Is it possible for a lifelong addict to ever kick all addictions? Or do you always replace one thing with another?

Is it possible for a lifelong addict to ever kick all addictions? Or do you always replace one thing with another?

Replace it with working out daily, drinking protein shakes and cold showers.

normal fag confirmed

try focusing on no fap

only a normalfag would say something like this.

nice trips

>>>/freech/

Hey there fatty. What's it like having 7 chins?

go drink your protein shakes faggot.

I had one an hour ago, after doing 200 pushups.

wow you're so cool because you work out.
stop showing off you faggot we can all see through your insecurities

I could literally benchpress your fat tranny gf

do i have a fat tranny gf?

I meant bf, sorry

and btw what are you doing on 8ch you excerise fag.
go work out you fucking cunt and go back to fag book you bitch

just killing time and making fun of fat faggots like you.

I don't browse social media sites. Nice stab though.

nice dubs

you were obviously the kid at school with no friends kys

I was actually the stoner kid in my HS, I had a decent amount of friends. Then I turned 20 and realized that I was being a moron.

no one cares if you smoked weed a lot of kids smoked weed and probably more now than ever.

please just fucking kill yourself

k den

I wasn't bragging when I said I smoked a lot of weed, I was doing the opposite.

you were just fucking bragging. how retarded are you

just do us all a favor and kill yourself you piece of shit college kid.

a lot != bragging

I can't tell if you're projecting or just retarded.

what im trying to say is that it was unnecessary to say you smoked a lot of weed. because from what i understand, you were a stoner in high school from the last post.

you have autism fr

You tried to brand me as being a loner in school and I told you my true form. This isn't bragging, it's just a response.

its bragging you fucking idiot why else would i be arguing with a 20 year old college kid who works out and spends his time on Holla Forums just to make fun of people.
you act if i am not paying attention you fucking exercise fag,
go get your long board that your parents bought you and stick it up your ass you faggot

First of all, I never said "i smoked a lot of weed", I simply said that I was a stoner type in HS, which is a common demographic. I never bragged about "smoking tons of weed bro". You are just projecting. Scroll up.

what are you like 19?
your life is shit
deal with it

I used to bike almost daily, I could maybe take a bike ride at times I'd normally be smoking or drinking.

I have to agree. I've waited almost 15 years for things to get better and they get worse.

You can't do it alone, you will have to hire somebody who will be watching you 24/7 and as soon as you will be inclined to take the drug, he will kick the shit out of you until you get unconscious. Or solitary confinement for the rest of your life.

That's more true than false, even if you were joking.

Holy shit I have never seen a faggot saltier than this on Holla Forums

Hit Holla Forums up November 9th.

It will never end. Never.

Every second without it leads to two seconds with it. It is an uphill climb with broken arms. It will never end until it takes everything you love, everyone you love, and finally you yourself in that order. You fucked up and now you need to live with it.

And for gods sake, feel fucking ashamed for what you have done to your family. You cannot even begin to understand the pain they feel when they look into your eyes and see what you have wraught by choice. Don't you dare forget that, you piece of shit.

Nice try. If you were such a moral person, you wouldn't be here.

You shut the hell up, weak little punkass. No matter what my morals are, you are a rubbish pile made sentient and have no standing in any conversation, online or otherwise. Go kill yourself now so your family can stop crying themselves to sleep over what you used to be. So they can finally be free from the prison of simply knowing you.

You must love having addicts around, I can see no other reason for wanting to bring others down this much.

Depends on how you view addiction.
Modern society and our methods of communication and commerce insure we can get many things instantly. Our propensity for instant gratification insures that we enter the world dependent on many things and doubly so since they can arrive to us so quickly.

I think its a matter of being able to kick the environment that harbors the addictions in the first place.

People associate addiction with desperation, being willing to do anything for a fix. But with that perception many things fall under the radar, because society has channeled our dependencies into socially acceptable forms, and its accetpable for people to work since that captures our consumerist addictions, and its acceptable for people to drink as we have made a night life that shrouds alchohol addiction, and many pretenses that shroud computer addiction. The question is, what would we do when our environment is taken away for these blaise dependencies we have? Would we adapt, or would we become desperate to break into old habits?

I think these aspects are more important than the literal physical dependency of drugs, since without this higher order desire, those physiological cravings and effects can realistically be fought.

You need to get your own shit straight before judging others. You are clearly a miserable person. You might not be alone if you weren't so insufferable. You can deliver your message effectively if you are less dickish. I will never listen to someone who is insulting me just for the sake of being a cunt.

I am miserable, and it is because my youngest brother was a failure at life just like you. Heroin addict sincr 17. Black tar. I watched him constantly crumble before my eyes, refusing every help he could possibly get. I gave him 75 percent of my life savings to go to rehab in another state and he quit after a month. Every single week is another spiel about how "he will really do it this time," even though he cries after three days because wahhh it hurts too much waaahhh and dashes all of our hopes for the trillionth time.

