Questionable Malcontent - Time Dilemma Edition

AKA the I Hope I'm Doing This Right Edition

Edits: imgur.com/a/Sf5J0
Omits: imgur.com/a/HtKr0
Twitter Bully: imgur.com/a/Jb1a1
OC: imgur.com/a/kSZcE

I don't know if it's one person that usually makes the threads but the previous thread is pruned and I made this header so yeah

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/aSIF0
mixtape.moe/
my.mixtape.moe/wikgtk.jpg
my.mixtape.moe/qwxiwp.png
gitgud.io/groups/InfinityMalcontent
gitgud.io/InfinityMalcontent/QMC_OC/blob/master/bill vs roleplaying.png
schlockmercenary.com
gobolatula.com/ithurts
villagevoice.com/news/this-queens-couples-satirical-fatherhood-magazine-celebrates-a-very-particular-kind-of-dad-7593180
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You did good. I was waiting for "that guy" as well, but I'll be more proactive in the future.

Awesome. I'm kicking myself for not saving the OC from the previous thread though. There was a pretty fun idea about trying to get some of the edits onto Stabby's server…

Excellent save, well done.

That would be me, the 11th hour creator, but my thoughts were somewhere in between not thinking the header posted was the final version and thinking the artist would be the thread creator. Last two times I did it someone dumped suggestions and I just picked the one I liked or the one I was pretty sure was never used.

Here's an archive up to July 1: archive.is/aSIF0

I was gonna pretty up the title text but I ran out of time (heh) and wasn't sure how. I vaguely remember some sort of outline around the Impact text that made it look all neat and embLossed or something.

Waiting for goblin

Indeed. It has been too long

Now its a party.

Now I guess we wait for the next abortion.

Jeph's best retweet.

What do you tell a woman with two black eyes?

Nothing, you already told her twice.

So is she part nig or what, those are some fat lips and the nose is too

Fuckin kek

Here's your shipment, Mr. Goblin.

Zen is important when disciplining bitches. One must maintain the proper mentality for slappin a ho in order to deliver the greatest results. Too much anger, and she might die from your strikes. Too little, and she won't fear you sufficiently.

As the wise ones say, pimpin' ain't easy.

Very subtle.

Also you made a Jeph-esque mistake with the graffiti A overlapping Faye's shoulder in the first panel.

oh jesus. well, that's as good an excuse as any to tweak some of the text that didn't quite get hit with the burn tool.

Anyone got those pics of Jeph being a bully?

You cheeky fucker.

>comic will still update 3 times a week (down from its usual 5)

SSSS has been brought up before in these threads as an interesting comparison to QC. Same update schedule, yet the art is infinitely better and the artist still manages to maintain a solid buffer despite the complexity of the art in comparison to QC.

Like he has time for that, he's supposed to be preparing filet of fingers a la vodka for his girlfriend's son.

For real though, how much of a pussy is he? Drawing shit would be right at the top of things I wanna do while sick, next to sleeping and watching animu.

Keep it the good work user.

The controlling and manipulative "friend" returns.

"If I stayed at the hotel I could still be asleep"

You know what? Brun is my favorite character. She has no ulterior motives. She's not a snarky bitch to those who don't deserve it. She has simple wants and desires that the average man can relate to. Sure, she might be on the spectrum, but fuck it that just makes her more endearing when compared to the rest of the assholes and chucklefucks in this shit comic.

More lewds of her when?

Haven't been keeping up; isn't this a mere two nights after IPP lost everything? I think the girl's entitled to a bit of sleeping in.

That's completely disregarding the fact that her "friend" is treating her like a child.

Jesus, Renee really is trying her level best to be more unlikable than Faye and Dora.

Hold on, is that how the bottle used to look? I just looked at yesterday's comic on the live site and wondered why it looked like someone cheaply filled in the bottle in ms paint. Why would he do that? Did Menstro turn whiskey into wine?

No, it didn't look like that. Even the shape of the bottle and the size of the label seem different.

That first panel was extremely confusing until I realised it was a failed attempt by Jeph to draw something with depth.

Who says "welp" in real life?

And fayes hips seem to be getting even wider than ever before.
By this point I'd expect her to have at *least* one extra chin.

Lack of practice does that. You are suddenly aware you havent been practicing and your art will turn into a Jacques

You would be surprised.

I do, tbh famalam. But I also say "tbh famalam" in real life, so maybe I'm just cancerous in general.

you mean the pyromaniac eldrich horror?

if this were written and drawn by somebody competent, I would assume Menstro had found another liquor bottle stashed away, revealing that Faye's alcoholism isn't being managed as well as she claims.

but somebody competent probably would have shown the discovery, rather than an autistic robot looking out a window. or, the last two panels would be the same, and there would be some suspense regarding what Menstro was going to do. should she drop the bottle onto the concrete below? put it back where she found it? wait for Faye to come back and try to stage a one-bot intervention?

of course when you're Jeph, you don't have to ask the hard questions because that hand isn't going to stab itself.

My parents would do this to me when I used to live with them. Wake me up a few hours before my alarm was supposed to go off so that I never felt quite rested, present me with an itinerary when I already had plans for the day, and talk down to me sarcastically like I was 8 instead of 20.

It wasn't until I moved out that I realized that these are dependency inducing mental abuse tactics. I had come very close to giving up my job that they didn't like in order to stay home and do things with them full time, and I am eternally grateful to my best friend/roommate for helping me move out.

Yeah.

If it was like, two weeks of nothing but her loafing around your house I'd get it. But expecting someone to jump out of bed like two days after a tragedy is ridiculous.

It's increasingly clear that she just wants to "fix" Brun and have her to herself. Basically all her lines are abuse 101.

"You can't trust this man who was helping you. He's clearly evil and only *I* can help you!"

"You can't decide how to live. You need to live the way *I* do!"

"You can't set your own schedule. You're irresponsible and only *I* can decide your day to day activities."

Brun was a bartender. Her schedule consists of people getting in at after five when work is done and then leaving at like 2am hammered. Factor in clean up and maintenance time and it's perfectly reasonable for her to finish her stuff at 3 or 4 and then have time to follow her hobbies and getting up at 2pm is a reasonable thing for her.

I mean shit, out of those three things the only one that's even vaguely time sensitive is unemployment and the rest can be done basically any time in the day. There's no point in waking her up early except as control tactics.

Horrible horrible people who spend too much time on the internet

I don't get why every relationship, even the platonic ones, in this comic boils down to a masculine character enabling a feminine nutcase

The truly hilarious part about what we've seen of Renee and IPP's friendship is that, were Renee a male character, Jeph's faggot fanbase would be screaming their heads off about how abusive he is.

Pure coincidence.

It's pretty common south of the Mason/Dixon line, which is where Faye's from. I doubt Jeph knows that though. This is a broken clock being right one of his two allotted times per day.

Explanation.

I'm loving these subtle edits.

A non-asshole thread would have just left all that stuff on the nightstand or something. Renee is the type of person who rearranges your workspace without asking and becomes incensed when instead of thanking her you complain about not being able to find anything.

How time flies, Haven't read this since 2007 or so.

Is marten still a spineless faggot?

Oh my, yes. Marten holked up with a tranny and the tranny's brother Clinton looks to be the new male lead part now.

Oh wow, how could I make a mistake like that. It's "friend".

When your only friends are a bunch of strangers on a Russian basket weaving board, it's easy to get them confused.

Ever notice how there's never any trash or graffitti in city shots? Hell, there's not even an wear on the buildings.

Northampton is actually pretty clean IRL, the more decrepit buildings are around the outskirts of the town and it's full of faggot liberals, so their one virtue is they're self-cleaning.

So, vaginas, basically.

Or Jeph's hands.

It still doesn't make any sense. Is it supposed to be a different bottle from the strip before? Because it obviously is, but I don't know if that was intentional. Why is it open but still full? Is that supposed to imply that Faye didn't drink it? Because that's not the bottle she was about to drink in the last strip. Does Jeph really think that jittery paint bucket job is an acceptable recoloring? Why is Bubbles so much more purple than she normally is?

Maybe "clear" is the color of the liquid? It's purple because of the armor behind it.

The whiskey was deep brown earlier.

And it was being held by a shithead.

Fucking Cheesy Lasagna won't leave me the fuck alone.
Nice touch.

Holy fucking shit, I gotta move out from my parents.
I was already planning to soon, but holy shit, I gotta get going.

