Pokemon Go

I suspect Pokemon Go for having a shady business model.

Pokemon Go is funded by Nintendo and Google. It is made by Niantic, the same company that made Ingress, a game like Pokemon Go. Ingress has had some privacy concerns:
pando.com/2012/11/19/googles-ingress-is-more-than-a-game-its-a-potential-data-exploitation-disaster/
searchengineland.com/ingress-googles-ar-game-a-stealth-local-data-effort-175417

"The XM occurs with particular density around Verizon Wireless store locations, as well as more densely around shopping centers, libraries, and other public places"

Could it be that Pokemon Go will ultimately be used to analyze location data, lead people to certain affiliated stores?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/wsAqK0Gg
adamreeve.tumblr.com/post/147120922009/pokemon-go-is-a-huge-security-risk
nianticlabs.com/privacy/pokemongo/en
realultimatepower.net/
ft.com/cms/s/0/75942b12-48ba-11e6-b387-64ab0a67014c.html
archive.is/2016.07.12-042453/https://www.nianticlabs.com/privacy/pokemongo/en/
web.archive.org/web/20160711121746/https://www.nianticlabs.com/privacy/pokemongo/en/
archive.is/uVyww
player.vimeo.com/video/174821377
8ch.net/s/res/12527.html
vimeo.com/166807261
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Probably that and a hefty amount of data mining.

It's essentially CIA funded and will be used to send reddit-tier and normie autists anywhere ZOG needs a camera on the ground. It's basically weaponized autism

pastebin.com/wsAqK0Gg

Game is utter garbage too, not even much of a game at all, apparently it doesn't take much to send some stupid shit into any situation you want

Oh God, South Park was right.

I got an Ingress survey a while back about how I felt about sponsored node locations. A car insurance company was being used as an example.

So in short, yes OP. You are right.

I wanted to try it. Fuck.

Its Pokemon for fucks sake Jesus Christ take a walk outside

Everything is tailored towards advertising/datamining nowdays. OP is in the early stages of figuring this out, after a while you're able to determine how they're fucking you in the ass just by hearing a short description of a problem.
The OP's realization is pretty obvious, and it's exactly what they'll do for a revenue stream.

Short description of a product, rather*

Please leave, shithead.

all I can say is that Holla Forums is going to lose its shit when augmented/mixed reality gets its iphone moment and everyone is livestreaming head-mounted video directly to google's servers

SURVEILLANCE FOR EVERYONE
>implying we go outside
I'm already ahead of the curve.

You would like that, wouldn't you.

Saw a co worker installing it the moment it came out.

Asked for google login.

So basically it tracks and records your movement, has access to your camera, and knows when you're dicking around.

Apparently you can make a Pokémon Trainer Club account instead, so it cuts a small bit of the botnet away.

Just wear picture related and a beanie while in public.
The only places where you couldn't wear it (e.g. a bank) usually are the same places in which you aren't allowed to record video.

Pokemon Go already has this weird affiliate system where you can buy pokemon placement.
Basically you pay them money and they make rare pokemon appear in the area you specify (eg. your store) for a certain time (eg. some huge discount sale) to incentivize people to go there.

Bonnet.

How to detect a fake screenshot
You had one job.

This might finally actually make me go outside.

hory shet

FYI: topkek is shit. 8kek is much better. yes there is a cake brand in turkey called 8kek. Dankek also exists
t. turkfag
sage for irrelevant post

I'm not wearing a fucking face mask around user. If it actually came to that, I'd grab my gun and fight the good fight for Holla Forums, then kill myself before I could be caught.

The guy behind Niantic is from a company called Keyhole which was funded by the CIA for its geospatial data, while also creating Google Earth. This is clearly just to collect data, look at everything it needs from you just to download the game alone.

For those who don't know: Chinpokomon means "penis monster" in Japanese.

Here's a question I got for you dorks.
If it is being used for surveillance, how is it not capping out everyone's data when it forces the camera to the highest settings?

Location data =/= camera
They collect your frequent locations via GPS which takes about 200kb per collect.

I DON'T EVEN CARE ABOUT NORMIES ANYMORE, I JUST CAN'T EVEN I JUST CAN'T. LET THOSE WHO PREFER FREEDOM HAVE FREEDOM. LET THOSE WHO PREFER SLAVERY BE SLAVES. I WORK TO IMPRISON NORMIES NOW, WHILE PROVIDING THE MEANS FOR THOSE WHO SEEK FREE AS IN FREEDOM TO ATTAIN IT. NORMIES DESERVE WHAT THEY GET, IF THEY'RE GOING TO BE SLAVES THEY MIGHT AS WELL BE OUR SLAVES.

