Infinity Next

why does the community of Holla Forums refuse to use Infinity Next? i personally don't know much at all about webdev crap myself but most of the reasons seem retarded. if we can find the real problems, maybe we can actually fix them and let Infinity bitrot already.
Infinity Next is under the AGPL which is about as good as you can get with a libre license for protecting your freedom with web technologies, i would think that this community would want to give site admins as little room as possible for abuse.

lets try to cover some of the typical bases right away before you shitposters bring them up inevitably
Infinity is written with PHP. from what i understand, PHP is a good choice if you want your imageboard software to be able to run on the cheapest servers. considering that we're strapped for money, isn't this generally an ideal thing

i have heard it is a mess and held together with duct tape, from all the shit that happened on the user end that seems like a logical conclusion. it also has the Tinyboard license as one of its licenses which is a shitty license, requires that Tinyboard notice in the footer: github.com/ctrlcctrlv/infinity/blob/master/LICENSE.md

its open source, fork it/make your own instance. Josh is not Infinity Next, he develops it.

it can be improved can it not?

his official stance seems to be that he does not understand FOSS, but its more likely its about his ads and/or some sort of shady shit.

then get Jim to understand how AGPL works and how to make it work out with his ads so he gets his shekels

i've heard all sorts of things, both good and bad. i'd personally prefer the AGPL for imageboard software because it doesn't let site admins abuse you as much like i said before, the MIT license can be relicensed to that though.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/infinity-next/infinity-next
github.com/ctrlcctrlv/infinity
16chan.nl
twitter.com/HW_BEAT_THAT/status/740397612268982273
twitter.com/HW_BEAT_THAT/status/735429324757569540
twitter.com/HW_BEAT_THAT/status/735696572445425666
twitter.com/HW_BEAT_THAT/status/735699374420824064
lolcow.farm/pt/res/283541.html#287350
github.com/Cipherwraith/alacrity/blob/master/LICENSE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1. It was horrendously broken when they tried to release it
2. HW is a sociopathic hobgoblin and burned all bridges
3. Jim is an idiot

Even if next gets fixed, #3 is not likely to change.

i guess it might be useful to link the repository in this thread: github.com/infinity-next/infinity-next

isn't it less broken now?
infinity was also horribly broken but everyone seems to willfully forget barely being able to post
he's no longer the admin though, just a consultant. hasn't Josh attempted to get Jim to use Infinity Next anyway?
maybe codemonkey could digest the information and regurgitate it in simple terms for him

Now that the dud CAPTCHA that hotwheels crapped out has sine turned off it works fine. Hotwheels is the only reason it failed. If he never did anything at all we would have been using next in January. The one thing he managed to do out of the couple things he was supposed to broke everything

why does josh keep posting here when he has his own chan?

Why do you suck cripplecock after he abandoned you?

Hotwheels is one reason, but next WAS broken as fuck as well. I'd say that everyone involved is to blame.

Infinity Next was never "broken as fuck". You have no idea what you are talking about

lol

Hi josh.

I'd consider taking you seriously when you've returned the money you stole from the community.

Remember when Holla Forums was forced into the beta, Josh? I do.

Not an argument. Fuck off back to Holla Forums, kid. You don't know shit about technology

put your trip on

Everything was already been discussed back when Holla Forums was false flagging. Holla Forums was right all along, they are the guardians of free speech.

That is a meme, all cheap PHP hosts make you share servers with other customers. Basically they rent a server, host 5 websites on that server and charge 25% of what it costs to rent a server per website.

Because muh Josh boogeyman
Also muh AGPL boogeyman

Okay!
For instance, there were no rate limiting when creating posts, nor were there any flood detection. Initially, this caused tons of duplicate posts until people figured out there were no spam protection after which they started spammed intentionally. I wish I had some screenshots left of it, shit was hilarious.

It was alpha-tier software. Might have been fixable in a few months, but hotwheels killed any chance of that happening.

i'm not Josh. like i said, this is about the technology. don't like Josh? don't let him make the decisions on your imageboard instance.

what would even make it a boogeyman? its in favor of the users.

i didn't pay attention to Holla Forums shitposting about pills or whatever

so theres no real technical reason why it can't happen?

It's not in favor of Jim, who is ultimately the one who decides.

Even the Holla Forums software is still not open source, let alone licensed in a way that forces the internal server software to be.

could he be willing to compromise?

this is apparently the active repo, theres an older repo for historical purposes: github.com/ctrlcctrlv/infinity

Fuck off back to Holla Forums, retard.

Huh. The same thing could be said about the captcha, but I assume you still blame him entirely?

The fact remains that next was in a very unusable state when they attempted to go live with it. Hell, that's was such a glaring fucking oversight that made it alpha-tier at best. Especially if you factor in all the other (less severe) bugs.

There's no medal for participation, Josh.

This is the part where it became painfully obvious how out of touch with reality you are

when the retard of a lead developer somehow thought that moving Holla Forums, the 1st/2nd largest board in Holla Forums onto a platform that had never been stress tested on that level, resulting in infinity-next fucking imploding near instantly

it exploded near instantly due to hotwheels captcha. Let this be a lesson to future projects to 1) NOT loop through every pixel in the PHP interpreter to manipulate an image based on other pixels, pass that work to GD.
2) don't pre-generate captchas for lurkers. for non-js use a link. don't generate a captcha unless they need to answer a captcha, and until they start writing a reply.

BECAUSE JIM HATES INFINITY NEXT AND FOSS, HE WANTS PROFIT NOT FREEDOM
see pic

ALL THOSE ERRORS IN PIC 1 AND 2 HAVE BEEN FIXED YOU NIGGER AND 16CHAN IS GOD-TIER

we spaceage now niggas
16chan.nl

3) Test before going live

Please die.

god damn it takes *talent* to brown-nose this pathetically hard

There's a big difference between broken as fuck(like you were implying) and needs some small bugfixes which was the actual problem. Fuck off back to Holla Forums. You have 0 idea what you are talking about.

the community is not a singular.

it was the community that also funded Next.

Josh, you are embarrassing yourself. Functionally it WAS broken as fuck at the time of (attempted) release. There were tons of (mainly testing-related) work left to reach non-alpha quality. The migration failed MULTIPLE times, and every time it fucked up royally.

Do you really want a gold star for trying? Here you go!

It was tested, Josh just assumed Illuminate would have the same support for PostgreSQL after 2channel changed the database mid development.
That took a month of development to hammer out, fixing core Laravel.

Asshurt.
The migration failed because 2channel changed the database so in-house could work on it in the future.
That was fixed, and thus the problem became the captcha.
Go back to Holla Forums.

Daily reminder that vichan-infinity only had that front page error due to Josh's "updates". Sure is convenient he just so happened to have a new imageboard engine in the works exactly as he was "accidentally" breaking ours. Why the hell does everyone forget that? Literally the day Josh got fired, Hotwheelz went digging through the vichan-infinity source code, announced that Josh had Josh'd it, he un-josh'd it, and from that day forward the front page never froze again. Why the hell would I trust someone with a "coincidence" like that in his recent history?

The problems still persisted after that, the site was nearly unusable until Codemonkey fixed it.

They were talking about it before he changed board_stats, because vichan is an unmaintainable mess.
board_stats was a simple mistake that was easily fixable, and it wouldn't have really helped anything considering posting was still slow as fuck when everyone came back even with board stats turned off.

Infinity Next is fine imo.

Josh and the cripple should have avoided the drama in the meta threads and just got it working.

Also, had hotwheels profiled the database at any point before it crashed it would've been fixed before then, and you'd have been none the wiser because posting would've still been slow as fuck after people came back.

Codemonkey hardly "fixed" vichan, he suggested using a memory store, something a community developer had also proposed, but since they call the shots we had to use his Haskell project. Also, they still had to disable multiple endpoints (+50, +350, probably more) to help eliminate the 502s. When traffic spikes it will probably still be a problem, they're now using 4 machines.

The problem is Josh ran out of money to live in a third world country and refused Jim's employment offer, which would mean Jim would own the software/copyright.

