King Neptune was a worse villain than Plankton but he got off 100% scot-free at the end of the movie

King Neptune was a worse villain than Plankton but he got off 100% scot-free at the end of the movie.

The worst thing about him is how they didn't reuse the one from Neptune's Spatula

because that version of him wasn't bald, meaning theyd have to rewrite the whole plot for it to make sense. It was easier to just retcon him into a fat, middle aged man.

the fuck are you going to do to the god-king of the seas?

THINNING

Fun fact: post movie eps use the version voiced by the guy from Frasier

Why did they use a whack version for the movie, but then went back to the John O'hurley version in the more recent episodes?

They wanted an excuse to cast Jeffrey Tambor in this self-contained would be sendoff

because the movie's not canon

It's more like the movie was written as a finale, and then they just ignored it after the show was renewed

Who's idea was it to add Triton and boot Mindy?

It could've been explained away with a joke about him wearing a wig, the story could've proceeded normally after that.

Past movie Spongebob. Nuff said. It's shit.

Again, the movie had one-off celebrity voices

T H I N N I N G

And where does this Neptune fit in?

live-action

I want to fuck Mindy.

Wrong

The real answer is all the events that happened in episodes after the movie precede the movie in canon. The movie is supposed to be the last episode, to this day.
Considering the feel of the movie, I think it's safe to say something along the lines of Triton being movie Neptune, changing his name because that's what you had to do to be king.

Mindy is probably his daughter

We all do, user.

It could have been a wig the whole time

yeah…no

Yeah, Hillenburg confirmed the movie is always chronologically last no matter how long the show runs.

Reminder that literally any episode made after the movie where Plankton tries to steal the formula is pointless since we all know he never obtains it until the movie.

He really wasn't that much younger than the movie version

But that's what I was essentially saying here and here . The movie was intended to be a definitive sendoff, but then the show got popular again and continued on. is pretty much just an excuse for Nick's apathy.

fish pussy