Civil War II General

The new Marvel summer event is underway, and it's Civil War II. Created as basically a tie in to the movie, this event has been seen as poorly paced, poorly written, and Bendis'd the fuck up.

The story is that all the heroes stop a celestial thanks to a new Inhuman named Ulysses (geddit civil war geddit) who can predict the future. Carol's side of people thinks Ulysses's power should be used to prevent crimes and natural disasters and Tony says that that's immoral for some reason. Everyone treats the power to predict the future as something monumentally special considering there's like 491 people who do that already.

Things kick off once Ulysses predicts an attack from Thanos and Carol unites a team of only like 6 people, Dazzler included, to fight him. To fight Thanos. Rhodey dies and She-Hulk is hospitalized. Tony uses this as an example of the dangers of relying on future predictions, and not an example of why Carol is the worst team leader ever. A fight begins over the fate of Ulysses, the Inhumans, and the process of superheroism as a whole.

Here we can discuss the main plotline of the event and it's tie ins without having to make a bunch of threads over it. We're all just seeing if it'll get worse while wondering how many sales Marvel will lose out of this one.

Other urls found in this thread:

marsproject.black/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

According to tie-in comic Civil War II: Kingpin, apparently Carol has already started using Ulysses to predict petty crimes and catch criminals.

Now, this hasn't been alluded to in any of the Civil War II comics previous so I'm thinking there was a mismanagement thing at Marvel on just when this issue was supposed to come out. Or nobody cared to begin with.

Civil War II? More like War of the Retards

You just had to trash it.

I'd like to point out that this issue's art is terrible. Not only is there anime lightning lines, but that thing that shitty tumblr/deviantart tier comic makers do where they write words on the background to explain what's happening since they can't do it with the actual art.

I'm so glad this is getting its shit pushed in by Rebirth. I don't even like New52 DC (even with this) but between the failure of this and ANAD it's great to see Marvel's chickens coming home to roost.

LOL, that isn't the actual art is it?

None of us get our comics done, because none of us would allow our standards to be low enough to push out a page like THIS. I mean, this isn't a real page though, right? Is this just a bunch of random panels shoved together by an angry fan? There is no flow to anything, Clint(?) shows up pouring sugar for no reason, as if he's not even in the same scene, you'd have to story time the whole thing (which you should do anyway) for me to believe this is a real page that happens in a real book.

And obviously, besides a terrible lack of pacing, and horrible layout, the art is just shitty.

Also, most of us are too lazy to get a comic done.

So, anyone going to story time everything we got so far? I want to see just how bad it gets, as well as how much any good writers can polish this turd of an event.

Ya know what, I'll give this one complement.

At least it wasn't traced.

I was just showcasing the artwork. Those are several random panels all put into image. But it's not like the rest of the panels are any better.

Well, storytime it. Shit. We've been waiting and you're just teasin'? Give us the goods, nigga!

Okie doke.
This Tie-in is centered around The Kingpin, obviously, as he tries to regain his foothold as a crime boss after returning from San Francisco.

As stated, it's been established that Carol has been using Ulysses to go on a crime-stopping rampage, despite that not actually happening in the main story yet. Spoilers, I guess.

How did it get this bad?

FUCKING SHIT, THEY KILLED BUSHWACKER? He was still alive? I assumed he was killed off ages ago

Fisk is getting some good banter in, even though they sewed up both his back vaginas.

Sugar Sugar Sugar Sugar because he's pouring a lot of sugar. I could draw this, but it's easier to tell and not show

I honestly kinda dig the really crazy, loose style, in some pages. But page 12 here looks like the artist didn't remember to draw the page at first, and then had to whip it up in an hour before the book went to print. Have they done non-Marvel work, I'd be curious to see what their personal stuff looks like.

To be continued!*

*To be continued, in the same issue!
This is a bit of backstory on how Janus can do what he can do.

So, Janus had literally ONE JOB and fucked it up within seconds?

So it looks like Janus is an Inhuman and his power is to be undetectable to Inhumans who can predict the future.

That's…pretty niche to the point where one could accuse Marvel of poor writing.

Inhumans are weird like that though. Gotta say this is at least better than the main book, though the main book is a train wreck.

So reason dictates that Carol is relying on Ulysses too much and it is going to blow up in her face.
Tony dies at the end because in Civil War the person who is right has to die to drive home how fucking right they were.
Tony gets replaced by 15 year old black girl because between Fem Thor, Blacktin America,
Asian Hulk, Ms.Pakistan, Mexigro Spider-man, Latino Nova, Femverine etc.
Marvel comics just isn't diverse enough.
There are still white guys and white guys are problematic and triggering amirite?

I like the idea of Janus being undetectable to Inhumans only if it renders him completely imperceptible to them as if he were also invisible only to them.

Not exactly sure how the Marvel multiverse now works but I assume it still exists and that Ulysses simply:
A) Is looking into events transpiring in incredibly similar parallel universes, but are flawed in that they are not exactly similar
or the more likely
B) Ulysses is evil / being granted visions by a party that wishes to manipulate the heroes of the world considering they are basically the strongest force on the planet.
This is done by giving them something they want which is an early warning system.

I'd like to think if Marvel wasn't pushing Captain Dyke-hair the trash character that once gave birth to her own pandimentional rapist that Steve Rodgers would be having the same pic related conversation with Tony playing the role of Black Fury.

I love how the writing is so clumsy in the main book, that Tony basically has to tell Steve that he's not going to argue with him, as if to directly say "This even is all for pushing Captain Marvel, so just pretend you wouldn't have an opinion on this". Hell, I wonder if the Hydra subplot is in part to give Cap a reason not to be a huge part of an event he'd logically be a big part of.

Honestly, Marvel should just make a diververse, an alternate world where there are no white male cis characters. That will be empowering, right? Or wait, alternate universes always die off.

Seriously, they sure suck at writing, because I can't help but find Kingpin right. Or maybe it is intentionated, making the heroes so horrible and dislikeable just to fool all crappy artists and idiots to expose their hypocrisy.

And the art. Oh god, the art. I like cartoonish and stylized art sometimes, but it doesn't fit marvel at all and just make all the black heroes look like a Ben Garrison's copycat is drawing for them.

When is Marvel going to burn?

Didn't they killed all the universes and merged them all in one like in DC's Crisis in infinite earths so all the popular alternative universe heroes like black Spidey are in the main universe?

I remember that only spidy was the madman that could do it, and that drove Fisk mad that's why he always got beaten by the spider….now if everyone makes joke on him, how they make him lose control?

Man, Hawkeye looks drunk as balls.

Anyway, are you guys memeing hard so Hulk kills everyone in the next issue?

Does anyone have the screencap of Bendis saying some retarded shit about War Machine packing Anti-Thanos missiles to explain how a missile to the tits hospitalized She Hulk?

Thanks for the storytime.
The art is horrible. Disgusting.
Story is good. MUCH better compared to the main book.

Still, this event has only been made because of the movie. It's ridiculous, but everyone knows this.

Al Ewing made a good tie, though.

No, you see the missiles were just really really really really powerful. The earth-made missiles were designed to be anti-Thanos. Not only is this a massive plothole, this explanation somehow makes it worse. It's like two kids playing action figures in the park and they just make up superpowers and anti-eye laser force fields. I can't wait for the Punisher to buy anti-Galactus rounds from his local gun shop.

Why is Fisk looking more sympathic here than minoriteam?

this from the guy behind Mutant Registration Act 2.0?

fucking hell Marvel

because prosecuting people for crimes they haven't done is wrong, user. that's your conscience speaking.

that and your natural inclination to rebel against tyranny.

Tony only wanted to punish HEROES for crimes they didn't commit.

CIVIL WAR? Civil War has way too many female asses in tight clothes for me!

I want more male asses in tight clothes!

Regards, Linkara

What is he saying on Twitter now?

I legitimately thought it was a reference to the Iliad. I guess I'm the retard here.

Presumably that he's a nasty cock slut.

damn, kingpin's the best part of this so far

he's not portrayed as more than a criminal, but they give him actual wit and respect

oh my god, who the fuck drew that??? Feet don't bend that way

even at his worst, Leidfeld didn't do this shit

Oh god, I can pretty much see where the plot is going.

Obviously Janus's power is to pick a favored timeline that ensures his survival. With that or something to do with looking into the future and the past simultaneously, considering his name.

Also, why is Jennifer Walters against Due Process for two Major Comic Book Corssover events in a row?

Does she hate being a lawyer that much?

Yes. She secretly wants to be a stunt woman like in the shitty cartoon.

Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. was a gem. It was so utterly horrid that I had to start each episode with a fresh box of sides, because I'd go through them in nothing flat.

She's a PROSECUTOR, not a lawyer. Of course she'd be against due process.

Wasn't she just Defending some poor schlub at the start of this fiasco of an event? If memory serves she gave a rather laughable definition of Entrapment…

Oh whoops, my bad. She really is a lawyer.

the most uneventful comic event ever

I've been trying to find a comic that also ties into Civil War II, but for all the supposed tie-ins with that are labeled as such, the actual comic stories don't really have anything to do with it. If the tie-ins have nothing to do with the actual story, then that's just more proof that Civil War II is basically a cash grab off of the movie title.

In a little bit of time, I'll storytime Nova's Civil War II ti in here to showcase just how much nothing happens.

I haven't enjoyed a Marvel crossover event since Infinity Gauntlet, but I think all of them seemed to have SOME direction and purpose, right? I find myself constantly wondering how this is an event, because NOTHING IS HAPPENING. Even the main book has no direction, I have no idea why any of this would lead to straight up heroes fighting.

I just realized Ulysses is ANOTHER TEEN CHARACTER created to erase all the other established characters that do EXACTLY THE SAME THING HE DOES. Predicting the future isn't that special after all these years, but if Bendis gets to say "Oh, well, my NEW character is the first one that can REALLY do it!" then everyone else is just tossed out. It just feels more and more like Bendis realizing he is SHIT at writing 616 Marvel, so he decided he'll just change the universe to fit his writing style. A style where continuity doesn't matter, characters he doesn't like don't exist, and everyone talks like a Buffy character.

