Found footage movies

Any recommendations for some decent found footage films? It's overdone I know but there are still some good ones out there

I just got done watching As Above, So Below which was ok, as well as The Poughkeepsie Tapes which was pretty cool

Other urls found in this thread:

thepeopleshistory.net/2014/03/the-finders-cult.html
8ch.net/x/res/26895.html
watchin-it.nu/index.php?movieAct=movie&movie=22653
youtube.com/watch?v=a-f9xB5KYDw
youtube.com/watch?v=tlgDhcbJRoY
youtube.com/watch?v=3cYp4S5HrDk
youtube.com/watch?v=t2zElaWlj0A
youtube.com/watch?v=jDOv2gHVZZc
youtube.com/watch?v=METoTO-eHFs
youtube.com/watch?v=VLdFmnekkqs
youtube.com/watch?v=PhiDIycBrHU
youtube.com/watch?v=meJ_C8GXD1c
youtube.com/watch?v=1ZhI_byNMms
youtube.com/watch?v=mCxpNPJovng
thepiratebay.org/torrent/15871350/Blair_Witch_2016_HDCAM_UnKnOwN
viewster.com/movie/1214-16089-000/exhibit-a/
torrentking.eu/movie-2007/exhibit-a-torrents/
legittorrents.info/index.php?page=torrent-details&id=d866587d4429cf82537139478203d1d9d16f75db
mega.nz/#fm/QtNw0CYR
mega.nz/#!1pVXRKaT!q9Ww11kZPNwCHkYJVkJGnVgCyJCkDic0WtAseLPNmNU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The Blair Witch Project

Grave Encounters 1 & 2.

Not perfect, but they're my favorites from the genre.

I've been meaning to watch the Blair Witch Project, isn't there a new one out in theatres? It will most likely be shit but ill probably go out and watch it anyways

i'm currently watching Unfriended which is not as bad as i thought it would be, has the usual young adult bullshit but the concept is fucking neato

this right here is why Hollywood gets away with their bullshit

yep, they're obviously not jackasses releasing it this time of the year

I think you have to be stupid to enjoy "found footage". The idea is to put you into the moment, but the technique is so trivial all I can think about is how it's actually a dude deliberately jiggling the camera.

if you take it that seriously, then yeah sure i could see why you feel that why

the problem with found footage is that it has to be professionally done for it to be taken seriously and released en masse, thats why instead of it being realistically a small handheld camera, held by someone exhausted and on location, it's a professional camera casually shaked and walked around by a professional

Another problem is that found footage films explain the story to you and make sure that you see the right shots and angles, which is unrealistic, seeing how someone running away from certain death isnt/shouldnt be thinking of making sure people know exactly what is happening

movies like this? like i said hte overall movie was ok, i just really liked how the used the internet/Skype in this film

Exhibit A is a great example of found footage film imo, it was done so well

i think all the actors did their own camera work as well

Email me. I found some footage of your mum.

I only saw blair witch project and cloverfield and it annoyed me so much i never watched another. Selling a movie on shaky cameras and using no special effects and using it as a selling point is a good strategy if you're a jew in hollywood though.

REC is pretty decent if you can handle watching something in spanish with subtitles. They made a few more but I never watched them.

I just looked it up and i could have sworn i've seen this before but in english, is there a remake or some shit?

thats the point fam

but to be fair BWP and Cloverfield were fucking shit

Actually I'm pretty sure they did remake it. The english remake is called Quarantine

oh shiiiiit alright alright i knew it looked familiar, i'm assuming the original is better? definitely gonna watch it, thanks user

I haven't seen Quarantine so I can't really say for certain, but the original is usually better anyways. You're welcome!

It's no remake, it's an attempt at the shaky cam trapped zombie cenario.

REC and REC2 are pretty nice they both happen at the same time from different perspectives, ignore Genesis.

REC and REC2 are pretty nice they both happen at the same time from different perspectives, ignore Genesis.