Yeah, literally Penis-mon. It's great

It's okay Stallman, we all think the same.

Do you even know what a normie is? Someone who likes Pokemon is not a normie anymore than someone who frequents Holla Forums or watches anime. You haven't seen an actual normie in so long that you look at everything and you scream normie. I dare you to try to tell me pic related are normies (yes, they're going out in public like this, to catch Pokemon).

FAGIOLI WEIGHS IN

I PLAY POKEMON EVERYDAY I WANT TO CATCH THEM ALL ;) LOL I'M SUCH A NERD

LITERALLY I CAN'T EVEN

Are you serious mate? Pokemon is like the most normie thing out there. Every chad, stacy, and norman spergs out over muh childhood when you bring up pokemon. Those two are definitely normalfags; they're only dressing up like that because they know that people will stop them in the street to tell them how awesome their outfits are.

topkek is where the meme comes from you fucking roach
t. former [s4s] pro

but there are normies and unaware people, that's difference

NO THAT IS THE SAME, ONLY SOME NORMIES CAN IN TIME BE AWAKENED BY OUR MEMES

FOR THEM THE DOOR REMAINS OPEN, FOR ALL OTHERS THEIR FATE WAS ALWAYS TO LIVE AS SLAVES

Except the normies, the normies didn't play it 'because they were too cool for that stuff'.

She's a pretty prominent anti-SJW, pro-GamerGate writer for The Escapist. Sure, she could be more autist, but I think she's autistic enough to qualify as 'not normie'.

Look, you're not going to win this fucking argument.

when i tried it said the servers were overloaded and they weren't doing sign ups

What now? Is this stuff seriously not autist enough for you? Just because it's not *chan autism™ doesn't make it normie.

IT'S STARING YOU IN THE FACE BUD

What, do you have a problem with coding standards that are named by their year too?

Your penis must be incredibly limp.
unless by 'STRONK WOMYN SPEAKER CARTOON' you mean the yellow thing... Which isn't even female, it's a Reddit meme, look up 'glorious PC master race' on Google images.

What are you? Some kind of MGTOW autist who's never used his PC for things other than programming?

A twelve year old 9gag enthusiast asked me if I was "pc masterrace" not too long ago.

You should have taken him under your wing and shown him where to get dank stuff.

Trey Parker is actually semi-fluent in Nipponese and (formerly) married to a famous Japanese woman, it's fantastic.

The HEY HEY LET'S GO 喧嘩する song from Good Times with Weapons is another great example of it.

GET OUT NOW NORMIE

Who's the normie now? I use Xubuntu.

IT ABSOLUTELY DOES

HIPSTER NON-DEV FAGGOT GET OUT

i can see where this is going and i don't like it

(checked)
that's not a woman speaker it's how autistic pc gamers see themselves

Not that guy but PC means x86 you cockbreathing retard.

PC MEANS PERSONAL COMPUTER YOU FUCKING IDIOT, WHICH MEANS WINDOWS BECAUSE YEAR OF THE LINUX DESKTOP NEVER YOU FUCKING IDIOT. X86 MEANS X86 YOU FUCKING IDIOT.

Calm those caps down little buddy. Redtext is 13+.

No, it doesn't.

IBM PC is a standard that includes x86, but also other things. It would typically come with DOS or Windows. "PC" is often used to refer to that standard and the things that grew out of it. Not all x86 computers are PCs. x86 phones are absolutely not PCs.

Nowadays it refers to a certain class of computer, not necessarily x86. There's no good reason to classify a x86 Chromebook and an ARM Chromebook very differently.

I calm those caps down just for you bae.

PC = "Personal Computer"

"Personal Computer" = an actual trademarked term used by IBM to refer to the IBM 5150 Computer and its immediate successors

The default OS was PC-DOS, MS-DOS, OS/2, and Windows, in the same sense Mac OS was the default OS for the Apple line and Commodore KERNAL/BASIC/GEOS was the default OS for the PET line

So yes, PC does in fact refer to a Windows machine in a traditional since. In contrast however it has become a genericized term

Top kek m8, some lad in Chile was arrested because he went out in the night and the police asked "what are you doing?" and he said he was catching Pokemons.

one person found a dead body and some guys set up an armed robbery using lures or some in game reward shit i don't know but they got caught straight away

I'm fluent in x86 Assembly, C and Python. Kys. Some of us have actual work to do and don't want to be constantly tinkering to get stuff working.

Jesus Christ is anywhere free of faggots?

