Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/software/gnuzilla/
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/noscript/
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/umatrix/
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ublock-origin/
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/https-everywhere/
addons.mozilla.org/fr/firefox/addon/librejs/
github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues/55
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/firefox_tweaks#Enable_OpenGL_Off-Main-Thread_Compositing_.28OMTC.29
github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/uBlock-vs.-ABgtP:-efficiency-compared
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adblock_Plus#Controversy_over_ad_filtering_and_ad_whitelisting
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adblock_Plus
github.com/Synzvato/decentraleyes
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/decentraleyes/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>>>/gaschamber/

ublock origin
umatrix
self destructing cookies
https everywhere

With umatrix make sure to turn on referrer spoofing and user agent spoofing so you don't need an extra addon for referrer spoofing and user agent spoofing. You can have umatrix manage your cookies too, but I find self destructing cookies gives more control.

Thanks user

whats wrong with palemoon?

You're welcome.

If you don't like umatrix you can switch that for noscript. I prefer umatrix though personally, saves me from having to use refcontrol and a user agent spoofer and pages load faster than with noscript

its like firefox
but worse
and outdated
and breaks support for anything good
just use firefox like what's the difference

/thread
these also exist for chromium

how is it worse? it consumes a lot less memory and firefox became cucked SJW shit a couple years ago.

Turning on hardware rendering causes it to become completely unstable and crash for 1. Means watching videos on it makes the browser run like dog shit. This is fine if you send all videos to mpv, but absolutely pathetic for a web browser in the current year

I agree with most of these settings, but it is much better to use blender and turn off spoofing or set 1 user agent and turn spoofing on. It looks suspicious of there is literally a new user agent on your browser ever 5 mins and any canvas / ip fingerprinting easily pulls you out of the crowd

Someone explain to me why Holla Forums doesn't like Adblock Plus or NoScript anymore.

Because with uMatrix, it renders both of those add-ons obsolete and redundant.

At least I think so, Holla Forums is hateful of everything.

Shitty ass fucking performance compared to ublock. There is literally no reason to use adblock plus anymore
umatrix gives more fine grained control over what is blocked and what isn't, and has page specific settings instead of allowing any URL you add to the allow list on every page that URL shows up on. Say you want to only allow scripts from google on youtube, with umatrix that is easily possible. umatrix also has better page load speed than noscript. noscript is fine if you don't want to have to allow as much shit as with umatrix.

Why would anyone want to use SJW infested software or forks?

Different UI, and it's more libre.

Different UI and it's more Libre

So there's no security issues with noscript? I have it configured in just the way I like it over the course of a few years and switching would suck at this point. As long as noscript hasn't turned into spyware without my knowing I'll stick to it until it breaks.

ruralfag here with terrible internet service here.
something about palemoon's config allows everything to not run like shit. for a few versions now, about 10 minutes into use firefox will just hang indefinitely when loading pages.

can confirm it runs like shit in certain instances though. i turned off dom storage and scripts on 8ch and that really boosted performance. videos don't seem to affect performance too much using mozplugger.

Noscript sends telemetry to informaction.com. So yes, it's spyware. It only takes maybe about a day or so to get used to umatrix; you should really be using that instead. In addition to not spying on you, it also does a lot more than noscript.

RIP cripplechan

It is summer after all

HEY FAGGOTS
EVER HEARD OF
SEAMONKEY

You should use gnu icecat m8
gnu.org/software/gnuzilla/

Add-ons that gives you privacy or more control

-noscript
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/noscript/

Function:
Can block any type of script from any website.
This add on is based on the Default block Permit.
Everything is blocked until you say otherwise this is one of the best solution in computer security.
Normies hate this.
Always read the options

-µmatrix
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/umatrix/

Function:
A bit like noscript you can block any content from any website.
This add on is based on the Default Permit.
Things are block via a blacklist you can activate or deactivate them.
This solution is not ideal but normies still hate this even if it's more permissive.
More functions included like user agent and referrer spoofing.
Always read the options

-µblock origin
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ublock-origin/

Function:
Considered as an addblock but can do part of what does µmatrix.
You have lots of blacklist and a whit-list.
You can block domains and different kind of scripts.
Always read the options

-https-everywhere
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/https-everywhere/

Function:
The HTTPS Everywhere extension fixes these problems by rewriting all requests to these sites to HTTPS.
You can also block all non https traffic

-LibreJs
addons.mozilla.org/fr/firefox/addon/librejs/

Functions:
Blocks non-free licensed javascript

I removed that garbage when I noticed the creator whitelists his own site by default. I don't trust shady shit like that

uBlock and Privacy Badger.