Still waiting.

Christ, it really is just black Faye.

Is IPP our editverse venom martin given flesh?
It seems like trannyboy's brother is going to take trannyboy's place in the story and brun will be the actual new martin. With how things are going this is just how I'm looking at it.
Also unrelated but kinda related to our eldrich horrour hour of horror I had some weird sex dream shit. My mother was a tranny and I almost put it in until I saw the peepee. And then there was this thing that I can only describe as a beast with long ganggly arms, thick thighs, long as fuck legs, and a verticle mouth over its face and groin, with two eyes I think. Its head was kinda thick and eggshaped and big in relation to the torso. It was just unsetteling.

Dream you has some strange priorities fam.

All of the edits seem old. Isn't anyone updating it?

Ideally someone would be, but I don't know who owns the imgur account so it's not like I know where to complain to. I remember these were posted as embedded archives, but there was some issue with the archives getting mangled after being posted.

Holla Forums might be cleaning up image files now. There was an incident on Holla Forums where the GPS EXIF data of a photo suddenly disappeared and the file shrank to half its size.

You could host the archives on a site like mixtape.moe/ or you could post them on a file board, where zip and a lot of other filetypes are allowed. I can't think of any file boards at the moment, but Holla Forums supports it.

Good to know. The inconceivable content archive is straight up ruined, since I saved it after the cleanup stuff started happening. Here's the first one, make it a rar file and it'll open with 7zip. my.mixtape.moe/wikgtk.jpg
Whoever made the inconceivable content should upload it again as well since I think it actually had edits in it.

Has anyone here been to a con that Jeph has been at? He honestly just sits at his table the whole time looking like he wants to die.

The con I saw him at, he was sitting 10 feet from Kate Leth, so maybe she was just sucking his soul out

I made the inconceivable content png. It didn't have edits in it.

I've attached it as a test, but here's the original:
my.mixtape.moe/qwxiwp.png

Alternatively, you can rename it to a PDF and upload it that way.

I remember that thread now.
Anyway, the attached picture was broken but the mixtape.moe upload worked.

I downloaded it right after I posted it, and it was working then.

I'll try asking Ron about it.

Wouldn't it be fun if she killed him by sucking out his putrid soul, only to be struck dead by the sheer apathy contained within?

We would loose our lolcows, but I think the world would be a better place.

The imgur account is owned by editfag the first. He was the one updating it, and he never passed the account on to anybody else because of his sudden departure, so yeah. Not gonna get updated anytime soon.

Should I set up a git repository or something? That way it's not like there's a single person we'd rely on to keep it updated.

I'm impressed by your dedication to background gags.

You still have a single person owning the repository. If multiple people get commit access it's fine, otherwise your bus factor is still 1.

gitgud.io/groups/InfinityMalcontent
Made the group, gave it projects, filling it with the stuff from imgur now. If anyone else wants to get involved in maintaining this, post your gitgud username so I can add you to the group.

Shit is that Doom hell out the window?

Wait a sec, look at panel 3. Look how wide Black Faye's hips are…this is a new high point (wide point?) in Jeph's apparent love of fat asses and child-birthing hips. Also dat massive rack in the final panel.

There is so much repressed sexuality in Jeph's drawings. He's a gay metrosexual faggot on the outside, but inside is an actual man's man yearning to be free, to ravage pussy far and wide, spreading his seed to fine curvy women everywhere.

This armchair psychology thing that liberals do is fun, I should try it more often.

I think she's supposed to be sitting on the arm of the couch, user

I prefer to think she turned into a hottentot.

I like his version better. It's hilarious. Besides, we all know she couldn't sit on the couch arm without destroying it.

do with this what you will

Shoo shoo you spamming faggot.
Again, if anyone wants to help maintain the edit repository, make a gitgud account and post the username so I can add you.

How does the bottle stand?

Great. But did you put this in by mistake?
gitgud.io/InfinityMalcontent/QMC_OC/blob/master/bill vs roleplaying.png

no that was 3 or 4 threads ago
during the
TWO FREAKIN DAYS

How is it related?

its oc made in the QM thread?

Ah, alright. I thought there might be more of a QC link I was missing.

Man you think he could have shared the password with somebody before he blew his brains out

I'd like to think the last thing that went through his head, other than that bullet, was, "why the hell didn't I give anons the password?"

Hoping he didn't actually an hero. If you want to prevent it from happening again, post gitgud usernames so we can get anons in here to help maintain the git repo.

Nah, Editfag's just a middle aged sperg who knows himself. He's probably incapable of being casually invested. It's either 110% or dead to him with everything he does.

He also took really hard the failure of that weird thread he did. I think even he realized it and figured that it wasn't healthy to let such a minor thing reach him emotionally. So ejection switch it was.

Can I inquire more about this weird thread? I don't think I was here during that.

What weird thread?

The one where he posted a thread in character as Clinton, to meme him out of the comic. It was a fun idea but it just kinda seemed weird (and I think it probably annoyed purityfag since it was basically a second QC general). I didn't save any of it unfortunately.

Now I remember that thread. That was actually a fun thread until it started getting fucked midway through.

The thread attracted Lex (purityfag) and some people who probably didn't care about the first thread but felt that QC had left escaped containment, onto a SU or MLP trajectory.

Embodiment of professionalism. Jesus Christ, Crashplan's "business" service is $10/month. How cheap can you be?

Pick one.

Jeph's doing the Twitter Bully mating call.

Yes, Jeph, please dedicate yourself to the woke movement. I can't wait to see how you wiggle your way out of paying reparations to these people.

It's called "walking away from Twitter," Jeph. You should try it some time.

Wouldn't be a Twitter dump without something from this guy.

Okay, I found this amusing.

stab the pain away.
stab the pain away.
stab the pain away.
stab the pain away.

Nobody noticed this is strip 2620.

By the grace of Kek, the ghost of editfag and these dubs may Jeph get his wish and lose his sight by the end of the year

Well son of a bitch it is.

This one escaped posting. Looking forward to this movie tanking.

Twitter Bully should consider a career on the forums.

we can only hope, and checked

Is Jeph still in his meeting with ISIS in France?

So time in Renee's realm is warped. This strip takes place at the same time Marten was at the party with Jeph's failed self insert.

So fucking sensitive, holy shit.

Hang on a second. When did Jerp Jackoff decide that his Twitter feed would become a pandering, quivering mess of SJW kiss-assery anyway?

Was it around the time they started influencing his storylines with the generous application of PatreonBux, or did it devolve way earlier than that?

New cuck comic.

I'd love to know how all Jeff's female "characters" seem to break the laws of conservation of mass.
They manage to remain obese despite never being shown to consume excessive amounts and at least making attempts at exercise.

But then, a beta bitch like him probably believes all that "muh hormones!" bullshit.

It's happening again, Jeph's stealing our ideas

Parts of rennee that stick out farther than her tits:

A White line illustrates the thigh thing better.

Is but a coincidence.

god damn it jeph I can't disagree, it is a good ringtone. and indeed, it is like fuck.

Strike 5.

A clock in pieces at the dump can still be used as a crude sundial and has a chance of being right on occasion.

Hell, her fucking crotch goes out further than her tits.

now hold the fuck up

Is the phat ass just part of an elaborate thigh prosthetic that >she is wearing to hide the bulge?

He flipped it to clue us in obviously
>it's probably just going to be that brun was a guy who wanted boobs and became cynical after that and r'nee was a girl who wanted a penis and became absorbed by testosterone

There is a moment of sheer panic when I realize that Renee's speech bubbles were those of a normal human being.

Were.

It must have taken a little while for her essence to seep into this reality enough to manifest on the comic panels.

could be a side-effect of the Walkymancers displacing the material that makes up The Veil in order to retrieve Mary and replace her with (Typhoid?) Copy Mary.

What were strikes 1 through 4, again? I've been combing the comic archives and the brain damage has left me with the memory of a goldfish.

Not that user, but here's some of the other shit Renee has done, off the top of my head
And the of course the other stuff user mentioned. Keep in mind IPP has only been crashing at Renee's for like two days tops and Renee can't wait to kick out her alleged "best friend".
Shit, Marten and Faye have a more amicable roommate relationship and that one is wholly based on Faye walking all over him.

Someone completely out of the loop asks you what Questionable Content is. How do you best summarize it in a few short sentences even a normalfag can understand?

