Is there any hope for this or has ridley lost his touch?

Is there any hope for this or has ridley lost his touch?

The only movies that are objectively liked by everybody here are the Star War prequels.

Lead slut has great tits

The Aliens franchise has a worse track record than Star Wars when it comes to quality.

The chances of this being good are 3,720 to 1.

Meh. Really, only the first film was good. Aliens moved the series into more an action approach but still tarnished Alien. 3 and Resurrection are trash. Prometheus is the biggest blunder and disappointment in years.

So, low expectations.

Fuck you Ridley. Fool me once, not twice.

Let's be fair though. It's hard to top the prequels in any and every way.

It looks like this movie is basically the original plot of Prometheus without it being fucked by Fox.

In retrospect that looked silly as fug

checking those trips

Checked, but you forgot they live, dredd and the thing as well. I'm sure I can think of more, but those specifically stick out since any naysayers are confirmed newfags or non-whites.

nah, ridley is fucked right now m9

I would so much rather have gotten Prometheus 2. We already have six movies about xenomorphs, and they ran out of interesting new things to do with them after the second. Prometheus was highly flawed, but with a better script it could have been something.

They made the same movie all over again. Just because they added some whimsical music and a piano key doesn't change that fact. Anybody who sees this expecting otherwise is the biggest tool and should stuff their hand into the nearest garbage disposal so I don't have to continuously read their dumb fuck comments on this bullshit.

anyone figure out what dude the chick is with at the end?

Why couldn't we just have a movie where Noomi Rapace's character and Charlize Theron's character hatefuck each other on a spaceship for 90 minutes?

I want a real alien movie dammit

This, what a waste. Beyond Lindloff's dipshit writing there still is a cool universe to explore. But nope ayy more xenomorphs.

No, Ridley has become a hack. The Ridley you know and love is dead.

Alien seaboot.

And I want the real Prometheus 2. No one is happy here.

Exodus was really good but the media smeared it because it didn't have niggers.

Holla Forums was hopeful for Hacksaw Ridge and it paid off, all because of Mad Mel.

You forgot that one user who persistently shows up in every thread to explain why Dredd is feminist indoctrination.

Hacksaw Ridge is shit tho.

Elaborate on your views.

Even the film we got in the end is butchered badly. A few people actually get eaten off screen by the Trilobite thing, going by th earlier scripts and concept art Milburne gets mutated too and the Fifield attacks was supposed to happen just as Weyland leaves the ship to look for the Engineer in stasis.

Scott is such a hack. He doesn't even know what the big secret and back story behind the engineers' actions are.
He just made a big mystery to fill in later cause he couldn't think one up on the spot

Seems good. Hard decisions are scary - leave someone to die or risk the whole crew? I'm interested.

Shit music comes. Ok, that's only for the trailer, but I'm really tired of every trailer having that this type of song. It's shit and most of the time has nothing to do with what's going on.

Oh boy, it's Prometheus again. People without helmets, astronauts exploring foreign planets without any precaution. Only difference is they added some shots and explosions, they must think that's what Prometheus lacked.

I don't think there's any hope. Let's be honest, this is a saga with 5 movies, one of them a prequel, made by 4 directors, over a span of 45 fucking years. Some people consider the 1st or the 1st and 2nd good movies, the rest was quite underwhelming. There's no hope for Alien. Enjoy the ones you liked and ignore all the others, that's all there is to it.

I just want a squad based tactical game using the Technical Manual as a source.

Even so, anything they could come up with would be more interesting than another movie where xenomorphs kill people for 90 minutes.

Yeah ridley. All the fucking planets have breathable air. Great fucking job.

This. At least Alien 1 had believable crew behavior. What is it with everyone taking their helmets off.

Indicative of a shitty horror movie. The people making it are hacks and can't make the plot move along without having everyone acting like absolute idiots.

It's a cheap and lazy way to create drama and it only works for mouthbreathing audiences.

That is from a time where the trailer is giving you the mood instead of spoiling the whole movie.

It spoiled shit was gonna hit the fan