Holla Forums webm Thread

Not this thread again.

I didn't see a webm thread in the catalog, so it's time to make a new one. Post Holla Forums-related webms ITT. Avoid posting mp4s if at all possible, and use ffmpeg to convert videos if necessary.

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/gnu/manifesto.html
youtube.com/watch?v=0HIous9YOjs
fsfla.org/ikiwiki/anuncio/2010-03-Linux-2.6.33-libre.en
mjg59.dreamwidth.org/39546.html
linuxfoundation.org/about/members
bofh.nikhef.nl/events/FOSDEM/2016/k4601/hurd-rump-kernel-sound-and-usb.mp4
youtube.com/watch?v=rTzO-_Yl4d0
youtube.com/user/msadaghd
youtube.com/watch?v=vd0sHifpzIk
modarchive.org/index.php?request=view_by_moduleid&query=149318
members.tripod.com/cpu_bios/
panter.ch/files/pantalk_rms/160210-PanTalks-Richard_Stallman-FM.webm
a.pomf.cat/aehgyr.webm
a.pomf.cat/wesndi.webm
a.pomf.cat/yeumxm.webm
a.pomf.cat/bybjfj.mp4
youtube.com/watch?v=tc4ROCJYbm0
a.pomf.cat/oshxnz.html
youtube.com/watch?v=6NcIJXTlugc
longpoke.github.io/ea170bb6a8a6c3e4b084c59af939b9486ae5b71e7718ae0851a3ee2e04085719.mp4
archive.org/details/CompromiseInFreeSoftware
reddit.com/r/linux/comments/3zvbnw/compromise_in_free_software_a_roundtable/?st=isz5s05e&sh=d193d3cf
youtube.com/watch?v=1zwvzfgie_4
youtube.com/watch?v=Yn08f_-1QD0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'll dump my Holla Forums related webms when I can. I have some Windows-tan, Year Of The Linux Desktop, Is Your Son A Hacker, Welcome To Life, etc.

Honestly, that's a nice commercial.

What's wrong with mp4?

mp4 has lots of bullshit with patents and licensing.

Pure, concentrated, autism

He was probably right, though

webm is designed by google

also, if source format is mp4, why not keep it that way?

So? mp4 is managed by companies worse than Google, such as Apple, and Google is actually really decent about things like codecs. They've granted a universal, unrevokable, royalty-free license to do whatever you want with webm even if their patents cover it.

Google is a terrible company but none of the ways they're terrible apply to things like webm.

Because you can instead take a step to a world without mp4.

I think these are some the least interesting complaints about javascript.

Because of the way javascript is used it's generally better to keep going even if the programmer is asking for bullshit. If you stop then the page breaks, if you continue then it may or may not break. This is even more important because of all the competing and not always compatible javascript engines there have been.

So you end up with people giving talks that say "woaaaah, I put bullshit in and bullshit came out", which is much more appealing than "woaaaah, I put bullshit in and it gave an error".

webms are shit, mp4 are god-tier video.

Let's clear up stuff:
* MPEG-4 Part 14 aka mp4 (the container) is a free ISO standard.
* AAC (which is the standard audio stream for mp4) is also a free ISO standard. What was lacking was a free and good encoder, which ffmpeg gave us few months ago.
* MPEG-4 AVC aka h264 is patent encumbered but a free encoder (x264) and decoder (lavc) exist today, and are the standards one. The only "problem" is that you're technically a lawbreaker is certain countries like the US for using it.

tl;dr no problemo but VP9/Opus is better anyway (just too slow)

And MP4 was produced by a corporate orgy of the worst scum on earth. What's your point?

You're saying them like there's a difference

There is. Google is bad, but not part of the worst scum on earth. They didn't ruin webm.

What part of Google's badness applies to webm?

There is a difference, but I doubt an animal like you has the attention span to comprehend it.

