Stallman's hate thread

let's list the reasons why stallman should not be tech's waifu and he should be replaced with more suitable candidates such as eric raymond, linus or terry a. davis

I'll start:

Other urls found in this thread:

esr.ibiblio.org/?p=7060
dourish.com/goodies/jargon.html
web.archive.org/web/20061208075556/http://www.financialexpress.com/fe_full_story.php?content_id=138464
templeos.org/Wb/Linux/
esr.ibiblio.org/?p=6907
youtube.com/watch?v=umQL37AC_YM
youtube.com/watch?v=bw58LZTuZjA
youtube.com/watch?v=CP8CNp-vksc
youtube.com/watch?v=d4SwL2t5Yh4
esr.1accesshost.com/
scienceblogs.com/deltoid/2011/10/14/dennis-ritchie-has-died/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agent_provocateur
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

but why does Holla Forums need some faggy meme mascot at all?

The only reason I dislike him at all because he's a fedora-wearing atheist. Other than that his ideas are pretty good and I respect his work.

Get out, shill.

all the replacements named are much more close to Holla Forums than stallman, commiefaggot

nice bate, mate. now fuck off

*bait

Please, no. I'm okay with Torvalds and Davis, but not him. Eric Raymond has an ego that's at least five times the size of Stallman's, while having much less to actually be proud of.

Unlike Stallman, he hasn't written any good software. He's most proud of fetchmail, which he didn't even start, but pumped full of remote execution bugs while claiming that open source means your software will always have fewer bugs. Even the current fetchmail maintainers call him out on that.

Eric Raymond is extremely proud of being one of the three-letter computer guys, and does embarassing things because of it. For example:

He writes awful, awful essays about why he's a genius:
esr.ibiblio.org/?p=7060

He took the Jargon file and butchered it:
dourish.com/goodies/jargon.html

or fagioli

Pretty much this. Without him we would not have so much freedom in computing today.

How large do you think GNU is?
Some people think it's just the coreutils, and forget about the standard library, compilers, bootloader, shell, license, ncurses, readline, and other things.

Linux (the kernel) has always been compiled with GCC, the first program ported to it was bash, and Torvalds says that using the GPL "was definitely the best thing [he] ever did".

He isn't even asking to give credit to him, he's asking to give credit to the GNU project. Meanwhile, Linus Torvalds has his own first name inserted into it. He's asking for GNU/Linux, not Stallmanix.

He still occasionally writes code, mostly for Emacs, but he dedicates most of his time to activism because it's actually more productive. With activism he manages to do things like getting 12500 schools to stop using proprietary software.
web.archive.org/web/20061208075556/http://www.financialexpress.com/fe_full_story.php?content_id=138464

Stallman did more for FOSS than any faggot here on this board including you dip shit. You can at least respect him for what he has done.

Being an autistic edge lord and hating on the man is retarded.

It's all shit.

Theo de Raadt is the hero we need.

OpenBSD is not an escape from GCC.

:^)
Terry is the real Holla Forums mascot anyways

I only like ESR because he's a proud gun owner, then I remember he's a filthy 1911-only fag.

And there is nothing wrong in it. It is just a name. People will not forget GNU just because its popular product is not called GNU/linux.

Where do you think you are.

A correction here:

God Tier
Terry A. Davis

P. Cool Guy Tier
Dennis Ritchie
Richard Stallman
Leenoos Tarballs

Shit Nigger What Are You Doing Here Tier
Eric S. Raymond
OP

Hope this helps.
Also

this.

There's nothing wrong with it, I just think it makes the complaints about calling it GNU/Linux even less sensible.
A lot of people won't know about it in the first place. Try asking random people whether they know what Linux is and whether they know what GNU is.

opinion discarded

I agree OP, but I disagree with your replacement candidates.

The replacement should be Lennart

I support either of those three candidates.

Ideologies:

Linus = Pragmatism, use whatever is working.

Raymond = Limited Pragmatic, Open Source Advocate; use what you need, but prefer Open Source.

Terry = Idealist, use whatever is most efficient.

The only ideology Terry really stands for is his own brand of Christianity. He just uses whatever, without paying a larger than average amount of attention to its efficiency.

Terry's ideology is efficacy rather than efficiency. Case in point, how many other OSes effectively let you communicate with god? Checkmate gahnoo loonicks nerds.

