SSRIS/ Happy pills. Fix anything ?

Hey /b

On a downer again, been a few years since any type of meds were taken. Anybody on here on a treatment or have experience with one ?

Did it work, Did it make anything worse, Was it worth it ?

Thinking about trying treatment again since talking to a councillor didnt really help. He recommended medication just had a bad experience with it in the past so I said no.

Plz B lend me thy wisdom.

they make you an emotional zombie
does it help? about as much as it doesnt, so it depends on you

I'm already an emotional zombie.

I have not used them myself, but everyone I know who has has told me that they shouldn't have taken them.

they got me through a really bad slump recently

been starting to reduce my dosage now that I'm doing better

i have yet to meet anyone who says that an SSRI has helped them
i myself tried them, different ones over longer period of times
at best they don't make any difference really and you don't feel withdrawal symptoms if you were not to take them once or try to get off of them

I should add that drugs alone cannot cure depression

you need to look deep inside yourself and find a reason to keep going. what the drugs do is help you get by until you find that reason

This is a good response. They should be used more like a crutch rather than a prosthetic if you know what i mean. I attribute anti depressants to me being able to drive and get a job at 25 years old. They sort of force your brain to relax, so to speak. When I was trying to get my license before the drugs, my mind would race on about how I could fuck up. Post drugs, my head seems to be a lot quite, which I cannot decide if that is a good thing. But though I can't say I have had adverse effects, I'm trying to quit them cold turkey which feels really weird.

well I have. she said they keep your feels within sufferable boundries, that you'll never be deeply sad but you'll never be really happy either.
she also said that when she stopped taking them, the hounds came back with a vengance.
she now smokes weed 7/7 as a mood leveller, coke and alcohol to have fun.

funny thing is she's the cleverest person i know. a medical scientist. she says the limits of human cognition nearly drove her to suicide and the ignorance of pharmacists pulled her back.
prozac isn't for thinkers, user. you need to buy the illusion and as you are here, you probably can't.

OP.
Try going no-fap for a few months to see how that works first. There's new science that shows that extreme masturbation habits lead to clinical depression.

Try working out to increase the testosterone too. Also avoid drinking soy milk, and eat alot of figs.

Finally, try eating during the day instead of the night. My depression always gets stronger when I eat during the night.

No they don't.

I don't agree with this.

on the contrary
the jew pills will fuck you for good

no, he's right. the thinking man's medication is the BBC

big black or brit broad?
either way lies madness.

an hero

OP Here,

Didnt expect so many responses to be honest thread looked dead before i slept.

I duno at the moment I cant be fucked doing anything. Been trying for a while now and everytime I pick myself up and get on with it something happens (life I know how it is) I lose all motivation and just dont see the point anymore.

Been a while since i was on tablets and from memory they didnt really help long term. But Im kind of running out of options here.

Going to lose my job, ruin another relationship and at worse ill probably hang myself or something.

Meh Ill keep lurking I guess cheers for the info anons.

They make your depression feel a bit better, but after you stop them you get a buzzing headache in your head that would last from a few months to a year I reccomend st. john's wort a natural ssri without the side effects .

I reccomend st. john's wort, it

keep drinking 2 cups of st. john's wort daily and your depression will end in 7-10 days.

but don't stop after 7-10 days keep drinking the tea, for a few months, it's relatively safe and works as good as a medical ssri if not better minus the withdrawal symptoms and negative side effects.

good luck Holla Forumsrother

Basically, they're shit. But if all you need is something to push you out of the hole you're in, they do their job. You have to find something to put your energy into though, otherwise you come off them and relapse straight away.
I'm not saying I never get down now, but having not taken them for 8 months, and having been fucking depressed to shit for 3 years, they're not all that evil.

Kinda missed a key point kinda

If you're gonna use them to push you outta depression, you gotta find something to use your energy for. Either start exercising and stick to it or take up a hobby or something
I started playing guitar for instance guitar is a hell of a drug
Don't think they'll help you on their own though user

busy round here tonight

uh, literally, they are meant to

up

they work
but not how they are avertised

Lift weights and quit acting like a faggot

Ever try St John's Wort? It's only for mild to moderate depression so if whatever you have is serious then don't go for it. If this is like a cyclical thing and the depression isn't that bad then it might help.

It's non prescription and you can get it at places like the Vitamin Shoppe or at Jewel Osco or whatever.

Also these

There's evidence of limited SSRI efficacy in cases of severe depression. You might as well be taking sugar pills if you can get yourself out of bed twice a week.

If you're sad, you have clinical depression. If you think about driving your car off a bridge whenever you go over one, if you don't like certain people, or if you don't have any hobbies, you have clinical depression. Changing those things is beyond your power unless you take a pill to magically make yourself willful. Welcome to modern psychiatry.

What the other guy said. Stop being a fag. Focus on self improvement, try to make new friends, buy a squat rack.