"Indeed, it is like fuck."

"It's a shitty excuse of a comic by a shitty excuse for an artist."

"Far enough to be the future, not enough to be interesting: The Sitcom"
Literally a slice of lifeon a growing cast of characters that, to the artist's credit, at least sometimes changes their clothes and hairdo's.

Oh gods, you're reminding me of this motherfucking arc. Jesus H Christ, what a torture that was.

Come on and stab!
Jeph Jax you fucking Hack!

Would be an interesting exploratory mission but Jeph has almost 70k tweets and the site isn't built at all for reading beyond the first page or two of the infinite AJAX scroll. Someone would need to trigger a dump with the API or something.

So Renee deamds instant satisfaction on her action items and then complains about the prerequisites not being met when immediate action is taken. 50% of the QC forum posters think this is out of the goodness of her heart and not that she's being a manipulative cunt with impossible standards.

Please, please, please don't meme Jeph into a successful David Gilmour cover guitarist with a second successful Patreon to crank out inferior versions of prog rock classics. I can just see it now. Rolling Stone grants Jeph Jacques artist of the year and compares him to Arnel Pineda, the guy who impersonates Steve Perry in Journey.

Changing the alarm clock is a huge red flag. Even though Renee came clean about it quickly, this is gaslighting-type behavior and an underhanded display of force/dominance. A less passive aggressive friend would have woken her up directly.

That arc was at least partially redeemed.

I've mentioned it before in these threads, but I'm very keen on seeing if they'd have the same opinion if Renee was a guy.

How is it physically possible to be so lacking in self awareness? Everyone in the world knows about that portable cintique he brags about. There's nothing at all stopping him from taking that travel friendly model with him and at least doing the bare minimum to earn his paycheck..

You know it reminds me of how hastily aborted Martins last two relationships were.

He fucked a smelly hippy chick with emotional problems and got the fuck out of there like a sane man. But Jeph clearly wanted him to come in and "fix" her, because she apparently REALLY wanted him despite treating him like shit.

Before that he fucked the indian girl. Who was like Dora, but had a reasonable number of employees at her shop and actually ran her business reasonably before needing to move to take care of her aging mother, because family came first. Obviously this makes her a far far better person than the main cast but the only relic of her existence is Renee, a character who had basically zero lines in that arc and is now unpleasant enough for two shitty Jeph characters.

I'm just thinking about how ridiculously, RIDICULOUSLY hackneyed Martins current relationship is, because he knew Claire through the both of those and they had zero chemistry. It was so blatantly just a thing Jeph did because he had no idea what to do next considering how wildly out of character it was and everyone was just somehow cool with it.

does R'enee just not listen to shitty indie bands or something? or does the thought of drawing a simple poster or vague sketch of a landscape give jeph too much stress?

Usually I'm not a footfag, but all of a sudden I really want a picture of Brun camwhoring it up in the most autistic way possible.

Wait, I thought the secret bakery was owned by that guy who's involved with Marten's mom? I think he's Sam dad, right?

Yes and yes. Padma/R'enee just work there.

I was under the impression that Sam's dad was the owner, but he had hired Pamela as manager. Dora still hasn't figured out that the #1 goal of a business owner is to not have to manage the business on a day-to-day basis, but Sam's dad seemed pretty smart.

You'd think the "empathy club" would be able to connect the dots between "it hurts when people call me names" and "I shouldn't call other people names."

Not to mention he also has a Microsoft Surface, which is even more portable than the Cintiq.

Pretty hard to take seriously when he's tweeting a dozen times per day and finding shit to retweet from other people. I know we all take a little time here and there but Jeph's doing the equivalent of watching porn in front of his boss. Except instead of a regular boss, we have one that is unexplainably reticent about holding a non-performing employee accountable.

Oh boy, another week of guest comics.

You're half right. Pandering content is not for me. But that's because pandering is a content creator selling out for what he thinks his audience will like or not complain about.

Can't wait for this movie to flop. The projections are creeping ever downward. They were talking $80 million in December and now there are whispers of under-40. Secret Life of Pets (which also looks like complete ass) just opened at $103 mil.

Secret Life cost half what a Disney movie usually does and has already made double it's budget back. A number that would be complete ass to a top tier studio is champagne worthy to basically everybody else.

All that shitposting on twitter must have exhausted him, the poor baby :^)

The numbers are wonderful, but the movie still looks like shit. Transformers and Armageddon knocked 'em dead, too.

The problem is that the numbers don't lie. You can SAY something looks like shit but unless you have some kind of objective number to prove it, nobody can believe you.

Secret life of pets was made and budgeted to be a mediocre movie coming in between bigger ones and it succeeded at doing that. Ghostbusters reboot cost double that and needs to fight off way more competition if it want to get anywhere. It needs to knock out the current well doers by enough to count for an opening then the next week it needs to fight off a Star Trek film and another animated film. But by the time THAT one comes out Secret Life will have made all the money it needs to and be done.

Numerically, Ghostbusters can't be a huge hit worth fighting for and at best it'll barely make it's money back. It's fighting too many films for the same niche and has too much invested in it.

I WAKE AND I THIRST FOR BLOOD

You realize you're making the argument that QC is objectively the best webcomic.

After all the things SJWs have done to the things I love over the last several years (video games, comic books, roleplaying, etc.) they now have the nerve to think things like this?

(Checked!)
Good to see you back, twitter bully.

I'm sincerely astonished the naive little fuck has survived this long in France The Western Neo-Caliphate

Brutal.

In case you ever feel bad for Jeph, for any reason, for even a moment.

Take a look at this, see if you still feel that way.

First time posting in these threads
Hope handstab gets enriched to death by niggers

If the argument couldn't be MADE, then we wouldn't be here. Questionable Content is a webcomic that makes a large amount of money and has a large amount of followers. Ergo by any metric one can measure it, it's "good". Unless of course we get to other metrics like anatomy or perspective but stylization makes that a harder argument.

The thing is that it's a comic that's basically on the halo of good. 99% of webcomics are so shit nobody gives a damn about them, or so short that they don't matter. Jeph has so many full color pages that are at least coherent that he's built enough momentum that he's essentially a hobbyist that can be judged as a professional. The problem is that the gulf between those two is so vast in the art world that the best hobbyist is almost never even a mediocre professional, because they either work super slow or produce shit work regularly.

Jephs shennanigans make a lot more sense when you realize he's not a professional making a comic. He's a hipster who did this on a dead end job he managed to quit and did it longer than most others who tried the same, and didn't melt down AS BADLY as some others like Tatsuya Ishida.

That's not to say he's a good person, or that Questionable Content is a good comic, it's just that standards are really fucking low right now and this is more of an explanation than excuse.

Welcome! Grab a seat and get comfy, we're in for the long haul.

He's in France right now, so there's a chance you'll get your wish.

Just to underscore the point, Jeph is a mangina, but compared to Sinfest and Pictures for Sad Children, he's the paragon of moderation and financial wisdom. The barrier for greatness in the webcomics world is "make something for 5+ years and don't have a total mental breakdown you can't recover from".

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD

TWEETS FOR HIS TWEET THRONE

I dunno, from my perspective you've just done a 180. We've gone from "objectively best" to "a poor quality product makes money for some mitigating reasons". Maybe that's still "objectively best" in some sense but it seems like a distortion on the intention.

The best things in the world aren't ranked by how much money they make. If that were the case I'd have to accept that The Kardashians, McDonald's hamburgers, and CS:GO skins are literally the best things in existence. Sure, they're the best "products" but the quality is baseline. Below that, even.

Nice to meet you. Now you're here forever.

Forgot pic

The argument can't be made. Gunnerkrigg Court is the best webcomic.

Sure. But then you need to actually DEFINE quality.

The thing is obviously a mom and pop shop can turn out a better burger stand than a generic McDonalds burger, but you can't compare them to the entire chain. They may be better than the nearest restaurant(To use the term loosely), and sell more then. Or they may do better with their primary demographic compared to the nearest chain. Or they may make more money vs expenses SOMEHOW, but you can't just say "they taste better" because taste is subjective and someone out there will invariably prefer McDonalds.

It's the same thing here. We can SAY Jeph is a hack, but we can't prove it by calling him a cuck(he is a cuck, but the title doesn't carry the same weight everywhere). You need to be able to say beyond any shadow of a reasonable doubt that Jeph is a fucking hack and everything he does sucks shit or if you talk to anyone outside an echo chamber it won't matter if they can counter that.

