There will never be a definitive theme for any heroes but Batman and Superman

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wIwsqFjfKPs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I misread your post and was about to make myself look like I can't read. Now that I think about it, do any other super heroes have a very well known theme song?

Spidey has the 60s one, but I wouldn't call it 'definitive'. It's more like a meme for normalfags.

I like to imagine vid related as being Iron Man's theme song, even if the movie wasn't very good. It sounds like those old comics feel, when I hear it I think about him battling Ultimo or the Grey Gargoyle or somebody.

spiderman's theme more definitive than superman's.

The X-men had a cool theme

Spectacular Spider-Man was taken from us far too soon…

I'm not crazy about the scott pilgrim-esque artstyle, but yeah. The amount of love put into that series was insane.

Any fans of The Flash's theme from the TV series?

Also the title theme from Green Lantern TAS is short but sweet.

Meh. I get the feeling that if it were coming out today, people here would hate it.

I get a feeling that if Batman: The Animated Series or original Samurai Jack came out today, people here would hate them.

Spectacular Spider-Man moreso.

There's a lot of race swapping there (Liz Allan, Jean DeWolff and Roderick Kingsley instantly come to mind), which Weisman basically justified as 'it's [CURRENT YEAR]'. Character combinations are rather annoying, I didn't like that they made the essentially non-threatening Walter Hardy the burglar that killed Uncle Ben. Weisman also has a tendency to try and get pretentious with it, as is most evident in the episode where the characters audition for a part in A Midsummer Night's Dream, which makes me laugh because Weisman pulls the common mis-attribution of 'Oh what a tangled web we weave..' to Shakespeare (It's from Marmion by Walter Scott). Dialogue is also fairly ropey in general, which is a problem the MTV series didn't have.

Whereas Batman: The Animated Series has basically held up except for the fact that the animation quality is all over the map. Can't speak for Jack, as I haven't seen much of it.

SPIDER MAN
SPIDER MAN
RADIO ACTIVE SPIDER MAN

SPIDER BLOOD
SPIDER BLOOD
RADIOACTIVE SPIDER BLOOD

Best theme

Are the definitive themes the John Williams and Danny Elfman movie ones?

I miss the show so damn much. It was about as well as I think you could do, mixing the early Ditko stuff with the Ultimate Spiderman stuff. And Doc Ock developed into the confident leader of the Sinister Six/Master Planner that I always enjoyed as a kid, not just a goon with arms. Ideas and characters that were paced out by years in the comics were mixed well, things felt organic. The Venom stuff was especially good, the build up of Eddy Brock and Peter's relationship took its time, and (unlike a lot of other versions) Flash Thompson actually got to be as enjoyable a character as he should be.

Even had moments when it really just let the action speak for itself, such as the big crime boss fight or the Sinister Six fights.

Yeah, people would bitch about that now, but thankfully people were much more sensible back then. Because no one cared. I don't even remember what races everyone was. I remember Liz was brown, but more that I remember her saying "Petey!" a lot. I liked one of the Enforcers becoming the Shocker, though obviously they could still give the suit to the original character later. Only big change I didn't like was Kraven.

I only watched an episode or two of the MTV series, so I got no real opinion on it.

Everybody knows MTV Spidey is the definitive version.
No really though, I need to rewatch this. I remember thinking that teenage Iron Man show would be shit beccause of the art style, too.

Not him, but I liked the Mandarin twist, probably because I actually read the old Mandarin stuff and knew they'd never pull off the real character. But that movie had FUCKING PROBLEMS. Just random moments that don't make sense, spread throughout the whole film. How did Rhodey get away from the badguys without Tony saving him? Did they just let Rhodey go? I look over most of that though, and still enjoy it overall (even if I think the Silver Centurion armor should have lasted much longer). The fact that so little of the movie was just Tony and Rhodey doing buddy movie shit was a let down though, they should have been together much more of the film.

I'd assume so. No one really seems to remember the Goldenthal Batman theme from Schumacher's films and while Zimmer's themes in the Nolan films and MoS are decent, they aren't quite as iconic. The Shirley Walker themes are pretty memorable but aren't as well-known with audiences simply because it's for animated series rather than big blockbuster movies.

