Help Identify a bug?

Can you help me Holla Forumsug lovers?

I'm in New England, and lately these little fuckers have been showing up around my window sill. Which is next to my bed.

After finding the dead one on the sill, I found the first live one underneath my matress when I was doing some laundry. That was 4 or something days ago, and then today I caught two more. One crawling on my ceiling, the other on the window frame.

I'm pretty sure there's another dead one stuck in the folds of the blinds of my window too.

Can any user identify this insect? I mean, I don't really mind insects if they're not going to bother or bite me, but I don't want my room infested ya know?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_marmorated_stink_bug
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentatomidae
who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs340/en/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Its a roach you dumb motherfucker

Oh I should mention that I only found the dead ones after I closed my window, which has been open all summer… so maybe they're dying trying to get out or something?

But I've had the first captured bug in the cup for days and it hasn't starved yet so I don't really know if that's feasible.

They also don't seem to fly, or be flight capable.

I thought roaches were way bigger?

Roaches get get pretty small too, it depends on a lot of factors. You've obviously never seen one before, I doubt they're very common in New England, here in the South West they're very common

Several species of cockroach found in North America range in size from 0.5in to 1.5in in length.

Hard to tell much about the ones in the jar, but the one of the left looks like a cockroach.

This guy is absolutely retarded. Those aren't roaches.

They kind of look like brown stink bugs, but I can't be sure.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_marmorated_stink_bug

You got to it just before I did. Fuck

tick

don't let it bite you

This is what real cockroaches look like.

I've never seen one before,you're right. I don't really know how common they are up here. Dang.

Do they ever bite humans? I initially called my landlord after seeing one, because I thought I might have bed bugs because I had some funky bites on my hand (straight line of little red bumps, that then kinda blistered a little bit… then a day or so later, little zig zags) but the exterminator he had come by said I didn't have bed bugs.

It's weird to me that if the exterminator checked for bed bugs that they'd miss a roach or something you know?

It's about the size of my thumbnail if that helps, got 6 legs, 2 big antenna, and is brown. Uhm. White-ish underside.

That looks like it too. hm. The wikipedia page shows them on a tomato plant… I just started growing some tomatoes in my backyard, do you think they're related?

I'm not that stupid

No, those are most definitely stinkbugs my dude. Do not kill them inside, because they release a smell that is terrible and attracts more. Best thing to do is to leave a damp towel outside overnight if you can't rid them easily yourself (as in fix structural issues with windows & walls) They are are not originally from the United States, they came from Asia to Allentown, PA I believe.

t. New Yorker

Also they can bite, but I've personally never been bitten by one.

Stinkbugs. We got an epidemic of em down south here. They've started to die off a bit recently.

Obviously a squirrel…
What a retard.

Here's some more pictures of them.

I haven't killed any yet. Just found the couple dead ones on my sill, I'm guessing a spider got them.

Can you elaborate more? I'm not sure I understand the plan.

disgustang. Get some anti-insect shit and treat your whole room with it

like raid? I can go pick some up at the store tomorrow maybe.

That's Saint Gulik the Stoned

They like to hide under stuff like rugs and clothes. I assume the guy is suggesting you use it as a bait station so they stay under the towel instead of coming inside. Then you can smash them up too.

Ok, so put a towel on my window sill so they hang out there instead of coming fully inside the house?

That kinda makes sense. I'm reading some articles now and they like light and warmth. And apparently migrate into houses during the fall/winter. I guess the cold weather lately makes sense for why I see more.

I think I'm going to have to see if any of my more handsy friends can come by and help me fix up my window so it's more secure. The sidling and stuff has been a bit off and doesn't look fully attached to the frame around it ever since I threw my drunk housemate through the window.

You get a towel (preferrably one you don't give a shit about), get it nice & wet and then leave it outside overnight. I'm not quite sure why, but stinkbugs love damp places I guess. Anyway, this will act as a lure to the stinkbugs, and get them away from your house/window. Obviously you'll want to do this a bit farther away from your house. It doesn't kill them, of course, but at least they don't get inside.

However, I'm not too sure if this will work in colder areas. Your best option from the start is to patch up any holes that they can go through.

Don't spray, you kill off the wolf spiders and your stink bug problem multiplies. Spiders are your friend

Replace your door sweeps. They rot out pretty quickly and bugs can just walk inside underneath your exterior doors. A replacement sweep costs $6-8. You can do it yourself too, it can be a pain in the ass though if you have to remove the door to get at it but its worth it.
I had a huge cricket problem until I replaced all the sweeps.

