What the fuck happened to cartoons, Holla Forums...

What the fuck happened to cartoons, Holla Forums? Why did they trash literally every good show and replace it with irredeemable garbage?

You grew up

Because the irredeemable garbage is cheap to make, and the people who make it tend to stick together and get each other work as they acquire influence within the system that provides the medium.

no, the old stuff is still good
maybe not as good as then, but still

I tried rewatching Dexter's Lab, Powderpuff Girl, and Edd, Ed n Eddy, and Time Patrol recently.
Edd, Ed n Eddy is the only one that is better than stuff shown today. Other ones aren't any better than modern CN stuff. It is surprising that crap like Dexter's Lab was created by the same person as Samurai Jack and SymBIonic Titan

You are now over 12.

So eventually the yen and other Asian forms of currency became stronger and it wasn't as profitable to just pay asian animation studios.
The 80's and early 90's was mostly Asian animation studios as far as I'm concerned.
The next financial reason I'd point to is the great recession.
That fucked up practically all entertainment in a big way.
Outside factors like:
Things children are now more prone to being entertained by coupled with the widely held pigeonholed idea
Kills an industry.
CN Real happened because it was cheap.
Korra didn't get to finish airing on TV.
Disney gave shit time slots to gravity falls because nobody really cared.
Looking at the viewer drop off just between season 1 and 2 hurts to look at.
Cartoon are dead
Quarter hour episodes, quarter hour episodes everywhere.

If you like Cartoons and think they suck now, it isn't that you've grown up and are just fickle, you haven't grown up and you need to because

I'm watching all of ReLife every so often.
It is adapted from a "web manga".
It is a school drama where the plot is like several old movies where an adult pretends to be a highschooler.
The gimmick is that he is a test subject in an experiment to rehabilitate those with anti-social tendencies or poor motivation aka NEETs.

This anime season there are about 10 god damn anime I'd call homoerotic and or fujoshi bait and I find it incredibly surprising.
I watched one anime that was incredibly heterosexual, but was one of many pisspoor knock-offs of Infinite Stratos.
Last season I thought Joker Game was pretty great.
I'm now going to enjoy watching the first episode of season 4 of prisma illya, the pedobait fate/stay spin-off with a pretty decent budget.

I have absolutely no idea what happened, coming up with a reason why cartoons are garbage now.

I can't remember his name, but the CEO of Cartoon Network lost his job in, I think, 2007 following a bomb scare in Boston involving an Adult Swim promotional. The new CEO wanted to move the channel in a different direction and started promoting the Cartoon Real block, which was filled with cheaply done live action knock offs of existing adult programs (like Mythbusters, for example).

As a result, Cartoon Network burned their bridges with existing creators and were forced to hire whatever cheap dregs they could find.

Fuck off if you're not going to try to contribute to the conversation.

my mistake, user.

If Jojo is one of those, then you are doing it wrong.

It's literally just the ideas that cartoons are for kids and that they have to sell toys.

That's what destroyed action cartoons at least.

not surprised

No, but I will show what I mean.
On the money it is 10 of them.
10 anime for girls and gays.

The older cartoons had unique, different art styles
Modern cartoons almost all merge into the same looks
Notice how many have the SU look, and how many have the Family Guy look, compare that to all the different line work variations on the originals alone, not to mention shape differences in shows and palettes

Care to provide an example?
Yeah, all McFarlane shows. This is like complaining most Hanna-Barbera shows look similar.

I would also like to add the noodle arm blight AT brought upon us, that is also not good

I would say Star vs. the Forces of Evil and Gravity falls look somewhat similar, but SU and specially Gumball look nothing like the others. I mean, just because you managed to find pics where they all smile in a similar manner doesn't mean the actual in-show aesthetics are remotely similar.

Gumball is an intentional mashup of several drawing styles, and the characters' mannerisms and facial expressions are nothing like SU's; you can hardly call it a SU lookalike. Furthermore, the rest of the cast in SU is fairly different to the other shows you posted, so much it almost looks like Steven was shoehorned into a series that doesn't belong to him.

You would have had more of a case saying Regular Show and Rick & Morty have a similar style.

Ye, complaining that Gumball looks like SU or GF is a perfect proof that somebody has NEVER seen a Gumball episode before.

Yeah because Hanna-Barbera cartoons were definitely known for their rich diversity.

oblig