school after doing that.
Pretty tired right now, I usually hit around 76-80.

not too shabby eh

Check this out: play.typeracer.com/

I am a slow typist but this kind of tests that have random words instead of actual sentences make me type a lot slower.
I think I made three more mistakes and corrected them in addition to the one it shows here.

Colemak!

82wpm with 1 mistake

congration! you done it!

Can I become a professional typist or something?

if you reach 200 WPM you can be a court reporter!

stenographer

I'm a bit tired right now, so my record is 343 at the moment. I'm using QWERTY though, so I'm curious what is the most efficient keyboard layout. Also, is DVORAK a meme or is it alright?

Bullshit. Webcam of fingers or fuck off.

I believe he means CPM

sanichegehog.jpg

238 guys do you think i'm going to be a stenographer like said?

Higher then I expected.

Dvorak is undoubtedly more efficient. Still, it is arguable how much more efficient it is, and if it is worth the hassle to switch. Not to mention there are newer layouts called Colemack and Workman that may or may not be better than Dvorak. Look up some stats if you are really interested and give and a shot.

wew

I did with qwerty

Still did okay, it seems. Made a couple mistakes, though, because I'd hit two keys with index finger and shit.

Theere we go. :^)

doesn't seem too shabby for someone who never learned how to type 'properly'

Same here. You'll get faster as time goes on. What's your error rate?

I did not expect to be this fast, I usually type pretty slowly and see facebook social assholes type 3x faster than me

I type relatively slow

2 mistakes out of 80 words
glad to see not everyone liked mavis beacon, what's your WPM user?

I'm

I mainly thank Star Wars Galaxies and Counter Strike for teaching me how to type. :^)

I can beat my record if I don't mind making mistakes

I know that guy

i don't really have typing practice, maybe i should get some

e and o are adjacent on my keyboard

nice cpm trips user.

Not the best, but better than I thought tbh

Don't know if you people mind but i woke up a few minutes ago and it's 10c in my room

OK i hit 100, first attempt. CBF for second

My excuse for not having an autistic Holla Forums approved 100% is that I typed distance instead of distant

I used to be able to do 130+ as my average. I've fallen so far out of practice.

I know that feels. I played WoW for 1 year when it came out. I was 15 years old back then. Having to type quickly stuck permanently with me. Around 110 WPM on average

I have average 75 wpm on typeracer and 93 wpm best race

I knew a programmer who basically doubled his speed switching to Dvorak, yet I have also known people who find it impossible to switch.
I'm not sure if it's age or a learning curve, but some people can not make the switch to a new style keyboard.

The Dvorak layout makes sense if you're right handed and want to spend the time relearning, but the keyboards are expensive and you may end up with negative results.

I use to average around 90, but after seeing my wife type I just get her to do most of my large typing projects now......and you should see her playing Typing of the Dead.....puts me to shame.

Install plover, increase that to 200.

tbh, I like having Healthcare

I'm shit at typing. After all those years I still can't type without looking at the keyboard.
Probably have dyslexia.

I'm 90% sure that has nothing to do with dyslexia. You need to force yourself to find the keys without looking at them, maybe by putting a towel over your hands and the keyboard or something. It's a matter of memorization and then practice.

Your score: 519 CPM (that is 104 WPM)

Your score beats or equals 99.03% of all

This board skews towards heavy internet users who know keyboards like the back of their hands..

Ehh, just 72 WPM. I would have scored a lot higher back in my Runescape addicted youth.

How do I practice? I find typing fast too frustrating.

227 but dam it was hard to transcribe that non prose shit. I actually type much faster, really I think most of my problem with that was not being able to read it so gud.

I can read the above pretty much as fast as any other reading, but the shit on that typeing test sucked balls.

Also someone should make a script that does this shit automatically so the computers cant eves drop on us so easily.

webm unrelated

Lots of ways to git gud, pick your favorite.

:(

I don't touch-type properly, the right hand largely uses two fingers, left three. Also about 3 typos corrected.

CIA nigger