Cuboid Cases

I recently bought
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811353073
So I want to know, what does Holla Forums generally think of Cuboid cases?

they are a waste of space

currently using the BitFenix prodigy, apart from the wobbly legs it's a pretty awesome little case that allows me to store my computer on top of my desk.

What other cases are there? Is every case not a cuboid?

You really don't wanna go there

They look kinda neat. If you stuck a handle on the top they'd be great for taking to LAN parties.
Personally I've always wanted to try a case where you mount the motherboard on the bottom, and the top has one giant fan and a dust filter. Add some vents at the bottom under the motherboard to draw in air and it would give some nice airflow.

There is very little difference between the two.

Pros:

Cons:

I use a cube case now and I love having my motherboard horizontal. I'm going to with pic related next build, my current one feels cramped inside.

Can you carry it under your arm?

The Thermaltake Core X9 is the best cube case I worked with so far, but they are pretty big and often take up too much space.

I'm thinking about getting one of these. Does anyone know know a nice but cheap case like this? I don't need anything fancy.

Fuck cubes. Slim SFF cases are superior in every single way.

i really like the design. i wish someone would make a case made of glass already. or at least fully transparent plastic. how practical are they, OP ?

indeed
cuboid != cube

I've seen a really old pic of a transparent computer with anime figurines inside. Someone's bound to sell them.
If not, it shouldn't be so hard to make a custom case. You need a panel to connect the motherboard to, a case side under it, case sides around and above it, a place to put hard drives and disk drives if you use them, and a few push-to-make buttons for power/reset.
I've seen a Thermaltake case that was made to be mounted on a wall, which had a glass side so you could see all the parts. The other side was metal, but it's the part you stick to the wall. It was expensive.

Unless you plan to use this for an HTPC, hidden nicely on the shelf of your entertainment center, I always felt these things look too much like the grey Dell and IBM PCs from the 90's.
Unless I'm going for the retro look, CRT included, I want nothing to do with case style.

But that's just my opinion man.

EpicPCCases at one time did exactly that.
They use to be really big on /g/ back in the day, but it all turned to shit when the husband got a job at ASUS. As part of his contract with ASUS he wasn't allowed to sell his custom cases anymore.

LOOKS COOL BUT IT'S DESIGNED LESS FOR EFFICIENT USE OF SPACE AND EFFICIENT COOLING, AND MORE FOR TRICKING THE GAYMER GOYS OUT OF THEIR SHEKLES.

TBH IF YOU AINT FULL MILSPEC GET FUCKED.

It's like you guys aren't even trying.

Best cuboid case ever made

WE WUZ BORG AN SHEEEIT

Cubes are the master case.

wait

U dun goofd?

100% gay