Speaking Elfman, his music work in Spider-Man was pretty memorable. Definitely one of the best Spider-Man themes.

I cared. Latina Liz Allan was fucking irritating.

I don't usually like CG animated stuff but I found myself drawn to MTV Spider-Man because what they did with the shading was absolutely beautiful.

It made me think you couldn't really do a Spider-Man series that wasn't in CG after that. I was actually quite disappointed with Spectacular's comparatively much more simple ad cheaper animation style

The only thing that bothered me was the ending. What with "Imma destroy all my suits and quit being Iron Man even though I'll obviously be back again in Avengers 2." and "Hey, turns out I could have gotten the surgery to remove the sharpnel a while ago!"

I fucking LOVED Armored Adventures once I got past the initial hurdle of giving it a try. "Teenage Tony? He doesn't even have his 'stache!" Once I got hooked though, fuck, everything I could want from an Iron Man series. Living Laser, Modok, Madam Masque, mutha fuckin' GHOST! They even had a part where Tony pops out the FUCKING ROLLER SKATES! Who does that unless you LOVE Iron Man? And yeah, going back into the discussion about Mandarin in IM3, he's really a much better character for a show (why he was used in AA and the 90s IM cartoon). Just the basic concept of what all 10 rings do is too much to throw at an audience over the course of a single movie, so exploring each ring for an episode is a much better format.

I only remember watching it at other people's houses when I was a teenager, but I remember it getting really stylized, like, even for a cartoon.

And they didn't actually acknowledge all that until Civil War

They're more iconic than the Elfman themes. The Nolan themes, particularly Molossus, is the one that gets played over all the commercials.

I'd debate that Batman doesn't have one, sole, iconic theme. Not to the extent that Superman does with the John Williams theme. With Batman it's a 'It depends who you ask'. Some people prefer the Elfman themes. Personally I prefer Walker's themes. Some prefer Nolan's. To a lot of people the theme from the Adam West show is inescapable.

What, the BUMOPs?

My nigger.

The MTV show being cancelled is the real tragedy. It had so much potential.

Weren't those mostly based on the Elfman themes?

The original theme used in the intro was (Elfman worked on it himself too) but later themes were completely original.

Walker's theme is her own.

The original theme to Batman: The Animated Series was a version of Elfman's, yes. But otherwise Walker basically composed her own music.

I do. I saw Schumacher's Batman films multiple times as a kid, while I only watched Burton ones once or twice.

Are you serious? Venom was the worst one. Eddie Brock was a whiny self-righteous twat who basically had a continuous emo bitch fit over Peter and Spider-Man both. He also had the most annoying voice out of all the Spectacular Spider-Man rogues gallery. Which is to say nothing of the fact that Venom is perhaps Spider-Man's most overrated villain to begin with.

Yeah, your point? I know he developed a lot more down the line in the comics, but him and the symbiote always meshed well because they blamed Peter/Spiderman for EVERYTHING, and was an obsessed asshole. This at least takes what was tried in the Ultimate comics (Eddie being Peter's childhood friend) and expands upon it, and gives a decent build up to Peter seemingly really fucking him over. Overrated or not, Venom is an element of Spiderman's world that can be handled really poorly, and I feel they worked it in well.

I could seriously talk about all the Spiderman cartoons all day, anyone want to make a thread or should I in a while?

You're supposed to love to hate the villains, not actually hate them. Half the time, watching Spectacular's Venom I couldn't help but think to myself 'Shut the fuck up, Eddie'.

In the comics it made at least some fucking sense. Eddie Brock hates Spider-Man because he believes Spider-Man cost him his job at the Daily Globe. Of course, what really happened is that Brock rushed to presses on the identity of the Sin-Eater, looked foolish when it came out that someone else was Sin-Eater, and couldn't admit to himself that he did wrong because he's a sociopath. The symbiote hated Spider-Man because it was like a spurned lover, and the two meshed well.