I just finished watching Rec and fuck it was pretty good! I thought the language barrier would fuck shit up but it made it feel more intense since i couldn't understand what they were saying

No subs?

the subs i got with the torrent were shit and i was already at school so i just watched it anyways, i''ll probably watch it again with the actual subs later on

Three guys develop telekenisis after going down a hole. Shit gets crazy real fast. Basically the western Akira.

Watched Paranormal Activity: Ghost Dingaling the other day. Wasn't terrible if you can into jump scares and the spoopies actually do something.

my fucking sides

which one did you watch? I remember the hype was huge when the first one was coming out, then everyone watched it and realized it was trash or at least not as scary as people made it out to be

I can't imagine what the sequels are like

this isn't a movie but its a classic vid

Ghost Dimension. The other sequels I've seen are all edging and no goop. They went completely the other way with this. No ghost giving a dutch oven, roll credits. There's shit everywhere and the spookies cgi is decent. Still goofy, but not bad.

Y'all should be ashamed of yourselves! Probably one of the better modern examples of the style.

anyone kept up with any of the Marble Hornets spin offs? anything decent come out of that guy?

straight kino. good fucking call.

holy fuck thats a name i haven't heard in a fucking while, what ended up happening with those guys? I remember it was great but eventually i stopped watching

shit nigger I was LITERALLY about to post that
good taste nignog

Watched it, very nice movie.

the end of that series got weird. guess they did a shit movie and a couple spin offs. clear lakes 44 which is on hiatus and totheark, haven't seen either.

I actually am ashamed. That was the one good one and I forgot about it.

yeah i stopped watching after the first "season" if thats what you'd call it

it was pretty fucking hype back in old /x/ days though

its one of the few films that does the "Genre"/ style right!

comfy days, user. visited /x/ during the white rabbit thing out of curiosity. half the threads were defending the school's right to privacy and trips samefagging their REKT posts. how did such a fate come to pass?

V/H/S is fun if you don't take your movies too seriously

Indeed they were.

You talking about the bright green building down in Salt Lake City?

yup. i still go by there on occasion. zero children.

translation: if you have no taste

i found the tryhard!

oh fuck you're actually from SLC? Was the place ever actually used as a school/daycarE?

Just said I pass by it :^) Did live a block away 10 years ago though. There were rarely kids there and they never stayed for long. Met up with the OP from reddit after he posted on /baphomet/. Some gigawhite bald dude in a black windbreaker tried to tail us while we were trying to follow the white rabbit. No kids at all there now, after all the weird info came out. Make of it that you will, but it hasn't been a fucking daycare in a long time. If ever.

oh shit thats fucking crazy dude, i remember that thread on /baphomet/ shit was fucking huge

after a while everyone stopped posting about it, i don't think there was much else to look into

It did get weird, but I think it also ended the way it needed to: Raising more questions than it answered. Trying to give a concise answer to what The Operator is and its motives would've only killed the mystique around it. Though it's heavily implied that Tim goes full-blown proxy, having come to grips with the fact that he can never escape The Operator and that acting according to its whims of his own will is better than the alternative of possession or abduction/execution.

The team also wound up writing the story for that Slender: The Arrival game. Some of the Troy Has A Camera (THAC) skits are funny, but it can be real hit-or-miss in a Tim & Eric way.

If you're looking for a decent Slender Man vlog series to follow after Marble Hornets, my recommendation is going to be either TribeTwelve or EverymanHYBRID (though both of them rarely update anymore,) with a preference for TribeTwelve because the guy behind it is a pretty good actor and a real wizard with the video editing effects. The story's also a lot easier to follow than Marble Hornets' (in comparison) because the creator is clearly trying to establish a more concrete mythos, while MH mostly kept The Operator as a giant mystery.

ya, all the pieces were uncovered. was pretty obvious and ominous.
an user broke in and looked around, didn't find much which didn't help the momentum

Nice, bookmarked for later. Thanks user.

i remember an user took photos of the inside for us, but it was pretty empty besides a few boxes filled with toys

You think the attention did anything?

Proven that it raised security temporarily and they scrubbed the tubes of some records. Who knows what was lost. It was, what, over a week between exposure and going in? Do you remember the name of the group of child kidnappers? Shadowmen or something?