"objectively best" and "a poor quality product makes money for some mitigating reasons" aren't mutually exclusive terms. In the real world you can't really compare a thing that exists to a platonic ideal of how things should be. Obviously the platonic ideal of a webcomic is a seven day a week update schedule in full color with every panel perfectly used and enough of them to actually do something good as a whole, is actually well drawn and it'll have been going on long enough for hundreds of pages in the backlog at minimum. But that comic doesn't actually exist. In the real world we have to deal with Questionable fucking Content instead. A comic that's terribly drawn and terribly written, but updates five days a week in full color and has for over a decade.

If you want to prove Jeph is a hack, as he is, then prove it objectively within the context of other webcomics.

You're certainly going through some lengths to defend Handstab. Now I'm not implying that you're Jeff Handstabberson or one of his forum Nazis….
But that's exactly what I'm doing.

Protip: we don't give a fuck about "proving" that Jepherson Hackweniwitz is a shit artist and an even shittier person. If that butt rustles you tumblr is in the other direction.

Not really; consensus will do. Take a look at any of the various credible movie lists, like AFI, Rotten Tomatoes, and IMDB. Despite arriving at results via totally different means (ivory tower film snobs, review aggregation, direct user voting), the lists have the same movies on them. The ordering is different, but everyone is basically agreed on what the good movies are. No where in there are "quality units" discussed.

Speaking of IMDB, The Secret Life of Pets gets a 6.8. This is a terrible rating for a brand new movie. New good movies are 8.0 and up. Some even temporarily break the top 250 for a week or so before the more rational filmgoers bring that 8.5 down to the 7.2-7.5 the movie really is over the course of about a month. Starting under 7 is a huge red flag. The movie is probably below average.

schlockmercenary.com
Chapter 10 (Longshoreman of the Apocalypse) is a good jumping in point if you don't want to slog through the early years.

BULLSHIT.
I Don't Want This Kind Of Hero is the best webcomic.

Well if you're gunna put in that much effort, might as well stay forever after anyway.

I don't mind going through the early stuff and I do like it a lot. I still think Gunnerkrigg is better. GC is my number one, Schlock is number two pun intended

I think Perry Bible Fellowship will forever be my favorite, even if it lacks the vitality and volume of others. It's the one webcomic that actually makes me laugh. Well, Plastic Brick Automaton does, too, but its vitality and volume problems are even worse.

While I do like GC, I have a hard time talking to people about it because of the spergs who won't stop gushing over it.

Have you ever read Broodhollow?

Googled and bookmarked for later.

I'll have to get around to "I Don't Want This Kind Of Hero" as well. I went to mark it down and saw a previous note that it was an 8/co/ recommendation.

Don't worry, no autistic gushing from me. Never read Broodhollow. Are they similar?

Mildly, in that they both dabble in occult mystery. Broodhollow is a horror story focused on a guy who is always in over his head.

Sounds familiar. Does it feature binge drinking, beta divorces, and handstabbing?

No, you're thinking of the Extended Universe that accompanies Questionable Malcontent. It's a good read if you don't mind destroying your hope for humanity, but the comments section makes up for it in spades.

I certainly hope I'm not the only one suggesting comics from places like LINE webtoons.
Otherwise, that may have been me.

Knight Run is also good, plenty of action and death, but it's a little rougher around the edges compared to other comics.

Which is acceptable. If you can prove it in some way then you have an argument. Secret life of pets will probably have a disastrous second week and be dead by the third. You can then say that after all those add dollars got wasted nobody actually cared and it was a bad movie. Or you can say it probably had way higher than expected ad money so it's probably trying to brute force it and is still actually not doing well for anybody. But that's way more convincing than "it's shit".

If you need to claim someone is a secret agent, I don't know what to tell you.

The argument isn't "Jeph is good" it's "Everybody, including Jeph, is shit".

It all began when we realized Handstab's lack of willingless to do anything but the barest of work extended to his website. He doesn't have anyone proficient enough on webdev to handle his websites (mind you, the same websites that net him 100,000 usd a year)

So we figured his version of apache must have security holes as wide as Jeph's anus. Doing some h4x0r work we might upload the edits subtlely, to see if anyone notices.

Oh, I get it now, you're a Sony shill! Now it makes sense. Look here, Poo in the loo, what does the new Ghostbusters and Jeph have in common? They're both shit and we're going to make fun of them while making edits and laughing at the autistic creators. That is their legacy.

My only gripe with SSSS is that it takes way too long for the story to begin. Hell, we spend 100 strips watching the great-grandparents of the main characters interact and the only excuse we get is that their descendants have smilar quirks. I would rather see the actual main characters develop first hand, thank you very much.

Sure, but I didn't expect to have a long discussion over the meta of "quality" when posting that, lol. I haven't even seen the movie. I just wasn't impressed with the previews I saw while watching other movies. It looks like something for babies, not even older kid level. I'm quite surprised it broke the record for opening weekend haul for an animated movie.

That's wrong though, because there are objectively good webcomics.

Hey, I expected it to bomb and die. You won't see me defending it as a movie and it was shilled to hell and back by every company that touched it. It wouldn't amaze me if someone said that it's marketing budget was more than double what it took to make the damn thing. From a technical perspective it's obvious they decided to just make some really pretty looking storyboards and 2d drawings and try REALLY hard to imitate that. It's not a GOOD movie, but it did what it set out to do, somehow.

For what it's worth I didn't expect this to be some big thing. I expected someone to point out some critical flaw of Jephs and then we'd all just move on.

Can you list some examples of why? Just curious.

Of good webcomics, or of why that proves you wrong? I said Gunnerkrigg, someone else brought up Schlock Mercenary, and there's a few others I haven't actually read that were mentioned. I don't follow the question.

Just made an account to git involved. Send a request or whatever to Derisyan m8

That is to say, WHY are they good. Someone said "Gunnerkig is the best webcomic". Someone else said "no, it isn't". I've seen enough of it to know it's ok, and it's been touted before for other reasons in QC threads, but I don't actually have anything to tell me why it's someone's favorite webcomic or why it's supposed to be the best.

Hacks can't even draw feet good. The only time he ever properly tried was during the Padme arc and even that was an abortion.

I would still a footjob from IPP, though. Second panel is exploitable as fuck.

Or from Hanners, just to watch her go catatonic from the implications.

Handstab is ALL critical flaws and if that needs to be pointed out to you then you're either blind, an idiot, or a fanboy. I'll humor you and list some of the MANY major flaws in Jeph and his works.

He's worked 15+ years on his webcomic and the art hasn't improved for over half that amount of time. The man can't even draw faces in 3/4's prespective and struggles with the most basic of backgrounds. His anatomy is off and even if you try to excuse that by saying that it's "stylized" that doesn't change the fact that 90% of the time his characters are OFF-MODEL.

The storylines are boring and insipid, and before you even try to talk that bullshit that it somehow "does what it set out to do", Jeph has also failed at that. The comic started out as a hipster comic about indie music in a somewhat close but still distant future. The characters don't even talk about their love of music or the indie scene. Thus being a failure at what it originally wanted to be. If you also want to try and turn this around by saying that Handstab wanted to do more "drama" he also fails at that as well. The characters are too boring and up their own asses so the audience DOESN'T CARE what happens to them. Thus making ALL drama fall flat on its face. It doesn't elicit an emotional response it elicits an eyeroll at the most.

He treats his fans like shit at every moment possible, just scroll up a bit up in the thread and look at his conversation with one of his fans. He essentially calls his own fans and the people that enjoy his works sacks of useless shit who shouldn't talk to him.

And all this for the low, low price of 7k+ a month.

You know what if you want to bring money into this I'll give you this: QC IS the most profitable webcomic as far as I can tell. But that doesn't mean it's anywhere near good.

I think Penny Arcade is still the biggest moneymaker

You would be correct, good sir. Somehow I completely forgot about PA. Though to be fair I think most people did after they went full cuck. Mike still has his moments of clarity but Bald is super cucked

Added you. Have you got a basic idea of how to use git or would you like me to run you through what I've been doing to update it?