WHAT THE FUCK HAVE THEY BEEN DOING TO IRON MAN?!

Original sin

It forced writers to ruin the origin stories of the top tier characters. Turns out aliens wanted to make the Stark's child the technology messiah but it died and they adopted Tony instead. I'm not joking.

Well, MUH PHOENIX had a nice temporary costume change for the X-Men at least.

Not much else though.

And this isn't the first event that is ignorable, i basically missed the entirety of Fear Itself.

at least when peter parker's parents turned out to be american spies or something being held in a commie prison it was interesting. This is just bullshit

You do remember there was also that spinoff where Peter Parker was actually the result of a summer romance love-triangle and cheating, right?

missed that one
man peter's had it rough

That was Mark Millar trying to write a "romance comic", and was sorta said to be canon to the Ultimate line. May turned out to be his mom and went full slut master or some shit… who knows, Millar's a fucking hack. I don't know why Marvel would try to use him of all people to write a romance book, nor why they'd feel the need to write a romance book that was somehow in continuity with anything. It's absurd when you see Marvel try to expand into a genre, because they still rely on tying it to the larger Marvel universe, but they do a shit job anyway so it never matters.

did we EVER have a court battle between she-hulk and daredevil?

How about another Civil War II tie-in? Think this summer event is just too eventful? Tired of comics where something happens? How about a comic that does the opposite! Only $3.99!

I want you all to notice Carol's hair in this and how anons keep pointing out that Marvel artists can't draw it consistently, showing their complete lack of quality control.

You'll forgive me, these two splash pages are very big and I can't post more than just them at a time.

This party's too loud
The lights are too bright
I wish I was home playing video games

Oh, man, what a touching moment here.

So Sam wants to find out about the helmet, so he asks Tony about the helmet, but Tony's too busy doing some actual Civil War II stuff to deal with the helmet so we're gonna have some filler until Sam asks about the helmet, but Tony can't help with the helmet still.

So Nova decides to go look for Tony, but then the mole man attacks and you'll have to wait until next issue until that gets resolved.

For those paying attention

This is comic where nothing conclusive happens and the character just seems to be around other events happening. This is especially annoying considering that the audience knows all the things that Nova doesn't, suchas what Steve and co were talking about at the party and where Tony is. So we're just looking at this dummy meander around. I understand the argument that not every character can be involved in the main plot of the event, but this entire comic should have been like 3 pages. Right now, we're at "Sam doesn't know anything and is off to find Tony." That should be the precursor to issue 1, not the entirety of it.

I'd love if this was all leading up to Nova feeling bullied, and he just shoots up Avengers HQ.

Damn, if there was any PERSONAL weight to anything that happened/didn't happen, this would almost be a comic book. You are correct, the pacing of this comic seems a complete focus on shit that doesn't go anywhere and doesn't matter. I mean, who cares that Mole Man pops up at the end? No one. The only cliffhanger they could think of is a completely unrelated tangent to waste EVEN MORE TIME. Maybe they watched a lot of Seinfeld and said "What if we made a comic that was about NOTHING" and Marvel just said "Sure, that sounds great". It would been more exciting if he just did give up being Nova when his mom asked him, at least then there might be some character development with his family and friends. It's not one of those stories where "Nova is important, but everyone takes him for granted" it honestly seems like Nova isn't important at all, and everyone is treating exactly the way they should.

lol

Is this a serious attempt at a book, or is it a sneaky attempt to just straight up say that the events of Civil War II are SO FUCKING POINTLESS that Sam here has no idea that anything even happened. Nova is so unimportant to this "big event" that he isn't even asked to pick a side, and the "event" is so unimportant to the majority of people, a small time hero WHO IS AN OFFICIAL AVENGER (right?) doesn't know or care that it took place.

All the stuff with Thanos, all the stuff with the Inhumans, all the stuff that will supposedly happen with Hulk, NO ONE OUTSIDE THE HEROES INVOLVED know or care at all that it took place. I mean, no one tells Sam that Rhodey is dead and She-Hulk in critical condition? This all loops back into the only obvious thing the event presents: the heroes need to be better organized and smarter.

I've asked several times if the Registration Act is even still a thing, but no one tells me. I'll just have to assume it was quietly forgotten but no one brings it up

Well, during the events of Civil War I, Tony's side wins when Captain America surrenders after seeing that their fight is doing more harm than good. Captain America is then assassinated on his way to court. The registration act is in full effect with a lot of the heroes like Spider-Man, Wolverine, Luke Cage, and Dr. Strange going underground with their own team of Avengers. Meanwhile, Tony enacts the 50 State Initiative, which means that every state will have a superhero team.

Eventually, there's a secret invasion with the skrulls, a dark reign with Norman Osborn, and a siege laid upon Asgard. Captain America is alive again, I forgot how, saves the day, and as a special favor from the government the registration act is repealed.

Jeez, all that comic did was remind me of how uncomfortable it is being a teenager.
Seriously, what happened?

Well shit, if they just repeal laws for guys saving the fucking world, they should have listened to Steve to begin with!

Thanks though, user, that clears up a lot of confusion I had. It's funny that Carol is exactly the type of incompetence that lead to the Registration Act to begin with.

Not directly Civil War II related, but with all the Marvel heroes entwined in this event, let's see what Mockingbird is up t–okay, that's enough of that

This is awful for all of the typical Marvel reasons, but the fact that these scientists don't know the difference between dissection and vivisection is what really gets to me.

Oh no it will be a dissection after they talk him to death.

HOLY SHIT, I REALLY LIKE THE ARTIST'S STYLE! Mockingbird looks really fucking cute, and if all the words were better and the pacing wasn't shit and, well, the writer has to go entirely, but… I really like the artwork. I don't see why they'd waste a good artist on such a shit writer.

Middle page, bottom panel. I can imagine the script:

It's not sexist to know she's no science terrorist, because if T.I.M. is an offshoot of A.I.M., it would be logical that they share the same taboo about removing their helmets, especially in the presence of an outsider. It was such a big deal that I remember a very early Iron Man story where a member of A.I.M. removed his helmet specifically because to dare to do so established his dominance as leader. Even jokingly in Livewires, another A.I.M. agent berates his coworker for even considering taking his helmet off while they were waiting for a customer. It is a DAMN big deal to these guys.

So has anything important happened yet in CW2 or is it still just a bunch of meaningless random shit Marvel's throwing up against the wall?

Fuck, I just noticed that she calls them sexist even though they have a fucking womens locker room.

to be fair, I, as the audience, have no fucking idea where tony went or why, but thats probably because the only books in this event I've read are the mainline event books, the fisk book and this one.

So there's some mystery there if you read the books out of order or don't buy every event book marvel shits out. I always thought these big events would be handled better if they compiled the books into one big shonen jump style magazine

I am so exhausted by this bullshit.

I wrote two years worth of script during three years of development to make the best product we could. Just two guys on the internet working between bits of college trying to make ends meat.

We got funding. We found an artist. We put our stuff out there. We're busting our asses to get rich of die trying.

And just like when we started THIS BULLSHIT IS BEING MADE BY MAJOR COMPANIES PAYING SOME FUCKHOLE THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS!

WHY. DOES. THIS. EXIST!?

Civil War was a bad fucking idea.
Two major crossover events a year to peddle comic tie ins for movies is a bad idea.
Civil War II is a BAD FUCKING IDEA

And people aren't losing their goddamn jobs over this! AND I CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHY! I know there's money in it for someone and corporate greed is a powerful motivator. I know that on some level the inmates are running the asylum, and that marvel is making its story line decisions more or less by committee which is a horrible fucking idea. But SOMEHOW THEY ARE COMPLETELY UNABLE TO LOOK AT PAST WORK AND DEDUCE THAT IF SOMETHING WAS DUMB THE FIRST TIME ITS GOING TO BE EVEN MORE DUMB THE SECOND TIME!

They should fucking well fire their writing staff and pay me to do the fucking job instead. Then there might be some goddamn sanity in comics.

tl;dr YES. I AM FUCKING SALTY.

You just gotta keep doing your best. Just because Marvel hires hacks doesn't mean they people don't still want good stories.

And yeah, sequel events are pretty much always MUCH worse. Even as a young guy, I loved Infinity Gauntlet. But Infinity War was just so meh, I dropped it after two or three issues. When I saw Infinity Crusade on the shelf a few months later, I just shook my head. And in comparision, Civil War 1 was already retarded. Civil War 2 doesn't even feel like anything is happening. Characters die and such, but it's pointless.

Actually, Civil War was a good idea with terrible execution.

Just like every event that followed it.

I like it

I dont get it

Who's the artist on this? Seems familiar.

Is there a single page where she doesn't complain about sexism?

Wow, marvel find new ways to disgust me.

Oh, they are sexist and science terrorist who had no idea! and she is so clever using neurotoxins and other crap.

I see you haven't join us for the ride yet. Nope, nothing important, just female heroines talking about sexism and male heroes being faggot cucks or plain faggots.

Anyone got anymore tie in comics? I know people tend to focus on the worst of the worst, is everything else just sorta mediocre?

Honestly, I haven't found anything really worth mentioning. Civil War II feels really uneventful compared to Civil War, and…any other comic event.

Maybe I'm just being jaded! So I decided to retread my steps for my fellow anons and look back at The Road to Civil War II. Maybe now we can find some quality comics to look towards! Don't these comics sound interesting?

The fact that Carol puts Ms. Marvel in charge of important shit makes the fact that Sam has NO IDEA anything is wrong for several weeks all the funnier. I'm honestly wondering just how unrelated to Civil War II all these tie ins can get! Do the Ultimates issues at least do SOMETHING with the Thanos stuff to make it not as stupid as the main book?

Sadly, no. Right now Thanos is in a holding cell and the Ultimates are just morning Rhodey's death. In fact, the issues showed even less Thanos stuff than the main book did. Right now, the only comic that detailed the most major point in Civil War II was a throwaway free comic book for Free Comic Book Day.