I don't see the video as much of criticism towards javascript. The only thing the presentator is trying to achieve is making people laugh at some things you might not expect from a language.
I don't like javascript, but I wouldn't use this video as an argument against it, just to laugh a bit.

embedded mp4s don't work in palememe

They don't work in IceCat either. I remember getting them to work a while back, but since I've reinstalled, I can't seem to remember what I did.

I've always pronounced it Nu. The G is silent.

Only in the word "gnu". The G in GNU is explicitly pronounced to distinguish it from the word.

You can read all about it in the GNU manifesto:
gnu.org/gnu/manifesto.html

excellent

fantastic work

I fucked up. Here's my webms:

fuck you, codemonkey

You're going to detect my flood in your ass if you don't let me post, Codemonkey.

Not bad tbh

If only programmers realized that nowadays.

whats a good webm player for andriod? the onl reason i use mp4 is because i have yet to find a good webm player for my phone.

can we go back to those times yet?

Overchan plays them just fine, provided you have Android 3+.

I say 3+ because, while overchan works on say Froyo (2.2.3), it doesn't recognize webm for whatever stupid reason.

Double post because forgot a webm.

The problem with this, is that only those who can use technology competently wont have to worry about malware on linux.
If you know enough to write bash scripts for performing a tedious task, and using cronjobs for task scheduling, compiling your own binaries or fixing a broken config, chances are you know enough to not fuck yourself in the ass like googling for drivers for some printer and clicking the very first ad link which takes you to some malware distributor that has you download and install their "download helper" that downloads and installs "driver doctor 2016" which for some reason scans your computer like an antivirus and reports that you have a million broken registry files and 500 viruses, but if you give the company your credit card information they will make the bad viruses go away.

Technologically illiterate people will still be prone to clicking and downloading anything, and the moment anything stops working as intended, they'll drop it like a sack of wet shit and shout "this is too hard! i'm going back to windows!" where everything continues to break every single week, but they have "quality assurance" because they paid for the operating system.

That had nothing at all to do with Holla Forums. Get your Holla Forums shit back where it belongs OP.

>>>Holla Forums

Nigga technology
youtube.com/watch?v=0HIous9YOjs

Embeds allow tracking. The thumbnails are hosted by Google.
Disabled site-wide, attempt to get it back again in progress.
>>>/metatech/1230

How did you end up so mentally ill that you feel compelled to use a fake IP to post a public youtube video to a social media website?

OP's video, shows how dumb internet of things is.

Real cute, dipshit. Go back to your browser thread.

webm version with macfag ruining it

*without macfag

Thanks. The other one was all I could find.

I'd just like to interject for a moment.

Linux hasn't been Free Software since 1996, when Mr Torvalds accepted the first pieces of non-Free Software in the distributions of Linux he has published since 1991. Over these years, while this kernel grew by a factor of 14, the amount of non-Free firmware required by Linux drivers grew by an alarming factor of 83.
fsfla.org/ikiwiki/anuncio/2010-03-Linux-2.6.33-libre.en

And it's even worse when you know that the linux foundation quietly dropped the community representation
mjg59.dreamwidth.org/39546.html
look at those ""members""
linuxfoundation.org/about/members

I think our only hope is the hurd kernel.

bofh.nikhef.nl/events/FOSDEM/2016/k4601/hurd-rump-kernel-sound-and-usb.mp4

get out, bsd-cuck

Just for you, autist.

It's stallmeme, what do you expect? Someone with a functioning brain?

>>>/autism/
Nobody cares about your useless crusade against common, useful video formats. If the site supported it I'd post a .wmv just to spite you.

>>>/autism/

>>>/autism/

CUCKMONKEY FIX YOUR SHIT

looks more like they're making fun of Google

Are you retarded ?
Did you live for the past 5 years under a rock ?
Stop implying bullshit, you fascist/totalitarian scum.
Software should be made by people who wants to be free/libre not by some idiot who only see the technical benefits and who don't gives a shit about ethics.
I don't care if money is put in it or not what matters is that I does not fuck the users.
You can see the technical benefits of the vanilla linux kernel gplv2 right now, it's fucking bloated with blobs and it fucks millions of users who use android.
What did the linux foundation to it's community is despicable.