I said that, I was exaggerating. It's personally my favorite comic.
The art started off weird but already good and has continuously (and quickly) gotten better over the course of its run.
The plot has a clear focus - exploring the mysteries of the court.
The plot has actual pacing.
Tom pays close attention to detail and does his research on stuff he puts in (beyond just hitting up Wikipedia).
The characters are likeable.
He's not full of himself. (Pic 1 related)
Related to that, he doesn't act like a tool on Twitter and he doesn't cave to fans.
I had the image saved of some webcomic critic comparing the pacing of Alice Grove to Gunnerkrigg Court but I can't find it right now. The super tl;dr of it is that Tom can tell more story and build a more cohesive world in smaller panels and fewer words than Jeph, because he actually understands how to use the medium to tell a story effectively. If anyone has it on hand I'd be very grateful.

He tweeted some time ago that he doesn't like drama and writing it makes him uncomfortable. Certainly explains a few things like the 3-strip resolution he constantly does. 12 panels of "drama" and then 3 months of the characters talking about how glad they are that the drama is over. Hell, sometimes the "drama" occurs off-screen and we just get the "glad that's over" pontifications.

Case in point: Faye's recent emotional breakdown. I really didn't know what to make of that. In a span of, what, five comics, she went from fine, to getting mildly annoyed over something idiotic (Dora not being mean to customers / Menstro sniffing tea) to buying booze, to not drinking booze, to breaking down. What the hell am I to make of this?

The worst is the whole "no joke replies" thing, especially when he's canvassing his base for free tech support or something. How arrogant can you be to dole out punishment when you're milking your base for even more?

This gets into murky territory given the diversified revenue streams. For example, PAX is one of the most well known "nerd" conferences. It's likely second to Comic-Con, though I don't care to look though all of them to confirm. SXSW is bigger overall, but it's splintered into a bunch of relatively small pieces. Jeph probably could have had this if he actually put some effort in. Imagine, he could have had the DashCon that actually worked out had he started small in the mid-to-late 2000s. Questionable Con could probably run at least twice per year, once per coast, and draw 50k+ each event. Imagine all the native, wide-eyed, virtue signalling twats with more disposable daddy's money than they know what to do with.

To the rescue.

Pic related.

Thanks user, I can't believe I missed that. It was right in my folder for these threads.

"Best" is in the eye of the beholder, or some shit.
Generally, I think it comes down to what you compare it to.

QC is incredibly bland, static, and flat. It's author also has an unabashed, awful personality.

I have found I Don't Want This Kind of Hero to be greatly entertaining, in part due to the author knowing exactly when to be funny and when to be serious, and I love all the characters. I don't know anything about the author, though.

Tower of God is a series with an interesting setting and characters, a plot with an unpredictable feel, and the art improves over time. The author is also humble, and tries to improve his art and storytelling.

Kubera handles complex character relationships the best out of any other series I've read, everything is consistent, and the author already had everything all planned out from the get-go.

There's a plethora of other good ones out there I didn't mention. It mostly comes down to how likable or well-written the characters are, and how consistent the author is about their own fictional universe.

The last strip of GC is the most damming of all in comparison. So much is communicated about the universe through character interaction. The shadow is extremely expressive despite his limited form. Siddell uses warped stylizing to fit everything into small panels without it feeling cramped. The perspectives are interesting and draw the eye. Nothing feels missing or lost.

>Alice Grove pages are significantly bigger than GK pages, and yet contain so much less.
Here's a fairly recent example. Look how crammed, cropped, and claustrophobic everything is, despite the panels being enormous by comparison. And there's barely any information communicated, certainly not in comparison to the GC example strips. Hell, this is even the same scenario: explaining the story's groundwork to an ignorant character (and thus the audience).

QC is even worse due to its larger cast and Jeph's inability to fit more than 2 max 3 into a panel.

Wow, even the "tension" of job hunting gets resolved in a single strip.

Okay, this shit has been eating away at me for a good long while: IS ANYONE ELSE SICK OF THE FUCKING TITLE FONTS!?
I know, I know. This is such a spergy fucking thing to be mad about but it changes constantly and it's always ugly and looks unfitting. It ruins what little aesthetic there is to the page.

Have you ever noticed how the black Faye never closes her mouth?

Did R'nee's nose just get bigger in the span of two panels?

No, you're not alone. It was better some time ago. I just went to 2000 as an example. Even 200 is an improvement. And the header and footer are huge now. Among Jeph's many regressions is layout economy. He's actually regressed–significantly–along with his sense of aesthetics.

It's almost like you've never even met a black woman before, user.

The font is so bland, too. It's just some stock sans serif font. The kerning isn't even great: the 'i' is too close to the 'S' in "Sin" and/or the 'n' is too far away. Same with the 'l' in "Chuckle": too close to the 'e' and too far away from the 'k'. #200 also has a big header, but it has a far more interesting font that would be less readable if shrunk. Sans serif fonts are meant for small sizes and low DPI. Calling them out by making them huge just looks bad.

Wait!? The pink one is a robot? I thought she just had stupid anime hair.

My god. Jazzy Jack's art has really gone backwards since strip 2000.

At least back then he gave a fuck about things like hair detail, shading and proper depth. And his characters didn't look like they weighed 50 trillion pounds with fat puffy faces like Broon and R'nyeh in the latest arc.

Also, Jorfy Jorx freely making jokes about yaoi seems rather ironic now that he's converted to the Order of the Knights of Social Justice.

Yup, she also used to work at the library with Marten, but she kinda got bumped out of focus by Tai, Claire, and Emily.
We haven't seen her in…how long has it been? Was she involved in the robot fighting ring introduction arc? I honestly can't remember anymore since it seems like Menstro has replaced her as the cast's robot rights activist.

DUBS FOR THE DUB GOD
Also I think the cosmic power is spilling into places it shouldn't within the vessel, explaining her expansion, like when Santana went inside that German soldier and he became fat and puffy. This is exactly the same.

they named a bar after Faye?

If that's the case, it means that R'nä is probably occupying its host against her will. If she's not dead, then I'd bet that every waking moment is like being pulled inside out and dragged over a field of broken glass. I don't think any of the characters has a spiritual leaning, and I doubt Jeph will draw a 195cm giant that we could use to exorcise it, so she'll just have to suffer. I wonder how poor Renee got tricked into being the vessel for an eldritch horror, anyway.

alternately

Goddamn it, Handstab. Firstly, it's 3 fucking dots. Why the fuck can you not draw THREE DOTS with consistency?

Secondly, what sort of retarded light source do they have to be casting such shadows?

Jeph-Is-Lazy lights.

perhaps they aren't freckles, but parasites planted by R'nä to beter control and track her?

The wait is over. Bask in the high quality content.

I'll bet real money you can find tweets from this bitch railing against capitalism and consumer culture.

We now know that there is a habitat in orbit, and that these things called praeses exist. I got whiplash from how suddenly we jumped into the much needed exposition.

When I saw that gigantic upper arm and the stretched out faces I honestly thought that was an edit.

I actually wanted to know that! I've been wondering why he appears completely different than his sister since the beginning.

Well, we now know it again. Technically, we already knew it, but don't let that make you think that this page was completely without action — just look at all the character development. Now we know that the blond-haierd girl (?) is curious about orbit. Technically, we already knew this as well from the last page, but Jeph couldn't have included her line about being interested without then having her asking questions.

Absolutely nothing has happened in this fucking comic, and I'm already wishing for it to be over as soon as possible.

LIBERATE ME EX LASAGNA

Uh actually it perfectly demonstrates her character as being a fucking cunt so it's better to have a character moment with this easily archetyped character than actually taking the time to tell the reader something about the
story elements.
Which is Jeph for: he didn't think this through so don't think about it yourself and save yourself the aneurism

Haha! She's asking about tissue samples!
Woooowee, that's some funny shit!

I mean, only the wackiest, craziest, zany people ask about *tissue samples*!

Wait, who is the fucking cunt? The blond one? The transnigger? All of them?

Actually, every single important character in this story exept for Blue is a woman. There is also an overrepresentation for QC. What's with Jeph and only making female characters?

Jeph wants to be the little girl.

Oh, I forgot.

I didn't notice that the speech bubble comes from under her skirt until now. That's quite the level of creepyness, Jeph.

Also, I'm pretty sure that Giant Dyke and Alice are wearing the exact same outfit. At least try to give the a different color palette, damn.

All the workers wear lazy design #5-or-so:blue overalls with brownish vague workbelty thing.

