(Alleged) Hitler Quote Makes It Into Maine High School Yearbook

(Alleged) Hitler Quote Makes It Into Maine High School Yearbook

A high school in Maine is asking students to return yearbooks so a sticker can be affixed over a quote from Nazi leader Adolf Hitler.

Bangor High School Principal Paul Butler says no one caught the offensive quote that accompanied a senior's photo before the yearbook was printed. The student's quote referred to one attributed to Hitler: that "anyone who sees and paints a sky green and fields blue ought to be sterilized."

Butler called the quote "regrettable." He said all non-distributed books were affixed with a sticker.

Last week in Pennsylvania, a school district apologized after quotes from Hitler, communist leader Joseph Stalin and an Islamic State group leader were printed in a high school yearbook.

abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/hitler-quote-makes-maine-high-school-yearbook-39561874
archive.is/eXHIK

High School Apologizes After Yearbook Includes Hitler, Stalin Quotes

LEETSDALE, Pa. — A Pennsylvania school district has apologized after quotes from Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin and an Islamic State leader were printed in the graduating class section of this year's high school yearbook.

"Though the content of the quotes was reviewed thoroughly, the attributions clearly were not," Quaker Valley School District officials said in a statement Wednesday. The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review first reported the situation.

The Hitler quote is "Words build bridges into unexplored regions." Stalin's statement is more menacing: "Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, so why would we let them have ideas?"

The third quote is from Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi: "Be just: the unjust never prosper. Be valiant. Keep your word, even to your enemies."

Related: Student's Bottle-Flip Goes Viral

Students can get a refund on the books, or stickers to cover up the quotes.

The yearbooks cost at least $69, but can go for more than $100 if students have their names engraved, district spokeswoman Angela Yingling said.

Students submit quotes from famous people for inclusion in the yearbook, but Yingling said, "publishing the quotes is a shared responsibility of the yearbook staff, sponsor and administration."

The district won't say if students or anyone else faces punishment for the quotes.

Senior Dominique Cagliuso said she plans to cover the quotes in her book with the school-issued stickers.

"It makes the entire senior class look badly," she said. "It's also confusing how nobody caught it before it went out. It's one thing to have a silly quote from your favorite TV show, but to have a quote from dictators is disrespectful."

Quaker Valley High School has more than 630 students in grades 9-12, and Yingling said more than 360 of the yearbooks were distributed.

School board president Sarah Heres said she's "confident steps will be taken to ensure this lack of oversight does not happen again."

"This is a regrettable mistake, as the school district would never knowingly condone this messaging in a school-sponsored publication," the district said in a statement. "We are well aware of the emotions this has conjured in many of our students and their families, and for that we are sorry.

nbcnews.com/news/us-news/high-school-apologizes-after-yearbook-includes-hitler-stalin-quotes-n581211
archive.is/zOVWC

it's not even a "hateful" quote or whatever stupid buzzwords these cunts use now, it's just a simple inspiring line holy shit I hate kikes so much

THE HOLOCAUST NEVER HAPPENED BUT IT BETTER FUCKING HAPPEN SOON

Based kid

good on ya, kid

We all know it was a Taylor Swift quote. Stop culturally appropriating our quotes you fucking naziboos

And here i was hoping the kid quoted the passage on arguing with kikes from Mein Kampf

What Hitler quote would you use for your yearbook Holla Forums?

My school's yearbook had two Trump quotes from seniors iirc

I think Hitler would have a word to say about this Kikery

2edgy4school

Hitler has achieved a sort of godhood. His name will be immortal. No one will ever not know him for the rest of time.

It's even more appalling how an institute supposedly dedicated to teaching about the world would rather have seniors use meaningless quotes from TV shows than words of actually remarkable people.

Too late for me, prom was almost a decade ago.

I'm a britbong and put "Trump 2016, You can't stump the Trump." as my yearbook quote.

I would've tried to put a Hitler quote, but me being known to almost every student in the school, even those I have not even seen once in my life as a "Racist Trump supporter who is a Nazi", it wouldn't have gotten past moderation.

I used:
You can only fight for what you love.
You can only love what you respect.
You can only respect what you know.
-Adolf Hitler

This is terrible. I am Jewish and I want you to know this is very hurtful. It may even be illegal. You should stop this and stop being so hateful.

(((((d3643b))))

Run while you can.

(Heil'd)

Stop that! That's antisemitic. I know what those parentheses mean. And that's a thread, too1!

No, your grasp of English does.

Live in the same town going to hear about this shit at work.

God forbid kids exercise their rights to speech and expression, I mean, some busybody might get offended, oh no.

free speech is beautiful

I'm surprised that got past moderation as well with all the vitriol for Trump coming out of there

Even worse dude, I have family graduating in the same class.

It's gonna be time to drop some serious redpills tonight.

The kids probably didn't even know who the quotes were from. Even if they did, a positive message isn't automatically "bad" if a "bad" person said it. This is a logical fallacy.

Did the Jews themselves meme Hitler into popular culture?

Remember that they were the ones who paraded him to fill their victim complex.
And due to their arrogance and stupidity now Hitler is a household name.

What did bored neets do in 2004 when 4chan started? They starting to have fun becouse it was offensive and are generally a bag of dicks. Couple this with unlimited information from the internet.

Look where we are Holla Forums.
Trump posting Mussolini quotes

Yes, how problematic. Very toxic indeed. Muh Freeze Peaches.

/reddit/

How hurtful do you think the Jewish black/white miscegenation threads are to us then, in case you care?

t. reddit pro

Ewww there's a kike in here, kill it with radiant heat

Why is this wrong?

Vitriol is a corrosive material that when heated becomes sulfuric acid. Not a fucking buzzword to cover up what you really mean. Call the kikes out for what they are. Sex, not gender and all that jazz.

Those people aren't real, you'll be fine.

trolololololololololololol