Well, probably around 6 or 7 machines really, but 3-4 machines for alacrity itself iirc.

AFTER attempting a migration. It should have been stress tested BEFORE that. The effect of that was that next DIDN'T WORK, which would have been avoidable if it had been properly tested.

Working/not working is a very binary concept. Next DIDN'T work, for reasons other than cripple-kike captchas. Blaming laravel doesn't change that.

Go back to 16chan, Josh.

Because the thing that I'm posting messages on work fine and I don't even know who Jim is.

The issue wasn't of stress on the database, it was binary support and shit like BIGNUM that was fundamentally missing from Illuminate for pgsql.
It worked fine once core laravel was forked and fixed, besides the cripple captcha.

Why does Holla Forums come to shit up Holla Forums every time Infinity Next is mentioned? I'm pretty sure no one on Holla Forums goes to Holla Forums to shit up threads about games they know nothing about. None of these retards know anything about Laravel, PHP, PostgreSQL, etc, and yet here they are arguing about the limited amount of information they were able to gather from the front end when their board was redirected for a couple minutes. They argue tirelessly about what they think are serious, software breaking, problems with 0 understanding of why any of it happened. They have the audacity to say the software should never ever be used with no understanding of anything, but their emotional reaction to small bugs. Josh is evil therefor the code is tainted

Why are you here, and not on 4chan or Reddit?

most people don't know about or want to be involved with meta drama.

But that doesn't answer the question.

If you're just a normie living in blissful ignorance of how hard your privacy's being fucked then Holla Forums is technically inferior to 4chan on all remaining counts. And if you're that shallow then you may as well go all the way and use a pseudonym-based site. If you have nothing worth saying, you have nothing to hide.

well, it has no google captcha.
that's pretty much the appealing thing about this site.

So you're pants-shittingly paranoid about Google knowing only the times of when you open the post form on 4chan, but you're perfectly fine with the fact that Cloudflare has access to 100% of your traffic to Holla Forums in plaintext?

well 4chan uses mitmflare too
so at least it's one less company that knows what shitposts I make

megakek

Fuck off moonboy. You've sucked enough money out of this community already.

Doesn't change the fact that cloudflare is mitmflare

What a great technical argument. You should go back to Holla Forums or whatever shithole you came from and stay there.

The cripple already apologized.

I think the site should switch to Next but that's not up to me.

Said Josh did nothing wrong, and in Josh's position he would have done the same thing, then took a fat shit on Infinity Next again is more like it.

FUCK OFF JEWSH SHILL

INFINITY NEVER EVER IS WAS AND FOREVER WILL BE SHIT

>HURR DURR ONLY THE DUMB VIDYA GAYME (LOL XD I AM SO CLEVER) PLAYERS DONT' LIKE THIS SOFTWARE

GAS THE 16CHAN
LYNXCHAN NOW

So what's your technical argument against it?

The entire fucking experience of the
12 THOUSAND DOLLAR
failed project.

That's not a technical argument. You're free to try again.

If you knew anything about technology, you'd be able to produce a single argument against it.
I can point out a few decisions Josh made that were poor, that aren't even stylesheet, UI, or retard related, and are still standing.
So let's go, let's hear your technical argument. If you don't have one, you don't know shit about technology and need to go back to Holla Forums.
You proclaimed that you were competent enough to have opinions or judge decisions made, now do it.

If you're too much of a nigger to read the arguments already presented in this thread ON TOP OF the actual events that transpired when NEVER EVER was being created, you aren't going to listen to them when they're repeated. You're too busy shilling for shitty software.

READ THE POSTS NIGGER

Okay, let's go through them

Has already been responded to, he didn't know what he was talking about, and Hotwheels was the one who wanted to do a test migration on live before they went on vacation, without testing an offline db dump to postrgresql.

Has already been responded to, he didn't know what he was talking about, and it's not even an argument against Next.

Not a technical argument now, and yet another retard that doesn't know what he was talking about, because Josh fixed core laravel.

Yet anothern non-argument. Cripple's captcha was the problem.

Yet another non-argument of the state of things rather than fundamental technical issues.
Rest of them are covered in this post.

So, I will take this as the fact that you are incompetent, your opinion does not matter in this thread, and you need to go back to Holla Forums.
If you don't actually post a technical critique in your next post, you lost.

FUCKING KNEW IT

No, most of the "arguments" you linked to have been rebutted, and the rest aren't technical.
Since you can't even express a single technical viewpoint, you are incompetent, and your opinion does not matter. You're deliberately avoiding expressing any actual "opinion" or "argument" because you do not know what the fuck you are talking about.

>>>Holla Forums

you aren't making an argument here, you're just screeching memes.

Suckstart a shotgun Josh.

Samefag harder.

The arguments were made and presented in this thread already along with the lived experience of the INFINITY NEVER EVER project, and you just dismiss everything that doesn't praise Joshua Connor Moon and his waste of other peoples' $12,000 as wrong just because you say it is wrong.

They've been rebutted.
If you can't handle it, respond to them with a counter argument in kind.
The only one who wasted anyone's money is Jim.

Now that we know you are incapable of making a technical argument, it's time to go back where you came from.

"No you're stupid and wrong go back to Holla Forums you don't know anything" is not a rebuttal.

Dank OC m80, saved

The arguments you've linked to themselves were responded to, pointing out why the arguments fall flat.
The product exists, and is free for anyone to use ande improve upon.

You are not wrong, no one claimed you're wrong. The fact is you haven't made any argument at all. Now, time to go back where you came from.

haha cheers

"You're wrong and don't know anything go back to Holla Forums" is not a rebuttal nor an argument.

The arguments have already been made on top of the factual sequence of events that occurred during development. All you have done is say "NO UR DUMB GO BACK TO Holla Forums".

Go back to 16chan. If Infinity NEVER is so great, why aren't you on your site using it?

The arguments you've linked to have been responded to, and rebutted.
You have made no argument.

Make a technical argument or go back to Holla Forums. You're basically sagebombing and shitposting at the same time.

"You're wrong and don't know anything go back to Holla Forums" is not a rebuttal nor an argument.

You have yet to provide a rebuttal to this.

Go back to 16chan, we don't want your shitty software here and it's never going to be installed anyway.

I never claimed it was. I claimed that the arguments you linked to have been responded to and rebutted.

>>>Holla Forums

Your "responses" and "rebuttals" are entirely "You're wrong and don't know anything go back to Holla Forums".

Go back to 16chan, we don't want your shitty software here and it's never going to be installed anyway.

twitter.com/HW_BEAT_THAT/status/740397612268982273

Anyways, the community of Holla Forums that actually voted with their wallets instead of with a javascript poll chose Infinity Next.
Hotwheels threatened to use hundreds of dollars of the money that the users had donated to the site before to start paying Lynx as a threat and to demoralize Josh. Still don't know where the remaining donations went. Probably in hotwheels pocket, most likely.

Hotwheels has apologized for the way he acted and said he would do much the same if he were in Josh's shoes. He initiated a campaign of scorched earth damage control in an attempt "to save Next" but really was humiliating Josh to get him to surrender copyright to his pigfucker handler. This is despite the fact that he said he'd have done the same thing.

"I disagree" that Next would've worked is not a technical argument. Everyone who has benchmarked Next without the captcha says it runs fine, and probably could run without document caching, load balanced on the hardware they have now easily.

All in all, the "refusal" of Next is really a result of shitposters, and fueled by Hotwheels attempt to get someone to surrender their copyright, which they still hold as an independent contractor, to someone who did pretty much nothing to help the project, and in fact huffed out of a coffee shop when told that, no, he can't own the software.

The reality is that there's no reason for Next to not work, from a technical perspective. Just needs javashit added and a few fixups to the backend and you're done.

The problems are now political, rather than technical. Jim doesn't know how the AGPL works, he seems to be interpreting the "linking provision," which isn't different from the GPL linking provision, as potentially interpretable across the network. In addition, with GPLv2, there already is a precedent of a feature requirement for "adding a link to download the source code" much like "add this copyright notice." Same thing.

