ITT: "they made a cartoon based on THAT?!"

ITT: "they made a cartoon based on THAT?!"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2ZlAE6YMOic
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'd say Brave Little Toaster, but I'd probably get a bunch of shit from nostalgiafags.

Even nostalgiafags have to admit the idea is very weird.

Prescient, really. IIRC, a lot of people who made Brave Little Toaster went on to form Pixar?

The really weird part is that it was based on a book. As was the sequel where they go to Mars.

Did they actually make a cartoon of that, or is this just about the movie and sequels?

I still can't believe they made a cartoon out of Beetlejuice and that it was good.

pretty much every episode of that show is worth watching.
Lydia a cuteDarling.

I was just thinking about this recently. Pretty funny that they tried to turn the logo into a mascott character.

I used to love the Jumanji cartoon. No one ever seems to talk about it. I remember The Mummy cartoon being quite good too.

Lydia was a real qt.

I remember that show being good, but when I watched it again, it was just okay.

I remember both of those being good, too. I hope my memories aren't deceiving me.

There was a Stargate cartoon?

There was a Casper cartoon.
Poil/Pearl was a cute little pain.

Didn't Casper start as a cartoon?

Casper actually started as a comic book, I think.

Kinda funny how all these 90s spinoff cartoons seem to have the same cast. Though some look like they were the same studio.

Back in 1991, someone thought it would be a good idea to turn Little Shop of Horrors into a saturday morning cartoon. The characters were re imagined as kids and it was terrible.

Casper started off as a series of theatrical shorts in the 40s. It became a comic in the 50s which is were it really took off. The comics were generally better than the shorts and gave Casper a solid supporting cast (including Spooky and Pearl) which the 90s cartoon used quite a bit of.

Cadillac's and Dinosaurs!

Ahh, that makes sense. I remember reading some Casper comics, but didn't know about the shorts.

I remember the one with the littering villain which is basically one big anti-littering screed. Which actually was relevant at the time given the whole idea of 'Don't just throw your rubbish wherever you happen to be' was new to Americans.

Not really clear on the target audience at points

Makes sense given back in the day R-ratings weren't enforced very much. And plenty of kids would be aware Rambo and Star Trek, even if their parents wouldn't let them watch them, so why not make a kid-friendly version to profit off that audience?

Though Star Trek TAS was pretty much TOS in cartoon form. Same damn actors.

Nigga please, in the 70s there was a Casper cartoon where he was a space cop

yep, and it was a typical DiC Cheesefest. One of the last ones they made.

And it was one of the best cartoons ever…

That show is fucking awful. Every single episode is bland cliches with no imagination.

The ONE thing the new GI Joe movie fucked up in.

The Rock should have played himself instead of Roadblock since 1980s GI.Joe had fucking Sgt.Slaughter join them

I remember the Rambo cartoon because he couldn't shoot or kill anyone so instead he would just jump on peoples backs and scream "Yo!"

I remember that AotkT had a girl that was supposed to be "half tomato" and they treated it like she was a half orc or something and all it really meant was that she had red hair.

I had a Toxie action figure as a kid based on the cartoon.

Star Trek the animated series was horribly animated but otherwise completely legit.

Practically everything had to be in space and/or a cop in the 70s.

Speaking of, there was a Police Academy cartoon. Frankly, it worked pretty well.

Star Trek TAS was Filmation, who were bottom of the barrel budget, but they shopped around studios and Filmation was the only one who didn't insist on giving the Enterprise crew 'cute animal sidekicks'.

Last I checked the series is considered almost canon. (least til NuTrek, and even then, the scenes with Spock's childhood are apparently heavily inspired by 'Yesteryear')

Do the Mighty Ducks and the Gummi Bears count?

Mighty Ducks cartoon was awesome. It seems like any cartoon staring ducks turns out to be a good one.

i would have liked a Hellraiser Cartoons…for kids

who the fuck wouldn't let their kids watch star trek? I mean, fuck, my grandma wouldn't let me watch the simpsons because she thought bart was a bad role model (when he got his comeuppance in every episode at the time) but still called the whole family in to watch next gen and reruns of the original

I liked the Robocop cartoon even if don't remember too much about it.

I really was expecting an Alien/ Predator cartoon back in the day.