Do you even know what I am talking about ?
Did you even read the post ?
The hurd is not bsd licensed it's GPLv3.

Nigga technology
youtube.com/watch?v=rTzO-_Yl4d0

Is the video in the OP's post is a kind of "smart/IoT"-babyguard thing getting hijacked by some guy viewing through the camera and playing the sonic sound through the speakers ?

Damn, that's look like shit, those IoT shits.

yeah they are hilariously broken in terms of security, besides the fact that most people probably set it up themselves and never bothered changing default passwords, there are also very easy ways to bypass the security entirely, same goes for a lot of security camera models

Probably more like

who is this clown

Source?

I don't understand what he thinks Stallman should do. Should he reject those donations?

Besides, Stallman got a huge grant he could live on the rest of his life, since he lives like a student. He doesn't need that funding for his personal well-being.

More bullshit. He thinks that statutory rape is nonsense, and typically brings it up if an adult woman has consensual sex with a male teenager and gets charged with rape.

The response to the birth announcement was a joke involving seahorses.

Stop trying to start an argument in a webm thread, make your own thread if you want to discuss politics and ethics. Post more videos.

It seriously triggers my autism to all shit that he calls it gnome and not GUH-nome like how it's supposed to be.

Jesus aren't you fucking full of yourself. I didn't say "don't use this format," stop putting words in my mouth, faggot. The thread has webm in the title if you want to be a smartass about it.

I love this guy, he really really really makes my day.

this isn't a social media website. i don't know what you're trying to say
?
clearnet cuck fuck off

youtube.com/user/msadaghd

That is legitimately scarey

"Lenny Linux" should play mini-Linus Torvalds if there's ever a movie about him. He actually looks like a kid version of Linus.

Sorry the quality sucks, it could barely make it under the 8mb limit.

amazing

ABC doing some good shit for once

thats great, wonderfully urbane. did you make it yourself? where can i find more? the only music ive found thats even similar to what i can only call Urbane music is the Sim City 5 soundtrack and a man can only listen to the same 20 songs so many times

ell i just got to the vocals, ad i must say the songwould be better without them, but i am biased here; i prefer instumentals.

Have you tried Carbon Based Lifeforms?

youtube.com/watch?v=vd0sHifpzIk

Where The H*ck Did The Embed Field Go?

Holla Forums board owner doesn't have it enabled because of cookies iirc, also watch your language please.

thanks for wasting two minutes of my life faggot

Wow, I was wondering why Holla Forums's quality had fallen so low.

So this is the kind of retard that browses this site nowadays.

What a high quality contribution to the community, board, and thread. Thank you so much for your whining user.

case in point

modarchive.org/index.php?request=view_by_moduleid&query=149318
I didn't make it.

Oh hey, it's the guy who made Cone Head OS Lovebugs OS GodsBog OS, Shawn Cook.

members.tripod.com/cpu_bios/

I’m sorry that you will spend two minutes less watching pedophilic Nepalese cave paintings.

top kek
but why are you using cuckchan user
also why windows

is there a version of this that doesn't scream "Donate to our patreon and help us fund our Kickstarter!"?

get lost, fuckwit

What the fuck am I looking at exactly?

this might be tthe best video of all time

I didn’t make it. :^)

not Holla Forums related though
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It's obviously a demonstration of various sorting algorithms. Each comparison is expressed as a tone, who's pitch is determined by the value of the participating elements.

Jesus christ that's fucking magic.

What if I told you that, under certain conditions, you could sort in O(n) time?

What if I told you that claim was misleading and the correct notation was O(mn)?

is that some wd40?

It's compressed air. Do you even clean your computer?

Ost on haxzor.webm?

I hate media

nice thread tbh

What's the name of the game in this webm?

OY GEVALT YOU GET HIM GOY! SHOW THAT EBIL NAZI WHO'S BOSS!

