Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/v8oQI
2hu-ch.org/overchan.random-0.html
7xnxdzyzegpsqus4.onion/nodes.html
github.com/majestrate/nntpchan/blob/master/doc/building-debian8.5.md
oniichanylo2tsi4.onion/livechan/#live
2hu-ch.org/overchan.tech-0.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Can you please tell us more about the thing that you made?

Looks awful on Android + Chrome.

that's what happens when you appeal to autism

Your faggy vernacular belongs in Tumblr. Also, JShit isn't welcome around these parts.

upboat

Pretty cool thing OP.

Can't get past captcha even with JS on
FIX FIX FIX FIX FIX

Checked.

Maybe you should've hired a competent designer, like Josh.

nigger

Hovering over an image is really glitchy, at least if the image is on the bottom of the page, you can't see the whole thing, tho, you can still look by clicking on it.

Fuck off shill.

Shit taste in music too. Kill your self.

upboat

where's the hebe board?

all i see is an empty website. can we make it illegal to link to sites that require javascript?
if it's a news site at least we can use archive.is but for community sites this is just retarded.

Hi satan.

Quite some improvement.
you moved a box.

nice "my internetti saitti", faggot

SOLVE THE CAPTCHA
SOLVE

archive.is/v8oQI

I mean you do get why you'd need javascript for a real-time ui like that or are you really just this illiterate?
you can always use the regular part of the chan too 2hu-ch.org/overchan.random-0.html

this thread bemuses me, how can a Holla Forums board be so retarded?

You need javascript for live updates, but it would be reasonable to show the most recent messages at the time of the request, with a message asking you to enable javascript.

idk i think it's a markov bot sourced from reddit comments

It's a decentralized, distributed image board. No one system operator has control on the propagation of the posts. It's a novel idea for an image board that addresses all the administrative, infrastructural, and political concerns that the "great image boards" have faced. Moderation is based on a trust system that each system operator can choose to accept or ignore. It's also a "darknet first" system (that doesn't require js btw -- the people here have no place commenting on a tech board).

Livechan is an extension on top that allows clearnet users to post in a live format.

reddit
are you from reddit?

It goes to show how little you know about nntpchan if you think he is shilling "[his] site". There are 6-7 known nntpchan nodes. None of the site operators really get to take ownership over the sites. They are simply providing an endpoint/frontend for users to access the overchan network.

christ

this shit site doesn't even let you upload pics over tor

How about a non dynamic version, then. Fucking 1/10 bait.

dropped! :D

Please don't.

check the 3 or 4 .onion tld domains.

7xnxdzyzegpsqus4.onion/nodes.html

your life needs to end

I think it's really good, OP!

Most of the smart people left. What you see is what is left, a couple replies from the few remaining people with enough brain cells to rub together to form a coherent thought, the rest a bunch of drooling retards.

NNTPChan, for those who don't know, is a decentralized, distributed news sharing system. It repurposes concepts from Usenet into an image board.

- NNTPChan is the only image board software that has full multi-threading support.
- NNTPChan has the least dependencies of all multi-board, software.
- NNTPChan intelligently implements existing standards. The Network News Transfer Protocol is a tried and true method of decentrallizing and sharing text and files.

NNTPChan relies on peering between many self-managed nodes running SRNDv2, which is the underlying system that negotiates transfer of news articles (posts) and moderation.

The infrastructural, political, and administrative issues of the archaic, monolithic image boards have been resolved under NNTPChan's distributed methodology.

Moderation trust is shared on a per-node basis, each sys admin of each node can choose whether to trust a moderator signature or not. That means no one can be silenced by one person's agenda.

Nodes can choose which boards they subscribe to. If a particular node doesn't want posts from a certain board (maybe a specific node has a disagreement from mainstream political beliefs of a certain board), they can specify that board as "blocked". Another node may choose to accept all boards and all posts. The possibilities are endless.

The point is -- if you have a problem with the way someone is running a node, you can go elsewhere and STILL get posts on that topic! NNTPChan makes fragmentation of communities difficult. The freedom is still there to add useful features that may make the front end a more friendly experience. The negotiation and transfer of posts is standardized.

The greatest part about NNTPChan is that it's easy to get started. A guide for Debian 8.5 Jesse is provided here: github.com/majestrate/nntpchan/blob/master/doc/building-debian8.5.md

The lead developer and maintainer of the platform is really helpful and quick to respond to inquiries. He makes bug fixes as soon as he knows about them. There were two bugs found in the software a few weeks ago, and there were hot fixes posted within an hour.

Help is wanted. The more time people contribute to this, the better things can get.

It's interesting but I'm very cynical about the decentralization meme.

Twitter is a lot more popular than Usenet.

Twitter is also run by censorious SJWs, and has rules against "hate speech" which basically means anything SJWs find offensive. Just because something is more popular doesn't mean it is better.

and yet that doesn't stop people from using it.

Because they are fucking sheep that would allow themselves to be led to slaughter as long as they are allowed to continue posting 140 character sentences with tons of emojis and hashtags to all their friends every day. For people that aren't total sheep, it is completely unacceptable. Just because everyone else does it doesn't mean you have to.

I'm pulled in by their gravity whether I like it or not. That's how social media works.

this isn't trying to solve the twitter problem, this is trying to solve the 4chan problem

why is the interface so awful

All the same issues apply.

Anyone can make their own frontend.

because i spent the past year working on making the backend fast af
livechan mode works on onion for some reason i was running nginx 1.2 lel
oniichanylo2tsi4.onion/livechan/#live

which issues? not the issues of censorship, ownership, hosting, bandwidth, etc.

I was under the impression it's a chan. Like this site we're on now. That doesn't require JS. 4 letters saying "live" weren't enough for me to conclude that I need JS to view the page.

fuck you

Please tell us, oh wise one, how you'd implement this without javascript and in a web browser?

You obviously can't, Holla Forums as a whole basically just doesn't want to see useful web software developed.

Obviously the only correct way to implement this is to force the user to refresh constantly so that new replies show up that way.

What ever happened to failing gracefully mr full house of dubs?
Only use Js to extend features and still let our text browser friends have a working site?

It's a fucking javascript live chat like IRC. You either have javascript enabled or it doesn't do anything. There is nothing to show you if you don't have javascript because javascript is required to make this thing functional in any way. Why are you autists so fucking stupid?

Nobody cares about your bullshit excuses for having a worse site than 16chan :^)

its like irc but a chan xd

you can just use meta refresh or some shit to make your shit update without JS, with newest posts at the top. posts in an iframe so you can enter content in the textbox at the top without it getting shat on by refreshing

The entirety of the site works with 0 JavaScript. Try it.

nice bait

maximum autism

it's tech discussion on a taiwanese tapestry talksite. the gnutards here have their heads stuck up their own ass just as much as the faggots on hackernews.

good, more normies will stay away from it

So you never lived through the ages of ? How young are you?

Hammering the server with templating requests is probably the stupidest solution instead of using javascript and websockets, or server sent events in the case of simple subscription, which will send clients information in response to events instead of querying and templating the page for every user.

Most of the replies in this thread are from retarded autists who sperg out whenever they have to whitelist a single domain. Who gives a shit, the javascript isn't going to hurt you. Even browsing the web with wget can lead to code execution, let alone a full blown web browser where nation states certainly have expensive renderer exploits.

2hu-ch.org/overchan.tech-0.html
prove me wrong

that session cookie is the nsa trackin you bro
be careful bro