I've written officially Terry-approved shell scripts for that, actually. I wasn't very experienced then so please excuse their shittiness.
templeos.org/Wb/Linux/

For a second I thought I was browsing /g/ and was scared.

I just wish he would take better care of his body. I don't want him to die early.

And Fagioli? Where does he stand?

You are forgetting someone here Brian T. Fagioli.

Sorry forgot about him. Forced Meme Tier.

Are the attempts to replace Stallman with Fagioli Holla Forums faggotry or home-grown faggotry?

If I remember correctly the spam started out as simple spam for the news site he writes for, with articles by other writers. I think it might be marketing.

eric raymond is the messiah who will save the tech world from the SJW threat

esr.ibiblio.org/?p=6907

DAILY REMINDER THAT STALLMAN DOESN'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO INSTALL "GNU/" LINUX. it's time to redpill tech about this kike

He has never done it. He probably could if he tried, but why would he? He uses Trisquel and got his laptop from a store that sells laptops with Trisquel pre-installed.

That fucking video has been spammed more than enough times on Holla Forums. Please don't do it again.

Based Lennart is the only option

Does anyone have the photo of Raymond kissing a woman on a couch with the Cathedral and the Bazaar lying next to them?

Any Windows-using luddite can click next a dozen times and fill out a hostname. But while we're on the subject, have you ever flashed Libreboot to a ThinkPad before?

The reason you're scared shitless of stallman is that his political opinions are rational and justifyable, whereas yours have nothing.

i must have latent schizophrenia or something, but he's clearly the only choice here.

Holla Forums belongs to Holla Forums.

A kike like stallman doesn't belong on this board.

because it's pat of Holla Forumss DNA

Holla Forums recognizes that the key to increasign the popularity of a product is a good logo or mascot and so Holla Forums obsesses about it to the point that they forget to actually do the damn work on the project.

But image is important, this much Jobs proved.

Do you agree with the religious things?

I'd just like to interject for a moment. what you refer to as an appreciation of stallman is in fact a joke meme because the guy never really contributed anything and Holla Forums suffers from poes law

I don't want some communist heeb representing Holla Forums, it needs to be a white person.

No, but his other ramblings about CIA niggers brainwashing the American cattle etc, yes.

buddy people make fun of him but poes law is in effect and some retards think he is a legit freedom fighter

the dude is just a commie jew but I don't worry about it that much because the influence isn't that strong because Holla Forums is not a very active board

I mean look at this

there are webms of it around somewhere

I don't care if it's a joke, fuck that kike. He never contributed a single thing to technology when it was all whites. All that filthy kike has done is spread communism.

checked but I already know that user

but lets be clear, most tech guys are total spergs and not a whole hell of a lot of them are worth mascoting

the only real Holla Forums mascot is tux anyway

tho linus is alright

youtube.com/watch?v=bw58LZTuZjA

If we banned GPL and stallmanites, this board would be better. That kike will be hanged on day of the rope for what he's done.

That's a funny way to spell Lennart

user the only ways this board would get better is with a higher post rate and more users

if more Holla Forums users actually came here and talked tech then the board would be significantly improved but they don't

very few of us do

You should genuinely consider making a board that does that.

Poettering right?

seems like a really cool guy

user am I wrong or are you telling him to get lost

it's about time to make Holla Forums great again, let's fork it

jesus christ please be joking

Try claiming one of these boards:
>>>/techpol/
>>>/politech/

Oh, it looks like /poltech/ was deleted. The page is still there because of static page shenanigans. You could recreate that one.

This. No communists, no GPL, no kikes, no bullshit. Holla Forums needs to embrace white pride and say no to GPL. What would be the most pro white license?

Yes. Lennart Poettering has contributed so much to the Linux community.

The Aryan Software Agreement v14.88

just watched a bit of the first video that comes up under his full name

for the 15 minutes I watched it was all systemd and why it is set up the way it is as a primer for containers I think

no SJW stuff just fucking work

if we were on Holla Forums you would get lots of cheks for this

also coincidence detector was version 14.88.2 last I saw

he seems donald trump's son. I for one welcome our new tech's overlord

>>>/suicide/
>>>/oven/

Your time is up stallmanites and freetards.

remember this is Holla Forums after all, lennart is very low on the list of candidates due to his sucking of the massive system D

Nobody gives a shit fag

>>>/poltech/1

There is nothing wrong with proprietary software.