Just some coobs.

I want ALL those computers, IMMEDIATELY.

I'm scared of people. I need computers. 8 bit computers.

Computers

Computers

what program is that?

Holy kek I think even IE used to do better than that.

OpenMPT

I want the wallpaper ;-;

Kek frowns upon you.

Sorry kek

Checked and praised Kek

retard detected

That's news only for people who didn't play DE.

dude, RMS rocks on the floor

lol, of course not, you idiot.

monkey see monkey do

"Old Granny COBOL" Admiral Grace Hopper of the US Navy, inventor of the first high level language compiler A-0.

Sadly great women like her are few and far in between, rest her soul.

Will dump rest of my Holla Forums webms tomorrow

That first one makes me smile so much

The ultimate reaction webm

Webm:
Developed by Initially On2, Xiph, and Matroska; later Google

Google only does ever is steal vulnerable FOSS projects and ruin them later for their own purposes. On webm's case they find it beneficial for the future of jewtube. The question is when are they gonna add the botnet garnish?

Says no leet.

We'd seen other stuff like the Android project. Sure android is a hit on the normies side but android after google-fication is now just a filthy operating system with in-built backdoors and unstopabble kernel-level telemetry to google (don't believe it? try sniffing packets or logging connections) not mentioning the backdoor also added by those chink/kimchee OEMs in their modified launchers and pre-compiled system binaries while the apps you download in playstore including official apps like facebook are all riddled with spyware that constantly sponges your privacy for selling to third parties. They're also potentially ticking timebombs the fact that no OEM has the time to ever recompile the whole codebase to do a patchfix and security update but has the time to release a newer model every quarter of the year while these device also exponentially increases unrecyclable e-waste because normies will pay for a the bleeding edge features that a normal computer can do anyday.

This is Google, there is no defending it. Sure VP9 was a bretty gud but it's not the work of google, it is the hard work of wagecuck and some hotpocket coders. They also took in the revolutionary idea of a modular phone and it's branded now as "Google ARA." Sure it was good concept and they developed it after a year and few months but there's no stopping the backdoor kikery.

New ideas will die young if Google finds it. It will turn into a grotesque creature to do their bidding.

Is it just me or the mouse was moving backwards?

source?

Symphony

My dick got hard.

where is the first RMS one from?

The encoded title says "160210-PanTalks", so probably from PanTalks on 10 february 2016 or 16 february 2010.

Mad stallman is best stallman.

This video makes me nautious.

I've seen this thumbnail before, but I never actually clicked it. Holy fucking shit that's golden.

here it is panter.ch/files/pantalk_rms/160210-PanTalks-Richard_Stallman-FM.webm

there is a version on YouTube, but they seem to have clipped the good bit off the end.

Praise Kek moar

wew lad

I really admire this guy’s autism. He even uses the correct term “manifold” to describe the behavior of the GOL on the borders.

The rest are too big to post.

Put That There (Original)-RyBEUyEtxQo.webm a.pomf.cat/aehgyr.webm
Put That There (Hack)--bFBr11Vq2s.webm a.pomf.cat/wesndi.webm
Put That There-PeWwfhsSqsc.webm a.pomf.cat/yeumxm.webm

BONUS:
Siemens RTL Tiled Window System
a.pomf.cat/bybjfj.mp4

Full video:
youtube.com/watch?v=tc4ROCJYbm0

Young Rob Pike.

My entire life was a lie.

user tells it like it is

It works in Seamonkey

What mouse is that?

The internet was a mistake

Good lord. Not quite as bad as that other hissy fit though.

Is APL the language of gods?

Wow Stallman went through the entire SJW argument check list in 60 seconds.

I dislike this video because the guy goes from "maybe you were right dad" to "oh hey tits and ass"

very nice user

do you make your own samples or download them?

Maybe you're rusing, but in case you're not, rms has a mic and we probably hear only him in the video.

i'm not sure if its because i'm autistic, or maybe i'm better than the average normalfaggot, but i can't recall a single time i bought anything from targeted marketing. every major that i've bought, i came to the conclusion that i wanted it because i went out of my way to research what was available, like a project.

