How did this manage to make it to [current year]?

How did this manage to make it to [current year]?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluesnarfing
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluejacking
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Wireless peripherals.

It made it to current year because it is awesome for short distance wireless communication.

it just werks

It fucking well isnt m8

nobody else came up with anything open so this chink shit won

is there even any practical uses for this aside from wireless audio devices or ps3 controllers? I got a chinese dongle for $0.75 but i have no idea what to do with it.

Whst the fuck are you meant to be able to do if you pair your phone with your computer?

I tried doing this and it tried to add my phone as a modem......

Do you mean the runic logo?

Send files?

Bluetooth tethering works fine, as long as your phone isn't running a crippleware OS

I use it for ps3 controller on PC and thats it. I drive my TV with a shield tablet with a controller and that just creates an ad hoc wifi network which must be the future.

AA and AAA battery manufacturers needed an excuse to keep existing.

Because the alternative is having an individual USB dongle for every device from every manufacturer. Until someone comes up with something better Bluetooth is here to stay.

No alternative it seems.

I hate it because wireless headphones are crap.

Because normies can't into anything more complicated than "it just werks".

you are a normie too.

Are you jealous of my trip-dubs?

Headsets, voice-related audio devices, file transfers of small files, it works pretty decent.

File transfers mostly. Other functionality depends on your bluetooth device/drivers. I know of some systems that let you send audio that way.

I have this Bluetooth adapter for my speakers, so if I walk in the house it'll automatically connect and play whatever I was listening to on my headphones. Pretty cool stuff, I don't see how you could hate on it.

That's a good way to ruin your battery life.

Also a good way to get pwned

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluesnarfing
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluejacking

90% if not more of the drivers of this fucking technologies is non-free software.

get out applefag

Just turn it on when I'm walking home

hacking devices which have it enabled. SO MANY devices have bluetooth vulns. It's how I rooted my car.

How can you drive it anywhere?

Darwinian programming.

The shitty programmers die in fiery wrecks.

oh wow mate, i'm sorry to break this to you but apparently you ended up in an alternative universe here.
idk where you come from in this one is dominated by capitalism, and even communist countries act capitalist.

long story short: it's impossible to write code that is less secure than the code used in commercial cars and airplanes.

earth is*

I disabled the 4g stuff/gps/microphone so that onstar would stop tracking my movements everywhere.

I trust my knowledge of technology enough to handle my survival. I also suffer from narcissistic personality disorder so you may be right.

I always knew Holla Forums was just a bunch of fucking kids.

test