k, kill yourself.

btw, I'm still fond of eric alphamale raymond

Some of his talks about systemd are actually really good. Lots of technical info, and how to do certain configurations. I learned a quite a bit about systemd through watching his talks.

you people are fucking losers, your shitposts aren't funny and your desire for a big fat sweaty software mascot is gay as fuck.
enjoy your dead board, and also kill yourselves.

well that's certainly questionable

but he already talks more about software in that 15 minutes than I have ever seen from stallman

youtube.com/watch?v=CP8CNp-vksc

youtube.com/watch?v=d4SwL2t5Yh4

feels like freedom is a commie marxist buzzward

I wasn't even shilling for stallman you illustrate nigger

Meant to say illiterate

butthurt crybaby detected

lel

well if I find the time for lectures I'll definitely listen to his so I can be more informed

If you're a casual user, who uses Linux for their desktop computer, systemD just works.

linux mint sure as shit does

Kill yourself leftist fag

step up the bantz man

you're rolling sub Holla Forums tier there

not enough hate

so I'm a leftist fag because I dislike stallman. solid logic, user.

I thought you were defending stallman

user you were defending stallman in your earlier post

are we being invaded?

depends on your perception

Holla Forums is an imageboard at civil board at war and Holla Forums is valuable ground

The nice thing about Holla Forums is that you can create new ground instead of fighting over old ground.

I could never defend the author of an overrated shit-tier text editor such as emacs

impractical if possible

whoops, triple thread posting

Nah, just summer. Children come here in increased numbers, and go to the top boards en masse. They take their posts seriously, and when they post enough on a single board, they identify with that board exclusively.

but you did user, even if it was an accident

you defended the "big fat sweaty software mascot"

no user trust me never

look for "big fat sweaty software mascot"

you called the guy insulting stallman a crybaby

You don't lose anything by trying. Come try at >>>/poltech/ .

I only dislike Richard Stallman for his political views and the clumsy way he acts to others. He's a very nice person if you use the correct wording, otherwise if you say the wrong words (or do not know the right words) he tells you in sort of a "I'm better than you voice."

Stallman's appearance has always bugged me. He does not really care how he looks or about his health because he preaches his ideas more above himself, at the cost of looking like a homeless fat hippie.

In general, in Stallman's books his ideas are correct about software. The four freedoms should be there, otherwise a program is restrictive to it's users. All Stallman really cares about is the ability of users not to be restricted by the developer of the program.

In general, All these anti-gpl threads are just trying to divide and conquer. I use both GPLv3/v2, MIT, and ISC licenses when applicable. We shouldn't be trying to find reasons to hate each other but get over them and work together.

It reminds me of what happens on Holla Forums. People find someone and if they have -any- different views than their own they are called a shill, jew, etc. Everyone is too busy trying to find someone who 100% completely agrees on the same things they do instead of compromising and realizing that nobody is perfect.

Holla Forums's roll models should be the following people:

Richard Stallman - Creator of the GNU GPL, Emacs, and GCC. A man who puts his ideals over anything else.

Theo De Raddt - Creator of the OpenBSD project. His ideas and beliefs on security are top notch and does not put up with other people's dumb inane shit.

Linus Torvalds - Creator of the Linux Kernel. A very smart man who with the help of others made the kernel that is possible to almost run on anything.

Rob Pike, Dennis Richtie(*), Other Bell labs folk. - Created C, Unix.

what about julian assange, user

won't work. you're going to get three retards posting about esr's sjw conspiracy and then it'll fizzle out when you realise that pol is full of dipshits

alright user I'll give it a shot

but I won't stick around if it's not safe for work or at least like Holla Forums where it has to be spoilered

you guys are trying way too hard

I can tell you faggots aren't Holla Forums

I'm gonna send a mail to stallman saying that Holla Forums doesn't love him anymore

he could be and just fucking about

You know, I'd believe that, but it seems that when people act like idiots, they attract other idiots. This is the future you chose.

doesn't give a fuck about free software. he started the whole open source PR crap because he was too afraid to rustle retarded businessmen, remember?

also he suffers from severe Danning-Kruger effect which is a pretty bad combination with his galactic ego.
esr.1accesshost.com/
scienceblogs.com/deltoid/2011/10/14/dennis-ritchie-has-died/

thanks to him FOSS has much less popularity than it could have otherwise achieved without his cocky and pedantic rhetoric. he would be a full SJW if it wasn't for the fact that his autism prevents it.
And Torvalds is much better than your average "good software architect"

stallman is one of those CIA agent provocateurs* used by intelligence agencies to hijack a movement from the inside causing a loss of credibility

