I wanted to read some classic sci-fi and I was recommended Harry Harrison. I decided to read "stainless steel rat"...

I wanted to read some classic sci-fi and I was recommended Harry Harrison. I decided to read "stainless steel rat". First book was alright but with every next book it became more and more SJW:

Anyway can you advice something to wash off this horrible taste with something good to read.

Other urls found in this thread:

csc.ucdavis.edu/~chaos/courses/ncaso/Readings/Lem_CAO_NY1984.html
uky.edu/~mwa229/Bootstraps.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Voyage_to_Arcturus.
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Arthur Clarkes space odyssey series

Asimov, Foundation series

Neuromancer

Please don't let the pozz in SSR turn you off Harry Harrison. The character of Slippery Jim was intended as a deconstruction and inversion of 'masculine hero' sci-fi, just as Elric was a deliberate deconstruction and inversion of Conan. The pozz in the series is an intentional stylistic choice, rather than being ideological. Harrison's damn fine Viking fantasy trilogy "The Hammer and The Cross" shows he can do non-progressive stuff.

That said, sci-fi has been largely shit since 2000 or so, thanks largely to SJW faggots at Tor Books. Castalia Books does decent military sci-fi and homages to classics like W.H.Hodgson's "The Night Land".

It really depends on what you want in your scifi.

Poul Anderson's "Flandry of Terra" series are a fun take on the space secret agent fighting to preserve a decaying space empire.
Greg Bear does good modern takes on Clarkean wonders of the universe stuff.
Olaf Stapledon and Cordwainer Smith are weird and epic in scope.
Leigh Brackett does good Buck Rogers-style planetary romance.

James Blish, Alfred Bester, and John Brunner can also be good.

PS: Fred Saberhagan, the Berserker series. It's like Issac Asimov's Robots stories, but the humans have to outwit genocidal space robots.

Even then didn't the pozz get heavily reversed later on? Especially once their sons got into the stories?

Robert A. Heinlen

You should read the 'death world' trilogy by harry Harrison, very amusing.

Canticle for Leibowitz, it's light on the scifi but definitely isn't pozzed.

The Camp of the Saints, it's not technically sci-fi, but it's probably the most red-pilled book that I have ever read.

Rendezvous with Rama was also excellent

This is one of my favorite books, though I would add the caveat that "cyberpunk" posits a dystopian world where people become alienated from race, nation, family and eventually their own humanity, it is the ultimate genre of the "rootless cosmopolitan". Also, I read the second in the series, "Count Zero", it was pretty mediocre, do you know if the third one is any better?

This.
Starship Troopers is also pretty based.

Read a couple of them. I recall the writer shilled Esperanto hard. Also it seems implied that his wife was once a violent criminal sociopath who was reeducated/mind raped by the government into being his waifu.

maybe that's why it's called fiction. learn to enjoy bullshit for what it is, or just read non-fiction.

>tfw 4/lit/ seems bustling compared to 8 >>>/lit/

My favorites:

Gene Wolfe (certain series)
R.A. Lafferty (highly recommended!!!)
Alfred Bester
Olaf Stapledon

has some jew stuff, but it's written by a Christian man, so no fear.

Heinlen's a bit hit-or-miss, Stranger in a Strange World is fun at first but dopey hippy stuff by the end.

Asimov's alright, bit dry. Clarke's alright, but a hippy too.

Most sci-fi is hippy shit, so be warned.

cyberpunk is too shit in the end

a lot of cyberpunk writers are just really poor, it's only the ideas and aesthetics that really last

neuromancer is cringey to read, a lot of these guys just aren't really good writers, and a major caveat of sci-fi is that a lot of the greats are mediocre writers

Oh yes, and Stanislav Lem is pretty good.

Solaris, The Cyberiad etc

Ironically, his attitudes are now as dated as the ones he mocked in 'The Gernsback Continuum'

Yeah, that may have been edgy back in 84' but badass ninja girl has since become a ubiquitous media meme.

Jules Verne is quite SF sometimes.

wtf I was literally just talking about this book with my dad since he used to read it and introduced it to me when I was a kid. We were talking about how it was how we were first introduced to (((Esperanto))) and I thought about re-reading the book to see if the main character is fundamentally a jewish character or more of a goy.

Dostoyevsky
Particularly Crime and Punishment
He kills an old jewess for being a jewess.
Best is Brothers Karamazov.

Gibson is full cuck now. Sad.

Another of the ilk.

Ask John Scalzi about the moose at the tingles.

Well, I'd consider Lem a second-tier author anyway.

Really you're going to find a bit of pozz everywhere in scifi. Half the time, the author is sticking in gimmicks just to differentiate their society from our traditional ways of living.

Dresden Files is a fun fantasy series. I read a few in one sitting. There is a Jew and a bit of female empowerment, but I wouldn't call it pozzed. Maybe a bit degenerate though.

every source says Lem is a roman catholic Pole, you fucking dipshits always shoot first and look like a dumbass. I always love when meming fucks put alfred rosenbergs name in parentheses

Houellebecq wrote a novel with scifi elements, if anyone is interested. It's uneven but worth the time, I think. It hits right in the feels.
The Possibility of an Island

_____

csc.ucdavis.edu/~chaos/courses/ncaso/Readings/Lem_CAO_NY1984.html

got an ebook of it?

I know it's not Scifi, but I've been reading Conan, and the race of hook-nosed greedy religious fanatics being called Shemites is amazing.

accidental quote

OK, you went from a good SSR book (first one) to some late-career stuff that's pretty poor. I think Harrison was senile or alcoholic or both for the later books.