I wonder what the fuck was going in that place, i mean it wasn't very big to begin with
wait are you talking about The Finders?

The Finders, that's it. Thanks.
It doesn't need to be big if it's a transition point. They had literal tons of "plastic toys" being shipped in to them, and a government employee on the books. 2+2

sorry to hijack thread, OP. All the good found footage shit is covered anyway.

thepeopleshistory.net/2014/03/the-finders-cult.html
“During the execution of the warrant at 3918/20 W Street., I was able to observe and access the entire building. I saw large quantities of childrens clothing and toys. The clothing consisted of diapers and clothes in the toddler to preschool range. No children were found on the premises.”

“Cursory examination of the documents revealed detailed instructions for obtaining children for unspecified purposes. The instructions included the impregnation of female members of the community known as the Finders, purchasing children, trading and kidnapping.”

wait what the fuck i had no idea the two topics were connected though. How do The Finders play into this? I remember The Finders were a huge topic on old /x/ way before this daycare thing even happened, so this is news to me i had no idea the two were intertwined

whats the connection?

no problem i was really into this stuff a while ago, anyways yeah i remember reading about boxes of toys that were being shipped to the place. I'm guessing to try and throw people off

Though i'm still confused as to how The Finders play into this, like i said above The Finders were a topic on /x/ before the daycare was even known about

Speculation. Mostly based on it being a daycare, but also there are occasionally kids seen there but not consistently long enough for a daycare. That, the record of abuse/fines for the location, the similarities, and the Mormon church's history with kids. It's either that or drugs, but pretty clear that something's being smuggled to me. What's your take on it?

Well i definitely think it was/is a front for some sort off illegal activity, now what said activity is i have no idea but its sketchy either way

i just didn't know The Finders were connected to this

are you that dude that posted on /x/ last week? kek

this is from the thread on /x/ "SLC user here (not the one who met security), forgive my rambling but I'm a bit drunk. I live across town from it, but attended kindergarten and first grade at a private school called Realms of Inquiry. They've since moved locations, but used to be located in downtown-ish SLC. While I was there I had a classmate who had actually attended day-care there. This would have been in 1999-2000. Sorry to say, but I honestly can't remember a single thing about what he said about it, other than he only went there twice and hated it. Back then it wasn't bright green, it was a similarly garish pastel color. Even back then I noticed and remarked to my mother that the windows were always covered, back then with what looked like children's artwork. Now they are covered with what looks like printed clip art of flowers and balloons.
Later I started elementary school at a public school (Whittier Elementary) located just a few blocks away from the daycare, and my parents drove me past it every day. I never saw a single child going in our out, and never saw anybody using the rusty rocking horse or swing set outside. The only time I ever saw any activity during my six years of twice daily rides past was on two occasions. Once, I saw two middle aged Hispanic men loading something into a trailer, covered by a white tarp. The second time, a year or two later I saw a heavyset Hispanic woman leave the building and get in her car. Not much to go on.
Some insight I feel some people haven't offered so far is that that place is in a relatively poor neighborhood in slc. It's not a "bad neighborhood" per se, but all the poor Hispanic kids I grew up with were from there or nearby rose park. If I had to guess what was actually going on, I'd say it is (or was) being run as a front for something, putting in bare minimum to be classified as a day care while concealing some other operation. If you're from Utah you might know about the Kingstons, a fundamentalist polygamist sect that operates with relative impunity within the state. They own dozens of businesses and control literally tens or hundreds of millions of dollars, but keep their "spare" women in run down communes and houses to avoid taxes and the law. If something shady is going down in Utah, they probably have a hand in it."

nah, wasn't me. By met security did he mean that dude that tried tailing me or was there another user? This on halfchan? Going to find that thread. Spot on post, although not sure about Kingstons.

That reminds me, the other reason The Finders were assumed is because of that other daycare site that had the exact same layout, site owner(?), and testimonials that existed somewhere on the east coast. Maybe not the Finders themselves, but fucking close enough.