Planting it in your head is enough to influence your decision.

Fucking masterpiece.

I'll say this, while targeted marketing has never really influenced my buying decisions it has been somewhat convenient, having services know what I like is somewhat helpful, for instance, if I'm going to *website.com* to buy *product name* and they somehow figured that out on their own then displayed it for me on their front page in the "for you!" section that saves me the 2 seconds it takes to type it in and click the result anyway. Actually the most useful one to me is when they know what I'm not interested in, please don't advertise products I already own, it's going to annoy me, same with anything that doesn't even make sense like girl cloths or dog food, etc.

Now personalized searching has been something I like, I'm willing to let Google know how I think a little bit if it means my search results always have what I'm looking for. I've noticed it prioritizing things I'm actually looking for while I'm logged in as opposed to when I'm not.

Most people seem against this kind of thing which I get the privacy concern, I'd rather my data not be stored on some remote server that's at risk of being compromised in one way or another, but I also like the benefits I get for taking that risk sometimes.

I'm really not sure how to feel about the whole thing. I've got nothing to hide and don't mind being targeted by ads since I have self control and don't impulse buy things but the whole thing seems questionable regardless. There's got to be some better, optional way to deal with this stuff. Like just keeping your personalized "interests" data local and making requests with that optionally instead of it being stored remotely and implicitly.

This is our future.

I'm immune to targeted advertising

My life has been changed forever.

Could you actually do that?

Songname? Searching for a while.

What's that from?

Robot & Frank. It's a good science fiction film about the near future. Maybe the most realistic science fiction film I've seen.

The first one makes me happy but also kind of sad. Its like the nerd saying his ridiculous dream in front of the class and everyone just laughs at him and the teachers like yeah ok bud.

Any of you lads got a torrent for that vidya?

Wait...
Is this a real thing?
Japan is now turning into the degenerate country that is South Korea and the game got inspiration from?
God has truly abandoned us.

E: Invalid operation love

g502

It's part of the joke. Kevin was a halfchan tripfag who ran Ubuntu and would change the screenfetch to say Gentoo whenever he shat up desktop threads.

squid girls are love

You're exactly like me.

The only data they get is my shitposting in christcuck threads on Holla Forums.

Either they have me flagged as a hobo or as defcon threat level crimson.

mfw. I show people my 15 year old modified cell phone.

fucking normies

so basically microsoft makes a commercial trying to spin their spying on you as somehow a good thing?

Good, let the rage flow through you.

Maybe one day he'll learn.

No, this doesn't have anything to do with spying. They're trying to spin people who dislike Internet Explorer as virgin losers.

Well they aren't wrong.

t. virgin loser

What's the second one? I'm not finding anything from searching.

Here you go.

I'm getting some real nostalgia here

all it needs is windows media player docked in the taskbar playing edgy highschooler music

Thank you, but I meant the program.

I don't remember what one specifically but it was a javascript implementation of seam carving..

Actually hold on I still have it
seamCarve.html
a.pomf.cat/oshxnz.html
No clue who the author is.

Check this shit out:
youtube.com/watch?v=6NcIJXTlugc

The supreme gentleman takes off his shoes before he stomps his foot.

oh wow, RMS has a lot of coordination for an autist

When he was young he danced a lot, until he had to stop because of a knee injury.

requesting song source PLEASE

what am I looking at here?

An extension of the first webm.

Also Linus admitting the obvious.

The only piece of software I can ever recall buying was a piece of compression software back in the day so I could get the most out of floppy disks. I think it was called AladdinZip but I can't find anything about that online. They had their own proprietary compression algorithm that did better than .zip or .rar.

The game has been silently censored by governments, even on torrent trackers. Everything you can get from popular sites is probably a virus, or worse.

Why the fuck Tor image upload has been disabled on Holla Forums?