So, in the end, the problem is political, not technical.

How unsurprising.

What was his trip again?

How unsurprising.

test

Ah, there we go.

Dank.

Are you really this desperate and lonely for attention?

Not an argument.

Neither is being so desperate for replies that you're shitposting this hard.
It must be hard, to be a subhuman NEET.

It's alright though, friend. One day it will get better for you.

How does it feel, to be mentally ill?

josh really has learned a lot from his cow farm.

His manners, his debating ability, his personal hygiene.

How long till he gets the autist glasses ?

You still rambling about how everyone who calls you a fucking retard is your boogeyman, due to your mental illness?
How long until you get your autismbux?

1. Analmoose and the lizard people declares war on Holla Forums
2. Jim Watkins is a member of Anonymous
3. Holla Forums gets DDoS'd
4. Jim takes over
5 profit ????
PURE COINCIDENCE

YOU HAVE NO ARGUMENTS AND YOUR OC IS SHIT

16chan works fine.

Shit, Josh really can't let go. Scorned lover or autist?

Everyone is Josh tbh.

I'm not into drinking cripple piss though.

You can do search and replace on the list elements if you want, then go update the stylesheets, and submit a pull request if you really browse the web with links. You don't, but that's okay. It's free software, nothing is stopping you.

Here's a few:

* We're talking about the software
* Not relevant to the software
* As opposed to the cripple, who leaked IP addresses on three seperate occasions, and Jim, who hosts the servers and owns 60% of this place, whose company wrote software that stored and leaked thousands of people's credit card information, and he certainly had knowledge of this storage at the very least.
* What does that have to do with software that you can review yourself?
* Josh explicitly said he'll allow Tor images as soon as he's finished fixing up the perceptual hashing library he picked and getting it to worked with flipped/rotated images, to properly allow moderation and banning of child exploitation images posted from Tor. Nothing to do with the software, and Holla Forums itself doesn't allow image uploading from Tor anymore.
Read the OP before you shitpost

And the person running the software is someone I don't want to associate with. Nor do I want to associate with the sycophants (like yourself) who inhabit the site.

What is that about SJWs and tech I hear all the time? I suppose suddenly it doesn't matter if it's a fellow autist am i right?

Oh, so I suppose you've audited the current version? Or any version? And plan to audit it forthwith every time a new version comes out?

Well, if that's the case then I guess you got me. :^)

Might as well have stopped typing friend.

This is a thread about why people don't want to do there. Your autistic rants about something not being relevant to software is completely irrelevant.

And? What does that have to do with the software. No one cares who you want to associate with, you currently associate with a failed porn businessman who leaked thousands of credit card details and post histories and a cripple who went into scorched earth damage control to humiliate an independent contractor to surrender their copyright to said failed porn businessman, who didn't even know what the software was, but he knew that he had to own it.
What is it that you hear? Of what relevance is it to this conversation?
You can follow the commits on github, or on Josh's personal gitlab instance. It's free software.
As opposed to no plan, no announcement by this staff, and not even an update to the fucking FAQ to announce a change in adminship and probably ownership.
This thread is about the software. You'd know that if you'd have actually read it.

I just leave that here:

twitter.com/HW_BEAT_THAT/status/735429324757569540
twitter.com/HW_BEAT_THAT/status/735696572445425666

Source: endchan.xyz/ggrevolt/
>>>/monster/193805

Nice

Well the fact you're unable to understand simple concepts is what is hampering the discussion my friend.

I like how you skipped over the part about auditing it in the first place. Assuming your retarded reasoning about following the comments even holds any water which I suspect it doesn't

This site doesn't have a feature
WELL NEITHER DOES THIS ONE FART FART FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAART

In fact, I understand just fine. It's you that can't seem to get a simple concept through your thick nigger skull.
We're not talking about any site, we're talking about software. You're the one deliberately confusing the two, and I pointed out how this site has no plan, no announcement to support Tor images, and no care for them really. Josh's instance is configured to only allow uploads that have already been stored be uploaded from Tor, until perceptual hashing is done, which allows proper moderation of images posted from Tor, because they'd all be posting from the same loopback address. This database of perceptual hashes will also help every owner of Tor imageboards, especially NNTPchan nodes, allow Tor uploading.
Astute. Yes. That's what this thread is about. Why the community of Holla Forums refuses to use software, not an instance of software. Now that you've got that through your thick fucking skull, we can move on.

Name calling. Nice.

Are you sure you're from Holla Forums?

Well then why you arguing my friend?

Serious question for Josh.
Why don't you shill the software to 4chan?
The last time there was a Yotsuba rewrite was in 2012. It still has major problems. A Yotsuba fork of NEXT could be a highly attractive prospect for the 4cucks.

Are you triggered?
A website is an instance of software.
You may recall instantiation, if you're not a nigger. Same concept. My apologies if this is too big of a word for you.
Because you were talking about an instance rather than software.

Yet another implication that the only person in this thread actually talking about the software is Josh.
Don't you ever get tired of your own boogeyman shit? Or are you the kind of person who likes to linger in their own piss, shit, and farts?

The community isn't a hivemind, most only know "php = bad" due to the intense shilling from Lynxchan.

4chan is closed source.

Originally 4chan used open source Japanese software but moot closed it off.

No, but names aren't arguments my friend.

So, what you're saying is you're wrong and also retarded?

I'm talking about why Holla Forums could possibly be refusing to move to 16chan. Then you came in having an autist fit about how it isn't related to the software, when the ambiguous text of the OP clearly includes the possibility for non-technical reasons why people wouldn't want to use it.

Let me simplify for you:
Someone you know masturbates frequently offers you their keyboard and mouse. You don't know if they wash their hands when they are done.

In this case, you still have a functioning keyboard and mouse, but they are on the way out.

Under your retarded reasoning I should use those pieces of hardware and stop complaining because the cumstains aren't related to the hardware.

No
That's not what this thread is about.
The only one who's having an autist fit is you.
"it" being the software, not an instance of the software.

You are a fucking retard by the way. I'm curious, is english not your first language, or are you actually retarded?

Yes it is.

Is this really going to be a shitposting war? Because I'm not really up for that and it doesn't paint a good picture of the people who frequent 16chan (you).

You're retarded.

Okay, let me break it down for you.
Can you find 16chan in the OP?
No? Then this thread isn't about 16chan, an instance of the Infinity Next software.
Can you find "Infinity Next" in the OP.
Yes? Then this thread is about the Infinity Next software, not an instance of the software.
Well fuck, if I'd have actually mentioned I frequented 16chan, I believe it would paint a pretty good picture because I actually grasp the fucking english language and understand simple concepts like "instances."
Maybe you should go take an english class, nigger.

You don't need to. You're clearly brain damaged and listening to anything you say would only frustrate me.

Not really convincing my friend.

Is it because of the "my friend". You realize I'm using the term jokingly ri -- wait, you're autistic. Never mind. You wouldn't understand the social ques necessary.

That tends to happen when being rightfully called out for being a retard.
I take it you could not find "16chan" in the OP. I wonder why that is.
You haven't refuted anything, you've been shitposting about "16chan" versus the actual software.
In my case there's no joke: you need to take an english class. Nor was my recommendation hinging on your dumb joke. The recommendation was made due to the fact that you are fucking retarded.

I think I should just call you retarded and get on with my day.

So:
You're retarded.

It's not going to be accepted even if a fix was made.

So it's easier to work around the list element fuck-up and do the replace in browser.

I take it you could not find "16chan" in the OP, then?
Have a good day, retard. Have fun stocking shelves.

Suspects:

*Nool Himself
*Someone from that failed Warosu Successor
*Bedserver

Effectively doesn't matter, because the guy you are talking about is too autistic to understand that the question "why does the community of Holla Forums refuse to use Infinity Next?" yields timeless classics like:

>Next shat its pants when 2500^16 people from Holla Forums where on it and it still doesn't serve more than 300 Faggots.