Why does he hate Peter in Spectacular? Because Peter didn't know his Aunt just had a heart attack and didn't come to visit her in the hospital? What the fuck's that got to do with Eddie?

Comic book Venom hated Spider-Man and wanted to destroy his life because he was genuinely not right in the head. Spectacular's Venom hated Spider-Man and wanted to destroy his life because of a few misunderstandings that he never even bothered to give his 'friend' time to explain

Didn't Peter taking the Symbiote cause Conner's funding to get cut, resulting in Eddie getting fired from his internship? I think there was another thing or two, but he did have personal reasons. If Eddie comes off as an asshole, I can only assume that's intentional.

It was Spider-Man who took the symbiote. Accidentally, when he tried to stop Black Cat from stealing it.

No, this was literally Eddie's only legitimate grievance.

Why do directors alternate between no kill Batman and murder Batman?

Because movie morality is different from comic morality. In comics, killing is bad. In movies, killing is the single most heroic act a person can commit.

I'm not going to trust your memory if you didn't remember Spidey lost him his job. I'd say we should just watch it right now (and a few of the other cartoons), but I'd have to scrounge around for episodes.

bitch, please. This is the definitive X-Men theme.

I still ask what the hell they were thinking during that whole thing.

…Batman and Superman have definiteve themes?
In what way? Maybe I'm musically autistic or something, but having watched all the batman-related animated series that came out to date, I recall each and every one making up a new theme.
The only theme I can think of that is well known all around for bats is, I'd say, "DUDUDUDUDUDUD(KA POW)(BANG) BAT-MAN!", but it is more often than not referenced as a joke.
Williams' Superman theme is great, but it's also not publicly accepted as the only true theme.

I would even say that "Spider man, spider man, does whatever spider can" is just as popular, and I think it's even referenced more

Nigga, please

I could argue that the Superman Animated Series theme is just as iconic as the John Williams version because both have those soaring heroic trumpets but the animated theme just feels more energetic in a "superman is about to kick your ass" way. I dunno, they're both great in their own right, I just think the STAS theme is the more definitive theme for Superman.

Nigger I hope you're joking. Carnage and Doc Ock are leagues more overrated than Venom.

I loved it when AVGN complained about 64 not having the Williams theme despite being based on the animated series

Carnage yes, Doc Ock no

I also agree on Carnage, but I always consider Doc Ock the true archnemesis, as I grew up with the Return of the Sinister Six story arc.

I remember that arc was one of the first single issue comic books I ever tried to collect. Bought them for the Larsen art.

I associate the 60's theme and it's 90's remix more with Spiderman than I associate any one tune with Batman.

We have a winner.

…Have you ever seen a Scott Pilgrim illustration? SS's artstyle was definitely more detailed than Bryan O'Malley's artwork.

"Who the fuck is swamp thing"
t.Humanity

He is amazing.

WHEN CAPTAIN AMERICA THROWS HIS MIGHTY SHIELD

Yes, but Mask of the Phantasm gets honorary mention.

I don't think Eddie was necessarily crazy, just an asshole who blamed everyone but himself when things went wrong. However, Venom sure as hell was. The symbiote amplified all of Brock's negative personality traits like it did with Peter, but where it turned Spidey into a darker hero that didn't think clearly and almost did some things he'd regret, it made Eddie into a monster.

I would genuinely pay money to have the 90s X-Men series completely redone just with the studio that did that intro doing the animation. Keep everything else the same.

The score for that movie is yards better than either of the Burton films

Which is one of the key traits of sociopaths

It wasn't really the Mandarin twist that bothered me. My problem with Iron Man 3 is that whoever was writing/directing it didn't understand why people liked the first 2 movies, and Iron Man in general.

The appeal of Iron Man is not Tony Stark being some kind of irritating douche with PTSD who wears the suit like 3 times in the whole movie. He wasn't a lovable dick in IM3, he just came off as annoying.

I didn't care about him having relationship problems with Pepper, I hated A.I.M. being some kind of generic terror cell, the kid was annoying, and so was everyone else he talked to. It just wasn't an Iron Man movie. It wasn't even a Tony Stark movie since his character was completely different (presumably because RDJ is getting older).