I'm not sure i didn't ask him, though you can ask

Nah its on our /x/, someone made a thread a couple of weeks ago asking about the topic and an user from SLC was in the thread

there are only about 12 replies so its not a vastly informative thread but here it is

8ch.net/x/res/26895.html

and ohhhh ok ok i can see why someone would assume they are connected, that fucking odd though i'm goingto look into that

The Tunnel is kinda neato for being low budget, its on YT too

by the way the old thread is still up too, its fairly low in the catalog but its there

A shit genre, but the BEST ever found-footage film is "Europa Report". Anyone who disagrees is a faggot. Or they are someone who has seen a better one than "Europa Report" and have yet to tell me about it.

funny you mention that movie, i overlooked it when i did a Google search for found footage movies
i just skimmed through the plot description as well as photos and it seemed sort of cheesy, now i might just watch it though

How did I miss this, I love that guy.

Also on that subject, if Hardcore Henry is be considered a footage movie (?), it's a fun movie if you shut off your brain and like seeing things go boom.

makes things a lot more enjoyable when you're not analyzing every thing like a try hard

There's not even much to analyze truthfully. I had fun watching it and it's something I missed in a movie these past years.

Thanks user. Can't remember where I put all my shit on it, but will link it if I find it. Offtopic sage

i'm not talking about that movie specifically i mean movies in general, i'll definitely be watching that though thanks user

You're right though. Have fun user.

Np. Do that pls, all the old threads on the topic are gone.

found some on that /x/ thread
>>>/x/23560

watch it mang

Is it as fucked as the trailer makes it look?

your body is a wonderland bro.

Pretty fucking neato if you ask me

The chick at the end of the movie genuinely creeps me the fuck out

Cannibal Holocaust
V.H.S.
Titticut Follies

particularly Cannibal Holocaust - well made on a light budget. Ruggero Dedato made his actors sign a year long media silence contract to make it seem more real.

so THATS what its called, ffs i've been seeing that photo for a while but could never find sauce thanks dude

Just finished it, not that great.

tl;dr?

?

Yep

I don't even want to see the movie but I like these source hunts.

Not a big fan of Marbel Hornets but love EverymanHybrid. Even the fucking Rake shows up

this one should b ez

It's over here user,

dats my nigga

one mo

fucking shit movie btw

Sent me straight to torrent website.

Don't watch it its fucking horrible

Horrible

I thought it belonged to one of those V/H/S movies.

i'm about abn hour into the second one since (i think) i've already seen the first one in a stream somewhere

anyway its not as good as i thought it would be, i think i should have watched the first one. first?

V/H/S is fun

tfw boner when watching this bitch in the movie

The first one is nice, the second is absolute dogshit.

I watched this recently.

Was it alright?

Is Cloverfield worth a watch?

Yeah I liked it. link watchin-it.nu/index.php?movieAct=movie&movie=22653

I've never seen it.

Here's a nice one.

The Houses October Built is pretty shitty but its that time of the year so eh

group of friends try to find the best haunted house attraction, end up finding an extreme one and electric bugaloo ensues

I never followed the SLC daycare thing when it was going on, but it definitely sounds like a Finders operation from what was actually uncovered. Probably a holding area/safehouse for child sex slaves waiting to be moved elsewhere. Spooky stuff.

It's very good. Don't be a pansy.

How many of these even use found footage?

I would recommend Decasia and Bodysong

pretentious artsy bs

What?

I did but i never even thought of putting the two together, i remember The Finders were atopic on /x/ before the SLC daycare even came into play so it tripped me out

get better taste

I hate to break it to you, but Blair Witch was faked

I found the tryhard!

it's not hard

Watching those movies definitely is, the amount of pretentious cringe is heavy

About 40 mins in, bretty good so far

The most believable of this kind of genre for sure, but as movies they aren't fun to watch.

Blair Witch got fucked and it's now about aliens.

just finished watching it and it was pretty cool, kept me interested the whole time

though the ending was kind of abrupt, it was a good watch

wait really? tl;dr? I don't givea fuck about spoilers, gonna go watch it this weeknd

I don't see the problem.