She-Hulk related, filename answers the question.

Ulysses is just a modern derivative of Odysseus.

She Hulk number 9 by Charles Soule. The art is atrocious & the story stupid.

Civil War could have been brilliant with Stark & co hadn't acted like psychotic children. I would love to have seen the political intrigue that would have occurred during a compromise.

Failing that, the aftermath of the civil war had great potential; would former friends and allies ever trust/work together again after trying to kill each other?

Wait, hold up, why is Captain America on the side of the dyke on that cover? Wouldn't he be against this kind of profiling?

Wut?

Let's take a closer look at another eventful, fun-filled Civil War II tie in! This time it's the continuing adventures of Ms. Marvel! I wonder where she will fall into this whole debate.

Let's not.

But first a little emotional prelude from some other people. You could call this overly-dramatic unnecessary filler meant to use cheap emotional plight in lieu of storytelling, but you could also be a dirty liar, you filthy-mouthed liar.

user, the artists and writers are getting paid pennys compared to the writers and drawers that left.

Anyways, enough of that. Carol wants Khamala to act as a supervisor / liason to a group of volunteer researchers looking to test the validity of Ulysses' predictions.

That reminds me–the issue of Spider-Woman I mentioned earlier–Carol has her investigating smaller Ulysses visions too. I wonder if Carol gives this job to a lot of people so Marvel writers don't have to actually rope characters into Civil War II, but have the books still be considered tie-ins because they're investigating a random vision.

So the volunteer researchers are these disgusting hipster kids. It's pretty apparent what stance Ms. Marvel is going to end up taking when the researchers are presented as crude for saying that New Jersey has a high crime rate.

Is Marvel trying to tell me that's low-key racism or something? I'm still not sure. I read the page 8 times to make sure I didn't miss anything and I still don't get it.

I'd fuck Khamala.

Oh hey, the precog's future prediction came true. Strange, that.

The criminal who stole the tank tries to argue that it's not fair play to arrest him until the premonition of the massive explosion plays out.

Afterwards, at home, Khamala's black friend Tyesha decides to say it wasn't fair to arrest Hijinx, despite the fact that he stole a tank. If you needed some ham-handed guilt tripping to let you know how you're supposed to feel, Tyesha explains that profiling is wrong because it sent a whole generation of kids to jail instead of college and that criminals need saving too.

Oh, I see… a Civil War… ahhhh…

Okay,so as someone who knows nothing about Ms Marvel beyond the fact that she's a Muslim, why exactly does this seem to be stating that she was born in 1947/8? Because she certainly doesn't look or sound 68.

Doesn't arresting people for crimes they haven't done massively violate civil rights and require you to be able to use the word of Ulysses to win cases in a court of law?

And since when did the predictions work off of maths? Ulysses was having visions, he was predicting creatures he didn't know just happening to pop by to destroy the Earth and seeing them succeed. He wasn't simply predicting that person x has a 99% chance of doing y at time z. Unless they're claiming that the guy is subconciously omniscient and been subconciously sifting through all the data in reality to produce snapshots of potential events in the future for no reason. And if that was the case then how the hell could Danvers tell the difference between that and magic?

I think she's upset that they implied she can't do her job well? Though super heros rarely tend to be about preventing as opposed to stopping crime…

…Why is she so down? She just saved the day by plucking some guy out of a tank before he could do much more than theft and property damage? Did something happen in between panels that didn't get referenced here because Marvel honestly thinks people are going to buy all the comics?

Basically nothing happened in that whole story and this entire event seems to be full of people doing things solely so there can even be an event rather than "oh this guy has a potentially OP superpower! Lets study it carefully and not start arresting people because this guy talked shit about them!

Ms. Marvel apprehends someone for thinking about crime, but she gets called away, as Ulysses says that a new suspect needs apprehending! I wonder if this surprise twist will be a surprise to anyone!

Ohhh noo the next future suspect is Khamala's friend! Now Ms. Marvel will see the direct consequences of future profiling! I never saw something like this coming, especially in the previous pages of the character yelling "You should be thinking better thoughts!" while her minority friend tells her it's wrong.

What exactly are her powers? Is she basically Elastigirl? Does that mean on top of making her hands big, she can make her pussy tighter? I mean it's probably plenty tight since she's so youn… I'm gonna stop.

What? I mean, I stole A FUCKING TANK and drove it all over the city causing an untold amount of damage. They got him AFTER he committed a series of crimes! HE'S A FUCKING CRIMINAL. It doesn't matter why he did it, STEALING A TANK is something they have every reason to arrest him for. He's the leader of SMUGGLING RING. I don't understand how the writer got to this point and said "yeah, that's makes sense!"

If they had jumped him BEFORE he stole the tank, that would be a totally different story. Ya know, if he wasn't probably already wanted for other crimes. If they raided his house the night before and illegally seized his plans for tank theft, sure, a story. But NOTHING about what they did is different than if someone rang them up on the Avengers hotline and said "Some Canadian asshole dressed like a ninja ran my car over with a tank". Nothing except it was called in early and NO ONE DIED.

This "event" is getting more retarded with every page I read.

Okay, so we go from Ms. Marvel being all down and pouty about DOING OBJECTIVELY THE RIGHT THING, and then the very next page she is ARRESTING SOMEONE BEFORE THEY COMMIT A CRIME, THE EXACT WRONG THING. She just had this talk with her friend earlier, wouldn't a well written, thought out character try to approach this from a different angle. Here, I will write a BETTER PAGE right now:

Panel 1: Establishing shot of the street
Ms. Marvel (narration): Maybe Ulysses is a robot. Cold, perfect, infallible. No human could be right all the time.
Panel 2: Criminal to be about to enter Jewelry place and rob it.
Ms. Marvel (narration): I've been staking out crime scenes to be, waiting for perps who haven't committed crimes yet. My talk with Tyesha makes me wonder if I have to do this the same way each time.
Panel 3: Criminal to be about to enter, his attention is drawn off panel as he's opening the door.
Ms. Marvel (off panel): Don't.
Panel 4: Over shoulder of criminal, Ms. Marvel standing there, commanding but passive hero pose.
Ms. Marvel: Whatever your reason, no matter how much you think this is worth it. Just don't rob this place.
Panel 5: Criminal obviously scared, Ms. Marvel confident, with her hand out, palm up and open.
Criminal: How… I mean, I wasn't…
Ms. Marvel: Give me the gun.
Panel 6: Ms. Marvel crushes gun, looks directly forward, toward the reader.
Ms. Marvel: Go home. I'll know if you try something like this again, and I won't be as merciful. Understood?

There, that's how you write a FUCKING HERO in this situation, without hamfistedly changing her mind or making her betray her idol Captain Marvel. I DO THIS SHIT FOR FREE, NIGGAS.

The one real compliment I'll give this book is the panel where she rolls over the bus is really cute. It's a small part, but it helps give a feeling that she's a real community minded hero that the local people like. Kinda like who I loved the Flash episode of JLU where everyone in the city knew and loved Flash on a level that felt really personal. So despite my myriad of complaints, it's not all bad.

It really was out of character for her to suddenly start manhandling some guy even though she was skeptical of future profiling the previous day. She was purposefully ignoring proper procedure so she could be written into the anti-profile camp. The same reason why everyone was skeptical over the arrest of the tank thief even though he stole a tank.

I'm guess it's a shit writer thing where they can't show the consequence of future profiling without the hero suddenly beating someone up while the victim yells "But I was only just thinking about crime! You're arresting me for thought crime! If I was in an argument with you over future profiling, I would use this as an example not to use it!"

If you can't praise the writing or artwork or anything, but you just thought that one panel was cute

I like the art well enough. Carols hair even seemed to be a SINGLE STYLE for every page she was on. It didn't suddenly go up, change sides, or become an entirely different look. And Ms. Marvel is honestly cute throughout, but I particularly like that one panel. I don't fucking know how she works though, so I can't say how much mass she has when she's big. That all said, I don't like the core way Ms. Marvel looks when she uses her powers, the big Wreck It Ralph hands look fucking retarded. So points down on the basics of her character design. I'd love to see the artist paired with a better artist, just like I would like for the artist on Mockingbird here

I mean, Marvel does have a fair share of shitty artists, but it seems to have MANY MORE shitty writers. How do you even get hired by Marvel? We should all just apply.

It's been speculated in a few threads that the hipster Marvel clique is in league with the Comics Alliance hipster clique. So you got people in power at Marvel hiring their buddies, which is how some real shit artists seem to be getting jobs at Marvel as long as they have the right political opinions and twitter followers.

How the fuck did CA get so much clout? 20 years ago, hell even 10 years ago noone would have paid any fucking attention to them.

The only thing I can see that's remarkable about them is that they're ultimately owned by an investment firm (if you go up the corporate food chain).

I'd argue that Marvel hiring artists that aren't strictly "house style" has more to do with them trying to appeal to the Image crowd. In a way they really want to apply the Marvel Knights aesthetic to at least a few low-risk books to milk the Image hipster crowd for all its worth.

OMAE WA MO SHINDEIRU

What is "your stuff"? Do you have any links to your material?

marsproject.black/

We still aren't perfect. We've learned a lot through the process and are still improving, but goddamn if I don't feel I'm better than what the shills are putting out.

Not the guy you asked, but neat. I'll try to give it a full look later.

I just wanna see someone storytime the Falcon Cap Tie In, because that's when Spencer goes full BLM "woke" fag.

Devil's Advocate here: Honestly, this sounds like how Superman would handle it. Or Batman. You know, an experienced hero?

A teenage muslim girl with doubts would compartimentalize and just act as usual until all the conflicting thoughts were solved, like she did. Not very heroic, I know.

But she didn't act as she did. She grabbed someone who hasn't done anything yet while yelling how he was thinking the wrong thoughts. See, because future profiling is wrong. Future profiling in practice works and works completely, but the anti-argument has to be made, so you have the sympathetic black girl blabbing about boo hoo racism, even though this is a completely different method of profiling and how apprehending the tank thief before the tank blew up is wrong, even though the guy stole a tank. It's so unsubtle and hamhanded, I can't accept it in any capacity.