Although there were two things I liked from that movie: That song, and the part where he breaks into AIM with the weapons he improvised.

Iron Man 2 was shit fam. It was almost like watching a Michael Bay Transformers movie.

Please kill yourself

I'll concede that IM2 wasn't as good as the first one, but I still think it's more watchable than a lot of the other Marvel movies.

What exactly don't you like about it?

I wanna to take you for a ride

come now
don't tell me this isn't catchy as fuck

It just feels it's more about dumb crude humour (akin to Bayformers) and was trying to shove in Shield stuff to set up The Avengers. Plus Ivan gets wrecked pretty easily.

I'd have to watch it again to be able to remember what exactly I disliked, but I definitely remember it being weaker than other Marvel films.

I remember that it wasn't particularly great, either. It's sort of like The Amazing Spider-Man 2 or Batman vs Superman, you know where it's basically just a two hour trailer for another, bigger movie. The difference between those two films and Iron Man 2 is that Iron Man 2 didn't have too much shit going on, with the result being that it's merely forgettable as opposed to just plain awful.

M8, come on. That's twitter-speak and you know it. Don't pretend I'm some kind of SJW just so you can get off the hook for talking like a 14 year-old.

It\s weaker, sure. But it's better than a shitton of the other Marvel movies. Are you really going to tell me it's worse than the Thor movies or either Avengers?

Not really. At best it's at the same level of mediocrity as all the post Iron Man 1 Marvel films

Both of those stood more-or-less on their own, they weren't just a two hour long ad for a bigger movie.

I really enjoy IM2, I've loved Iron Man since I was a kid, but yeah, IM2 is overall one of the weaker Marvel movies. It's just sorta waiting until Avengers is ready, so it's basically a lot of goofing off. It's a bit better than Hulk and Dark World. It's arguably better than IM3. But it's that realm of just "I had some fun", where stuff like Winter Soldier and Guardians set the bar a lot higher for the whole studio.

Thor may as well have been an ad, they basically used the movie to set up Loki's entire backstory.

I'm not sure why you keep saying that about Iron Man 2 considering S.H.I.E.L.D. stuff barely takes up any of the movie.

Not inappropriate for a Thor movie

I only saw it the once, when it came out, but from what I remember the SHIELD stuff was the spine of the movie. You had Black Widow in there, you had Agent Coulson in there, you had Nick Fury in there and SHIELD/Fury not only had a connection to Tony Stark's father but I think provided him with what he needed to fix his power supply and not die.

You are all filthy casuals and I want you to leave this board.

You know people only use it here because it's makes people like you mad, right?

Haven't seen the Thor movies. I didn't really enjoy either Avengers but they're more tolerable than IM2.

It's a good enough theme, but they kind of rely on it to the point of stupidity. Also, it's not terribly Flash-esque, and could probably be used on any superhero.

Embeded related is pretty fucking great and sums up DD really well

Yeah, this is what I mean by definitive. The DD theme is a good example because it fits him really well, just like the John Williams theme fits Supes.

"Pretending to be retarded" is low-level trolling at best and cancerous at worst.

The Phantasm version still puts a chill down my spine. Now that's quality composition.

have started picturing the whole Bat-Family active and working in tandem to it, though perhaps as a film/cartoon closer more than an opener

youtube.com/watch?v=wIwsqFjfKPs

I'm calling Bullshit. Thor 2 exists only to try and set up some TWEEST since the only thing of value that happened was tat Odin as dealt with in some way and Loki could be in the perfect opportunity to Dickstab everyone without the heroes being able to see it coming

To be fair, I never saw it

Makes me think of "The Batman"s second opening when shit stops being moody.

Everything from that era of super hero shows was taken too early.

If it came out today, Holla Forums would suck its dick dry from the sheer lack of good action cartoons.

Here wouldn't mind if the race swapping wasn't followed by terrible characterization.

Only problem I had with it was the artstyle which grew on me. Grew to love the series with its second and final season.

My only gripe with it is the CG, I always wanted a drawn Iron Man cartoon but they always seem to find a way to shoehorn in computer animation.