I magine what a Puppet master cartoon could have been like

Chatterer and the Heckraiser Avengers

There was a pilot made for an Alien cartoon. It should be on Youtube, if you search for it.

i could imagine some shit like the "Harrowers" stuff from the comics, but with a bunch of teenagers using magic and shit to deal with the Cenobites, adults being killed of camera, maybe rogue cenonites who regained their humansmemories and shit….

Came here just to post Toxic Crusader, which was a movie about a violent retard who brutally murders people in the most horrific ways that 80s special effects could manage.

It's not really funny. It's not charming. It's nothing that a kid would enjoy… and yet, I remember watching the cartoon as a kid and even having some of the toys.

based on this movie: youtube.com/watch?v=2ZlAE6YMOic

Probably people thinking it's Communist racemixing propaganda. It was daring enough to have women in miniskirts, a black woman on the bridge and a non evil Russian.

Turns out Chuck Lorre wrote the theme song to that too

Even Quack Pack?

Has there ever been an actual good celb cartoon?

Bobby's World and Life With Louie were both pretty okay.

That's not very nice to Howie Mandel

I remember thinking "why did they make this cartoon" even when I was a kid. It was entertaining though, if I recall.

And then later I found out they did a second cartoon, with a bitchin' theme. Never sat and watched it though.

While it doesn't super surprise me they made a cartoon for the 1998 Godzilla movie, I was blown away by the fact that it's DAMN GOOD. It felt like only had the more bare description of what the movie characters were like, so they ended up making good ones instead. Nick goes from being the pussy in the film to an all around man of action and science. And Zilla Jr. takes the few good things about Zilla (an interesting design and borrowing ability) but has radiation breath and durability/regeneration closer to the actual Godzilla. They even made some pretty good monsters.

I could not tell you who the target audience was.
Loved the overseas diplomat episode.

It's by the same studio and team that did Men in Black the animated series and a few other decent shows.

We just can't have nice things.

It's more like Disney canceled it and DreamWorks hired Titmouse because it

Fillmore! is one of the best cartoons I have watched. Still holds up.

That still sticks in my mind to this day as one of the best cartoons I've ever seen.

A procedural detective show for kids also makes for a nice change from the usual fare.

camp candy

Probably why it got cancelled, sadly.

But the lengths it went to to basically have a 70s cop show in a middle school were incredible.

It strikes me as a few years too late; a lot of these unlikely adaptions and such shows basically are made to be a kids' alternative to the shows their parents watch. At least in theory. Gravity Falls as Twin Peaks for kids and whatnot.

What a great show. I remember it and Recess being on around the same time and preferring this.

Invizimals had a cartoon?

My aunt gave me the book when I was a kid. This show is pretty retarded and has nothing to do with it aside from some characters having the same names.

I remember seeing these as a kid, but it's only in retrospect that I realize how weird it is for them to be kid's cartoons. As a kid I didn't know anything of their original versions, so I just took the cartoon versions as the real thing.

Better question is - why no one thought about making X-Com cartoon? That would've been fucking gold.

It was not a top tier cartoon, but it was definitely worth watching.
That and Carmen Sandiego easily had many kids imagining being femdom bait for her without realizing it. I do believe as a kid she was what got me through puberty.

I refuse to believe you

figures. did you read the other two books? shit gets fucking crazy.
alien zombie apocalypse and time travel all to stop a world-ending maniacal giant ass

It isn't?

I said the same thing when I saw it on netflix. I thought Sony had officially given up on the franchise years ago

Those were big when I was a kid due to the author being Australian. Of course, down here they were called The Day My Bum Went Psycho.

I'm still amazed that got released, but I suppose bookstores still sell Xanth even when that turned into pedophilia.

Bloody hell I just said the name of the show and forgot they changed it from the book. No need to be autistic about a show about butts of all things.

Nah, but they had the third one at the High School library and while I didn't read it I did have a look at the Glossary in the back and I was kinda surprised that they got away with saying "ass" in a children's book.

What? Is this an adult's series? If not, how'd it get away with it?

This South Korean cartoon (with an English dub) wasn't the worst, even though it's about a literal little shit.

I only found this out through Mr. Enter, sadly.

>I only found this out through Mr. Enter, sadly.

Same.