I'm wondering the same thing myself, all these tie ins don't really move the plot forward (not like there's a plot to begin with but let's for the sake of argument pretend that there is) it's just more soap box bullshit about how racism is bad and how women are oppressed and blah blah blah blah!

I'd see your point, but the writer put this DIRECTLY after she receives her friends (very hamfisted) talk about how what she's doing is bad (even though stopping the tank was objectively the right thing to do no matter what, because a crime was already committed and lives where clearly saved). If she was roughing up would be shoplifters before that, I'd agree, overzealous kid, drunk with the feeling of doing right and the need to impress her idol. I'd totally understand this characterization if the order of things was fixed up. But having her friend say she's going too far, and then have her go clearly further into busting up thought crime makes her look like she doesn't think about her own actions much, and she doesn't really value her friend's opinion. Which she shouldn't, because there is no scenario where stopping the tank was morally wrong

It's funny, in a cynical, frustrating way. The whole "future-profiling" plot always has a nice bit of potential, and there is the slightest glimmer of an interesting plot here. But holy shit, this is mindbogglingly bad. It's like watching 9/11 footage in slow motion. I can't even get mad at this; it's all too dumbfounding for me to get angry at.

It's mostly because the writers know that "it's an interesting idea" but have no idea WHY. Like someone could tell them moral questions would be raised, but none of them know what exactly those moral questions are. And it's just comical to think that this is a big deal, because the the last event by this name went so far retarded that you can never top it. Civil War 1 had them throwing heroes being shot at for not registering, and then being THROWN INTO ANOTHER DIMENSION. Civil War II? Oh, Ms. Marvel might wrongfully arrest a guy, he'll will probably be let off unless he broke the terms of his parole or something. They made Reg side so fucking evil in CW1 that Carol AND Tony seem like saints in CW2. Which makes more sense, there is no reason for anyone to be fighting over this minor thing, but then how is it an event? I just don't get what they're going for, and it's not compelling. It's just a trainwreck, a slow one, and you're mildly curious what direction it'll flip in.

Did Civil War 1 have plot holes this big? Like, I know they seriously fucked up some characters. But was the plot itself so ramshackle? Because I'm sitting here going, "my god, how the hell do you write plot holes this big?". I know that Marvel lives and breathes on spectacular bullshit at this point, but this narrative is so broken it feels intentional.

Not this big. I mean, the Registration Act made no fucking sense and apparently would be portrayed wildly different from tie in to tie in, and the entire event was well past any form of internal consistency, but you knew WHY they were pushing it they way they were. It forced the stupid fights to happen. Here, I mean… what's the problem? If Ulysses is genuine (and we have to toss out all other precogs to even care) then, just work out the legislation for everything. Say heroes can't intervene until after a crime is committed for offenses without injury or loss of life, devote more resources to mental healthcare and rehabilitation, form a system to match heroes appropriately to match threats instead of sending fucking Dazzler to fight Thanos. Maybe I'm silly because all this doesn't seem like hard to figure out to me. There shouldn't be a part down the line where Tony and Carol are punching eachother in the face, unless they invent the most contrived and stupid one possible.

All that said, I fucking hated Civil War 1. And now that I hear the Registration Act is long gone, it's basically just another waste of time event where nothing mattered at all.

And that's what really gets to me: this whole damn event (which has thus far been so underwhelming that no one save a little over a dozen people seem to care) is founded on a gaping plot hole. Hell, the conflict hasn't even really been about future profiling. All the friction between Tony and Carol is really about how she utilized Ulysses' power in what might be the stupidest possible way, got Rhodey killed, and put She-Hulk at death's door. But then the whole narrative just carries on, with Tony kidnapping Ulysses in order to bring the plot back on track.

Goddamn, I know comic writing isn't typically regarded as aiming for the moon, but this "shitty-fanfiction" tier bad.

Exactly. I don't get why Tony doesn't ASK to study the kid more before things go crazy, I don't get why Carol didn't call heavy hitters if she had 3 hours of set up time, I don't understand why anyone (except Kingpin) is doing any of what they're doing. Hell, if the heroes have the means and time between (apparently) stopping every and all crime before it happens to hassle Kingpin, why can't they just have someone FOLLOW HIM? You don't need a precog to say "tailing Wilson Fisk is a safe bet", and it will lead to evidence that will actually matter in court.

It makes me think of that What If Civil War story where they just talk things out. And Steve and Tony just say "I'm glad we worked this out" "Yeah, me, too.". It's hilarious because it's the most LOGICAL CONCLUSION. I honestly do need a precog to tell me how they'll get to the stupid point where Tony and Carol are bloodied and chocking eachother.

Oh shit what if the ending is just Tony accepting that Ulysses is right, and Ulysses predicts that Tony being on Earth will get them all killed. That's why he's gone and Riri and Doom both become Iron Man.

That would be entirely too sensible for what we've seen thus far, sadly. My guess is that Ulysses' visions are coming from some top tier villain in order to get all the heroes to go at one another, which everyone will do because [BIG GAPING PLOT HOLES]. It's either that, or Ulysses screws something up and has to make a "heroic sacrifice", restoring the status quo.

Watch the whole event be a copout, and Ulysses sees that his existence will cause all this to happen, so he kills himself before it does. Making THE ENTIRE EVENT A DREAM

That is, with no exaggeration, the stupidest thing I've heard all day. And yet, sounds almost plausible. Goddamn it, user.

Actually, no need for plotholes.

Ulysses can recieve telepathic images, or has an inhuman mutation thats so trivial it just marks him as inhuman (lets say, his toenail is too thick type deal). A precog villain associated with a telepath could keep sending images to Ulysses, making it looks like Ul is a precog.

The [BIG GAPING PLOT HOLES] was more in reference to all the characters choosing to act in fashions without any rational cause. A poor choice a words on my part.
However, that is a neat explanation you came up with, and I think this miscommunication has been a net gain. The power of telepathic networking feels rather novel.

Ideas are dime a dozen; execution is what matters.

As in, I'm sure we woulsnt be having this conversation if Miss Marvel's black friend was able to make the point she actually wanted without making it sound like she supports grand theft military hardware, but hey. Execution.

Yeah. This COULD be made into an at least passable story. I mean, it could at least actually support the message it's trying to make or raise the questions it wants in a reasonable, sensible manner. But they have Ms. Marvel get berated on the morals of stopping a crime in progress and saving a shitton of lives, and then show her attempting to arrest a guy for pure thought crime right after. It's just bad story telling.

Whats saddest is that telepaths CAN do this kind of thing, but Marvel seems to just never use it for any reason.

Coming off the very hamhanded ties to racism off that Ms. Marvel tie-in, what we could all use is some more Civil War II tie-ins, this time with the All-New, All-Different Captain America!

Now, in my personal opinion, and I believe the majority of Holla Forums as a whole, I have no real problem with diversity. The main character being replaced by someone who looks different from them has been happening in comics forever. It's a way to generate sales, albeit a little artificially.

It's the context of diversity, the who and whys, where it gets a little muddy to outright repulsive. I firmly believe that if Sam Wilson became the new Captain America when he was shot at the end of Civil War I, no one would care. But the fact that it's happening now, during this big push of "No more white men" "Diversity diversity diversity" coupled with the racial tension in this country, it feels like a hollow, shameless, panderous, and generally unpleasant marketing decision.

But, me being an idiot, I decided to keep an open mind. As long as it's written well, Sam Wilson being Captain America shouldn't be a problem.

It was not written well. It was very hamhanded over the race issue, and as a result no one liked Sam. That would signal a writer to ease a bit over the 'poor black man struggling in this white world' stuff, considering that the most technological advanced and influential country in the Marvel world is an African nation, but Nick Spencer is powered by sheer liberal white guilt, so that means that the comic frequently has little interludes where evil white men yell that Sam shouldn't be Captain America since he's a niggy wiggy and blacks can't be superhero.

But that won't happen here, I bet!

Hey, it looks like Sam has to deal with internet bullies a protest saying that he should no longer be Captain America. A protest that is entirely comprised of older, whiter men. I'm pretty sure this is purely coincidental.

Meanwhile, a new government idea is born in the AmeriCops, a team of goosestepping faceless stormtroopers comprised entirely of white men to enforce law and order for the sake of America. I wonder where the story will go with this?!

Sam Wilson can't deal with that horseshit, though. Everyone's pretty shaken up over Jim Rhodey's death, and the funeral's today.

Heeeeereee we gooooo

Okay… I immediately don't understand this. So we have, what? Conservative types that don't approve of having two Caps? Why would they fucking care? STEVE IS LIBERAL AS FUCK, so whatever Sam does would have to be pants on head retarded for anyone to consider him some sorta loose cannon in comparison to the man who fought on the losing side of the Registration Act just (let's see, adjust for sliding time scale… carry the two…) several minutes ago. Now if you had a shitton of Conservatives lined up saying they want JOHN MUTHA FUCKING WALKER to take up the shield again, I'd believe it.

And I'll read more, but this super cop thing already sounds idiotic. The public in Marvel doesn't trust the powered heroes they have now, there is NO WAY a fucking public push for super powered cops would pass without riots in the streets.

Why would Nick Fury and Black Panther give that much of a shit over Rhodey? And I thought Nick Fury was missing, too. It seems really odd not to mention terribly hokey that all the black heroes come to together and are the most shaken up because the person that died was also black. Black people aren't a collective hivemind, at least not until there's free food involved.

Well that's just fucking rich, isn't it? So what's the intended implication here: That none of the white heroes give a shit, or that all the black heroes are having a special "no-non-black-people" meeting?

… this is the single most racist shit I've ever seen in my life. I'm pretty sure Rhodey barely ever talked to most of these people. But they're his "family" because HE WAS FUCKING BLACK?