Not to mention that depending on a framework is bad practice, Null needed the help of multiple expert engineers to help him out with the Database. Did I mention how Jim only became a problem as soon that Youtube video put him into the spotlight long after many factions of spergs started to tear apart Holla Forums. Same factions wnat to sell us Lynxchan instances and 16chan.

I think josh could run search and replace, and an additional grep to check for any dangling elements that weren't caught, on users custom stylesheets directory if he wanted to, based on your diff. Just suggest he do that.

No, relying on a framework is good practice for stuff like this, especially for quick development.
You'll end up rolling your own framework in the end, and end up like projects such as OwnCloud or Wordpress. You're not going to do any better, especially as one or several people, than those projects.
But thank you for your worthless opinion.

Jim was never a problem, softserve was a great idea and no one really sperged out over that video besides Holla Forums. The problems came after.

Also, this is why we can't take retards like you seriously. The main problem was not "front page freezes", the problem was the way insertion was done and leading to the fucking database crashing after so many records. If hotwheels had profiled the database the bug would've been found, and the software would've still been slow as shit.
Why do you retards think your opinion matters when you know absolutely nothing?

I like how he vehemently defends software he purportedly doesn't use

I like how you have opinions on things you do not understand. Please, tell me more about the Warosu/Josh/Null boogeyman.
I sure hope mommy reminded you to take your meds today.

mods

Why are you calling for mods? ring isn't going to save you from getting blown the fuck out.

If you want to reach the mods reports are the way to go.

modifications

Not sure what you mean by that.

Joshua Moon raped me.

it's already been pointed out in the thread that the captcha was the problem.
you have to understand the problem fundamentally: the 1% rule.
so, let's say that within a 24 hour period there's 2500 people that post on Holla Forums. let's say that within an average hour there's 500 people posting on Holla Forums. there are going to be far more lurkers than actual contributors at any time.
so Holla Forums gets load balanced, along with all of the other boards they've chosen to test before that, and now the site is being flooded with lurkers and it's generating captchas for all of the IP addresses associated with the requests that are being load balanced, and to make matters worse hotwheels captcha was a piece of shit.
therein lies the problem.
it was on a shitty i5 and was already load balancing various small boards, in addition to generating captchas for every thread request to those boards with a new IP address, poster or not.
when you throw Holla Forums at it, and account for all of the lurker traffic and the fact that it's using a slow captcha and generating a captcha regardless if you want to make a post, you can see what the problem is.

Fix'd.

Laravel also generated crappy queries for postgres and it took a migration attempt before Josh realized that caching might be a good idea.

40 requests/second is downright pathetic.

Do you even know what that's referring to, you fucking retarded sack of shit? That's referring to request throughput with dynamic templating, and the bottleneck has nothing to do with "crappy queries" for postgres. Nor was the original problem with the "faled migrations" a problem with "crappy queries" but "core laravel not supporting binary querying" and such.
This is talked about in this very thread yet you think you actually know what you're talking about.

Also, the "40 requests/second" refers to 40 requests/second per core. For PHP that isn't too bad, and isn't even taking into account any sort of document caching.
It tickles me that retards think you know what you're talking about, but you really don't.
You conflated RDB caching in this context too, which I find hilarious.

How fast does Holla Forums's code run without Alacricity and static file caching, again?

Shoo shoo, site goblin!
40 requests per second is shit and it's downright hilarious you think that it is fast enough for a public site with actual visitors.

No idea, why?

40 requests per second per core without caching. You'd typically use more than one core and most requests can be handled by a cache.

"No caching" is a reason it only gets 40 reqs/second. How does that change the fact it's too slow to use?

It has caching now. None of the current instances are too slow to use.

Even if it is fast enough now (and I somewhat doubt that without seeing some actual numbers on similar hardware), it was too slow then.

Because that's the number you should be comparing to.

Because of the captcha. The old performance figures are useless now that the captcha was replaced. It could still perform badly, but you can't use those old figures to claim that.

Time how long a non-JS post takes to go through with alacricity write cache. At a guess, this would be 4-5 seconds. Subtract from that the time it takes without that cache, which is about 7-8 seconds. The difference of those two numbers, that's how long it takes this site to generate a thread page and catalog page. Let's for the sake of simplification assume they're perfectly evenly distributed and take 1.5 seconds each.

That gives you Holla Forums's requests per second, which works out to about 0.6.

If you wanna shill for Next you should stop lying, buddy. The Captcha is still created each time a user merely opens the page. It generates much faster now indeed, but the general problem of unnecessary computations still isn't gone at all. For that matter nobody except Null knows how much the software needs to do for displaying a page. Don't forget to tell everyone that Next only has only to deal with about 290 people at the moment that is still dwarfed by all sub top 25 boards. To this comes the lack of boards it needs to power to prove that it is better that Holla Forums; 16 has 186, this place has whopping 11,467. In other words Next maybe is or isn't a papertiger just like Infinity before Alarcrity. Little common sense advice here: If you want so many people to come at once come to your OS/2 board at once you shouldn't content with "maybe it can serve the Thirteen gorillion".

Now to the real reasons why the entire Community doesn't want it and then to the reasons why deployment here is a pipedream.

First of all Anons like familiarity and Larchan doesn't deliver on this, because Josh had a vision that is apparently only understandable to fucking geniuses from outer space. What wasn't part of that vision is the time tested design of every image board ever since Futaba. To make the matter even worse, Null refused to make it compatible to all browsers the general user base is actually using which boils down to pretty much Firefox and all it forks. Let's not forget Null's horrible PR talents that led to redirection of Holla Forums during a yearly happening. The last thing the board wanted to be during AGDQ is being the guinea pig for a autistic webdev who is too retarded for doing a proper stress test. 7 months of contemptible neglect and 12000 Dollars later, the software still wasn't ready.

Even if the userbase wants it now, because the Moon just happened to cross the eighth house of Aquarius, deployment here is a pipedream. Null doesn't want to deal with Jim and Jim wants a license that is actually legally tested, because he doesn't fancy paying for precedent case for AGPL.

Performance NOW doesn't change that it was too slow THEN.

Besides, the correct way to handle slow external services (such as captchas) is to not call them synchronously on every page load, rather than blaming the external services. I've had to work against geographically distant services (response time measured in seconds) and I fixed my code rather than yelling at the laws of physics.

If you are trying to argue that next might be fast enough now and we should migrate to it, that's not ever happening thanks to our beloved yoga pig and sociopathic hobgoblin. This is not purgatory, this is hell.

I doubt any of the players involved is competent enough to replace infinity, including Josh

Most of the captcha problem is gone, even if it could be improved further. I'm not saying the current situation is ideal, I'm saying that it's very different from the situation then.

Infinity Next handles large numbers of board much better than Infinity. The Tinyboard system is designed for a small number of boards, and works in a way that's incredibly retarded for Holla Forums-scale sites, but Infinity Next was designed to handle it well from the start.

Infinity Next's javascript broke on Palemoon. It might still do that, but it was caused by a bug in Palemoon, so probably not. Do you know any other browsers it's incompatible with? It worked with everything I threw at it, except eww.

It does change the claim that it would be too slow NOW.

Theoretical brainwank that maybe doesn't matter as soon Czaks start refactoring vichan.

Some bugs were still present in other firefox forks I have tried. I tried and tried until I ended up with Waterfox.

At least you had the stone to admit it was you, Null. Kindr regards: /cow/

PS: Stop sending your banned Kiwispergs to us.

There are a few. Too bad they were idiotic enough to run the only instance of their software instead of releasing it and run.

what a wonderful thread

Yeah he'll do that any year now. Maybe this place will get a working overboard before the end of the decade :^)

N N T P C H A N
N
T
P
C
H
A
N

You're seriously a fucking retard who has been shown multiple times in this thread to not know what you're talking about, yet you still somehow think your opinions matter. That poster obviously didn't "admit" anything, he said he threw a bunch of browsers at it and didn't have any problems.
Why do retards like you keep flaunting your incompetence? Do you think you are particularly clever and get pissed off when someone calls you out for not knowing what you're talking about, as has been stated in this thread?
Also, Next serves around 320 requests/second per server on comparable hardware to what Holla Forums is using now, without document caching. To say that its not able to be deployed is bullshit, they are throwing away how many machines at alacrity?