So you must be a normie too then, because you use a computer which probably has a component that has its year marked on it.
It's just a year you autists.

adamreeve.tumblr.com/post/147120922009/pokemon-go-is-a-huge-security-risk

If I actually get a hijab and start wearing it out in public day to day, will people think I'm a transgender muslim or a ninja?

Why on earth would people think you were a ninja? They look nothing alike. They'd just think you're some kid trying to pretend to be their mum or you did it for a dare.
Pic related for comparison.

fuck, my bad i meant niqab
there's not really an excuse when the explanation is right there
it's not that stupid an idea, btw. everyone knows ninja hide in plain view. if you need more ninja facts i know a good website

Go back there son.

You have triggered my Holla Forums autism.

Vid related is you.

So retard, tell us exactly how you interact with web links if "clicking" is "normalfag", why are you on a Personal Computer if "PC" is normalfag?

Time to kill yourself now.

You have to go back.

From their privacy policy:
nianticlabs.com/privacy/pokemongo/en

Holy shit

Eh, there are subtle differences, with the niqab the actual veil is relaxed (because it's attached only at the top) whereas with ninjas it's tied tight around the face (because the whole thing is tied). See pic related if you don't get what I mean.
But then anyone wearing anything could be a ninja... Not that that's necessarily wrong, Ninjas did wear a range of stuff didn't they?

The ninja facts thing sounds cool though, would appreciate a link.

Either way, I don't think anyone would think you're a transgender Muslim, because they can't see much of your face so they'd probably think you're just a really masculine woman, even then, someone who thinks being transgender is halal wouldn't really strike most people as the sort to wear niqab because niqab is usually what really religious Muslim women wear.

Fuck pokemon. Never understood its popularity.

Shouldnt be handling a phone in a washroom.
Unsanitary.

I will probably download this piece of shit when it's available in Canada. I could install the apk now but I have a feeling I'll have to start over when the official release comes out here.

ok, but i hope you're ready to get pumped
realultimatepower.net/

The sad thing about that video is I'm pretty sure there's more of the same place.

Haha, fucking love that place.

sage cuz I'm retarded

What the hell am I reading.

Why do you think we've all been solving captchas for user?
[Select all *insert object recognition data here*]

Who are you quoting?

Jim

Dr. Oak, I am CIA.
You don't get to bring trainers.

yes

Your A Big Trainer

you sure are a sharp one.

shit like this will really force normos to wear an ar unit 24/7.

That just can't possibly be true. These certainly must be lies.

What are you, Sherlock Einstein? Of course it's shady, you retard. That's what all mobile developers do and it's only getting worse, and it's what all console vendors do too and it's only getting worse.

:^^^^)

DENNOU COIL WHEN?

More details are out:
ft.com/cms/s/0/75942b12-48ba-11e6-b387-64ab0a67014c.html

-----
The developer behind Pokémon Go , the smash hit location-based mobile game that has dominated US and Australian app stores and sent Nintendo shares soaring 50 per cent, is planning to allow retailers and other companies to sponsor places on its virtual map.

Niantic’s previous game, Ingress, involved a similar network of virtual “portals” mapped to on-street locations. Brands including pharmacy Duane Reade, café chain Jamba Juice and car-rental service Zipcar have reportedly paid to create sponsored Ingress portals in the US, in the hope of driving customers to their stores. In Japan, where Ingress is particularly popular, Lawson convenience stores and Tokyo Mitsubishi Bank paid for similar in-game promotions.
In an interview with the Financial Times, Mr Hanke hinted that similar advertisements would soon be coming to Pokémon Go.

Alongside in-app payments, “there is a second component to our business model at Niantic, which is this concept of sponsored locations”, Mr Hanke said, where companies “pay us to be locations within the virtual game board — the premise being that it is an inducement that drives foot traffic”.

Advertisers are charged on a “cost per visit” basis, similar to the “cost per click” used in Google’s search advertising, he said.
-----

This shit will allow gov/hackers to get cameras wherever they want in the city. We've already seen people unwittingly walk into police stations and get mugged in alleys.

let me guess, that means fighting Degeneracy.

rest of your post is just b8

kill me. shit 404'd for me but archives have it:
archive.is/2016.07.12-042453/https://www.nianticlabs.com/privacy/pokemongo/en/
web.archive.org/web/20160711121746/https://www.nianticlabs.com/privacy/pokemongo/en/
the proper implementation would have been to give the child a parentally controlled phone, and the parent simply locks or unlocks the game.

Transgender muslim ninja.

Hillary Clinton is holding a campaign event at a Pokémon Go gym - The Verge

archive.is/uVyww

:^)

This augmented reality shit is going to get out of control regarding advertising. I can see it now

we will see it certainly

Dankek is the brand and 8kek is a dankek product
sage for off topic

Pokemon go is being used to map out areas where google maps normally can't go. It was produced for google (specifically google maps) and you have to point your camera at everything. It's not just datamining, it's full video surveillance.