Jim Rhodes was never a fucking token black guy. Not many people know, but Happy Hogan and Pepper Potts were SHIT SUPPORTING CAST early on. Within a few years of trying, they were ditched from Iron Man. Then they tried Agent Jasper Sitwell… no one fucking cared. Then Rhodey came along, and he's been an amazing, fleshed out, beloved character for DECADES. Not because just because he was "Black Iron Man", because they put the work into making him a character, one of the best. This cheapens him, this cheapens the work of every writer and artist who ever put the time and effort into telling a Rhodey story. This one splash page fills me with disgust.

This whole stupid, racist thing can be saved if T'Challa's reason for not joining the Illuminati was because he was already a founding member for the BLACK ILLUMINATI

Well, it looks like Sam has to deliver the eulogy, but he's not sure he can do it!

okay Marvel.

So Jim's eulogy basically ends up being how he was black and inspiring. Ms. Marvel cries despite probably never meeting the dude, Misty tries to stifle back laughter, and holy shit they cannot draw Carol's hair

I do appreciate Sam's rationality and relative levelheadedness in this scenario, even if the scenario itself is silly bullshit.

Would Blade honestly care about race beyond the distinction between Vampire/not a Vampire? I'll admit, I haven't read that many Blade books, so maybe he does care.

Frank Castle was black for a while, why isn't he here? What are the requirements beyond being black? How old does Miles have to be before he can join? I have serious questions about this whole fucking retarded concept.

What a beautiful ceremony. But back home things are heating up with the AmeriCops' (Yes, their names are the AmeriCops) oppressive treatment of the black populace!

"Well, that was corny and not very good, but at least it can't get worse."

Ohhhhohoh

NOT MUH CAP

You know what really funny, I'd bet that if Sam had undergone a rebranding as "The Eagle" or some shit when he took up the shield that no one would have given a shit. Hell, that makes way more sense, even in-universe. How often do established heroes permanently adopt other heroes mantles?

sure is lovely how they are dehuminizing police. There really should be some legal action taken over this.

Why is Marvel stealing characters from the Super Best Friends?

It's honestly a good speech, and while Rhodey did help look out for his fellow blacks, it was far from the only thing he did in life. He was a great hero, and most of the new characters will never be has good as him. Ever.

Sam actually is portrayed pretty well, but everyone and everything going on around him is retarded. But him not immediately being portrayed as a horrible person is, sadly, unusual from what I've seen on recent Marvel books. But his portrayal doesn't overcome how stupid and contrived the rest of it feels.

What the fuck is up with these 9 foot tall Pillar Men tier cops?
Is this how liberals really see the police?

The militant, oppressive police force, the AmeriCops (Nick Spencer you genius writer you) is using their over excessive force to harm the black community!

You might wonder how an actual police military that styled to look like a mix between nazis and Cobra Commander ever got passed through government and then actually distributed in such a short amount of time. You're no doubt white and not an enlightened intellectual like Nick Spencer.

This is why they do most things through the lense of mutant rights, instead of just making it straight up "police vs. black people". Because it's just REALLY DISRESPECTFUL. It doesn't make sense in universe that the people of the Marvel universe would every allow for enhanced cops, that police brutality wouldn't be as easy to document as it is in our world of cellphones, and that no heroes would have already stepped in and opposed these things if they are beating people up. Fuck, for one thing, if these Americops are brutalizing people, don't they have a PRECOG WHO SEES ALL CRIME? None of this makes sense in universe, it is extra tasteless after the sniper shit in Dallas, and it's just… who cares? Obviously they'll be like "these super cops go too far!" and then a fight, and then it'll be over. Because people only would approve shit like the Sentinel program because that just effects MUTANTS and fuck mutants. You're telling me the white majority hates blacks enough to let enhanced terminators patrol the streets? That simply wouldn't happen. At all.

How can this be happening at the same time that Ulysses is sending Ms. Marvel to stake out petty thefts? Is Ulysses a racist?

Is that the entire point of the event? A racist precog?

Sam also works with a goony beard man and someone who is a bird man because he got a blood transfusion from Sam's bird

You see, Ulysses is so not racist he doesn't see black people committing crimes, that's why he's only telling Carol about the white criminals.

>You got into this because you got a blood transfusion from my bird.
What, is his bird magical or radioactive or something?

I have… several questions. First off… blood transfusion from a bird? What the fuck is this?

Second, people AVOIDING IRON MAN'S DISTRESS CALL, because he might lecture them. Does he not see how fucking petty that makes all the other heroes look? "Oh, no, Tony might have a DIFFERENT OPINION THAN ME, I can't go help him in a fight!" What if he was in real danger? This is Mark Millar levels of "What if everyone was an ASSHOLE".

Between these generic cyberninjas and the Canadian ninja in Ms. Marvel, are they just done using real villains? Did they forget they have actual in universe stuff they could be fighting? Did everyone just watch Daredevil season 2, realize they can't write a comic as good as a show BASED ON A COMIC, and just hope that ninjas will be something people love? I just don't get it, even mild editing would get rid of so many problems. It wouldn't make these great, and giant plotholes seem to be all this event has, but they could put a little more effort in.

Sam is talking Ulysses with both Tony and Carol, and here's the 'bad writing' thing that seems to keep popping up in these tie ins.

Civil War at it's core is all about an argument with two really good points that divides the Marvel Community. To this day, I'm still pro-registration. The problems with Civil War is how these two points are then written poorly and enforced poorly.

But Civil War II doesn't have a very good argument. If this kid can see crime and natural disasters before they happen then it's not immoral to step in before people actually die. No one sane is going to argue that we shouldn't follow the 100% correct future vision because it's not fair to the guy who hasn't killed anyone yet but was going to.

But there needs to be reasoning to the anti-side, so because Marvel is full of bad writers, Ulysses suddenly can't see the future, but only predicts it through some sort of algorithm which can be altered by racism and social media posts, yes I'm fucking serious.

This makes no fucking sense at all considering these aren't hunches, but visions of the future. What's the probability average of a celestial attacking? Did Ulysses base his 'Canadian ninja hijacks a tank' vision off of a social media post and his hatred for Canadians? To say that these visions are just…algorithms is some stupid shit.

The negative repercussions of future visions are pulled out of Marvel's ass and change the whole dynamic of the argument entirely. If Ulysses has a chance of being wrong, then no, don't use him. There's a reason why courts don't just submit everyone to a polygraph and move on.

A very simple easy compromise can be found, and that is to just stake out things Ulysses brings up and take action when need be, not just bring the hammer down on anyone who he points at. That's what people would do if they were written as rational and forward thinking.

Wait, what? "We were attacked"? As I understand it Thanos was quietly tooling around looking for a cosmic cube. I don't recall him busting in anywhere. I don't recall him slaughtering people in their dozens. In matter of point I recall him saying "you're not supposed to be here", as if surprised that Carol Danvers and the second-string quintet showed up. People who then, ironically enough, did not identify themselves and the government they represent, did not read him his rights as far as we know, because they were arresting him for a crime he hadn't committed yet. If anything Thanos was defending himself and Rhodes got killed because Carol fucked up. HOW DO YOU TURN THAT INTO A 9/11 PARABLE!?

So Sam officially comes out as Anti-Future Profile. But enough about that, Nick Spencer needs his good boy points so back to the racism thing.

Are they trying to make her look like some dumb brute?

So the stormtroopers dressed in police uniforms who are named AmeriCops (who are not a stand in for the police from a liberal hack don't think that) are now arresting young innocent black men who actually proclaim they didn't do nothing.

Nick Spencer Rage tells the AmeriCops that arresting criminals is good, but going after innocent people just trying to get by via illegally selling cigarettes and DVDs means racism.

Surge Enforcement is what my child's name will be.

Wait, anyone willing to tell me why Carol is allowed at Jim Rhodes funeral after she caused his death?

Looks like Sam is going to take the fight to the AmeriCops! I wonder if Nick Spencer is going to change his tune next issue after with what happened in Dallas.

By that I mean I wonder if Sam is going to continuously punch an AmeriCop named Dallas while shouting that he's getting what he deserves.

Because funerals in comic books are sacrosanct. It would be uncouth to deny someone the right to say goodbye. Unless of course you're some mouthy bitch whose going to slap someone and accuse them of something. Y'know, like happened in Civil War One.

Also they needed their tokens since nobody white, with the exception of Steve Rogers, has every known or cared about Jim Rhodes and what few crackers do show up at his funeral must be inked with vague brown colors so they vanish into the sea of black people. Which is why its totally not racist that all the main line black superheroes got together in secret to talk about his eulogy. Not cherry picking at all. Nope. Nosiree.

Tune in next month when it gets even more hammy and US Agent appears!

Since apparently we all care about US Agent!

I'm finding it increasingly hard to believe this is a print comic and not something someone found on Tumblr. Especially considering the shitty art.

And see, that's the thing. If Ulysses' power is virtually infallible and there isn't any strings attached, then yes, he absolutely should be listened to. If it isn't then listening to him is about as foolhardy as anything can be. There isn't any sensible discussion to be had here.

Funny, that. Thanos dindu nuffin, we was a good boi who's being held unlawfully.

Matter of point before the bullshit that was the end of the Marvel Universe he was trying to find some redemption. Then they had Thanos just straight up murdering everyone just because. And now that he's survived the end of everything wouldn't he have a clean slate? New world, new rules? But nah, everyone remembers him as the cosmic villain so lets punch him in the face!

Hey, US Agent's cool as fuck!

Since issue 1 came out, I've said that if it goes to trial, Thanos will win. Without Jennifer to handle the legal side of it, the Ultimates have no chance in court.

The fucking Chitauri? Seriously? Have they been desperately stealing these guys from the movie for a while now, or just started?

Sounds about right. Perfect portrayal of Teenage decision making.

Why super heroes go to funerals in costume? This is disrespectful as fuck.

Damn, really? That's some shit.

It makes sense if we're talking about heroes with secret identities. In that case, you would be going as your heroic persona because that is how the public knows your relationship.
Otherwise, yeah, that's fucked up.

Public funeral, most people are public figures as superheroes. It's reasonable that it is socially acceptable and expected in a world of heroes, especially when honoring one of their own and I don't mean "one of their own" as in BLACK

This is like wrestlers going to a funeral in costume because the dude who died is also a wrestler.