Welcome to another wonderful thread at Holla Forums inc.

Too bad this thread is mostly incompetent Holla Forums retards, and the lone /cow/tist that thinks
is an argument. The legit Holla Forums users BTFO them multiple times, but they refuse to fuck off.

Haven''t you called out multiple times for sperging out about the logs instead of actually managing your 2 communities?

Hung on your balls.

There is exactly one machine thrown at Alarcrity. The posting server. Stop pretending its not you, Null. And no, I don't get upset if you do exactly what the Urban Dictionary describes under feeding the trolls.

eww is a browser, you sperg.

How about all of July 2015 just for the hell of it?

>>>/4irc/555
>>>/4irc/556
>>>/4irc/557
>>>/4irc/558
>>>/4irc/562
>>>/4irc/563
>>>/4irc/568
>>>/4irc/569
>>>/4irc/570
>>>/4irc/571
>>>/4irc/572
>>>/4irc/573
>>>/4irc/574
>>>/4irc/575

My favorite line of that minute from that time period is this one:

Have fun with your melt down. I won't pay attention to that bad cartoon this time.

Do you really think I have interpreted eww as dog whistle and not as weird ass name for some Browser I have never heard about?

No I haven't, Josh.

well originally they hated josh and were probably behind most of the shitposting against him and Next, then when the cripple went against josh they did a 180 and became Josh's biggest fans.

To be fair the lack of Holla Forums users with an IQ over 100 in threads like these is because they moved the good discussions off of this festering shithole of a site. We're only here because the board mods do their job properly, and the same people run Holla Forums on other sites so who needs 8cancer?

Do the mods here own the Holla Forums on 16chan? I've been posting on 16chan as much as I can. Mostly Holla Forums, and /next/ though since they are the most active, but I post on Holla Forums too whenever I can.

16/tech/, end/tech and 8ch.pl/tech/.

checked and I fucking hated that

I also hated the when he tried to convert the whole site without testing instead of a smaller board like Holla Forums or Holla Forums

I'm gonna lay down an anecdote for you

back before the exodus, on /vg/, there were star citizen threads

I'm not gonna defend star shitizen but during those threads when lots of people were hype for the game there were a few faggots that would not stop interjecting about Elite Dangerous

people would be hyping about the newest thing that was coming out and soem fags would come in say it was shit and shill people to get elite dangerous instead

nobody liked those fags and they were told to fuck off and make their own threads and when they did nobody was hype enough for that shit game and the threads never lasted

because by begin such insufferable unselfaware faggots they actually put people off of the game and it definitely turned out to be a shit greedy jew game

you are those fags

you are those fags and you are too insufferable and autistic to get how you are actually putting people off of going to 16chan

and when people say "I don't like thing about 16chan" your response is "but you should like thing I don't see the problem just go to 16chan"

you are shooting yourselves in the foot and by trying to force people to join you are actually stifling 16chans growth

way to go faggots

Nice, that covers all the real alternatives

tl;dr

tl;dr 16chan fags are pushy fags and it puts people off 16chan

Yet again,no idea what you are talking about. Alacrity is shared across 3-4 servers.
Please do yourself a favor and kill yourself.

Sharded**

No one in this thread is pushing 16chan. This is an infinity next software discussion thread. Or it was until Holla Forums decided to come shit it up.

user that is a bullshit distinction

that's like saying lynxchan is not lynx imageboard software

user, don't argue with him. He's too busy being fucking retarded.

ok

No, you are just a subhuman who needs to fucking kill yourself. No one mentioned 16chan until Holla Forums came to shit it up, along with the /4irc/ autist who thinks his opinion matters, despite the fact that he has absolutely no idea what he's talking about.
Not the user you're replying to BTW.

8ch.pl is not Holla Forums, though they are both running instances of the infinity software.
You should kill yourself, the world would be be much better off.

No it's like saying lynxchan isn't an instance, but a piece of software. Lynxchan is the name of the software that runs on lynxhub, endchan so this would be 100% correct. Fuck off retard.

top bantz user, very impressive

fine

tl;dr InfinityNext fags are pushy fags and it puts people off InfinityNext

So basically you admit you are a retard that dislikes a piece of software for non-technical reasons. Yeah, user is right. Kill yourself immediately

I'm telling you that I'm not going to adopt a software I have tried and don't like and the equivalent of mac fags are doing a shit job of convincing me to switch after I've made up my mind

good argument

The post

I liked it actually, because fuck Holla Forums

If Josh did anything correctly it was to drag Holla Forums's nose thru shit.

Lynxware is the objectively better software, but the fact that the mods dissed it because their mod tools weren't nice and polished from the beginning is very telling. If you want an imageboard software to be well-liked then you need to give the mods and board owners an interface straight outta' Hollywood... and shill it in an IRC circlejerk also.

Imageboards are dead, long live imageboards.

Also, GG was just an excuse to harass women, nobody cared about the ethics really.

As opposed to your non argument.
Its been shown throughout the thread that shitposters who have no idea what they are talking about, are overwhelmingly on the site bitching about next.
No ones "pushy" here, this is a thread for discussion and you will get called out for not knowing what you are talking about.
Take the /4irc/ autistic, almost every post of his in this thread are demonstrative to contain inaccuracies or flat out lies, gross incompetence and talking out of his ass, and botching about his bogeyman or accusing someone of being josh.

The fact they have to make the distinction between 16chan and Next, when it is abundantly clear that even if the site moved over we'd be using the same code as 16chan and likely have the same administration, is a pretty obvious statement about their intellect.

Great a namefag that has no idea what he's talking about appears.

Lynxchan is fatally flawed software. Lynx is an autist that is using memegod the wrong way.

This particular board owner has bad taste though. It is unfortunate that a single user with shit taste would own the board on multiple sites. I have never read good opinions from the board owner... go ahead, prove me wrong. What is the board owner's favorite 2hu?

liberal logic the post

I'm going to assume this is bait user

that was my point
as opposed to the board with faggots pushign next
kek, re-read thread

libs

No one has to do anything here. The thread is about why the Holla Forums community refuses to use infinity next. So far the only answer is politics.

well, joshs shit aesthetic sense has always been on the table

Except the fact you 16chan shills which is what you are constantly drone on and on about talking about next and not 16chan waaaaaaaaaaaa.

Okay,here's a test.
Who is the name of the original Holla Forums bo.
I'm wondering if another shitty board was linked Herr, if you can't answer this question you need to go back to where you came from.

That's also not really an argument anymore, really, because burichan is a thing. Even if you're still sperging out over the theme after the gutter was removed.

post link

Even worse is that 1) you haven't filtered this namefag and 2) you're replying to them. Cut that shit out.

To what?

not him but what the fuck does that have to do with anything?

is that an oldfag test?

on Holla Forums?

what purpose does that serve?

burichan

To evaluate whether or not you need to go back. It may or may not be a trick question, if the board hasn't changed hands.
I imagine this thread has been linked on some board other than Holla Forums considering how much shitposting from retards who don't know what they're talking about is in it.

Burichan is an infinity next themes that attempts to replicate the same kind of look Holla Forums has. It is a little bit out of date with CSS changes and needs updated but that doesn't change anything really.

Is
It

I wouldn't know it tho user

I didn't really come over with /g/ exodus, I came over on the first gamergte exodus boat with Holla Forums and Holla Forums

good times

No but it can be made the default by an admin of an infinity next instance if they wish to.
Its almost like you are incompetent and come from another board.

never ever

if jewsh really want's the average board user to use his software he must capitulate and stick with what people are used to

Admins of an instance can make whatever default theme/additional themes they want. You don't seem to understand that this software is all about choice.

Which is why the default is a Yotsuba clone and not a remake of this shitstain of a website.

There was never any "exodus".

Embracing this meme about something that never happened has led to people constantly trying the same with their deadchans.