Fuck you. Fuck you so much for thinking you could just upload some 4chan tier silent shit. We have fucking audio here, faggot.

god dammit that's fucking hilarious

It's disabled site-wide I think.

What's the full video for the first one?

It is. I managed to let Codemonkey know it's a problem, but as far as I know he doesn't have concrete plans for re-enabling it.

would you guys recommend this shit?

Did you even look at the thread?

tfw im not even suprised.

I am too illiterate on the subject to know if this is bullshit or not but copying 65536 4-hex combinations without taking a break is impressive on its own right.

Well yeah. I mean, if it only takes one second per number (fat chance), it would still take them more than 18 hours non stop.

And they have not made (m)any mistakes either, because it worked straight away.

holy shit that's amazing

Is this show any good?

what happened to mike?

Good thing someone fixed that webm, the old version was encoded in potato quality with awful audio at points.

Sauce? I remember that one time years ago when /g/ got into a school district's system and changed all lunch items to $9001 and sent out a district wide email to all staff and parents concerning student's improper usage of the term Linux.

Yeah, that's why everybody's moving away from it

Those were all false claims.
He ended up getting removed from the show shortly after this rant.

Because Edge

just your standard shitcode game being rekt
longpoke.github.io/ea170bb6a8a6c3e4b084c59af939b9486ae5b71e7718ae0851a3ee2e04085719.mp4

oops dunno why i saged

mp4 is the video format of the 90s. The image quality is literally lower than jpg. Mp4's purpose was to be transferred over 10mb/s ethernet before you killed yourself waiting for it to load, and it did that quite admirably. Now that gigabyte fiber-optics are a thing, it's time for higher-quality formats like webm.

Jesus fucking christ.

Fuck the media.

First season is, after that it goes to shit.

you can set the frame rate with the ticking

You fucking retard. It's a fucking container. You can stuff it with whatever encoding format you want. Hell you could stuff full frames uncompressed bitmaps in it with wave audio. WEBM is also a container and you can stuff those same fucking things in WEBM. Only WEBM sucks ass because it uses fucking xml which is verbose as shit. WEBM is for people who want to loose 3 to 10 percent of a file size in fucking pseudo human readable shit when no god dammed human will ever fucking read that shit ever. Now to be a fully complient webm you gotta use only a subset of codecs created by (((google))) because they did not want to fight the hollywood jews over licensing rights. It littaraly is less efficent than main stream codecs becaus they had to leave out patented technology. mp4 can contain either H.265, H.264, VP8, or VP9 it can literally do everything WEBM can do.

Fucking legend. You should think of some way to capitalise on your supernatural naturalness

holy shit this guy on the left is such a fucking faggot. making shit up and pretending to have morals to insult rms. i'm not even a stallman fag but the things anti-stallman fags say are completely fucking retarded.

10/10 would punch in the face

I agree with you man, but I think you should check your spelling.

I thought this was a period piece not a fantasy.

Everybody can or have the potential to make a child even if he/she total idiot, but programming require skills.

If they didn't have her the show would have issues progressing. just like the Hex codes. Of course they have to take some liberties because it would be boring as fuck to spend an hour watching some guy get pissed because his circuit is shorting/not working and he doesn't know why the fuck the electronic gods have beseeched him.

mike probably didnt have the 7zip menu in his right ckick menu. when you install 7zip you have to run it once as administrator so it can create the right registry entries

him and RMS are friends now

proof?

he was on an hour long video with him
archive.org/details/CompromiseInFreeSoftware
and here is the plebbit link
reddit.com/r/linux/comments/3zvbnw/compromise_in_free_software_a_roundtable/?st=isz5s05e&sh=d193d3cf

You'd like the soundtrack to that windows xp plus game russian squares. Music was dynamic depending what you did in the game. Really cool shit.

Here's someone playing, you can hear it change depending on the player's moves:

Correct link of dynamic music
youtube.com/watch?v=Yn08f_-1QD0

Thanks for the comfy thread guys.

Scary as fuck