I just checked the first Moomin movie and if the cartoon wasn't disturbing enough...

I just checked the first Moomin movie and if the cartoon wasn't disturbing enough, the movie starts with fucking Björk and the beginning conversation is about global destruction by meteors.

You know… for kids.

We / I have no reference.
Tell us about this thing that disturbs you.

Every-fucking-thing.

That was cute. What's the problem? Comets will come for us all one day.

we are the comet

Sounds like typical messages for kids to me.

I really should get around to finding all of this show some day, the little I've seen was really good.

The shitty ass music.

That is some outstanding QUALITY right there, I tell you hwat.

are you retarded enough to think anything drawn in a cartoonier way is "drawn wrong", or do you just not know what calling something QUALITY means

NIPPONESE CAN'T DO WRONG BAKA GAIJIN

Alright, jewgle image search isn't giving me shit. What's this anime?

Ojamajo Doremi.

You're a beautiful man, user.

What the fuck! Is that for real?
Half of those are creepy and sad as fuck, the rest are funny, and the blonde with green eyes is defending black people.
I don't think I've seen this sort of thing in Chinese cartoons before. Miscarriages? Divorce?
What's the tone here? Comedy or drama?
The face of this other blondie is pretty funny. I remember when anime did that with the eyes.

Its a kids' anime. Specifically aimed at little girls in the mahou shoujo genre like Card Captor Sakura. There's both comedy and drama. An episode about farting and one about a girl dying from cancer. It covers all aspects of life.

There's nothing uncommon about anime dealing with difficult subjects like that.

I know but usually not in shows for kids.
At fist I thought that other show was Hamtaro. Look at it, it looks like Hamtaro.

Can't remember all that shit from Doremi. Censorship was harsh at the time here, maybe they skipped stuff again. Just like how they ended DBGT with them finding the last Black Star Dragon Ball and returning to earth.

Yeah, that's life for ya: first you fart, then you die of cancer.

It's probably more common than you think even in children's anime. Heidi of the Alps, Anne of Green Gables, Aqua Age, Princess Tutu, Age 12, My Neighbor Totoro and Mai Mai Miracle are some that have or I believe to have themes like that.

Yeah, that about covers it.

What exactly are moomins?

What exactly are moomins?

Is the movie actually good, though? I'm new to Moomin and I'd like to watch some of the cartoons.

Tanoshii Mūmin Ikka (1990) - this is the one you want to watch. Most episodes based on original books stories. Absolutly fantastic polish dubbing may have skew minę reception a bit, but i doubt it sucks in jap or english version.

They're trolls, aren't they?
They look like little hippos though.