How did phablets come to be?

How did phablets come to be?
Do they sell well?
Do you have one?
Their size makes them feel completely impractical to me.

So you could have a phone so big that's so hard to get out of your pocket that you can justify buying a smartwatch.

Niggers. Seriously. They love big flashy shit. When the first Galaxy Note came out the first nigger that got one, at the job I had at the time, strutted around like he was king of the world. The bigger, flashier, tackier, the more they love it.

People still put their phones in their pockets? It's the current year. If you don't have your face glued to your phone 24/7 you are doing it wrong.

Big screen, more real estate, more content, better resolutions (therefore nicer image quality), ricing, the works. If you don't have a jacket pocket or a pocket in your legwear you're probably a moron or a woman.

Mate, you sound like a fucking crybaby.

Samsung Display wanted to sell more area.

Yes.

Yes, note 4.

The note 4 had the only accurate screen at the time.

No, because android and apps are shit.

They love to stuff their giant tablet in the back of their pants so it sticks out. I've seen tens of niggers working at places like walmart do this.

Yes. I have king phablet. I use it because I need a phone for work, but otherwise use it exclusively as a tablet.

I've got a Blackberry Passport. It's not the same as the average Phablet but it's fucking wide and I need 2 hands to do anything comfortable with it. God tier for texting, and the square screen actually makes sense. It's way too big though, and I don't feel comfortable whipping it out in public. Also I don't know any smartwatches that support it.

I want phones to be small again. The Xperia X10 Mini Pro is the perfect size for a phone.

I can fit an 8-inch tablet in my pocket just fine, anything over that is too much though

Smartphones screens should be no larger than 5 inches and a minimum of 4 inches

Tablet screens should be no larger than 10 inches and a minimum of 8 inches

Laptop screens should be no larger than 17 inches and a minimum of 13 inches

720p TVs should be no larger than 32 inches and a minimum of 20 inches

1080p screens should be no larger than 50 inches and a minimum of 20 inches

4k screens should be no larger than 90 inches and a minimum of 32 inches

Are you running numbers or making crap up?

No, fuck you. I want a 6 inch screen. I like to read books on my phone when ever I have the chance and the larger screen helps a lot.

Heh. Reminds me they loved shiny spoons enough to sell off their kin.

Bluetooth headsets and voice control

Resolution dependence needs to die

1. dont care.
2. dont care.
3. i do.
4. As a normal phone for talking. Yes they are.
but i needed something small enough to hold with one hand, but big enough to read pdf's and browse net.

I have a Note II (a bit old but still works well enough). I must say 5.5" is not impractical at all. Yes, it is slightly less comfortable to use as a phone than a smaller phone. But when you want to get online, play a game, essentially do almost anything other than making calls... bigger (within reason) is better.

I used to read books with an iphone 3gs. the small screen actually made it easier to read because there would be less text per page.

I want a 6inche 4k screen for muh VR tbh

I have a Nexus 6. I don't find that it's too big to fit in my hands or my pockets. The bigger screen makes web browsing, video watching etc. a lot better. The only real downside is battery life, but I'd still get a phablet again

This, and women they carry them in their handbags and think guys will like them if they're "like totally geeky or whatever".

4.5-5" is the sweet spot. Small enough to fit into your pocket. Large enough to do anything a respectable man should do on his phone.

I have a Nexus 6p which I guess could be called a phablet. I wanted: stock android, and larger battery. It goes about 3 days of normal use (light browsing, music, a call or two) without a charge so I'm pretty happy with it. Thinking of putting Cyanogen because my last phone was still using android 4, and now there's this google play services garbage which means I have to activate "body sensors" just to take a fucking picture or access the calendar app.

I got a phablet because I like looking at all my money account data couldnt do it on a normal screen. Note II. I hardly make calls usually text. I always use a headset.

Custom roms almost always result in a decrease in battery life; one thing to keep in mind.

There's no point. As much as I hate using marketing buzzwords, and as much as I hate Apple and everything about them, Steve Jobs was actually onto something when he coined and defined the term "Retinal Display" as a display with a pixel density of around 300 pixels per inch

a screen with a size of 6 inches and 4k resolution is over 700 PPI(pixels per inch) , so that means it'll make almost no difference to you vs a 6 inch screen at 1080p which has a pixel density of over 350 ppi

Aside from the specific resolution (even at 20/20, human visual resolution goes beyond the 1 arcminute minimum for certain types of detail as low as 2.5 arcseconds, and many people have better than 20/20 vision, including most kids) your point is essentially true, but remember we're talking about head-mounted displays.

For instance, an iPhone 6+ 5.5" screen at 1' viewing distance covers ~22.6° (horizontal FoV), while cellphone-panel-based VR HMDs vary from 78° for the Gear VR (literally sticking a whole Samsung Galaxy phone on a mask with lenses) to 90° for the Oculus Rift. Keep in mind single-panel HMDs use less than half the pixels for each eye.

In comparison, human FoV is 220° horizontal/150° vertical including peripheral vision, due to obstruction by the face and nose. Though when eyes are pointed directly forward in their sockets, full angular resolution is restricted to the frontmost 5°, with angular resolution halved by every 2.5° beyond. This is compensated for by constant reflexive eye movements (up to 900°/second) to scan areas of interest with the highest acuity part of our FoV.

To cover 78° with 1-arcminute pixels for both eyes, you would need a ~40 megapixel (8k) panel.

Nope

I like to read on my phone when ever I can.

>>>/tumblr/ pls

lel you sound like a real control freak.

leld. the Victorian era would be so proud.

Alexander! Are you doing fornication on you're verbal telegraph again!? Stop right this instant!

I, for one, welcome our new laser-directly-onto-the-human-retina display overlords. Some human eyes have been shown to be incredibly sensitive to light, down to being able to sense reliably a single photon. There needs more to make a compelling immersive VR experience than just resolution. One thing a laser-based system could accommodate better is the acuity zones in the eye (ie, that the eye has better recognition of detail in some zones than others). It's not really a characteristic of typical displays to carry higher detail density in some zones versus others. With a laser-based system this becomes a trivial engineering problem.

can you just say pants you pretentious hipster faggot?
also, you just outed yourself as the ass-mad nigger loving cuckold. leave.

Cone cells can indeed detect single photons, but the brain will only register them if 5-9 arrive within

update: the big screen makes it immensely easy to break from even the smallest of falls

:(

for the second fucking time

did you just break it bruh?

Yep. Just the other day. Never broken a phone, ipod, tablet etc by dropping in my entire life. But this fucking phone, I've done it to twice now. Next phablet I get is going to have a gigantic military-grade case on

heh

good luck putting it in your pocket then

Definitely invest in a good case, I dropped my shitpad on a hard concrete floor from 5 feet in the air and the rugged case saved it from certain doom.

Just get a laptop faggot.

But laptops are so difficult, inconvenient and slow :( on a phablet you Press Unlock and It Just Werks :^)

Art.

Get a Moto X Force (aka Droid Turbo 2). It can survive some insane abuse.