After three or four years of this I finally wised up and realized trying to make him "feel better" was only enabling him. He didn't want a life without drugs, he wanted a life where his drug didn't hurt him so bad, just like your milquetoast ass. You don't want to get clean, you want to get fucked up without having to put up with the consequences.

And what is possibly the most important thing, you drag your entire family down with you because they love you so fucking much. But you don't care. You think a little ball of bullshit that smells like burnt cinnamon and rroadkillor pills is more important than your siblings and the people who gave birth to you. You constantly lift them up with your empty promises and hurt them horribly when you fail yet again. Every single time you smoke whatever you are smoking you blow it right in the face of everyone who ever believed in you, you sorry fuck.

So not only will I not be nice to you, I will reiterate that you have a special place waiting in hell for you. I hope more than anything that you are chained to a pillar with that shit just out of reach for all eternity so you can feel one one-trillionth of the suffering your family goes through every single day because of you.

Wow, no big wonder someone wouldn't want to give up drugs with a dedicated downer like you around.

Keep up that snark, you walking carcass. You're going to die alone in a ditch soon anyway, so I really don't care if you choose to pull your head out of your ass. Keep it up there, you'll be able to fit in a child coffin which will be cheaper for your family when they have to pay for your funeral.

You're just a bright little ray of sunshine and optimism, aren't you?

Snark, sure, I think I'm just telling you how it is. Who wants to face reality when all it has to offer are visions of hell you seem so fond of painting.

You stopped facing reality the instant you took your first hit.

Worth reading a few times for sure.

The last time I saw that much projection I was at a drive-in theater. You never asked what my addiction was, yet you assume and accuse me of what you're most familiar with. Maybe your brother turned to junk because you are no support.

So we're back to the classic "no u"? Guess we'll leave it at that then.

Btw, a lot of the people you taking jabs at for drug use aren't even OP.

Pretty typical addict logic, gotta love it.

That's how you sound to normal, strong willed people. Are you proud?

You'd feel empowered to take control of your life from hearing that from someone close to you?

You aren't normal or strong in any way. You're just another lonely dick trying get a (You) so you'll be a little less alone, if even a moment. How about you talk your issues out with your brother instead of unrelated people online? He already died is my guess, which actually sucks.

Nobody owes you a fresh binkie and a pat on the ass because you do drugs. Who the fuck do you think you are? You're fucking worthless and you can choose to change that or not, but don't pretend you are even half the man I (or anyone who functions without drugs) am as you are right now.

The problem with addicts is you want to be told it is okay when it fucking isn't.

That isn't even the OP you're accusing, again.

The problem with addicts is that they haven't had nice things in their life and need supplements. When they are being emotionally drained by the likes of you, their problems will never go away, even if they could have done it themselves.
I get it, you know they'll never get over it. They obviously won't because you are making sure it's a self fulfilled prophecy.

I have a close friend suffering from serious addiction, that's who I think I am.

I wasn't really joking, I don't see any possible way how an addicted person can overcome an addiction without constant supervision and harsh punishment for attempting to get the drug. The only thing I am addicted to is fapping, but I can't break even that, so these artificial drug addictions must be much worse.

I haven't done any drugs in over 24 hours, and every other thought I have now is about drugs or alcohol. Im trying to do anything to keep my mind occupied, even getting trolled or doing housework. At this stage I don't have much hope, and I honestly can't even envision any future outside this moment or the next few moments. I haven't ever been happy, even before drugs, but without them I feel nothing.

Holla Forumsanon beee like

Become addicted to AA. It's gay but harmless

I am not religious, but I tried AA in good faith years ago. I didn't know it was a church group. They said God is the only way, but I'm not sure I believe in their God or any God.

Is there any non-religious AA equivalent that exists?

Dude, you don't have to buy into the religious aspect you just have to accept it. I know that sounds weird but you can make yourself believe in God when you have to. My point is you're always going to be an addict so get addicted to something healthy like old man church club

Try different meetings, I very rarely have had experiences like yours. There are always religious undertones though. Your higher power can be whatever you want though. The point is to give up control.

OP here in case this thread dies before I get a chance mention it: thanks for the posts and discussion, even

I had a relative that had to go and his higher power was a space heater in the corner of the room. He was like a pre-fedora tipper but still a faggot.

Did they have success with the program? So many people I know recommend AA and NA, so it must work for most people. I've always feared and resisted loss of control, so I would really need to change my approach to life. I can't say that would be bad, as my current approach doesn't work. I'm desperate enough at this point that I think I'm going to go to a meeting sometime this week if they have one in town.

It works if you commit and make It a big part of your life. Giving up being a shit head is the hardest part.

I'm going to make an honest effort for once. I found someone online who has similar problems with addiction and got their contact info in the hopes that we could both support each other as an added layer of help. We voice chatted and it helped a lot to talk to another addict. I'm very antisocial, but I need to try something new if I want a new result (success). I don't want to be a loser anymore and I'll change where necessary.

Stick with it. Good luck, user