I could definitely see this becoming the future, it's got a bunch of little game mechanisms to entertain people.

Imagine a future where everybody sees this and you avoid the chip or glasses or whatever. You'd feel like you were in a dystopia.

I would honestly kill myself if there were literally ads in my face.

>>>/cuckchan/

Where can't google go but people can with their phones?

How are they transferring all this video and image without me knowing?

nope, they're not one of "us". yes, they're filthy normies. yes, kill yourself.

No shit. Or even worse....

Someone who likes a game which became almost instantly popular is a normie.
And of course, someone who listens to mainstream music is also normie. And so on.
Good things do not attract majority of people.
This is also the reason why (((Windoze))) is the most popular OS.

yeah, doctors and medicines are for normies too

If that was the case, they would probably put Pokemon in bumfuck nowhere. The current Pokemon generation algorithm pretty much forces you to stay in crowded areas, such as cities, that have already been mapped to death.

There probably is some datamining in play, but Google already has full access to your phone so I doubt this is going to be its main purpose. They are simply planning on making millions out of microtransactions and shady advertisement techniques.

Don't forget microprocessors

good goy

The streets and outsides of the cities have been mapped to death you mean.

You think this could be a test?

player.vimeo.com/video/174821377

>>>Holla Forums is at best split on the issue of privacy, and those in favour are usually viewing privacy as a method of resistance, not a goal in itself. To me privacy is a sacred thing and I have want nothing but horrible torture for those who wish to spy on me. Oh, and by the way, do you really think Hitler was a privacy activist?

Holy shit that's fucking sad. They're just being herded like cattle.

And then there's this shit:
8ch.net/s/res/12527.html

Jesus. I'm glad I live in a small town.

>>>/reddit/

Can't seem to find the original video anywhere.

holy shit

fuck people
fuck them all

vimeo.com/166807261

All you haters need to be thankful every day that these people are playing games and not pulling you out of your bed in the middle of the night and engaging in revolution. Thank the good Lord for Pokemon, for supplying this and other opiates of the masses.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

fucking saved

Every time people mean that I've heard them actually says so, "IBM PC" usually as "IBM-PC compatible" as opposed to just the generic "PC". IBM registering the trademark doesn't matter in any field other than legal, they can't "own" (meaning direct language) 2 already generic words, that kind of thing only applies to legal, not language. "Personal" was an existing word and so was "computer" prior to the trademark.

Lol, that's hilarious, I love it.

Kurisu pls

W-W-will you be my waifu?

s-Sure, but before we hold hands you need to promise me that you hate Net Neutrality. Its kind of my thing.

when isn't South Park right

these guys have hit the nail on the head 19 seasons in a row now.

turtles

They don't have to, it's the cool thing to do now, so of course they used to "watch that shit as a kid all the time".

On a phone? Isn't it obvious?

Didn't Eric Schmidt., google ceo, censor google autocomplete feature in favor of hillary clinton?

also epstein no longer autocompletes pedophile

Thank you for reminding me why I need to stock up on guns.

Can you link an actual fucking article instead of this piece of shit site that you have to sign in to read anything and redirects you when you close their goddamn shitty popup

If you're gonna link shit like this, an hero now

Wow. Yes it's a horrible site, but I couldn't find the article at another place, they all linked to that exact article.

You can read it through Google cache, but I doubt Google cache links last. And archiving Google cache doesn't work either due to their robots.txt.

I already posted the relevant parts, just deal with it.

Its an app that wants you to walk around carrying a literal tracker
What else did you expect?

The game is a fad that will die, gameplay sucks. I tried it and you have no control over the pokemon battles, so it's just grinding and flicking balls at pokemon with gestures endlessly at the gym. I just don't understand why there are so many pokemon centers in my small city. Every church, statue, Fountain and tower has one with a picture too. Who is choosing these locations and how?

Real question is when will a Lain/Wired version come out for us. You just know augmented reality will get better as we progress.

From what I heard they pulled the locations from ingress and some ingress players would say random crap is historic enough to get a portal.

Now you know why (((they))) call them cattle

that is a very interesting example. looks kind of cool, but the aesthetic is also kinda lame in some ways. it is certainly a horrible amount of eye-catching adverts, though. but maybe we'll adapt to tune them out just as we do static adverts in the street at present

oh man i forgot about LAIN SERIAL EXPERIMENTS

"the streets are mapped" if the gov't wants maps they can get them, worry about drones that can spy on whole cities or someshit