People came to Holla Forums because they were banned on 4chan and Holla Forums allowed discussions that you could not have on 4chan.

There never was an "exodus" where people said "I don't like 4chan and I'm going to Holla Forums", people went to Holla Forums because it had stuff that 4chan did not.

I wasn't really interested in the Holla Forumsirgin discussions, most of Holla Forums came here because of rumblings of moderation mass censoring of a discussion, no matter what it was.
So speak for yourself, shitstain.

most of /g/ are still on /g/, posting about the virtues of open source and internet privacy while posting on a closed source google botnet.

Do you always just project what you're doing on to other people or is this a new thing?

Anyone who heard yet stayed is a fucking retard, but your generalization that an exodus didn't happen because muh arbitrary features/qualities is bullshit. The only reason anyone heard was rumbling of censorship.

Do you always shitpost about things you don't understand or is this anew thing?

Do you always simply copy what other people say because you have no social skills and people hate you so you constantly whine about shitposting to avoid the inevitable conclusion that you should literally kill yourself or... wait, that's it. :^)

None of that makes any sense.
Its clear this thread is filled with incompetents and it was linked from another board to shit it up,and yet they still failed. I imagine the person who linked to it from wherever is also the determined autisti in the thread linking to /4irc/ and generally not knowing what the fuck he's talking about, being wrong in almost every post he's made in the thread.
I wonder which board/site it was linked from.

I was against censorship, that's why I left 4chan all those years ago. I am a very ethical person.

I'm pretty sure it makes perfect sense. You're either unwilling to acknowledge this reality or are blind to it.

Either way, you're essentially calling everyone who disagrees with you a shill. I've literally not seen a post from you that couldn't be boiled down to "well you disagree with me so you a) don't know what you're talking about ot b) come from elsewhere thus your opinion doesn't matter".

Either way, you're the antithesis to anonymous imageboards and their culture and you should hang yourself immediately. No, I'm not trying to be edgy. You literally need to kill yourself. Seek help if you must, but get it done.

Not really, because I'm not repeating the same tired bullshit from shitposters on Holla Forums months ago or in various meta threads, about the subject of this thread, unlike faggots like you. Only for you to get btfo every time, you'd think you retards would stop using the shitty arguments and stop having opinions on something that's obvious way out of your depth, being of simple mind.
No, look back in the thread. Its clear shitposters were linked from somewhere. Also, I'm not mentally ill and don't need to accuse someone of "shilling."
Nah. Stay asshurt tho.

Oh hey I found out where most of the fucking retarded shitposters who have no idea what they're talking about are coming from.
>>>/cow/216592

That figures. The /cow/ thread is obsessed with him. Funniest shit was when his trip first leaked, I went in there and impersonated him. I milked them for a while until freech faggots came in and let them know the trip leaked because the freech faggots didn't realize it was a ruse and thought it was Josh defending himself. Was hilarious

wew
josh is sperging out in this faggot thread
lolcow.farm/pt/res/283541.html#287350

If freech never sperged out and blew my cover they would have never figured it out

Ya I read that thread a few minutes ago. Not sure about his kiiwii forums bullshit or forumfaggotry but Josh is correct in most of those posts.
Isn't that a site for femanons?

Anybody notice how this thread doesn't update with the latest posts? Not a problem on Endchan.

Endchan takes longer to build a fucking thread than even vichan does with a memory store, as soon as it starts getting comparable traffic the queue is going to shit itself.

Dunno about you, but it's updating fine for me on Palemoon 26.3.

Same. Works fine. Endchan is shit btw

How hard can it be to write some image board software?

Infinity Next works great.

There is a thread I posted in that shows many posts on the front page. Open the thread an its just the OP... and I can post and see my post if I refresh the front page but I cannot see my post in the thread for a long time... even longer than half an hour. This happens a lot on 8ch, on every board.

There's a porn star that looks like Josh.

Carmen Callaway

Please spoiler that.

I actually pretty much returned to 4chan due to the failure of Infinity Next.

I'm only here due to some coincidence. Haven't even browsed 8ch since like a year ago.

Sadly it wouldn't have failed had hotwheels captcha not been total dog shit. 6 requests/second versus 40 requests/second per core. That's how fucked hotwheels captcha was.

josh did whiteknight for himself, that's where it started. If you're to ignore that then you're some offsite nigger trying to start shit.

Here's an offsite nigger trying to start shit :^)
https:[email protected]/* *//hotwheels-a-postmortem-9ea800d9227b

Daily reminder that Josh did nothing wrong

Why even bother using the real one, at the height of the Next drama there were fake trips and people fell for them.

Just end your life already.

Then make the case.
So far, nothing has really made the case.

So far, all you've said is that everything everyone says is wrong.

Stop being a faggot and make the case for infinity never ever.

To the contrary, there've been replies to specifics and explanations about why the assertions are wrong.
So far, the only argument against Next is political, rather than technical. That is, the political argument concerning the license from Jim.
Even that license argument doesn't hold water, because if he's afraid of the linking provision he shouldn't be using GPL components at all, because it's the same linking provision.

You still need to make your case about moving from an established system to a new one.

Convince anyone to use infinity never ever.

All of the reasons it was originally written for.

1) get away from the shitstorm that is the vichan-derived schema
the team does not want to even touch the shitty schema of infinity, going to far as to create an oauth application instead of re-integrating banners back into infinity.
additionally, the schema prevents global moderation from actually working, and will prevent many features people want in the future.
2) easily flesh out dynamic features like an overboard/multiboard and a fountain API with server sent events
3) clean up the laggy and grotesque javascript
4) better board management options, permissions system for certain classes of volunteers/mods
5) multimedia attatchments, and actual verification of uploaded files
6) attatchments based on hash sums instead of unix timestamps, saves bandwidth makes gets easier

For any of this to even happen it has to be tested out in "beta" again, for that major dev work has to happen to transfer everything over.

Starting from scratch is inconceivable.

If ppl don`t want to the UI to change we can use skins right?
My main complaint anyway was that it looked like ass and had half-assed features everywhere making it impossible to use daily.
Plus that part about alienating users currently here.

Even after all thats done continuous PHP maintenance has to become a thing, as stuff breaks all the time.

Being a prick who couldn`t fix it in time and sticking that license up the ass caused the reversion.

*reversion and then backlash

If I wasn't busy reading manga I'd make a decent imageboard software just to piss you off.

There's already four css themes, and an Holla Forums-esque "burichan" theme.

It's not going to happen, Jim has already made up his mind and his son has to respect that because it's not Codemonkey's site, it's Jim's site.

More likely he'll modify some obscure haskell imageboard when he gets the chance, in a decade.

There's less summerfag edgelords like yourself there.

## and Void

Nice leaked Tripcode.

no

discussion was banned

so the LEFT

THE LEFT THE LEFT THE LEFT THE LEFT THE LEFT THE LEFT THE LEFT THE LEFT

I just love how Next's failure is everyone's fault but Josh's. It's Hotwheez's fault because I say so! It's Jim's fault because muh meme license! It's /cow/'s fault because they knew I was a sperglord! It's your fault because you didn't have the patience to put up with four failed migrations!

Just fuck off already Josh. You lost. Next lost. And it's nobody's fault but yours. If Next is so damned great then go back to 16chan and chat with your bots some more.

damnit

Josh did nothing wrong. Go back to Holla Forums, kid.

What if I told you a massive chunk of people were never banned from 4chan and just left out of principle?

Josh had a shitload of work to do. I empathize with that sort of task, he had done better than I would've done (except for the lack of transactions in the beginning, and using sendfile, lel) primarily because I really don't know PHP, especially PHP with classes, too well.
There was too much responsibility placed on him, hotwheels is a shitty manager, and Jim is an incompetent retard who shouldn't be anywhere near the companies he runs, even if they are shitskin outsourcing companies.

As far as the failed migrations go, that wasn't really Josh's fault. That's more Laravel's DB abstraction layer lacking a few things for pgsql specifically. When you lose almost two months of development time fixing core, because 2channel wanted to change the database mid-development, I empathize with that too.

