'87 dawn of the dead is superior to the remake

'87 dawn of the dead is superior to the remake

shit i meant '78

1978, not '87. Though you are correct about it being better.

They are both shit tbh. The whole 'consumerism is bad m'kay' gets tiresome after they hammer you with it for the 20th time. I prefer Day of the Dead, and Night of the Living Dead original and remake.

The opening scene of the remake is pure kino.

the correct read for the dead movies is that of the race war

Why are the news broadcasts incoherent like every adult has turned into a child?

Civilization is collapsing because of the zombie outbreak. The dead are returning back to life and scientists can't explain it and nobody knows what to do about it.

Zombie movies are too easy. Christ you could make a Holla Forums ir boardtan zombie movie at this point

This is not controversial OP.

I haven't watched either and I disagree

Yeah, but they all act like an obviously walking corpse that eats people shouldn't be killed. Then on the other hand the scientists are offering retarded solutions like nuking the cities. How hard could it be to be on guard for slowly walking rotting people and kill them off? How hard could it be to institute on the spot cremation of the newly deceased? They clearly had enough survivors to handle it.

It is more like they were all purposefully written to be retarded in order to emphasis some bias the writer holds toward people. Despite the cultural meme about people behaving stupidly in a group, many groups do band together and come up with successful strategies with minimal drama in a crisis. More often than not. That's why we have so many civilizations in the world to begin with, while having no shortage of problems.
Seems more like to me this underlying cynicism toward humanity is unhealthy, and such a person would be far more dangerous in a life or death situation because they are nihilistic in mindset.

Anyone who's older than 14 realises this.

well, yeah, Dead movies were Romero's soapbox but since the media stuff is just in the background, he could be tongue-in-cheek with it.
if you look carefully, you'll notice that every single character in Night, Dawn, Day, The Crazies, and his later terrible movies are all purposefully written to be retarded.

Romero is a pretentious faggot and reminds me of Gene Roddenberry. After years of people telling him how great his "social commentary" is, he let it go to his head and forgot how to make good movies. In his last movie the message was white men are so evil that zombies are the good guys. Romero loves smelling his own farts.

There's a scene in the European cut of Dawn where the main characters are discussing exactly that. The helicopter pilot asks why don't they just "do what needs to be done" and kill all the zombies. The black guy chimes in and asks "Are you gonna be willing to kill your girlfriend when she turns?"

And Day and Land covered the whole "people banding together to stop the zombies" thing.

No, what Day did was show the military to be brainless goons that lose their cool even when they are safely underground. Day of the Dead showed scientists for either being hopelessly naive or crazy (training zombies is insane behavior) and it tried to make the zombies sympathetic with Bub.
Land is about how bad dirty capitalists are, how scummy people are to each other, how humanity is worse than the zombie daddy that looked after the other zombies and was smart (and conveniently the black one, a common theme in Romero films.)

Can't really call either of those two movies "people banding together" since they all act retarded and fall apart over the dumbest shit. I mean that faggot in Day let all the zombies in just because he was dumb enough to get bit, even though he knew his former girlfriend was inside.
In Land they actually trust water to keep zombies at bay, as if they need to breathe, as if corpses don't float easily. There may not need to be as much protecting the banks and docks, but there should be guards patrolling the WHOLE perimeter at least. That would also boost their quasi-economy by providing useful jobs.

was Land the one that came out in 2008 or something?

No Land had the Dead Reckoning, the only good thing in the movie. It was a mobile armored truck that had rocket launchers mounted on it. It also had John Leguizamo or however you spell his name, and Dennis Hopper as the evil dirty republican capitalist.

The way you describe these movies sounds like they got worse with the political stuff after Day of the Dead. Granted I only saw the first 3 films.

All movies get worse. I haven't seen a single example of the continuation of a series or a reboot that hasn't gotten more cucked as the years have gone by. Some are tolerable, and maybe even overall good, but they all get progressively more cucked as time goes on. I think it's a feedback loop. The more society will accept, the more their politics and/or subversion comes out.

I want to like this movie but the pacing is so slow and plods along.
Is this a way of imitating zombies?