If a wrestler's civilian identity was a secret kept for the safety of their friends and family (or for whatever reason, really) then yes, this is exactly like that. Otherwise it's terribly tacky and silly.

This doesn't apply even for most super-heroes in these funerals. I understand Spider-Man and Daredevil, but Can't Doctor Strange put a fucking suit or Tony Stark take of the armor?

hence the second half of my statement.Most of those heroes are just being cheeky cunts.

Police attend funerals for their fellow officers in uniform.

In actual street cops uniforms?

Do shocktroopers attend to funerals in full armor too?

Woolies create a wrestler is now a marvel character? The zaibatzu is coming up in the world.

Yes actually.
Comics probably do it to help make the costumes seem more like a uniform and less goofy (doesn't really work) and as a bit of fan service when you see your favorite obscure character in the background.

Plus there's the fact that villains could figure out who heroes are or attack them without their armor and/or gadgets.

Tony isn't even there!

At this point they might as well throw zubaz in their too as an Americop

I know but would bringing the person responsible for his death not more likely to cause a whole lot of tension and might even potentially cause problems?

I know it's Marvel but this is really not logical even for them!

Im gonna do some devil advocating here.

Its pretty clear the writer is trying to show the same issue – clarivoyance – from two different angles, and explain in a way the liberal mind can understand.

The liberal mind cant understand pre-crime nor has ever read or watched Minority Report, it seems, so Tony translates his issue to profiling; Ulysses isnt looking into another reality, he isnt being fed lies by a telepath.

He is basically, profiling reality itself down to a personal level.

And Tony cant trust that.
And Tony cant trust that this isnt the thing thats happening.
And Tony has seen cosmic shit. For all he knows, Ulysses is some Beyonder 2.0 level of power.

I think you give them too much credit.

Last time they did Civil War Tony was supposed to be the good guy. After thirty years of "the mutant registration act is bad" we were supposed to blindly accept that "a superhero registration act is good" as a parable to the debate between the need for freedom and the need for security in a post 9/11 world.

Except rather than use an actual terror attack, even a super terror attack, they had a group of kids - actively in the wrong being idiots - attack a bunch of villains in the suburbs and blow up a school and a truck load of nuns, so Tony could get on his high horse about responsibility as if captain flies by drunk could ever be considered some sort of paragon of responsibility. Then as they made the registration side more and more fantastically fascist were completely confused that their reading population didn't agree with them!

Somehow we didn't think that "FUTURISM!" and using math to justify concentration camps because "WE'RE PREDICTING BEHAVIOR! REED SAID SO!" was acceptable. So you've got heroes being evil, actually evil, and heroes being retarded because apparently Steve Rogers doesn't believe enough in the American people to be a conscientious objector and go to super jail while railing against Tony's corrupt system, he has to surf a harrier jet and get a bunch of people killed enacting some kind of underground railroad because "you move"

So now we have Civil War Too: Electric Boogaloo. And we can't have Tony be the bad guy because everyone loves Robert Downey Junior. So because he was the bad guy by accident last time, Marvel NEEDS to make Iron Man THE GOOD GUY this time. No matter how belligerent he acts. No matter how much he escalates a situation. No matter how fucking retarded it is. No matter how easily a lot of this could be resolved by sitting down and having a mature conversation and putting those supposed business skills to use selling people on his beliefs, nah Tony is just going to kidnap a kid and "torture him" by flicking him in the ear because a bunch of diodes and scanning your brain without "muh consent" is totally the same as Guantanamo.

And whose our bad guy? Why Miss Marvel! Another long standing drunk with bad judgement leading a team of second string nobodies against THANOS without backup. And after they do a dumb and Tony is butt hurt, we need to COMPOUND it with goose stepping super nazis representing anyone who doesn't agree with our regressive leftist overlords, having diversity characters rammed down our throats, and ULYSSES! THE PLOT CONTRIVANCE WHO CAN SEE THE FUTURE! Because, not even no one in the reading public, but NO ONE IN THE MARVEL UNIVERSE HAS EVER SEEN MINORITY REPORT! NO ONE REMEMBERS ANY EVENTS THAT HAPPENED TEN YEARS AGO! AND NO ONE, EVER, HAS ANY ACCOUNTABILITY FOR THEIR ACTIONS.

If it was actually about the inaccuracy of the future seeing powers, and more of a collected intellectual adventure while trying to keep the kid safe from actual villains like Doctor Doom who might want to use his powers for super crime? THAT would be a story worth having.

This is just…bad.

Those are Ms. Marvel's parents.

If it wasn't written this horribly by hacks and Marvel wasn't as retarded as they are, could this story have been tolerable?

Somewhere out there, a /fit/izen flies into a homicidal berserker rage and doesn't know why.

I think the core idea of the event is retarded. I think I could write a story focused on Ulysses (who is somehow more important than other other precog ever) but I'd probably have a more personal story, and villains involved from moment one seeking his power. If I had to push Carol, she is shown proof of his power, and trusts him, and in a villain attack to get him, she takes him away and is swept up in a series of visions that warn of the world being destroyed. This will put her at odds with the heroes as well, as Ulysses says one of their own will cause the downfall of them all. She'll gather a close group of allies, but other see her as crazy. Focus on Carol and Ulysses, who would have to be a real character, because I would eventually put in the possibility that all of this is somehow caused by a subconscious need for attention on his part.

Eventually we could get to Carol being forced to do really insane things like work with villains, because it's the only way to get what is needed or set in motion the things needed to save the world. I'd probably have the final confrontation between Tony and Carol, where she believes the only way to save the world is to kill Tony, who I will have firmly established as a real friend to her. I'm not paid to write this, so I won't bother figuring out the exact details, but then I'd spring a reveal: the events that lead to the world destruction could only have been set up due to Carol's attempts to stop the world from being destroyed. A self fulfilling prophecy, Carol has become a slave to fate, and has to decide between believing in the future, or believing in her friends.

I'm sure some of that will come up in the event (such as Ulysses saying disaster will be caused by a hero), but the whole set up so far is total shit.

They're hipsters and they're disgusting indeed. I'd fuck the ginger though.

Why are they on the field, though? They're non-powered humans.

In 1947?

Oh, and if the higher ups forced me to kill Rhodey, I'd save it for the end. The entire event would focus a lot on Rhodey caught between his best friend and the woman he loves. I'd make sure a lot of it remained a personal story, and tie ins would be others caught up in Carol's vision driven quest. So yeah, it could be salvaged if it was a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT STORY.

SUGAR
SUGAR
SUGAR
SUGAR
SUGAR
SUGAR
SUGAR
SUGAR
SUGAR

Certainly seems to be how people over at West 50th seem to view them.

Also that last Carol page was dangerously close to WORDS WORDS WORDS.

at this point I'm surprised there are normies left in the marvel universe.

I just kind of assume every person has some sort of superpower or superskill.

this might be the final proof I need to know that no one at marvel knows how to write ANYTHING anymore.

The art is fine.

I guess English isn't your first language, huh?

hnnnnnnnng

They demonized someone trying to do the right thing and stop crime as a brutal bigot unfairly targeting black people. Where does that sound familiar?

So, Americop is what the Punisher would be if he kept being a cop?

Why they didn't team up yet? two former cop vigilantes not afraid to kill criminals.

>>>Holla Forums

So, due to Secret Wars, did Cap just forget he fought this guy? Otherwise I'm sure he'd mention it to someone. The description does sound like he was your average loose cannon vigilante; brutal but not racially motivated. He was created by Mark Gruenwald, so I'd actually be interested in seeing a storytime of his first three issue appearance if anyone has access to it. Issue 428 here being his first issue.

Worse! Rhodes' actual family isn't there! Where are his mother and niece?

I thought it meant he stole their cash after he beat them up, something Frank does regularly.

They were beaten and detained by the Americops?

Yeah, that's the impression I got as well.

Yeah, to buy more guns and bullets to kill more drug dealers. Frank's not Santa Claus, he can't return the money to everyone it rightfully goes to, and he probably hides some away in case he has to leave a lot of gear in a quick escape and needs to start over again. The Punisher and other vigilantes like him need a steady flow of income to keep up the business of murdering criminals. Think the Punisher combat van runs on hopes and vengence?

I suppose the alternative is burning it?

Why not both?

Steal it then burn it? Burn it and steal the ashes?

I'm pretty sure Frank does burn anything he can't carry. So he normally just takes a dufflebag full of drug money, and then burns the rest.

I'd like to think if I was a drug dealer killing vigilante, I'd donate some of the money to good causes. Give back to the community.

Sounds decent enough.

Let's get this out of the way.

Apparently, Bruce actually gives Hawkeye a fucking Anti-Hulk arrow to use if he starts to Hulk out. Of course it snowballs from there.

You got to be fucking kidding me. Wasn't there at least 831 times in Marvel history where Bruce tried to kill himself with a gun? But Hawkeye's arrow does it?

I really want to see this Bendis armory where there's anti-Thanos missiles and anti-Hulk arrows.

What exactly happened?
Second panel: headshot from front
Fourth panel: arrow through chest
Sixth panel: headshot from right side

This is like Time Magazine's version of the Kennedy assassination.

That's what made Gruenwald's approach great. He wasn't trying to beat you over the head with a message, the book is fairly neutral and features villains from all political stripes from frustrated cops to misandrists, neo-nazis to anarchists who want to abolish the concept of nations.

Spencer, meanwhile, is failed politician who regularly chimps out about Trump and Bernie and can't stop gushing about how great Hillary is. It's pathetic, especially because he CAN be a good writer if he leaves his politics at the door.

THE BIG BENDIS AM RIGHTING AGAIN
NOW IM GOING TO KILL HULK
FOR NO RAISIN!

Originally she was a shapeshifter. She was essentially Plastic Man in that she could freely change her body be it changing size, stretching, making big fists or changing into completely different people.

So of course all of that was very quickly taken away and she was left to become the giantess fetish version of Luffy.