Witches doing bright lights in the middle of dark forest?

well thats fucked

i knew it wasn't goingto blow my mind or anything but i definitely wasn't expecting that

These shoes are really bothering me. I have the exact white equivalents of them (converse x jack purcell "smileys" tumbled leather, silver ringlets, etc) but I want these. Litterally can't find them anywhere though seems like if they're tumbled leather and brown they don't have the ringlets or they're too dark guys I need help.

lol @ the reviews during the trailer, qwho the fuck reviews these??

I watched Blair Witch last night, and I have to say it at the very least lived up to the name. The acting wasn't garbage, and it had good pacing setting up the story, though it sped up a little too fast to establish the whole "We can't leave, we're walking in circles, it's always night time" stuff. It added some interesting ideas to the Blair Witch mythos, my personal favorite being that time also slips out of wack, some characters having not seen others for days while to them it was simply hours.
There was only one real thing I didn't get, and that was random black girl getting a cut on her footsie that had something inside it. Why? It didn't add anything to the story, it just made the "We need to leave, now," element seem slightly more pressing.
You actually get to see the house that this Blair Witch hangs out in, and there are at least two solid spots where she's in frame. Nothing that lets you get a good look, but a good key frame might help [pic related].
Not the greatest film, it did some okay creepy vibes, it certainly didn't bring shame to the original Blair Witch, but I didn't find it anything special to write home about.

About to watch

Hope its not shit

So no ayy lmao confirmed? Thank fuck. Spoil me user, what were those bright lights?

This movie i posted is an amateur school shooting movie, it's really good and it has been around for 7 years on youtube, also, Adam Lanza watched the movie ( the guy from sandy hook ) I think you could consider it found footage because it mostly consists of the tapes the shooters left behind

Just make sure to turn the subtitles on. It's split on 12 parts so i'll post em all here.

Embed related is first part

2 youtube.com/watch?v=a-f9xB5KYDw
3 youtube.com/watch?v=tlgDhcbJRoY
4 youtube.com/watch?v=3cYp4S5HrDk
5 youtube.com/watch?v=t2zElaWlj0A
6 youtube.com/watch?v=jDOv2gHVZZc
7 youtube.com/watch?v=METoTO-eHFs
8 youtube.com/watch?v=VLdFmnekkqs
9 youtube.com/watch?v=PhiDIycBrHU
10 youtube.com/watch?v=meJ_C8GXD1c
11 youtube.com/watch?v=1ZhI_byNMms
12 youtube.com/watch?v=mCxpNPJovng

skip to the last part for shooting

its friday so i'm definitely going to watch these tonight, thanks for the recommendations anons

Is the new Blair witch out for dl?

I have no goddamn idea. Nobody explains shit, that's for damn sure. You could say they're ayy lmao's, but if anything it could've been Cthulu eyes, or just headlights on a passing highway next door.
Shit's cray

So it dwindled down to no explanation jumpscare shit?

thepiratebay.org/torrent/15871350/Blair_Witch_2016_HDCAM_UnKnOwN looks legit after a quick check.

quality on this?

screencaps in the link retard

I fucking hated it because it's niggers being niggers, woo it's night and then it's over. There is no build up of suspense and the monster things were fucking stupid.

They should of made a film like the original but with the time fuckary adding to the mythos which would of expanded the story without doing.. this.

Nigger girl got a bug in her foot for body horror. I think it was edited down in a few places which were to be expanded on, like SJW girl returning or crazy dude reappearing.

I thought it didn't work and did bring shame to the original movie. They confirmed there is a monster in the woods that's fucking with people where as the original left this open (were they just incompetent? Was some crazy fucking with them in the house?) now we know what happened to the original crew and it's lame.

Well this exists so..

It didn't even come off as jumpscare. In the last few minutes of the film the main dude stares out the window, we see some lights shining through, and then the witch comes and rapes them.