So just a towel out in the yard then? My room is on the second floor, so they're already climbing up here to get in. Which is annoying.

Right. So sealing up the cracks in pic related would be top-priority then?

I don't keep spiders in my room, I let them alone down stairs and in the basement, but they die if they come to my room and don't stay in a corner.

Shit, I don't even think I've looked at the door downstairs to see about that. But I haven't seen any of the bugs down there at all. Only in my room so far probably because of the cracks in my window, how do such small creatures sense exactly where to go for the heat?

Yessir, ya fuckin spider

I've been told those are stinkbugs but as I don't squish bugs, but rather just bring them outside, I've never noticed a smell. Not a bad infestation to have, but they're sneaky. If you're leaving windows or doors open there are usually some around.

I'm pretty sure the ones outside will be mostly gone after a few hard frosts. Don't worry about it too much op. Probably just a few more weeks of them.

It's a razorflea. They get their name from their shape and tapered edges. They're usually found on large animals such as cows and other lovestock. If you have these in your house then it means you have cows nearby, probably in your walls. Cow exterminator should do the trick, but don't let them take away the carcass without securing you a good cut. Most cow extermination services don't inform their clients that the carcass is still good after it is killed. This is how they make their money, by salvaging the cow parts to butchers for good side coin. At least get yourself a few good new York strips or ribeyes out of the deal. Let the company know that you'll share the industry secret all over the Internet. You'll be eating good for at least a few weekends.

Just trying to help put an user. Good luck in your endeavors

Thanks user!

Would typically leave the big door open and the screen door closed throughout most of the day of the summer. And then I recently installed a window fan downstairs as well, so if that's switched off, then it leaves a hole in too.

So yeah, there are definitely ways for them to be getting in I suppose. I'm more annoyed that they're showing up in my room unless my other housemates are just not mentioning seeing their own or something.

So user, I took a look at my door sweep. And yeah, shit's falling apart.

Suggestions on the best way to replace these things? Is it something I need to hire someone to do?

omg omg omg this is happening, they are invading in my place too!!! they are fuckin everywhere! we call them stinkybugs, because they evaporate some scanky smell as defense…

They're pests and will ruin your crops.

That sucks because I started growing tomatoes this year.

Don't kill them user. If you want them to not stink, grab them in a cup or some toilet paper, then flush them down the toilet. They can't release stink when they're drowning

i just throw them outside, i dont want to kill anything… some release that smell some dont D:

If you throw them outside, do they come back?

Stink bug.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentatomidae

dont know

Just gonna drop this one here
who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs340/en/

Fuckin' stink bugs.
Most of the ones that come into my place never fart on me, but they're still huge and crawl around everywhere.

they also don't seem to need any fucking food or something. I've had these fuckers in this cup for days now. The first one I caught was last week. And it's still crawling around and kicking.

I did the same experiment with some mexican's I caught messing around in my house. These things can last 2-3 weeks tops. You're almost rid of them, don't give up.

I talked to ony of my friends and he gave me some advice, so this weekend I'll go to a hardware store and get some caulking and seal up my window cracks nicely.

I'll have to look online about repairing the door sweep. And then I'll probably take out the window fan in another room. I shall seal this house so that the SB's will never be able to escape the wrath of my spider friends of the downstairs.

There are 2 kinds of door sweeps, the kind that wrap around the bottom of the door and the kind that are inserts into a special metal channel.
You have to look at your door to find out which one, and check the door thickness too.
The wrap around is easy, remove the screws and pull it off and replace. Sometimes you may have to pull the door off the hinges if it was glued on or screwed on from the bottom.
The insert kind is you take some pliers and pull it out of the channel. It can be difficult and may fall apart while you're doing it.
A replacement channel is then just slid into place.

almost defiantly the brown marmorated. they have been really bad this year in eastern US. i personally have found many hitching a ride on my cloths, luckily i don't seem to mind their smell much.

Get a hammer and start smashing them you fag.

That's not a bug, it's a feature.
You get those with Windows.

unless you squeeze them or by any other means threaten them… then you'll feel the stench.

does it Holla Forumsug you that there's a lot of good information in this thread that show that some of us clearly do?

lurk m0ar faggot

nice