So really, you have no idea what you're talking about. There are some great ideas in Next, and it's a decent piece of software.

wew

you're butthurt that Next didn't end up being reduced to your designated shitting street

The soulless, crumbling shell of the former Holla Forums is the site you deserve, little bitch

Then why is 16chan even worse than fucking endchan?

Next looks a lot better than Lynxchan.

Freech and endchan were made during the height of the "fuck josh" circlejerk but 16ch is still ahead of both.

in what aspect?

I wonder what Jawsh and company focused on?

Meanwhile audiophile Jawsh can see that Endchan supported MP3s flawlessly while his shitpile was in fact nothing more than the flaming wreckage of his own ego, and a triumph to the arrogance of inept management, lest we forget who enabled all of this tragic comedy to transpire.

And still you have no idea what you are talking about. Fuck off back to endchan namefag

You don't even know what Holla Forums is

Infinity Never

and a plug for bestchan...

Cancer

nah, try uploading an mp3 by changing the file extension. it will fail to play, that's not flawless. and it can't even do embedded cover art thumbnailing.

I can do this all day...

At some point you just feel sorry for the Infinity Next cuckolds... and then you decide to crush them.

None of this is an actual technical argument against the software in the current state.
And none of these are the reasons that Jim won't use it, which is the only reason it wasn't used.
Those may be the reasons that retards from Holla Forums sperg out about, but they're not the reason it's not being used.
The reason it's not being used is Jim not wanting to use an AGPL work, despite the fact that the linking provision is much the same between GPL and AGPL. He's a retard.

I understand that much as well

Its just that when it had to be deployed, it wasn't ready, and when it was deployed again a few months later, it wasn't ready again. The way to dev is to make incremental improvements and test. Testing is important. I hope you realize that now at least.

Hotwheels leaked three seperate SQL dumps in addition two another hidden board list leak and an IP address log he was using to get coverage from a SJW news outlet, much like he'd sucked Ars Technica's dick in the past.
None of these are arguments against the software, take your shitposting elsewhere.

Then change Next to GPL.

IRCwheels doesn't get a pass either

Because 2channel had changed the database they were going to deploy to mid-development, when they switched to freebsd and changed some kernel settings because of vichan's schema. Laravel had poor support for postgresql, and thus core laravel had to be fixed.
Then it wasn't ready because of hotwheels captcha.

No one cares.

Lest we forget how the based cripple got AIDS

Then use a proxy. What are you posting on this site that is so sensitive that it requires complete anonymity, anyway? Are you one of these retards who values anonymity for its own sake?

Shii's original argument for anonymity in online forums was that it prevented the development of online circle-jerks based on accumulated reputation. Supposedly, people should judge a post by its content and not by the person who posted it. Of course, that's fucking retarded, because your opinion about a technical subject is absolutely worthless if you have no experience on it.

On the other hand, making a serious political post from an anonymous account, or even from a pseudonym, is chicken-shit cowardice. If you're too afraid to stand behind your word, then your word is worthless.

everyone using this site should have cared, just a little bit

Well the whole Infinity Next thing is really terrible. Why not just walk away and get a new handle? Be user, even if you feel the need to namefag, just change your name dude.

Given how profoundly disabled he is him just getting up in the morning is a miracle.

And stop using Facebook

The benefit of AGPL isn't the linking provision. The benefit of AGPL is the feature requirement of a link to your source code. There was already a precedent of feature requirements in GPLv2 concerning copyright notices and such, AGPL just says "you must give a link to the source code for all users."
What incompetent Jimbo doesn't understand that he's using software which has the same linking provision as the AGPL, yet he's worried about his intellectual property like softserve.

Yet again, you don't even know what you're looking at in that image, because you are a fucking retard.

I'm pretty sure that he is so high on pain pills that getting up is not a problem, but his clock is ticking a bit faster than the rest of ours, I'll grant you that

What about a GPL fork of Next?

What matters is what the majority perceives to be the truth, not unlike Net Neutrality

You can't change the licensing because you are not the author, nor do you have a license exception from the author.
The only reason you'd want a GPL fork of Next is because incompetent Jim doesn't fucking understand the linking provision.

As for "muh precedent," they're fucking using GPLv3. Not much, if any at all, precedent in that specific license in the fucking courts. Once again, same linking provision between AGPL and GPL.
Jim is either incompetent or just making shit up because he has rage issues. Perhaps he should go get his dick sucked from some underage girls in a cult and all his rage issues will go away. Do it every morning so he doesn't smash car windshields during his commute because of road rage, or verbally abuse the cripple because someone called his monetization plan stupid.

github.com/Cipherwraith/alacrity/blob/master/LICENSE

OMG MUH PRECEDENT
RUN FOR THE HILLS THEY'RE GONNA STEAL MY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY

The intellectual property that stored credit card information associated with posts on thousands of japanese customers.
Truly, Jim's outsourcing firms are world renowned.

thanks, at least someone can read

wew, its not like we are all angels posting on heavenchan

I think that the licenses are great but you could basically say screw you and do whatever, like libgen or whoever... if you are living in a jungle compound in the Phillipines there is little to worry about unless it is RWDS

No, Jim loves getting his dick sucked from cultists because they need money to go to church.
That would probably be what a businessman whose firm wrote software that for some reason saved credit card information on servers en route to be processed would do.

Jim never shared his uncensored Jap porn with the users of this website, so he can go fuck himself. I bet he has some rare shit in his vault, but we'll never see it.

Posting this one for the lulz, hope you like it.

comfy as fuck, welcome to the comfy thread with yours truly, based Fluff, dropping the redpills about 8ch and Infinity Next

OK, my work is done here

jesus that noise scared the living shit out of me
cute wee fuckers tho

just switch to Next already.

Fatally flawed imageboard software developed by an autistic Brazilian who thinks developer documentation that tells him he is using certain technology wrong is just opinions that he doesn't have to bother to follow
Instance of fatally flawed imageboard software developed by an autistic Brazilian
vichan imageboard #6000000
See above

really poor pop' in 16chan.

no thanks

Josh spams this shit constantly, no one wants to use his shit chan. Infinity Next is shit. He stole 12,000 dollars from us.

you'll be the CEO of N.T. Technology one day.

The sad part is that all of this is still miles better than Next and 16chan.

Why? The only problems with Next that get brought up are "Josh is bad" and "it didn't work properly months ago".

IIRC the final product was bad... unfinished .

thus he "stole" 12k because he didn t finish the job he was paid to do .

Which "final product"? There is no final product yet. It wasn't considered done when it was first tried in production. The reason it was used was that the old software was dying.

He's still working on it.

Josh isn't the one producing hundreds of webms of bullshit to sandbag every thread he's mentioned in, sunshine.

the final product had problems migrating to database due to 2channel changing the database mid-development, losing 1 1/2 months of development time because of the switch to postgresql and lack of support in laravel's database abstraction.
then came the problem with hotwheels captcha.
he didn't "steal" anything you subhuman fuckface.

Hi, Josh. No, the database code in next was the problem as it would break on read load with no captcha too as you had no idea what you were doing. It didn't even cache anything, it was grinding the database to form an identical thread for every user that hit the page. It was also full of bugs and security holes, almost every json request was abusable, the thread lookup was abusable, it was a sloppy mess. The only reason it "works" today is the site it's on has no load. It doesn't scale and would need redesigned.

That wasn't a problem since the first or second migration, you fucking retard. That was a core laravel problem, which required a fork of the framework to fix. After Josh fixed laravel, his code that he had already written worked just fine.
It was hitting the database cache, you fucking retard. It was hitting redis. Above that, document caching can also be implemented.

It "scales" better than vichan right now, they're throwing away 7 machines just to keep this shithole that gets less than 1 post per second and certainly doesn't need more than 700 requests/second, alive.

You do not know what you are talking about. Please stop pretending that you do.

Not to mention they're also going to throw away more hardware on a seperate cluster just to implement the archive. That would've been built into the site with Next.

