Tell me about The Mask!

Tell me about The Mask!
Why does he wear the mask?

'Cause dat nigga ugly as shit

He's a green guy.

If he takes off the mask, will he die?

The Mask is an escape from his deary existence, much like what we do here.

It will be extremely hard to answer
how does one define death?
If The Mask has different personality than the man wearing it, different goals and ideas, that means he ceases to exist - to a degree - when the mask is taken off
That would mean that yes, indeed he dies as he takes of the mask

Death is the only true escape.

Because he's Wholesome and kind
State of refine

Totally out of his mind

Was being wacky part of your master plan?

Just to be reinCARnated again.

Does this mean arch-villains and ne'er-do-wells had better learn to decorate prison cells?

All masks are real nigga

Eyup, and in case they ask. Green goes with everything.

I hate this stupid catchy song so fucking much

Because nobody cared who he was til he put on The Mask

This was such a great show! This was Rob Paulson's best work IMO.

By the standards of the animated series, The Mask is very much based on the wearer's personality, without any limits as to what they can do or get away with; partly because it's such an unrecognisable guise compared to their usual self.

The cartoon even has a sidelong reference to the comics; an ancient fairy that used to love horribly killing people with the Mask finds the Stanley Ipkiss is different from the other masks; a cartoon hero content with harmless and helpful shenanigans (and The Mask is certainly not short of means to deal with evildoers and annoyances without causing lasting harm) rather than someone taking out their issues on the world. Stan's wild side finds a healthy outlet, the Mask is in the hands of someone who can be trusted to be responsible with it and even set a better example, and the fairy is forced to go to school.

4U

He's GREEN WITH IT

his name was robert paulson

so which was the best?
comics/animated series/movie?

YOU'RE GREEN WITH IT