Well, in the first movie with all the talk about the "Blair Witch" it'd be kind of fuckin' stupid to not have some kind of paranormal shit going on.
You're right on no suspense, though.
I didn't think the monster shit was that dumb, I like being able to at least perceive the monster.
We never did see anything about the original crew, though we can easily assume they are dead.

The paranormal shit should not be fucking aliens. Keep it grounded in some way. Being mysterious was perfect and it spoils the original mystery.

The original was shit… so the remake only has to live up to shit.

lol @ all the bad reviews

gonna download a cam rip and see for myself

I'm glad to see this. this film is incredibly underrated. and whatever her name was is fucking adorable. 8/10.

Man, the first season was so, so good

Yep its fucking great seeing the father slowly slip into madness, and are you talking about Judith? she's fucking waifu

SO good, i remember when it was first releasing it was fucking hype. Those were my early /x/ days as well so it was even better, the wait for the Entries to be uploaded was so intense

and lets say for instance i wanted to acquire a digital copy of this movie for archival purposes

any recommendations? jewgle is only getting streams, and i'd like my own copy

dunno mang i've been looking for it as well, i haven't been able to find anything besides streams like you mentioned

Try Exhibit A, unlike most of what's mentioned here it isn't horror, but none the less awesome.

see

bump of interest

It was for free on vodo, I guess you could check vimeo or some such site

i just checked for it on vodo with no luck. been looking for a stream or download over an hour now.

?

viewster.com/movie/1214-16089-000/exhibit-a/

i can find streams, yeah, but lets say i want my own copy

if there isn't a download, can this stream be ripped?

i'll try to find a copy though i doubt i'll find one, i can barely find anything about the movie itself

ripping wouldn't be so good, i don't think the movie is really high quality considering the actors did all their own camera work

aw hell yeah thanks bro.

It's up on ptp in case you've got an acc there.

torrentking.eu/movie-2007/exhibit-a-torrents/

quality is about as good as as you'll get from a torrent for this movie

Although practicality beats purity.

is it seeded? think i grabbed that the other day and it was empty, but if its running, I'll seed it for anyone else who wants it

Not much, about 10 seeders

Downloaded in a couple of minutes for me

im getting timeouts on all the trackers, thats why…

might be vpn? but no way in hell am i turning it off

The Good Neighbor is really good IMO. Good blend of found footage and cinematics. Definitely worth a watch

could be the vpn

the file isn't that big as well, its about 600 and some mb's

didnt work even when i turned it off….

if you put it on a mega, you'd be the hero this thread needs

uploading now gimme a few minutes, the quality in this one isn;t the best but its watchable

if you don'tmind waiting an hour or so i'll upload my other one which is better quality and about 1 gb in size

the thread will probably still be up in the morning so i''ll just post the link then for the better quality one then

or you can download it yourself vvvvv

legittorrents.info/index.php?page=torrent-details&id=d866587d4429cf82537139478203d1d9d16f75db

if you can't download it let me know i'll upload it to mega

dammint linked the wrong post meant for vvvvv

yeah, still won't connect, its weird im not having issues with other sites

pls mega?

I wanted to watch that movie but the motion sickness kicked in hard after a few minutes. Was unwatchable. Not sure if it's been mentioned but 'Afflicted ' 2013. Is worth a watch.

Image spoilered because it contains dvd cover art and is a spoiler.

Wonder if that's from the Blair Witch games? There was 2 or 3 pc games out. I actually played the 1st one and there was stuff you had to shoot/fight. I had the 2nd game but never even bothered installing it as the 1st one was stupid and not that great.

here you go

mega.nz/#fm/QtNw0CYR

will upload the better quality rip later on if u want

Why does it take you to straight to a login page? Is it a too big of a file to download without account?

need link with key pls :(

The first two V/H/S movies were okay I guess. The third was utter shit though, don't watch that one.

oops sorry dudes here you go

mega.nz/#!1pVXRKaT!q9Ww11kZPNwCHkYJVkJGnVgCyJCkDic0WtAseLPNmNU

really? I feel like 1 & 3 were the best, pic related is the only good part in V/H/S 2 Imo