The f-35 is awesome. Deal with it

The f-35 is awesome. Deal with it.

ok

Its the plane that will lose the next war the USA gets into.

Russian MIGs > all else

this text to speech is pretty damn good.

I recall my government order several F-35s, they were delivered late, and then our military told the government the planes were useless. And stuck with their old jets.

I'm expecting the US Military to commission an F-35a with more streamlining based on the F-35 for both
a.) domestic purposes

and

b.) so they can get as much of their dollars worth as they possibly can on this sunk project

400 billion dollars
that's 400,000,000,000 dollars
for fewer than 2500 planes.
Even Israel want to cancel their order.

welcome to 'murrica. We spend your tax dollars on horse shit :^)

moving my head from one side to the other repeatedly, my colleague

It's a useless piece of old tech flying overpriced junk, Russians will wipe their asses with these ridiculous overcomplicated "machines". It's a shame for the USA.

The F-35 is only awesome for what it was built for. It's supposed to be a fighter/ground attack combo much like the F-16, with the notable difference that the F-35 was never supposed to be a dogfighter, the idea being that its fighting will only be BVR.
They already thought dogfighting was obsolete back when they adopted the F-4, which resulted in a nasty surprise when they actually sent those things to combat and realized the pilots need to identify their targets before shooting, which meant getting up close.

Maybe with today's better BVR missiles and IFF technology dogfighting could be made obsolete. The issue is that if you trust the IFF tech too much you'll end up with more 1994 Black Hawk shootdown incidents.

So the F-35 is kind of a weird one, we just have to see if it works out. I wouldn't count on it, but neither would I rule it out.

It really is way too expensive, though.

Different types of planes for different purposes. What you're saying is kinda like writing
or replace the F15 with A-10, because Sukhoi also has Su-24.
The Sukhois are simply bigger planes better suited for dogfighting.

That shit is more computerized and prone to failure than any US or Russian aircraft in service. Which is why it remained an experiment. Keep this shit off this thread.

Let me guess, you got butthurt cause /k/ pointed out the billions of flaws with the F-35 and you couldn't deal with it?

The F-35 has 200 rounds of puny 25mm ammo in its twin barrel gun.
The A-10 has 2100 rounds of 30mm HE and DU armor penetrating ammo in its 7-barrel cannon.

We thought the M-1A2 was a super tank too, at least until the Saudis used it in Yemen and failed miserably with it.

America's only recent tank success was against Iraq, a country that had come out of a war with Iran that had killed 750,000 and was embargoed by the Jew controlled west for 12 years.

UAVs are a thing now, A-10s are mostly irrelevant

So they still teach pilots dogfighting just to be ironic?

Best CAS ever

Drones offer superior loiter capabilities, cheaper flight hours, and have equally as deadly/accurate weapons systems

And drones are easily shot down. The only reason russia hasn't downed every american and jew UAV is because they don't want to spark an international incident with king nigger running the show here.

Drones are not used in a theater without air superiority just like A-10s aren't used. We are talking about CAS with complete top cover, A-10s aren't needed anymore

Drones can be hacked. They are only good against third world tribals living in the desert. Using them against any country with an IT department is suicide. If shit hole Iran can hack our state of the art stealth drone, then so can Russia and China.

Drones have never and will not be hacked with any currently available technology. The signal feed may be intercepted but with proper encryption (which is used), flight controls/communication will not be compromised

What's the color of the sky on your planet?

Famous last words.

Please tell me when drones have been hacked and their controls/communication have been compromised

That protects data in transit. Nothing else, retard.

It prevents the injection of malicious data which could compromise control systems, thus why it is important in preventing attacks. I have some basic networking books that you can borrow if this is new information to you friend

Israel had live feeds from the drones intercepted, nothing else. No loss of control and no interruption of communication

Encryption doesn't work when your box has been popped

Sure, your traffic is secure, but that doesn't mean that the hardware is safe and that the firmware has 0 vulnerabilities (yeah right lol)