If only they had an option to import from ABP and NoScript. I've built my whitelists up from years of manual tweaking.

The guy says it's jut for "his convenience".
github.com/kkapsner/CanvasBlocker/issues/55
Don't know what to think; plus, it wasn't really secret.

A lot of what palemoon does is simply enable older settings that have been disabled or completely removed from firefox because $CURRENT_YEAR. You can achieve the same relative speed in firefox with some tweaking.

also ruralfag with bretty bad internet speeds and caps

Congrats on living a meme life. That fork has more bugs than features.

Apparently Pale Moon has a built-in setting to do the same thing as this add-on:

"Canvas anti-fingerprinting option: Pale Moon now includes the option to make canvas fingerprinting much more difficult. By setting the about:config preference canvas.poisondata to true, any data read back from canvas surfaces will be "poisoned" with humanly-imperceptible data changes. By default this is off, because it has a large performance impact on the routines reading this data."

It was added on version 25.6

I don't like it. It shouldn't be a default shipped with the addon. This is supposed to be a privacy addon, and yet he willingly violates the privacy of his own users "for his convenience". If a user doesn't know this is on the whitelist, and goes to his site he can canvas fingerprint them. What if he decides to make the addon send you to his site after updates like noscript does? Then he can canvas fingerprint you.

Works fine for me m8

umatrix has this already

therer is no plausible explanation why any concept could have this name and not be retarded. even if it means cookies are stored encrypted and the key is kept only in secure memory, that's still fucking retarded.

it's bad and dumb
t. josh

what are you browsing that makes you this tinfoil?

It's autism, tinfoil paranoia, and taking stallmeme seriously.

What kind of shitty ass piece of fucking garbage computer do you have where ABP somehow makes things slow?

Read the rest of the post where he explained why he chooses self destructing cookies, and explains that umatrix has something similar.

Unless you are forcing hardware acceleration with OMTC, you are full of shit. Check about:support under graphics to confirm

In fact, confirm you have done everything on this tutorial:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/firefox_tweaks#Enable_OpenGL_Off-Main-Thread_Compositing_.28OMTC.29

Umatrix has an https everywhere feature built-in, making that plugin redundant.

It's not the slightest bit slow.

github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/uBlock-vs.-ABgtP:-efficiency-compared
Fuck off retard

No it doesn't, it has strict https enforcement which disables mixed content. It does not automatically go to https domains for you like https everywhere does. Is this board full of drooling retards only now?

I did but "more control" is really vague, and Firefox (and forks) have a feature to delete cookies immediately on exit (or manually) with "more control", but uMatrix can do this routinely and automatically, asynchronous to browsing session, and I can't think of what additional controls would be necessary beyond the native ones and what uMatrix offers...

Oh look, it's all shit that means absolutely fucking nothing because I'm not some poorfag nigger running a pentium 2 with 64MB of RAM to play with.

You sure are fervent in your defense of an arm of the advertising industry.

Pick one and only one.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adblock_Plus#Controversy_over_ad_filtering_and_ad_whitelisting

If you, ((( ))), are out of arguments against , you could just go over to en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adblock_Plus
and delete the section on "Controversy over ad filtering and ad whitelisting".

I use Icecat with Umatrix, Ublock Origin, RefControl, and HTTPS everywhere.

SHILLS

Yep. Use Ublock Origin.

IceCat is great, and I say this as somebody who scoffs at "muh non-proprietary software".

he said ublock origin, not ublock. in can you don't know: it's different. Braindead faggot

OK

-NoScript
-WebRTC leak disable
-uBlock Origin

noscript

just set media.peerconnection.enabled to false in about:config

test: ipleak.net

github.com/Synzvato/decentraleyes
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/decentraleyes/

>>>/oven/

>>>/oven/

I highly recommend that you should consider suicide

dubs of truth

Does it play nice with noscript and requestpolicy?

thoughts on requestpolicycontinued and adblockedge?

Back using Pale Moon, after fucking Google has ruined in Chromium 52 software based rendering with their decision to rip GDI code out and use instead DirectFuckingWrite instead.

Now there are wonderful blurry fonts and tons of screen tearings in videos and scrolling, especially if you have a low budget built inside graphics chip. Used to use Qupzilla, but it is only a question of time before QTWebengine is also based on Chromium 52+ code, so no solution. Also all other Chromium based browsers are affected too... Yandex, Vivaldi, Brave and else...

Fucking Google whores. Why can't that fuckers leave things alone? Mozilla based code just works.