Dude, the official name of that character (hint: she is not momo) is Fart-Chan. She used to be his twatter mascot. Even more sadder is that this drawing is probably the most effort he has done on art in the last ten years

But she's skinny. I thought his tumblr patrons don't allow that?

This is from before the handstab shitstorm. Coincidentally, back then his people drawings were skinnier. Hell, he once drew Gaben with only a beer gut

I really loathe the "two characters talking to each other for 4-6 panels" ones, where nothing's really happening (even though this describes 90% of jeph's "work"), because then the joy of twisting and perverting the material isn't there, because it has to be invented mostly from scratch.

at least clearing out dialogue bubbles and cutting out windows and screens is relaxing, sort of like how adult coloring books are supposed to be.

maybe I'll just have them speak in mandalas.

Hey kids, it's me, Face!

Jeph and plots don't streth multiple strips like they once did. His paymetreon bucks really have made him fucking lazy.

He's mentioned the praeses before, they're genetically engineered jewtrees who rule the orbital stations not-nightcrawler and bitch come from or some shit and they sent down Argent with nanomagic to soup up all the machines on the planet because this will somehow clear the surface for colonization.

That sounds like a really cool premise when you forget Jeph is in charge of it.

It sounds like a pretty cool premise except the idea that they need to clear the surface of people when their population is composed of genetically engineered nanotech sorcerors who'd be moving into a planet so massively underpopulated that amishtown and the dig site are separated by several days of travel through completely uninhabited wilderness is utterly insane

Do people think this is funny? I think this is even below just using the word "butts" as a punchline.

Well, it's low pube brow humor. Whatever fans he does have will still laugh and call it cute.

If we were to take bets on how long an edit/header would last on his forums, how long would you expect until the image was expunged? What am I kidding, the account would get outright BANNED, no questions asked.

Speaking of which, how cringey has the forum been lately?

Fuckin' rekt

Yeah, someone with sleep deprivation and a recent traumatic experience makes a minor mistake on a fucking form. Call the loony bin. This is the forum whose posters have lost decades.

Sweet titty-sucking baby Jesus Christ, it's almost like she is autistic and needs that now ruined daily structure like we need air.

I was too lazy to screen cap it when I got the others, but there was a post where someone remarked how "Brun finally was getting over the fire" as if so much time has passed.

It's been what? TWO FRIGGIN' DAYS?

If you compare the pacing of Brun's fire drama with the pacing of every other character's relationship drama, then taking Two Friggin Days is positively glacial.

That's not how you spell It Hurts, you dumb faggot.
gobolatula.com/ithurts

Sick trips.

Found the post.

Man these people are suckers. They have no awareness of abusive and controlling behavior. What good is this "empathy" they keep talking about if they have less awareness of the human condition than a young child?

Based on the content of some of their other posts, I'd reckon many of them are under the category of abusive and controlling people; hence their empathy and praise for such characters.

It's interesting seeing the difference between a webcomic series (like this one) that paints abusive relationships in a positive light, and compare it to those like Kubera that paint it in the negative.

Why's Brun a bad person? I understand how they could delude themselves into the rest of that nonsense, but has Brun even had enough screentime to do anything they could find objectionable?

Using your manipulative friend's phone number in job applications, apparently warrants her as being just as bad.

Two other posters did acknowledge that Brun at least has adequate excuses for her "bad behavior"; namely a lack of phone and probable autism. It seems more like most people don't want to admit how bad of a character Ry'nee is, so they say they're both not good people, or that one is only slightly worse than the other.

For an outsider, it comes off more like saying an abuser and their victim are both bad at forming good relationships, and therefore make a good pair.

I just don't get these people.

Well, she threatened a customer with a shotgunharpoon and stubbornly insisted he needed to buy alcohol because their bar apparently doesn't serve water. But that was all before the fire and the heavy implication of autism and of course Renee's reintroduction.

It'd make sense to drop them in a relatively non populated area though, to give them time and space to get used to their surroundings, and move on to more populated areas when they're more experienced.

Not that jeph has thought that much about it.

the fuck is this shit

That lazy copypasting fuck didn't even bother to change the B on Jayden's hat to a J.

So, one of them is now scouting for dates for some reason? Way to build a flow of narrative, handstab.

I think they're trying to find a place for Brun to live. You know, even though Tinder is only used to find people interested on fucking.

A/so, IPP is the only dictating swiping left/right, implying this is her profile, but it's presumably on Black Faye's phone, since it was established IPP doesn't have one. Couldn't they just go out and get her a phone?

Or do it on a less personal device? Like a laptop?

Isn't Tinder only for mobile devices?

Pretty sure they're both supposed to be wearing Boston Red Sox hats, even though the "B" looks completely different.

Yeah, I can see that.

Did Renee's hair just grow several inches? Have we gone through another time jump again?

that's not hair.

Wouldn't be the first time, and certainly won't be the last.

user you need to learn more about black women.

Absolutely disgusting. How can you justify this kind of behavior? I'm a fat shut in who spends 90% of his day in a single room, but even I bathe regularly.

A nice mixture of vanity and self hatred that most sane people can't believe exists.

Imagine believing you're better than every other person on the planet, including THAT BITCH down the street. But THAT BITCH has 400 dollar hair and 300 dollar makeup. So to prove that you're better you need to spend 400 dollars. Or 500.

This isn't unique to black women but the issue of hair just kind of underscores it. All women are crazy but it's just much more evident here.

Alternatively you can claim edgy points by going in the other direction and doing nothing with your hair and claim you're fighting THE MAN. Obviously white women do this too which is why body hygiene has taken kind of a nosedive. Because again, all women are crazy.

By being a single room neet you don't have to care about ANY of that shit and can afford to just bathe when sweat gets uncomfortable or when something gets on you or when habit dictates. So your life is simpler and cleaner than most girls who'll spend thousands of dollars for a look.

This kind of stuff always weirds me out too; I often get the same feeling when I encounter fellow tabletop gaming/miniature enthusiasts at the local hobby shop.

I'm positive that I am exactly as much of a basement-dwelling social failure as these other guys, but I still shower almost daily and do my laundry every week or two.

(checked)

Holy shoot, this guy is a joy to listen to.

Oh god, that is disgusting. Those nasty fucking pictures made my head itchy just by watching the.

About the hygiene, there was a similar situation at my university. The one major distinction between the Computer Science majors and the Engineering majors was that the latter actually practiced good hygiene. Kinda explains why the two departments were so far from each other, campus wise.

So are all the lovely, salty comments on youtube for that video. Never heard if him before, but the salt in those comments make me curious.

Example:

None of those comments sound like a denial.

It's funny, assuming there aren't any women in the picture, when one man sees another man's treasure, they tend to have a discussion over it. Cool car, fast PC, whatever.

Though if women are around then it becomes a spiteful competition.

What was going to be a quick fun little edit is starting to aggravate the fuck outta me by the lack of actual frames to separate each panel.

Goddamn this fucker is lazier by the day!

Jesus Christ the art gets worse and worse. Who knew that the bar would go even lower with Jeph establishing a "buffer"?

Also fuck you user for pointing out the dots. Now I can't unsee and I hate you.

Can we just get some more porn of IPP instead of dealing with this shitty "comic"?

I saw your post just as I was about to upload this edit.
This will make for an easyer edit then, thanks specifically to the "attachments" part. Maybe, possibly, I think.

Man some of the colors look so bad in these, look at all those dots on Brun's hair. How does Jeph fuck up his images so badly? PNG should be alright for the type of coloring he does but somehow he still manages to make it look like shit.

I'm alright with the basics, but if you need something done first, let me know.

Because Jeph never grew up and in his head it's still the early 00's, where every comic should only be 256 colors so that it doesn't take too long to load over a 56k connection in Internet Explorer.

I honestly don't know why Jeph does this shit. The limited and flat coloring is one of my big gripes with QC, and I do think that Jeph's mediocre art would look better by leaps and bounds if he improved his coloring (and shading. Jesus christ how lazy do you get, using a photoshop plugin to do your shadows for you?).

Not joking, a simple thing such as better coloring of the comic would probably help excuse his other failings as an artist.

Jeph makes no sense. It's so obvious when he copypastes, but then he still fucks up the little details that should be consistent. Also I noticed after I exported this that the ear is slightly different.

He doesn't copypaste. Take a look. None of the lines are really identical. The nose strokes are almost the same shape, but one is longer than the other.