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agent_provocateur

I have only read his book "The Art of Unix Programming", I read it cover to cover, hoping that there would be some greater wisdom in it (it's 500 pages long), but all in all I have to say that even I could have written that book. It never goes into detail, it only tells you something vague like "instead of one monolithic process let man small processes communicate with each other", but he never follows it up with a concrete implementation. Not even a basic toy example. It's like one of those internet scams that promises you fantastic knowledge that could save your life (seriously, if you want a laugh read PDF related), but those don't manage to fill up 500 pages.

It's about priorities, Torvalds is about putting the programmer first (give me the source so I can use it in my own stuff) while Stallman is about the user first (if you give it to me, I should be in control of it). While Stallman is a fat autistic neckbeard jew, I like his priorities better. If I buy a thing I should be able to make changes to that thing. I'm not expecting the manufacturer to provide support for when I fuck it up (that's why GPL explicitly excludes warranty), but I should have the ability to do so.

This is pretty unrelated, but go read A Road to Serfdom, chapters two and three

Why? You said it's unrelated, so it could be for just about any reason. You have to make it interesting.

He is the Neil DeGrasse Tyson (science nigger) of Holla Forums

Disgusting kike faggot is a commie too.

Hail Linus.

Its systemd you fucking moron
Its not a fucking drink like SunnyD
Its a Unix daemon, systemd

Just move on.

Holla Forums (or disinfo pretending to be pol) is here, with their total lack of understanding anything Holla Forums at all, to push an agenda.

They're saying stallman, the guy who made gcc (fucking gcc! I bet they've never even compiled anything in their lives) has contributed nothing to the cause.

Talk about Holla Forums not your id(dentity)pol(itics),geopol, innane bs. Good code is good code, even if it was written by a literally baboon.

following your line of reasoning then there shouldn't be any doubt that linus torvalds should be tech's mascot since he's a much better coder than stallman (both for quality and quantity)

I didnt say anything about who should be a mascot for what. And I dont care really, this isnt some football team where we have to pick a single one.

I'm not convinced you have any ability to judge the quality of a compilers code, or of a kernels.

Linus is (generally, and as far as I'm aware) held in high regard by both me and Holla Forumss community.

Is he?

Linux is huge and high quality, but Torvalds only wrote a small part of it. Torvalds doesn't even code much more than Stallman at this point. You can look it up - he admits that when he writes code it's usually example code. He spends his time managing, not coding. Which is not a bad thing. Linux has a lot of great coders, so being a full-time manager does more good than being another great coder.

When Torvalds started his kernel he was a student. Writing the kernel was very useful as a learning experience for him. He didn't think it would ever be portable because he used it to test as many x86 features as he could.

When Stallman started GNU he had experience developing at least two other operating systems - ITS and the Lisp Machine operating system. His work on Lisp Machines is especially notable.

There was a version of the Lisp Machine operating system that was more-or-less free software (although the term didn't exist yet), that was used by both Lisp Machines, Inc. and Symbolics. Symbolics decided to stop making their work available to Lisp Machines, Inc., and Stallman saw that as an attack on freedom. He decided to maintain his own fork of the operating system that was free and implemented all of the features and bug fixes Symbolics did.

And he managed it. He managed to duplicate the code output of an entire company. Symbolics complained to MIT that Stallman's work cost them a million dollars. A million dollars.

Stallman was already known as a legendary coder before GNU. We're talking about a man who single-handedly wrote a million dollars worth of code because he didn't like what a company was doing.

Linux is great, but it became great by collaboration. If you're comparing Torvalds and Stallman as individuals Stallman clearly wins.

we all took the bait

tech was already dead before SJW became a thing

underage b&

get out, shill

has done nothing of note
is a finngol and accepted blobs into linux
he's a pretty cool guy but I don't think most people here genuinely respect him

Stallman is literally the perfect memefuel. We don't need a replacement.

This is correct.

It's hilarious to see the effect of American politics swinging hard towards conservative and how it influences summer children such as:

If you fucking niglets don't understand the importance of RMS then please gtfo, it's not even worth the time to bring you up to speed.

Wizards like know the truth.