Nothing to really speculate about there. They got clout because Marvel was cool and pushing all of the right buttons that adhered to the worldview of the people that worked for the site (especially Laura Hudson). If you remember, while DC was constantly getting crapped on Marvel would get a free pass for doing the same shit and when they DID cancel all of their poorly selling female-led books and CA bitched about it, they were immediately granted an interview with a PR woman (to try and mitigate any sexist accusations) where they asked nothing but softball questions.

So CA has been in Marvel's back pocket for years now. Once Marvel started shitting out as many low effort books starring D-list nobodies for books that'll be cancelled within 10-12 issues, it was far easier to look at CA–a sight full of fanboys and fangirls who all want to write for Marvel and will do so for peanuts–and just pluck them from there. Same with webcomics creators who basically are well past their sell-by date like Hastings and North.

CA sucks Marvel's dick, Marvel in turn hired a bunch of idiots who will be happy making shit page rates to go with the prestige of having a Marvel book since Marvel is cool and hip and that means they're cool and hip and really interesting too.

WHY DIDN'T YOU MEME HARD ENOUTH!?

So Civil War II #3 is out and here's an issue where something can be described as happening. In the last issue Ulysses had a vision of the Hulk murdering everyone, and with Ulysses' power to inadvertently make other people experience the same vision he's having, everyone is a little on edge.

The heroes decide not to confront Armadeus Cho, the current Hulk (who is currently experiencing Hulk blackouts where he can't remember what he did), but to collectively try to apprehend Bruce Banner, the guy who hasn't been able to turn into the Hulk for a year. Since the gamma radiation was absorbed out of him by Cho. Cho, the guy who is actually the Hulk now.

In order to not needlessly agitate Bruce, the heroes decide to have a massive show of a force where everyone appears on his lawn and tells him to stand down or else.

Silly user. Bendis doesn't get hung up about little details like "continuity" or "logic".

Bruce for some reason gets annoyed that he is going to be sent to a super prison despite not actually murdering anyone yet.

Also, no one bring up that stupid 'Hulk never murdered anyone because he did math and calculated the falling rubble'. That is some absolute horseshit.

And then Hawkweye shoots Bruce Banner in the head.

Apparently Bruce asked him to do so just in case he ever Hulked out again. Bruce Banner, despite attempting suicide countless times, suddenly was able to make something that could kill the Hulk and it was an arrow.

Hawkeye tries to argue that Bruce was thiiiis close to becoming the Hulk.

Ulysses' power is be used in droves now to eliminate crimes, and it's been working out with 100% success. Tony, the guy who was once part of a secret pact that kidnapped Hulk and shot him into deep space, argues that it wasn't fair to pass judgement on the Hulk based on things he might do.

wouldn't it be better if they travelled through time and fought in the American civil war

So let's count all the stupid bits and bites here:
-Banner developed this super-duper anti-Hulk bullet (in a window of time during which he would have no means to test it's effectiveness) and only made one.
-When warned to that the Hulk was going to slaughter all the heroes, the first thing they do is all gather together and take the course of action most likely to provoke a Hulk out.
-They all suspect Bruce, who has been tortured by the Hulk's presence for years, is now trying to do something nefarious with gamma radiation super-science.

The verdict is reached, but not shown to us. However, in my humble opinion, I don't think the public is going to be too sympathetic to the death of the rampaging monster man. The same monster man who destroyed Las Vegas and Manhattan. The same monster man who declared war on the planet earth.

but that's okay because no one died because hulk subconsciously did math to make sure that the rubble wouldn't fall on anyone when he was angry to the point of almost splitting the planet in half

Friday finally figures out how Ulysses' power works, and it'll be revealed next issue. I hope you're all ready for the future vision profile thing to be sudden wrong because Ulysses was making it up or something like that.

I can't wait to see this bullshit, in which Carol Danvers will be clearly in the wrong but if she gets punished for it, Feminists will throw a shit-fit.

So why even make a Nova tie in that specifically says he has no idea about stuff going on, when he was there to see the Hulk murder? Like, just don't have him in the main book, or do a different story for the tie in. It's not asking to remember continuity from years ago, it's just know what your doing RIGHT NOW.

I don't even know what a lot of these people would have done if he had Hulked out besides gotten in the way or died horribly. And again, it highlights the absurdity that Thor will show up to goad the Hulk into a fight, but NOT be called in to fight Thanos.

Also, didn't they establish before in issue one that Friday IS programmed to mess with Tony, at least a bit? I mean… all you gotta do is remember what you write from one moment to the next, Bendis. You can even REREAD the stuff you wrote, to see if anything makes sense. But we live in times when major books are "drawn" in gmod, so maybe that's too much work.

Bruce was a good boy, he really dindu nuffin.
I'd care if this wasn't so blatantly cheap.

no.

No.

NO.

NO.

NO.

NO.

'''FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU
FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU'''

KILL THEM ALL CHO. KILL THEM ALL. THEY DESERVE IT. MURDER THEM AND PISS ON THEIR REMAINS. THEY DID THIS, THEY HAVE IT COMING THEY DONT DESERVE YOUR MERCY

Gee, take chill pill user, Banner will be back in a year or 5.

Nothing that happens to A-Listers matters after all.

Now if it was beloved D-Lister who died now then that reaction was appropriate as said character would truly be lost forever.

But what is the KILL EM ALL list so far? War Machine and Hulk? i mean She-Hulk was "only" in Hollywood Coma from last i checked.

Am i missing someone?

Sounds about right.
Although I would have a giggle if Cho ends up hulking out and fucking shit up as a consequence of what happened here.

Okay, now that i have that out of my system. Can somebody tell me where is Marvel HQ? I will go there and teach Bendis how to follow continuity while i murder him

As a scientist, he introduced some new tecnologies to the public. And as a monster, he saved far more people that the ones he killed.

He has saved the world from monster, aliens, demons. Remember that one time he punched the time barrier after being erased from it and beat the shit of a guy trying to control time?

Tell me he didn't save billions of people that time. I he wants to destroy two cities let him, let him kill everyone on them. The planet would not be the same if it wasn't for him, the math checks out.

Well fuck you too user. Lets see how you react when they kill your favorite character. The one you're most passionate about.

How passionate am i about hulk? I actually got into bodybuilding so i could cosplay as The Proffesor. I would go as savage or Worldbreaker, but i have a tatoo of the joestar birthmark, and that would not be appropiate.

Which makes no sense. Just like hulk, she is among the fastest regenerators marvel has to offer.

I would say that Banner shouldn't die either, since lethal injuries are the faster way to het him to hulk out. Hell, it was said that cutting him head would make him hulk out anyways. So this shit makes no sense.

Look at the front page, now go look at totally amazing hulk #9's front page. That is exactly what is going to happen!

how many issues in are we now?

And is it just me, or is nothing happening? It's just a boring, words filled event that isn't even interesting enough to keep your attention.

Issue 3 of six and we are barely getting anywhere. Aparently the next one is where shit will go down.

Not just you. It feels like three issues of trying to set up the premise, but they don't seem to understand it themselves. It's like they don't want it to go to violence as quickly as Civil War 1, but they still want everyone to act like an idiot.

Seriously, even little things like BRINGING ULYSSES to confront Banner. Not only does he not contribute to things at all, he's a fucking noncombatant that would need to be saved if things went bad. Hell, most of the people there would be useless if the Hulk really went nuts.

5 bucks on some forced drama with MJ cheating on Pete with Tony. It would be extra funny if this led to Peter siding with Danvers.

That's probably what's going to happen, and if so, it'll just highlight how stupid the decision is not to confront the person who can actively turn into a big green monster, but rather confront the person who can't.

Honestly, it'd make more sense if Cho got murdered, and in a surprise twist, Banner turns into the Hulk again. A little easy to see coming in terms of the future prediction stories where the characters accidentally make the prediction come true, but at least it'd be better than what we have now.

The place was evacuated before Thanos arrived, user.

You must feel so smart

All the more reason not to act like an idiot. Oh, and Thanos? You know, the mad genius, should have fucking noticed something was up if all the people were gone.

Hey, fellow Hulk lover, did you read Totally Awesome Hulk #8? You cried? I cried.

I feel your pain, I really do. This is just bullshit and I'm starting to wish there is a World War Hulk 3 or something, because all those 'heroes' deserve a good smacking and a good beating.

God, who write this? who read this script and thinks "it's ok". And if Cho doesn't enrage because of this I call it bullshit because he was the Hulk's biggest famboy.

They put living dolls or something like that to cause an impression. And the heroes attacked immediately when Thanos arrived.
I feel like the moment was much better written by Ewing in The Ultimates.

Okay, so on top o the Nova tie in being contradicted by this issue (as Nova is both aware AND unaware of all this at the same time), this actually contradicts the Kingpin tie in as well.

Think about it, in the main book, the first real use of Ulysses is the Thanos attack, Tony kidnaps Ulysses THAT NIGHT, and then everyone sees the vision of Hulk. They arrive to confront Bruce at what looks like dawn. Less than 24 hours have passed in the main book since the Thanos attack. I don't know shit about Carol's powers, so I assume she heals fast. I will also point out that less than 24 hours ago they did not call in Thor, Vision or the majority of people they show confronting Banner, to the Thanos fight they had 3 hours to prep for. Anyway, my point is, Carol does not begin widespread use of Ulysses on pre-crime until AFTER Banner is murdered. Who murders Banner? HAWKEYE.

So how could Hawkeye possibly be there to hassle Kingpin, unless I'm to believe he is acquitted, and immediately goes to hassle Kingpin BEFORE whatever Tony has found out comes to light and makes things actually happen. And since Hawkeye hassling Kingpin was IN A FLASHBACK, it stretches time even more. These aren't even things that are a hard fix. Just have Nova NOT THERE when they kill Banner, have a different hero hassle Kingpin in the tie in. It almost feels like they are purposefully making canon even more meaningless.

The only Reason i'm looking foward to read Totally Awesome Hulk #9 is because aparently thats whats going to happen.

