Torrent client

What torrent client do you use?
I've been using Deluge for a while but lately it's becoming shitty.

I tried transmission and it seems okay.

I used uTorrent a long long time ago (before it was shit)
I think I'm going to give some others a try.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues
github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/5493
github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/5488
github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/5486
github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/5477
github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/5470
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

rtorrent
You'll suffer one day. Look at the Qbittorrent and Deluge trackers: you get the bugs of the client, the bugs of libtorrent AND the bugs of boost since libtorrent uses it.

I use Transmission, I tried it once, like its small interface and then I just stuck with it because it was doing its job.

Good for you, it at least is still updated and doesn't use libtorrent. Too bad transmission-remote-cli is basically dead.

I recently switched from Deluge to qBittorrent because the former had lots of bugs. Is it the latter bad? How so?

I recently switched to Transmission from rtorrent. I have it set to run at startup as a daemon and monitor my downloads folder for torrents. It's pretty nice overall. I kinda liked rtorrent better in some ways, but I'm sticking with transmission.

Is there anything it needs that it doesn't have? I haven't noticed any bugs with it

github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues
Just looking at that page:
github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/5493
github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/5488
github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/5486
github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/5477
A lot of crash bug reports.
github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/5470
Torrents vanishing magically.

Basically, I can only recommend transmission, rtorrent or ktorrent at this moment. Give Qbit a few years and maybe it'll be better.

Doesn't plan on switching to python 3. Except that, works pretty well. The only thing lacking in rtorrent is filter by name, in my opinion.

That kinda sucks, but I guess there isn't much reason to fix what isn't broken.

there's your problem

heheh

I use Jewtorrent 1.8 because too lazy to switch

Well meme'd

What makes you think these crash are Windows only?

They used a joke script language to do more than a script. Their problem.

What makes you think that three windows 10 crashes make an argument?

1) These are three crashes of qbittorrent on Windows 10.
2) This one page of more than 1500 fucking issues.

Number of issues for qBittorrent simply means it's actively used (partially because of switchers from uTorrent). Repository activity shows that it is also actively developed. From my experience, some of those developments can be buggy, though, so don't rush to update from a working version.

Let's forget the issues. Qbittorrent is retarded enough to use Qt for more than the QUI. Meaning that qbittorrent-nox still depends on Qt.

That's really retarded.

Well, for their defense, it's already retarded for Qt to do more than GUI stuff.

qbittorrent because portable apps and work

Yeah, totally gonna work.

qBittorent wasn't intended to be small daemon torrent client from the start.

I use ktorrent. it has the option to stop seeding once the download is finished.

another vote for transmission here.

i've used rtorrent but it was annoying to set up and configure correctly, and i don't torrent enough that its supposed speed benefits actually help me. transmission is clean, simple, does a great job with torrents. i haven't used transmission-remote-cli but have been moving more to living on cli so if you value that it could be a dealbreaker for you if it's truly dead as per

if i was running a seedbox i would consider using rtorrent. even then i might still use transmission. for regular joe schmo doing torrents transmission works great.

Crashes for me on OSX too. Never had any issues on any Linux systems though, would recommend qbittorrent to all

I've never had any issues on my windows 7 installation.

On my Debian box I use rtorrent

This is the only thing I miss about rtorrent with transmission. With rtorrent I could set it to automatically remove completed torrents from the list.

It still works well. All it really needs to do is be a terminal gui, which it does well in my experience with it

Kazaa 2.0 master race

qbitorrent

There is a windows version if you're a fag.

Azureus can do everyting, and with plugins it can do everything².

ITT casuals

utorrent 2.2.1