Looking back, Freakazoid was definitely the best out of all the Spielberg cartoons. Tiny Toons was meh...

Looking back, Freakazoid was definitely the best out of all the Spielberg cartoons. Tiny Toons was meh, Animaniacs was hit or miss(though when it was good it was really good), but Freakazoid was almost always funny.

Other urls found in this thread:

fool.com/investing/2016/07/10/instant-analysis-disney-drops-another-box-office-b.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Normadeus was the bomb.

I feel Paul Rugg as Freakazoid was what really made this dhow shine. I swear that character could make almost anything funny.

he tasks me

Tiny Toons tried to hard to be cool at times. I rewatched a lot of it recently and never realized how janky the animation was.. It's pretty bad.

Freakazoid and Animaniacs are both pretty good, animation-wise, but they've also got a lot of top tier voicework, great music, and a lot of their humor comes off as creative and unique, aided even more by the great voices and music.

Because it lasted half as long as the other two

I think Histeria!, Toonsylvania, and The 7D proof Spielberg and Rugger are only good as each other

I really don't think that Spielberg had much to do with the shows, beyond paying for them

I'm just saying he wasn't billed on two of those shows

Considering it's the only objectively correct answer, of course you'd omit it, OP.

Funnily enough they had this exact argument on Freakazoid

Since Pinky and the Brain was a spinoff of Animaniacs, I just counted it as a part of that. Personally, I thought they were better on Animaniacs than on their own too.

All Spielberg cartoons sort of do their own thing and do it well. Each one of them seems to cater to different demographics and different means of entertaining people.

I already posted that video

No you didn't

Don't forget Pinky, Elmyra and The Brain

We don't talk about THAT

Its what the network wants.
Why bother to complain?

It was okay. Some of the "lol! so random!" humor came off as kind of forced sometimes.

Sure we do.

I don't know if they're trying to make a joke about how Spielberg sticks his name to any old trash if they'll give him money but that's pretty hilarious

Gotta love how shitty Wakko looks in the thumbnail though. Makes me wonder what was Freakazoid's main animation studio.

Probably Dong Yang/Koko, same as most other Warner cartoons.

This is undeniably true.

I always found it weird someone like Spielberg didn't produce shows that were more about adventures like his movies. Same goes for when he created that game Boom Blox.

It's not like his adventure-themed kid stuff always sells

Why I am hearing about this movie right now?

fool.com/investing/2016/07/10/instant-analysis-disney-drops-another-box-office-b.aspx

He's produced at least three sci-fi series. The only one that got more than one season was Falling Skies. He also produced Band of Brothers, which was basically Saving Private Ryan the TV show.

Who said it had to be animation made for kids?

I meant as in animated shows.

Because it's gonna be big, user.

BUT DOES HE HAVE HUGE GUTS?

Would think that he's smart enough to realise what works for movies isn't always what works for shows.

IIRC, basically no one knew The BFG was coming out til it did. Probably not a good sign.

Roald Dahl books are tricky to adapt. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is probably the easiest, even if you gotta make the Oompa Loompas less hilariously racist. James and the Giant Peach is basically an acid trip. The BFG is just… really British. Also, implied that a shitload of kids are eaten alive regularly.