But if anything, that only makes it worse. He's manually copypasting. He knows he can't quite get away with copypasting, so instead he tries to draw the exact same thing again, as if that's any better. The only real difference between this and copypasting is that it takes more time.

I bet Pintsize would get along great with the Fruit Fucket 2000.

Isn't this comic book about how robots are discriminated and opressed? If the joke was that she saw it as unacceptable to swipe right on someone black he wouldn't have treated it the same. This guy makes a rather poor progressive.

What are you talking about? The only robots that matter are those that appear to identify as female. You know, #FemBotsMatter and all that shit. If anything, he's the perfect example of progressivism, and all their virtue-signalling glory.

Unless you mean to suggest most, if not all, progressives are shitty progressives themselves. Then sure.

You're quite right, I made the mistake of taking the stated goals of progressivism for its actual intention, which as you say is mainly virtue signaling.

PNG and probably the latest Photoshop, which is important because Adobe rewrote the PNG outputter heldover from the 90s a few versions ago.

It was even worse. To fit into, say, 75 KB, they'd reduce colors to something like 128 or 64. That said, despite indexing to 256 colors, Jeph's images give the appearance of much less, like 128. I do this type of conversion all the time on source content with many more colors and the result is far, far better.

Jeph's problem is his Floyd-Steinberg dithering is set way too high. On a scale of 1-100, something like 25 is reasonable. If you set it too high you just get the dots (error diffusion) and it doesn't even help compression because solid regions of color compress far better than random noise. If Jeph just left the images in 24-bit color and optimized the PNG he'd get files in the 250-400 KB range, basically the same as the JPEGs he occasionally puts out for Alice Grove. Jeph probably doesn't know about posterizing or other methods to smartly decimate colors.

I have a hypothesis that Jeph does copy/paste but then "scuffs" the result to make it look redrawn. Of course we also know that QC is the result of drawing the same things in the same ways for almost 15 years so a mostly identical result from muscle memory is also plausible.

Someone said in the past that we know Jeph redraws because he used to do livestreams but those were years ago and Jeph knew he was on camera. He's not going to broadcast himself talking cheap shortcuts while being watched. Also probably not a coincidence that it took him hours to draw while on camera yet when no one's watching it seems to take him around 45 minutes.

is it weird or just standard jeph reaction that several days later, I think the title is the funniest thing jeph's ever done (albeit unintentionally)?

as in how in Spanish and other languages, "sin" means "without", making "Sin Chuckles" a much better title for QC. ("Sin Risas" for "Without Laughs" if you want to go full-spic, but that looks too much like "Sin Rises", which is too cool of a title for anything related to jeph)

Should've put the face on R'nee in the last panel as well.

unrelated but I just want to point out that I hid a Loss in the header

That fucking face, man.

HOLY FUCK

I posted the wrong one.

Alternatively, coulda gone with
>I want your "amens"
Would fit the previous omit bubble. Just a thought.

Git repo is up to date. Thinking of going through the stuff I imported from the old imgur and renaming them to match the titles, but that's a bit of an undertaking. If anyone wants to help that'd be great and it'd be good to have more than two people with commit access. :^)

Jeph off his meds again.

Also being upstaged yet again.

Salt mine's open.

Too bad.

Opinion poll: should I add the caps of Jeph's twatter to the OC repository, or should I just let them get caught in the archive repository when the thread hits the bottom page?

Forgot to clarify, I mean the caps of his twatter that aren't improved by Twitterbully's presence.

May Twitter Bully strike quickly.

Never going to understand this mindset.

Did he have a run-in with acolytes of the Religion of Peace?

About a hundred people got run over by a peace bus driven by white men who were in no way motivated by religion.

Link please. I need to savor this.

Just go read the front page of any major news website right now, or the front page of Holla Forums.

Because you've grown up.

I struggle to think of a week of QC where even less has happened.

This reminded me of Legion from Mass Effect 2, and his quip about how inefficient organics were in their dialogue. Not to say ME is the be-all-end-all of scifi, but wouldn't it make at least a bit more of sense for all these AIs to be connected to a server, with maybe a cool cyberpunk background to go along with it?

Honestly, any work or thought put into this would be nice, but who am I kidding?

Also,
Or does this fall under another one of those, "far enough into the future for sentient AI, but not far enough for fetishes to be known to exist for it" type things?

=WHO THE FUCK TALKS LIKE THIS=

Tumblr.

Can't use insults that might actually insult people, after all. Things like 'cunt' are misogynistic, 'bastard' is offensive to people without fathers/black people (one and the same really), 'moron' is ableist and offensive to genuine retards, and 'asshole' is…actually I don't know what their problem with asshole is.

Practically every insult that any real human being would use is off-limits to them because of the stupid constraints they put on themselves. As a result they have to make up non-offensive insults (an oxymoron if I ever heard one). This is actually why we have such wonderful words today courtesy of the SJW lexicon such as shitlords and pissbabies.

Hey, I used shitlord before the SJWs. Now I have to use "Buttlord" instead.

Why not "shitface", it's equa-
Oh.
Ohhhhhhh

bullshit.

IMPORTANT QUESTION
Does the strip pass the Robo-Bechdel Test?!
It'd be funny to see him scramble in response to that.

Perhaps these fetishists are worried about offending the AIs by having sexual thoughts about them (perfectly valid concern in Jeph's world) and they only communicate via written word in order to avoid detection by the objects of their desires.

Supposedly it's gendering. I guess they believe their own press and women don't need to shit after all.

Even the insults are tentative and passive aggressive, and they're all constructed like this.

Art of swearing is slowly dying out because of this shit. I need to take a three hour drive to the lumber mill if I want to get called a cakefucking dipshit nowadays.

There's a great deal of those actually, and tumblr can't be credited for very many, it's just they suck at making any good/funny ones. I recall gaylord and dickwaffle being some pretty old ones, granted they don't get much use anymore.

Well, it's basically another way of calling someone a jerk, but if they're a woman you already have the word cunt for that. However, it's still not actually gendered. Calling someone a penis just makes me laugh, though.

The biggest problem is their lack of understanding of word flow and why insults work. This is ironic given that just about all of these people fancy themselves wordsmiths and literary critics.

Somehow "dick" isn't gendered to them. For reasons. Such as they say it a lot ("don't be a dick") and don't want to admit they're hypocrites.

er-hem.

also, if I were less lazy, and also did not make a rookie mistake like that while mentioning how lazy or not lazy jeph or an editfag is.

I like how this one wouldn't be entirely out of place as a regular comic.

I also like how we get to play "Where's Waldo Lasagna" with your edits. This one took me a few minutes.

I kind of want to create a library of logos for fake brands (and bands, since Jeph is too lazy to half-ass logos anymore) based on other shitty webcomics, but I'm not sure anything can live up to the sheer horror of cheesy lasagna.

I suppose I could use Willis's stupid "pornographique" title for porn DVDs, if Jeph weren't too lazy to put props in his backgrounds, like books, magazines, etc.

I KNOW YOU'RE READING THIS JEPH, GO STAB YOUR HAND AGAIN

That reminds me of a dream I had. I went to the airport to return home and I met Jeph. I then proceeded to ask him when he'd graduate from his hand and stab himself in the face. I woke up before I could see dream-Jeph's reaction.

Return home from where?

I'm curious which hellish place your dream put you in that both you and Jeph were in an airport together.

I was in Cape Breton (I won't be more specific than that) visiting family and the airport I used was in Halifax.

Gentlemen, we're in Page 7. We need a headr for the next thread NOW.

Swap Claire and Marten's heads, Title text is "Malcionable Questontent"'

Give me half an hour, I'll make one.

Make it a reference to the Nice incident while you're at it. We gotta stay hip and relevant and all that.

I'm more in a mood for a thread-related throwback tbh fmalamadingdong

An attempt was made
Where did coverfaggot go anyway?

I really like this one.

I can just see the scene playing out normally, but right as he says "You're beautiful", TEH envelops him and the only sound heard is an earsplitting
RRREEEEEEEEEEEEEE
overlaying vicious gendered slurs as he attacks the tranny and tears it to shreds.

Page 7 is nothing matey. Nice to have someone start on the header but we're not in any danger of dropping off the board yet.

Waiting until the last minute to get something done instead of building a buffer beforehand, the Jeph way!

This thread has ~4 days life left in it.

This

Holla Forums generates new threads at a pace where each page drop takes about 20-24 hours.