It was a problem, I hit it for read with a http benchmarking tool near the end and it would quickly fall over from load. Don't believe Josh's lies, he always shifts blame.
It had no page level cache. Even many tutorials these days do. There is no excuse for this.
I doubt it. vichan is an inefficient mess but when last I benchmarked it it scaled much better than infinity next. I doubt Josh has fixed it as he doesn't understand complexity and doesn't know how to test. Did he ever properly load test it and give you a graph of the results or is he still just making guesses and lying?
Waiting on those numbers, Josh.

That has nothing to do with not hitting a db cache, you fucking retard.
There was going to be a document level cache, but hotwheels captcha was just too much dogshit.
You are a fucking retard that doesn't know what you're talking about. What you're benchmarking with vichan is nginx itself, serving from disk or a memory store.
Next serves at 320 requests/second on a quad core without the captcha, and without document caching.

I'd love to know how you think a response time graph that looked like I graphed X^2 can be generated with no heavily contended lock like from a database. Again, don't believe Josh's lies. "templating" does not do that nor does a properly configured data cache. I'd also love to know why you guys were so quick to believe him even when he was rapidly rotating through different excuses.

Templating does that when the captcha was dog shit. Feel free to benchmark it on your own with the captcha disabled and a db cache, but these are the facts. You can fuck off now, and stop pretending you know what you are talking about.

So he still hasn't benchmarked it himself or you'd just be showing me the data. How funny. Btw, the JSON API had no captcha and was just as slow. Lies.

Response times all have to do with load, and if captcha generation is making the server slow as fuck, probably because of bui spamming the endpoint or whatever happened, in addition to the quadratic tire fire, the json api will also have shitty response times.
There's a benchmark showing that next can easily handle 320 requests/second, without document caching, and without the captcha, with low response times.
Unfortunately it's somewhere in my folder and I don't care to look for it.
You're wrong, and you have no idea what you're talking about. The fact that you think vichan "scales better" when it scales fucking horribly, and the only reason your inflated siege benchmarks are fast is because of nginx itself serving static files.
You're pre-caching everything with vichan, having to either disable as much functionality as possible or throw as much hardware at the problem.

So, again, you do not know what you are talking about. I take it you're the loud-mouthed faggot in the IRC logs that didn't even know how to use siege. Stop embarassing yourself.

you haven't shown any either

If he keeps replying I'll dig into my folder for the one benchmark that was done.
It's clear there's nothing really wrong with Next though, other than being unfinished, primarily due to Jim's autism.
I wonder why he uses GPL when it has the same linking provision.

16chan is not very fun to use. It's slow as shit, its UI is hideous, the catalog still has no search, and it still doesn't have any useful settings. You can meme about under-the-hood shit that only autists will ever look at all you like, but at the end of the day the superior software is the one that's more pleasurable for the end user who doesn't need to care about all that shit. Lynx and Infinity Now still have an edge on Infinity Next in that regard.

I bet I already know the response you're going to use to dodge this point.

If you mean slow as in users, sure.
But the software isn't slow, not the PHP or the javascript.
Endchan is just as slow as 16chan, if not slower, in the context of posts. There's no benefit to using that piece of shit other than "muh josh."

Additionally, the UI is the same as any fucking imageboard with multiple images. You retards whined about the gutter, it got removed.
Now what do you bitch about? "lol i dunno, let's just call the UI hideous despite the fact that there's an Holla Forums theme." Face it, you're a fucking retard who whines about stylesheets.

wew

We would pretty much have to port a rebrand for the rest if Holla Forums to consider using it. saying that Holla Forums fixed it would be good enough for them after the fact.

any continuation? what is the previous episode?

I need these intl memes

Because then CodeMonkey couldn't keep building a resume.

The site is slow as fuck when it loads. I don't give a shit if that's a software issue or a server issue; it's a huge turn-off from the site.
But it's not lmao. I'm looking at /polin/ right the fuck now.

You know, Josh, when your next bullshit slashed our userbase, most of the people disenfranchised with Holla Forums just went back to halfchan. If all you care about is freedom, why don't you shill your site there instead of here?

i heard that 16chan runs on a single core VPS. apparently Holla Forums runs on multiple multicore machines? dunno what endchan runs on.

the UI has its differences, the only thing that really bothers me so far is wasting vertical space on the image filename and that "download" text, when it could easily be taking up horizontal space that is plentiful. UI isn't some irreversible thing though.

i'd question whether the people there even care about freedom or privacy, the place requires google captcha to post and the software is closed source. highly unlikely that Hiroyuki or the userbase would care about his software.

Yeah anyone that went back to cuckchan is pure fucking cancer to begin with. Good riddance if that is at all true.

Do explain how it's different, when it comes to threads.
You're a fucking retard who whines about stylesheets. You have always been a fucking retard that whines about stylesheets. You are so fucking incompetent that you bitch about CSS, yet haven't the faintest idea how to actually write CSS.
That's pretty incompetent, fam.

Also, how is it slow? It's percievably as fast as Holla Forums when it comes to response times, which is hilarious because one is dynamically templates and the other is served from a memory store, and accounting for the fact that it's hosted in fucking europe.

Yeah the only major differences in CSS are the next- themes with the drop down board list menu. I actually prefer that menu to what we have here, and even if others don't they can use burichan theme. Before codemonkey added the random boards thing all we had here was an empty bar because of hotwheels non-solution to people proxy spamming boards to get them into the top 25. The random boards thing is completely useless, I haven't gone to any boards that I didn't already know about. Recently active boards, the overboard, featured boards, recent posts, and recent images are a much more effective way to make people aware of smaller boards. On the infinity next beta and now 16chan I visit and post on any board that has discussion I can contribute to because it is so much easier to find and jump into active threads. On here I would have to choose one of these random boards, decide by the name of the board if I want to post there, click on the board, and scroll through the index or catalog to see if there is anything for me to discuss there.

k

Where'd you get that idea?

first hand experience when they tried to roll boards over. now kindly, fuck off josh

It didn't work because firetires captcha was literally sucking up all resources that would've been used to dynamically template pages.
I do hope you get your obvious mental illness treated asap. Remember, thanks to obongocare you can get treatment even if you're a worthless faggot NEET, like yourself.

was it the captchas? or the misconfigured varnish? or the db transfer that never worked?
it never worked.
fuck
off
josh

Yes, it was the captchas generating a lot of load.
Document caching was never even implemented, #1, which means Varnish hadn't come into the mix and you are a fucking retard that doesn't know what you are talking about.
#2, the database transfer worked fine, it turned out that Laravel didn't support pgsql too well for binary quering and the framework itself had to be forked and fixed. I'm not sure how that's Josh's fault, but the database migration did work once he fixed the framework. If anything it's 2channel's fault for changing the database choice mid development
lol m8 you seem upset, maybe you should fucking kill yourself since you are a retard from Holla Forums who doesn't know what they're talking about? It must be hard, to be fucking retarded and be a paranoid schizophrenic that sees a boogeyman everywhere. Freeing yourself with a bullet through your frontal lobe seems like the obvious answer.

352 posts later and it seems there is no solid technical argument against Infinity Next. i guess nothing is wrong with it other than the license being inconvenient for Jim.

sage goes in all fields

Yeah pretty much

No argument against it because no one made an actual argument against it. All they did was sperg out about Josh being evil for fucking pissing off Holla Forums.

I mean, hell, even MIT is inconvenient for them at the moment. They still haven't released more than 25% of the changes they've done to the code.
The image board dream is pretty much dead to me. I hope the cripple is happy with his choices.

I love 16chan.

Your life must be a constant struggle for your parents to maintain.

16chan is based

00110001 00110110 01100011 01101000 01100001 01101110

Wrong. There are faster languages.

Josh is very much against it.
Which takes us to your previous post about forking it. Honestly, that's all that should be discussed here.
Remake your thread, make it specifically about forking Infinity Next and then you might get shit done.
Holla Forums is too autistic to be able to focus on the practical solution if you don't. The thread is probably shitposting about other subjects now.

Nice lies