Since you liked the first book, you'll probably like The Stainless Steel Rat's Revenge and The Stainless Steel Rat Saves the World. Those three are often combined into one book.

I think these books are healthy on a fundamental level, as they promote self-reliance, optimism, humor, and mental and physical fitness. There is a bit of poz in the "stronk woman" Angelina.

While the tech is dated, the archetype of the SSR is more relevant than ever as our society "progresses" towards an airtight box.

One late-career book that's good is a A Stainless Steel Rat Is Born. It's the "origin story".

"By His Bootstraps" By Heinlein.

Pdf here:
uky.edu/~mwa229/Bootstraps.pdf

The Stars My Destination by Alfred Bester
Dune by Frank Herbert (read up to God Emperor, God Emperor goes full Holla Forums)
Flow My Tears, The Policeman Said by Philip K Dick
Pattern Recognition by William Gibson (ignore that he's gone full cuck in recent years, this is a fascinating glimpse into media and marketing culture based on his own experiences in being hired to do the protagonist's job for real)

Same thing happened with Ender's Game. Just stop reading after the first book.

Make way! Coming through!

Houellebecq is ok.

Try Russian&Polish writers.

Is this good?

What do you think about this two books?

What's the woman you wanted about?

Metro is alright. Can't say about the newer one.

There is a lot of world building. So much so that as the book is nearing the end, Dmitry starts describing the life and history of some station they stop in for the "night" and it felt like he was dragging on.

I read that he also based it on the Fallout video game. Or at least had first started writing.

Can't say about the other book.

I think you read the wrong Harry Harrison book.

Try "Make Room! Make Room!"–it's very good, and it was the first time I realized the threat of overpopulation. Quite a nightmarish depiction of where we are clearly headed in just a few short years. The ending is particularly effective.

Yes, this was filmed (badly) as Soylent Green, but there's little resemblance between the film and the book.

Ray Bradbury is my eternal favorite. His short stories are unforgettable but his novels are great too. "The Martian Chronicles," "The October Country," "The Illustrated Man" are all ones I particularly enjoyed. My Dad's favorite was "Dandelion Wine" and we both loved "Something Wicked This Way Comes."

Clarke's "Rendezvous With Rama" was fascinating. Something I very much wish would happen but probably never will.

Ursula LeGuin wrote some good science fiction, as well as fantasy.

A little known science fiction novel I love is the incredibly weird "A Voyage To Arcturus." It's like an amazing drug trip, but I don't think the author even used drugs. David Lindsay was his name; I think he died young hence this was his only published work.

Here's the wiki on A Voyage To Arcturus: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Voyage_to_Arcturus.

It was written in 1920 but doesn't read like it at all. When I first read it I assumed it was written in the 1960s-70s. The language is timeless, even crude and simplistic in places, kind of brutal even. The imagery is freaky as fuck and really sticks with you. I even had dreams about it years later.

Try Edmund Cooper, the guy was ever so fantastically shitlordy.

Heinlein's "Starship Troopers" is a mandatory sci-fi for all Holla Forumsacks.
Dune is a must as well, it does a good job at analyzing self-created myths and prophecies as well as the ideas of "choseness"
Asimov is a good read but his is mostly a retelling of the fall of Rome. His robot stories are more interesting.
Haldeman's "Forever War" is a rather stark but telling contrast to "Starship Troopers" and is worth a look at for broader perspective.
Huxley and Orwell are a must reads for Holla Forumsacks as well. I myself could not get past first half of Huxley though, I found it quite tough and off-putting.

Is The Woman you Wanted, good?

Is The Man in The High Castle, good or it's just a shitshow like the tv series?

The TV series likely exists to keep the goy from reading the novel.

As a PKD aficionado, it's good. Very good.

This one how is it? It's on my reading list abandoned.

It has the same characters as the tv series? It has jews in it?

no idea, i just like the covers

Flow My Tears is just really really good and has a load of ideas Holla Forums would love (i.e. students forced to live in the sewers where they belong).

The book of Man in the High Castle features several Jewish characters, but it's such a smart alternate universe it's worth just reading it anyway.

I've already read the Conan books and loved them. Is there anything like it with a masculine hero that just absolutely fucks everybody's shit up and does whatever he wants?

You fucking cunt!

Sounds good.

Yeah. I'll have to read first FMT and countless others before this.

The Wanting Seed, Burgess writes about a homosexual society where the cis gendered heterosexuals are persecuted.

who the fuck makes this covers?

The Sirens of Titan

They are just generic book covers in the style of the 50 to 80s.

bump

Robert A Heinlein is 100% red pilled.

It's funny.
I hear people say it's pro feminism because it depicts the bene gesserit as almost super human yet it's always a male surpassing everyone.
Paul, Leto II, Miles Teg
too bad we never got the last book to find out what happens to jews in space

Lovecraft is Part Sci-Fi Part Fantasy and Part Horror.

When, long ago, the gods created Earth
In Jove's fair image Man was shaped at birth.
The beasts for lesser parts were next designed;
Yet were they too remote from humankind.
To fill the gap, and join the rest to Man,
Th'Olympian host conceiv'd a clever plan.
A beast they wrought, in semi-human figure,
Filled it with vice, and called the thing a Nigger.

Nah it's bad. He should have moved on after Neuromancer. Burning Chrome is good, a collection of short stories he wrote which have almost the same aesthetic as Neuromancer just in short story form. Johnny Mnemonic is a favorite.

Until he went crazy and started promoting every kind of degeneracy under the sun, culminating in To Sail Beyond The Sunset

Footfall, the mote in God's eye, Lucifer's hammer.

Because I find their aliens so fun - to hate.