If you ever want to know, check the thread that's about to bump off and calculate the time between that and the threads adjacent to Questionable Malcontent. You have to check the adjacent threads because autosage fucks with the calculation.

The even lazier method: there's still like a day left even on page 10. I realize this sounds crazy to veterans but it's the case around here.

I vastly prefer Holla Forums's pacing to the "bump every 10 minutes or fall off" pace of halfchan.

Indeed. The slower pace is one of the things I like about fullchan. I can take a day off every now and then and still keep up-to-speed on the threads that I'm following.

When 4chan was at its peak, like mid-to-late-2000s, I didn't understand how anyone got anything out of Holla Forums. It pumped out memes like nobody's business but it was indecipherable. Your life's purpose would have to have been Holla Forums. Threads fell off after something like 90 seconds. It was like an even shittier version of IRC but with inline gore porn.

>two days? TWO LEGS! TWO LEGS!

Funtimes from Jeph's Twatter

Look, I know it's Hillary, but come on man. Have a LITTLE business sense at least.

A fucking tweet.

Yeah, about that. The only reason these people hate him is the rivalry between him and Takei and the taunting over Takei's homosexuality. But now this same group of people hate Takei because he doesn't approve of altering Sulu's sexuality in a pandering move.

It truly is astounding. Jeph's success was him almost literally falling into a pile of cash and he thinks skill has gotten him this far.

3rd pic, that's his girlfriend's daughter I assume? Seriously considering putting these in the archive as well, unless Twitterbully has anything to add to them? pretty please

It's just a meme, fam.

We should counter-meme that Jeph is fucking his girlfriend's four year old daughter.

what is with these people and their anal fixation? like how when they get really mad, their go-to adjective after "toxic"/"problematic" is "shitty"

It's because the butt is dirty, and they shouldn't want throbbing dicks rammed up inside their dirty hole, but the idea of taking a thick, hot load that fills them up completely is so intoxicating that they have to hide their desire behind a facade of insults that make it sound like they think it's a bad thing.

When you ban all insults related to sex, race, sexual orientation, and mental illness, shit is almost all you have left.
I wonder if we can meme using feces as an insult being kinkshaming for scat fetishists?

Since anal is considered a thing loose women do, it could just fall under slutshaming.

Lose women and faggots. You're not homophobic, are you? ARE YOU?

That's a better idea. No matter what it is, it is essential that you always relate it back to women somehow. Otherwise it's not real oppression.

especially since gay men are basically "privileged" now. especially white gays, of course. (and gay men are also misogynists)

Jeph
>Ugh, Trump is such an assboggler
>N-No, I'm not homophobic, I write lots of homosexual, bisexual and trans characters
>I can do better, just give me some time!
And that's how we bully Jeph into taking it up the but from Tyrone.

These lame, poorly constructed insults infect the guest comics as well.

Uh, excuse me, but "assbaby" is TOTES a slur against homosexuals because it's a negative reference to anal sex. I may have been forced to self-harm by this disgusting display of bigotry if I hadn't already slit both my wrists after being subjected to a fifteen second clip from a Trump rally. My therapist is going to hear about this!

Dora's looking more muscular in panel 4 than she's ever been in the whole comic.

Shit, for a moment I thought he actually improved his art but then I realized it was a guest strip.

Pick one.

Seriously though, as shit as the guest comic is, at least it has a modicum of effort. Is the art AMAZING? No, but it tries to be something other than complete dogshit. In a world where people don't even seem to try anymore that means something. Of course that something isn't much but dammit it's better than nothing.

What do these people have against anti-aliasing? All the little pixel jaggies from the binary brush make the image look like it's been resized badly, except it's at the correct resolution.

Because le quirky 8-bit aesthetics
These poz loaded cockmulching chucklefucks seem to like "old" shit for some reason

As fucked as that idea is, Jeph made the war machine blush, so I'm not going to fault a guest artist for following suit.

It's like the opposite of TTGL, you sit through filler, waiting for the hot tub scenes to end to get to some plot before the filler starts again.

Doesn't that mean that Jeph is the Anti-Spiral?

Is Questionable Content the kind of world that would have happened if Simon had lost the fight? A place where emotion is a dull and awkward thing and people completely lack true fighting spirit?

Yeah, at least the proportions are better and different angles are used. There's actual action rather than people talking about the action that just happened.

Part of a greater rant but you can tell who are the poseurs because CRTs act as natural anti-aliasers. The 8-bit experience wasn't the blockfest you see on emulators and LCD displays.

Web artists use to disable anti-aliasing to guarantee their work fit into 256 colors without re-indexing but this is a true color image and it's not 1997.

Edit: guess I should mention it was different in France where they had high resolution SCART.

Handstab and blue bear should be fags together and make suicide pact

Semi-Threadly reminder Dora is a piece of shit.

I realize it's Jeph's art and thus you can't make solid inferences, but it's funny how the guest artist interpreted Dora's flabby skinny-fat figure as muscular.

She got Faye right, though: muscular but under a thick layer of flab.

I know it's strange and unhealthy, but I detest the sight of my own naked body. It's objectively okay, but the fact remains that the process of showering disgusts me more than the idea of going out in public with a mild stench on me.

Is it something in particular that disgusts you, or is it the idea of your nudity that bugs you?

You're quoting the wrong post, bro.

Do people seriously break up over stupid shit like that? It just seems so completely out of nowhere. It might have made sense if they were teenagers who had only been dating for a week or so but weren't these two together for a whole while at that point?

Marten_and_his_tranny_twin.png

Does anyone have that one comic where someone went through each panel swapping Marten and Dora's faces, and you can hardly tell it's happened unless you look real close?

No, I'm pointing out Jeph's portrayal of Dora as a skinny fat as referenced in the strips.

It was out of nowhere. This is how Jeph creates "drama". Rather than planting the seed and letting it grow, on Thursday night he goes "Oh yeah! I should break up Marten and Dora now!" and by Monday it happens. Rise and repeat for Claireten, Faye the alcoholic, Sven is dead to me, etc. Jeph has no concept at all of pacing. As soon as he gets an idea, it must be introduced and resolved immediately. Then he goes back to marking time until the next idea.

pick one

Nice one, Jeph.

so he's #TeamKardashian, I take it.

It has the transgender so he has to be.

I don't have the original but I have this one.

Here ya go. Have some bonus abusive Dora and Doraface

IT'S LIKE POTTERY

Jesus Christ.

oh
oh

Comic buy a guy who writes "Please Listen To Me"

It looks like a gag-a-day comic tgat started in 2010. Here's the first five. It doesn't look too bad, but I don't see anything that really sets it apart.

Here's the most recent 5. The art seems to have declined into CalArts modern cartoon style, so I can only guess about what he likes to watch.

God this shit is awful.

And it gets even worse. Especially the Hamburglar one. It looks like he's crushed beneath the rock, not hiding behind it. And what the hell is the comic trying to say? It's obviously some commentary on Ayn Rand style capitalism but it's a jumbled mess. This guy just throws phrases and panels up and hopes something sticks.

Then there's the flacid "nice guy" criticism in the final strip. I can see why Jeph likes this guy. He, too, has no idea how to set up a joke.

I knew that name sounded familiar.

BONUS TRACK
He also has a magazine: villagevoice.com/news/this-queens-couples-satirical-fatherhood-magazine-celebrates-a-very-particular-kind-of-dad-7593180

This is exploitable

I'm just going to ignore it

It's artistic nudity.

Why is this not a comma? I need to know why this had to be another sentence. If I do not learn why this exclamation mark is here I will not be responsible for my actions if I should track the artist down and stab him in the hand.

Amazing.

We're on page 9. Anyone who's here is looking for us.

Even if you did! That wouldn't cure their terminal case of noedititus.

fuck off with this shit I fucking hate all this god damn FUCK

IT RHYMES

It's still abhorrent but at least this one has some kind of setup and payoff.

Oc incomming

I'd suggest posting it in the new thread.

Fair point.

Do we have a header for the new threead yet?

It'll be this glorious piece.

he wasted a whole fukin page on being meta about how his dumb plot rests on space magic

It's been so long since he's done plot that he needed a recap page to catch himself up so that he would know what was going on.

GENTLEMEN, WE HAVE REACHED PAGE 10

SIGNAL FOR DEFCON ONE

WE NEED A HEADER AND NEW THREAD POST-HASTE

Done

We just need the new comic to be posted