fuck your stupid nextchan it SUCKS

Hah. it's an FBI Honeypot. Go home FBI

can't hide threads
no catalog
zebraposts taking up most of my screen
files.name field is required
webms don't play

fix your shit admins

Anything else? I've got nothing to do with next or any other chan but I'm currently writing a generic chan engine that isn't pants-on-head retarded like every other codebase I've seen.

Gimme your requirements. Which features should a good chan have?

why not try tbpchan.net ?

what xchan needs is a userbase
oh, plus image search and automatic exif removal

Isn't half the beauty that posts are ephemeral? How do you figure an image search would work?

Truth be told, I like the way Holla Forums does things. Might as well include all the stuff from it in your engine. Customisable CSS and javascript are something I play around with all the time. Easy to make boards are nice, and probably global admin tools to see local bans would be great, so that admins can take back the big name boards like Holla Forums or Holla Forums if they gets moderated out of existence.
I think Holla Forums misses hiding posts, would be useful against people posting tall messages.

wut? Click the arrow and it's an option there unless you mean something different.

Keep'em coming. I'm making notes.

Oh, shit, it does have it. I'm just being an idiot. Plus it gets a button for "Post too long", big improvement over nextchan.
The watchlist for Holla Forums blows. Did you see the 2ch.hk one? It automatically keeps track of threads you posted in and highlights the ones with new posts, also counting how many direct quotes you got.

Yeah, no. No reason to use your fag chan over Endchan or Librechan.

Drawing a blank, help me out Holla Forums

Watch lists are gonna suck because I was hoping to do this with minimal logging and even no use of cookies but I guess I'm just being overly catering to the paranoid.

A watchlist with direct-response counter is trivial. noted.

So, who's in charge of it, then? Feds?

The problem with our post-4ch landscape is we need full transparency with any imageboard admins.

How do you achieve that? You mean as in needing to know who the admin staff is or having access to reasons for bans etc ?

anonymity is kinda the whole concept and having very public admins just invites swatting and pizzas.

No, the anonymity is for the userbase. Those are easily curtailed by contacting your local police and pizza shops, streamers figured that out a long time ago. Which is another point, the admins should stream like Hotwheels used to, to touch base with the users and prove they aren't some shady fuck just lying all the time.

Well, overly paranoid probably have cookies blocked, or will find an option on the chan to not use the watchlist. All goes back to the "customisability" part.

Admins who aren't also user will get bagged by SJW or feds

Big one right here. Run a board with freedom of speech these days and you will lose your job. end of story.

anonymity has to be for the admins as well. Only question is how to either prove that you're not a honeypot or to have it not matter in the hypothetical scenario that you were.

There's got to be a reasonable way to solve that. Allowing posting from TOR is an obvious one but there's got to be more.

It could also be a way to raise money if the Patreons et al blacklist them like they did the 'wheels. I'm pretty sure Stripe is apolitical and wouldn't do anything unless it involved CP, but I could be wrong.

Oh, there's another one I kinda miss from 2ch.hk, you could mouse over the post pop-ups when browsing answers to keep them up on the screen, and do the same for pop-ups inside that pop-up, so you can browse answers up and down a tree without making the whole thing look like ancient reddit.

Nope, if you're scared of SJWs and you have something to lose, just don't host one.

Also, the feds know who you are anyway, that's laughable.

Fucking sweet! That would be incredibly useful.

I wasn't talking about hiding from the feds but to provide reasonable evidence that the site wasn't a honeypot or have a mechanic that would make that not matter in practice.

4chan COULD have been a fed honeypot for years but nobody cared. So can 8ch. We're not curing cancer here, just planning something viable and I reject that you don't get to host a site unless you're a half-motorcycle centaur living in lbfm land with nothing to lose.

Fuck off moot

They're still cleaning up after josh and havent started working on JS yet.

Get Gud faggot. It's there.

You can't start a new thread without attaching a picture. Because the BO set it up that way.

So what, it's fucking Holla Forums.

m712 needs to fix nginx configuration.

We havent gotten an onion link yet, sorry.

No, the person in charge of it is the guy who was writing an imageboard, blazechan. You can talk to the cabal on rizon at #nextchan.

k

Actually, never mind. The onion link is:

2uicfjhhumelm275.onion

I'm glad to hear you guys are working on it, please do post on here once it actually fucking works.

Nobody cared because it wasn't an issue until much later, unless you were a CP afficionado or something. The problem was and is the global lashback from /new/ & Holla Forums, which made cops the Stasi and users sock puppeting saboteurs.

Yes it could, but we at least know who runs 8ch and Hotwheels gave it his blessing, which again could be under coersion, which we have no way of knowing, but it takes many more steps of being compromised and tinfoilery. That, and the users are all here, so what does a new board offer when it's just some shady anonymous person, saying his board is better?

I actually have no idea who posted this thread.

I guess they saw the thread on Holla Forums that we're setting it up, and decided to start shilling.

But yeah, we aren't even on a permanent server yet, though we have fixed some of Josh's PHPPRO code, such as the site slowing to a crawl because he never cleaned entries out of a table of solved captchas, etc.

Ok, then. You're right. It was a shitty idea and I'll give it a miss since every problem is solved here.

Freaking amateur hour, that code sounds terrible

Daily reminder Josh did nothing wrong

No, just set up a Twitch or Hitbox account. Don't be shy now :^)

It's not all bad.

Because he decided to use a framework, it actually has some shape to it. Because frameworks are really just crutches for people who don't know how to code.

He got sloppier near the end too, so we have no idea how much dead code is in there, and how much undefined behaviour when he started switching to caching instead of pulling stuff out of the database directly.

But everything prior to say, when the first attempted migration happened, seems to be OK.

How about automated dead-code elimination?

see 4chan. an image search function to check web for posted image source in one click. this discourages plagarism and trolls. exif data removal protects the userbase and encourages on-the-hoof oc.

Oh right, so basically integrated tineye or equivalent. I thought you meant internal search. Sure, that'd be easy to do.

SON OF BITCH
THEY TAKE OVER ALREADY
WHELP TIME TO FIND YET ANOTHER SEKRIT CLUB xD

freechloaders, amirite?