Alright

Best An Idiot Abroad episode?

Ricky is an unfunny atheist parasite

Whats the problem? Can't handle the truth?

the one where some pretentious artist shit is downright offended at how retarded karl is

the guy wasnt wrong i understood him even if he was a douche

I still wonder sometimes if karl isnt actually the best method actor in the world

whos this never heard of him

Was it "GREAT JOBS, NIGEL" Will Self?

Ricky's just compensating for the fact that he was super religious when he was a child, and now he feels silly about it. Seems to be the case with a lot of these outspoken atheist types.

Gervais has always been the weakest link in any of his shows. He gets carried a lot. Maybe he's a good writer, his delivery is garbage though.

I think the trio are funnier together than separately. I don't like An Idiot Abroad or anything the other two do, but XFM and the podcast are hilarious to me.

None of them. The show isn't funny. It's two stuck up assholes who send their friend to other countries and make fun of him because he's "uncultured" but when in reality he's just a simple comfortable guy who knows his place in the world and has no interest in moving outside of that. Then the two asshole friends setup some shitty pranks that if any republican or conservative person did they would instantly be labeled as extreme racists and basically confirm all of Karl's fears about said country instead of letting him see them for "what they really are" or whatever the fuck.

The show is shit.

Idiot Abroad actually kind of pissed me off. Karl is pretty funny, and doesn't take any shit, and they treat him like garbage because he doesn't simply accept the things that he is "supposed" to feel reverence for. Even when he's wrong, he sees something that looks like bullshit, and somebody tells him "no, these people think it's important", and he says "Well, why? I'm not going to think something's important just because somebody else does."

He gets treated like shit for having independent thought. More importantly, he's actually pretty witty and clever. They treat him like a dipshit for some of the things he says that are legitimately funny and well-thought.

Mostly, he gets treated like shit for not seeing the point in travel and complexity. He likes things simple, and he likes a life where he can plan everything and know where everything is going to end up, and he gets treated like garbage for not groveling at the feet of people who treat him like garbage just because they're shipping him all over the world largely against his will, making him eat literal rotten meat in India and get the shits for weeks straight (and where he has to shit into a hole in the ground instead of even the comfort of a toilet), staying the entire time in a reeking hotel room with a giant hole in the wall.

I'm all for Windy City Heat style pranks, but the pranks weren't funny. After the first couple episodes, I was only watching because I liked Karl's point of view on things and his cut-through-the-ostentatious-bullshit commentary was legitimately funny most of the time.

Bravo mate, you are not alone.

i only saw this show once and i thought it sucked

Karl Pilkington is pretty funny on his own and I ended up agreeing with him on many things, especially as time goes on and the bullshit gets laid thicker. Ricky Gervias and the tall guy are fucking annoying and constantly derail the show every episode through wacky "pranks" that end up looking like regular occurrences in the countries that Karl is going to, then they finish things off by guilt-tripping Karl for not drinking kool-aid.

Karl made his own series without Ricky's involvement. Haven't watched it yet but I heard Ricky cut off ties with Karl since he was able to do something independently. Ricky is a parasite and I hope he offends a rabbi or an imam and gets his life ruined/allah'd.

What a cuntish thing to do and I don't disbelieve that, Ricky always goes on about how he took Karl under his wing and has given him the easiest ride through showbiz despite Karl saying numerous times that he only does it for the money and even then he wouldn't get his share until Ricky and Steve had got their money sorted out first

looks like a m&b face texture

I think Gervais thought everyone else would think Karl is a complete retard, and became jealous when the audience realised Karl is the one that's actually witty. Merchant is just kind of doing his own thing, but Gervais needs other people to survive. Pilkington works because he's a completely average guy, a massive demographic which doesn't get sold to very often.

Also, his other show is The Moaning of Life.

If he actually thinks that way then I'm glad he's mad about Pilkington's success.
It's always great seeing mean spirited little cunts get btfo by the very people they were trying to shit on.

underrated post

An Idiot Abroad reminds me of a french comedy movie called "Le Dîner de Cons" (it's kino, you amerifags should watch it).

That's what I heard too.
Ricky is an asshole and like someone said ITT he can't succeed on his own.

I cant remember it wasnt idiot abroad iirc it was one of his other shows, thankfully sans the nasty little fat man

ricky is a hack, patrice had a bit about how standup in england is kind of retarded, its basically easy mode compared to the US, burger comics will go there when they are eating dick in the US, I think he uses ricky as an example, his stand up hours are generally pretty atrocious, I fucking love dirty vicious comics but he just gives off a cunty vibe, i guess britfags dont pick up on this because they are such a bunch of incest riddled miscreants

The last one

I agree with you as well but youre still a pussy that would die if he had to do some serious biwakin

still i get your point, sometimes he does say genuinely insightful things, and its understandable if you just dont want to have to fuck with it all

My point wasn't that shitting in a hole is horrendous or anything. I've stayed in horrible places before and lived. My point was just that being put in a shithole hotel and being treated like you should be grateful for the "cultural experience" at the same time is shit. If it's a prank, it's not a funny one, it's just being a cunt.

I'd like to be your friend. The Big 3 podcast topped the movie though, one of the all time greatest comedy projects

Karl basically got ripped off by Ricky for years. Stuff he said would pop up in Ricky's stand up repeated in a much less funny way. Gervais also sounded like a horrible person to be around, one story I remember had him kicking in the door to a bathroom stall Karl was in to maniacally laugh at him on the toilet and, I don't know, call him a "mong" or some shit.
Having to work closely with Gervais on the slow-mo trainwreck that was "Derek" was probably what caused Karl to cut ties. He completely opted out of the second season showing up for about 30 seconds in the first episode.

The show was probably "The Moaning of Life". Showed that Karl doesn't need to be put in a "hilariously cringey awkward situation he hates" to be funny and generally much better without Gervais and annoyingly shoed in unlikable Warwick Davis after "Life's too short" bombed. (What in the fuck were they thinking with that third season?)

Everything about this post is correct. Karl's worldview is unique, and despite the fact he can't form grandiose statements, his opinions are thought provoking.