Different shitcomics make no sense in continuity because every author want to do whatever they want and make their own number and their own issues the biggest shit in the marvel universe and they can't even make a long term plan so continuity isn't fucked.

Color me surprise.

In the end they'll convince him for bullshit reasons and you know it. The only proper ending that would give me peace is having all those traitors killed or imprisoned after this shit of an arc ends.

I get that on the average day, Marvel writers don't talk to eachother or care about other books. I get that. But what is even the point of a company wide event, if the main book contradicts the tie ins, and some of the tie ins aren't even really part of the event.

Back during Shooter's days, Romita lead a group called Romita's Raiders. If there was a fuck up, composition problem, or artistic continuity error, they'd run in, redraw or alter what need to be fixed, and escape into the night. Of course this was also when you had guys like Gruenwald around who knew when a continuity fuck up had happened. I even recall Byrne adding a special note in the back on a comic to just say "sorry about that annual, I know Tigress was logically busy in another story when that took place, please just pretend she wasn't there.". It was stuff that mattered because they wanted the fans to feel satisfied that the world was alive and organic. It's sad to see just how far away they've moved from that.

Nova tie-in happens before rhodey's death, then happens a lapse of time of three weeks. The end should be during rhodey's death, shulk coma and Stark kidnapping Ulysses.

I don't know where the Kingpin tie-in is chronologically, but i suppose it's before Banner's death. Must be before that.

This is NOT something hard to figure out.

Also, considering that, there's no problem Nova being there when Banner dies.

Kingpin is another issue, because he knows about the inhuman kid. Maybe he got informants, but it's vague as fuck.

Trying to cause as many controversial numbers as it can to sell, or just as plain publicity for future movies.

It is like someone in Disney said "yeah, let them just make shit and cost us a lot of money doing nothing".

So Tony totally blows off Sam, saying "My mind is going at about 100 mph and it feels liek the brakes aren't working" BEFORE Rhodey dies? Why? While he seemed concerned by Carol wanting to use Ulysses, Tony was calmly testing his stealth armor with Friday the moment MJ told him Rhodey was dead. It only seems logical that AFTER THAT would Tony feel as distressed as he seems when Sam tries to contact him initially about the helmet. He even talks to Miles who claims he has no seen Tony since the party, which is two weeks after the party. Miles also being there at Banner's murder.

It is chronologically after the heroes have been cracking down on criminals using Ulysses. That's why Owl and Madam Masque are so antsy. Which, since the main book makes NO MENTION of them using Ulysses on a wide scale until after Banners death, means it takes place after that, after Hawkeye is arrested.

This is NOT something hard to figure out, Bendis

Yes. Ulysses and other things that happen in Iron Man solo, I don't know, but should be this. You are trying too hard to nitpick a thing that don't have to be nitpicked to be considered shit.

But they are using ulysses powers on a wide scale before Banner's death. Ms Marvel and Captain America last issues are proof of that.

Oh user, don't you get it?

They already did. Permanently. and while i get your pain im saying that at least Hulk has a good chance of revival due being popular and well-known Iconic A-Lister, he ain't lost to the annals of time.

Alternatively, and more likely, the Editors just ain't doing their job.

How have they not been fired anyway? i mean, they clearly ain't doing their supposed job these days.

No they're not. Or are you not referring to the Sam Wilson Captain America issues in this thread? Because those clearly take place after Rhodey is dead. Unless they are throwing a pre-funeral for him. Like I said, less than 24 hours pass from the attack by Thanos and the death of Banner. Unless you have other issues to storytime to explain these glaring plotholes. And if you do, please save them for the next thread, because we are about to hit autosage.

I wish I had some old events and all their tie ins, see how well they did things in different decades

Is this a fact?

Read issue 1 and 2, and tell me if there is any indication that Tony either:
It seems fairly clear that Tony goes to get Ulysses the same night they he saw Rhodey's body, so we can say that was maybe early evening, the kidnap and recovery of Ulysses all happened that night, and the confrontation with Banner dawn of the next day. Which means Thanos attacked on July 18th, and Banner was dead the morning of the 19th.

Now that I think about it, was the Thanos fight at night? It's probable that less than 12 hours passed, but I don't want to bother figuring out timezones and shit. I'm just reading the book as it's presented.

>comic timeframes across multiple comics
>Bendis timeframes

Yes, Ulysses kidnapping happens in the same day of Thanos. But there's no indication that Banner's death happens in the same day, user. There's nothing that indicates this.

How many days do you think they waited before seeing Banner? Because the answer is NONE. They dropped everything, even being angry at Tony about the kidnapping, and got to Utah.

At the very least, nothing else so far contradicts anything. I mean, except Nova being at Rhodey's funeral and then having no idea why he can't get a hold of Stark. Funerals don't normally take 3 weeks to set up, do they? But a tie in contradicting a tie in, I can understand better than a tie in contradicting the main book. Hell, I don't even know why that Nova has a series, where is the good Nova?

Thor only recently had a small cameo in the comic that holds his name. AFTER THREE WHOLE YEARS

Don't tell me to not be mad/worried.

Again, is that a fact? Can you prove it? Because the editorial only going to be wrong if you prove it.
You are only saying that the tie-ins are contradicting because you think that they must have gone see Hulk immediately.

I don't even get what you're going for here. You're arguing against then IMMEDIATELY taking action in regards to a vision of everyone being killed by the Hulk, which they ALL SAW AND FELT, in story where the only transition of time shown is it being night when they recover Ulysses and then dawn (you could argue dusk due to no definitive change in the sun going below the horizon or higher in the sky) when they confront Banner. The conversations in issue one between Tony and Carol following the Thanos attack clearly indicate that this is the first time Tony has seen them use Ulysses to plan an attack (and he would have noticed if they were somehow doing this for WEEKS between the party and the Thanos attack, a passage of time you'd have to work hard to prove was ever implied at all).

You would have to present a case, at all, for why they would wait to confront Hulk. There was no scene between the vision and the beginning of the confrontation, and no mention of long deliberations in this court issue. Every chance to establish an extended time frame is given.

The only timeframes in this that are questionable are:
A period of time could have easily passed here, as people went about their lives, but there was no indication that Ulysses was actively being used before his Thanos vision.
Trials can take a long time, so the Sam Wilson Cap tie in and Ms Marvel tie in can easily take place during or after this, and logically the entire Kingpin tie in (flashback and all) takes place after Banner's death.

Of course, none of this will matter when they reveal how Ulysses' power REAL WORKS, and then everything turns out to be a dream or some bullshit

Worse than that, I'm doing all this timeline analysis shit and NOTHING HAS HAPPENED. So a few people died, big deal. The core of the event hasn't been revealed yet, because the whole pre-crime thing is just poorly explored. To have so little of importance happen for 3 issues (and all tie ins) yet being called "Civil War" implies people will be punching eachother by the end. But WHY?

It's like they hired Quentin Tarantino to write a major arc. A lot of people are dead and you don't even know what the fuck happened along the way.

Actually, about that.

Given a reply I read in an angry letter in the letter section of one of the recent comics, and given the recent rate of old hero turnover I think they're trying to phase out all the old hero's and replace them with what they intend to be new heroes for a younger generation. These writers are going to kill all the old teams and heroes and replace them across the board with new heroes with less developed backstory and baggage and burden of knowledge for a new generation,

It really feels like this is a massive push to put a cap on the old heroes stories so they can go through with their plan to make a whole new millennial and propaganda friendly group of heroes, because we all know they aren't interested in telling stories about heroes, they just want to use comics to push their progressive agendas.

And yeah you could say that they brought cap back but given the mind fuckery with the cosmic cube and him now being a part of hydra I can't say for sure that's going to stick for long. The fact they brought him back as a lacky to red skull and red skull became a mouthpiece for "badwrongthing " right ideas and opinions gives evidence that this is really what's happening.

Even if that is the plan, I really don't think they can maintain interest with these new characters alone. But something has to be done about Bendis writing basically every book, because he's just not doing a good job.

Holy fuck, they're pulling a mother mary allegory at the end there. THE FUCK

at least that's what I saw

It is a Mary allegory which seems really inappropriate for a Muslim considering they don't recognize any prophets beyond Muhammad. Double down that the cult of Mary is a Catholic one.

Steve is far more moderate, which makes sense because he's standing for true American ideals.

So they want to stop Banner to hulk out, because a vision showed a hulk going on a killing spree.

And go to Banner who was FUCKING CURED OF IT?
Instead of going after the new Hulk who has blackouts when he Hulks out?

This is more headache inducing than I ever imagined possible.

Okay. I may not be as passionate about war machine as i am about the hulk. But if there is something that i know about the relationship that he has with Tony, is one that is far closer to the one Tony has with Banner.

How big is their bromance? How close are they? Well, if Tony wasn't too busy fucking, and Rodhey too busy fucking the american flag -(and now being dead)- they would be fucking each other.

Let me tell you how far can tony go for Rodhey. During a war on the middle east, Rodhey got injured. Like really injured. How injured? He lost both arms, and most of his body bellow the waist. I'm pretty sure he got shrapnel on his head and chest too.

What did tony do? He turned him into a cyborg, and asked him to stand the pain a wait for a while while he cloned him a better body.

Wanna know whats funny about that? Those two things are REALLY ILEGAL in the marvel universe.

But tony did it in a snap. For Rodhey. So i find really, really insulting that they just brush him aside, because Tony isn't black.

Fuck you Spencer. Just fuck you.

Tony had far more history with Rodhey than with Banner, but now he is busy screaming -and i hope planning- bloody murder because of him.

Soldiers can go funerals in uniform. And considering that most heroes are registered in a goverment database and are at the service of the president (and some under severa other goverment agencies like S.H.I.E.L, S.W.O.R.D and A.R.M.O.R), one can assume that their costume also work as their official uniforms.

And really, what the fuck is Miles Morales doing there? He is literally from another universe. And he didn't know War Machine in that one either.

But the Catholics are the only Christians in the world user. Protestants (unless it's set in the US South) and (especially) Orthodox are a figment of your imagination. :^)